Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

GMC Yukon Noises and Sounds

13»

Comments

• Options
    salespro2013salespro2013 Member Posts: 2
    Its an AWD Denali and its one loud pop as I turn into a parking place. When the wheel is turned all the way or close to being all the way it will pop almost everytime as I ease it into the parking spot.

Its not a clicking noise like when the CV boot tears and loses the grease.

Thanks for the ideas!
  • Options
    jack_mjack_m Member Posts: 1
    Could be in your ride control. I am having an issue that rears it's head after driving for an hr or so. A very loud thumping coming from the left rear. You can feel it through the floorboard and hear it outside quite loudly. It is not affected by road conditions nor braking. I am leaning towards rear axle bearing, but have never heard one thump before. Nothing is loose anywhere, and is so loud it sounds unsafe. But comes and goes, normally after 100 miles or so. Any ideas?
  • Options
    mrjohnbmrjohnb Member Posts: 9
    I found and correct my Issue So I just wanted to share it with everyone. my issue was fast repeating metailic bangs that when faster at speed. at 60 miles an hour it sounded like a 3 round or 5 round burst from a full auto ak-47.

So the culprit was the rear drum shoe. the rear shoe is shaped like a horse shoe and is one peice. it broke and was intermittenly getting caught on something. it was transfering energy into it and was acting like a spring due to its shape.

Good luck,
    hope this helps someone

john
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Good sleuthing. Seems like an odd part to break though. Casting defect perhaps?
  • Options
    xanderpxanderp Member Posts: 1
    @Mrjohnb
    Thank you so much for posting this. It sounded like I was getting shot at by a machine gun when driving on the freeway. I could never figure out what or where it was coming from. You said it was the rear drum shoe. Was this hard to replace yourself? I'm trying to learn more about it and where it is exactly. If you see this please share any more tips if you can. Thank you again for helping to solve the same issue.