Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 335i Sedan vs Coupe

nc72689nc72689 Member Posts: 10
edited May 2014 in BMW
I am going to buy a 335i soon, but I am still not sure on what to get...a sedan or coupe? Which one would you guys get? And what are you guys' opinions on the look of both cars? Give me some advices please...

Comments

• circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    Kids=Sedan. No kids=coupe.

Regards,
    OW
  • ventureventure Member Posts: 2,872
    LOL. That's what I used to think too.

I would add: Wife = Sedan :blush:

I always liked the look of most coupes better than their sedan counterparts. When I was buying my BMW the wife strongly suggested I get the sedan "in case someone wants to go with us".

Since I didn't want to hear about it for three years I agreed. :sick:

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

I'm in your club! But she is right...so much easier to get in and out, although I've never been in the back seats.

Here's a funny story. I took 3 colleagues to lunch. One was my CFO who is very portly. He said the 3'r was a P.O.S. because there was no room for him in the back!

He would have had trouble in the 7'er! :surprise:

Regards,
    OW
  • ventureventure Member Posts: 2,872
    See if he fits in the trunk next time. ;)

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

No Way! Even with no spare, not going to happen!

Regards,
    OW
  • hd665hd665 Member Posts: 5
    I have the sedan. I think the sedan's looks are better than the coupes. different strokes for different folks. incidentally, no kids, empty nester, downsized from a yukon suv. went back and forth between the mercedes clk350. their coupe's lines are better due to the lack of a pillar on the window. imo.
  • jmarounjmaroun Member Posts: 151
    I believe the coupe's rear seats can entirely fold down.
    That's a real practical advantage if you ask me. Also,
    the aerokit on the sedan looks inperceptable compared to
    the standard. The coupe's aero kit looks nice (at least the front bumper does).

The couple cost roughly $2.3k more than the sedan. That's 4.7% more than the sedan optioned out some.

Joseph
    San Diego
    blog: http://www.carspace.com/blogs/enthusiastsdilemma08
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    You can get fold down seats for either the Sedan or the Coupe.
    The sedan doesn't have fold down seats I believe. They have this skinny
    plastic fold down pouch or something like that big enough to allow skiis or
    something to go through it. You can see it on bmwusa.com's build your own car thingy.

The coupe allows the entire rear seats to fold down I believe.

This is according to my understanding after visiting a BMW dealer recently.
    I saw the sedan's pouch fold down, but I didn't see the coupe's seats fold down.
    I'm going by what the sale's rep told me. Please do inform if I'm wrong.

Joseph
    San Diego
    "The sedan doesn't have fold down seats I believe. They have this skinny
    plastic fold down pouch or something like that big enough to allow skiis or
    something to go through it. You can see it on bmwusa.com's build your own car thingy."

Incorrect, the Sedan CAN be purchased with "Split-folding rear seats including ski bag".

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    That's great news to me.
    Thanks sincerely for the information.

How much does such an option cost? Just wondering? I didn't see it on
    bmwusa.com..but I will check again later.

Joseph
    San Diego
    Per the BMW-USA web site, the split folding rear seats can be had as a stand-alone option for $475 or as part of the Cold Weather Package for $1,000.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • pdude1pdude1 Member Posts: 47
    I'm also debating about this debacle. I recall there being an added feature on the coupe that's not on the sedan, but I don't recall right now. One thing is that I like the coupe's back seat better than the others I've been comparing it's class/price range.
    You may be thinking of the Sport Suspension which is standard on all 3-Series Coupes and available as part of the Sport Package on the Sedans. Yes, no?

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • pdude1pdude1 Member Posts: 47
    I think you're right as well as some of the cosmetics on the car such as the rims, back seats, and colors that are available as standard in the coupes.
  • overworkinoverworkin Member Posts: 5
    I just talked my wife into buying a dealer demo 09 335 coupe. It will be in her name and she loves the car. By the way our kids are grown and have there own cars. If we need to have others in the car too bad. :shades: She has been looking for a white coupe for a while. We got a great deal since it is year end. The coupe is much more attractive than the sedan. Actually if I were to get a sedan I would rather get the C350, much better looking than the BMW.
This discussion has been closed.