Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009-2010 Hyundai Sonata

Comments

• reechzreechz Member Posts: 50
    Hey folks, I am on the fence about getting a GLS tomorrow-
    all this talk of bad suspensions and wacky sounds is scaring me off. I thought I would save $$$$ and get the pop package w/ the gls, for 16.2 , but now i am thinking of spending the extra thousands and getting an Accord :sick: .
    I want to keep this car for along time, can someone talk me back off the ledge and into the Hyundai dealership?

thanks in advance
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    What you need to do before you buy a Sonata or Accord or ANY car is take it (the exact car you are going to purchase) for a loooong test drive, preferably by yourself or perhaps with other family members, over the kinds of roads you will likely travel on a regular basis. So run it over concrete and asphalt highways, city streets (the more potholed the better), and washboard secondary roads.

I have driven about 15 2006-9 Sonatas over all kinds of road surfaces. These cars had anywhere from 3 miles to 40,000 miles on the clock. There is a particular road near me that I use as a "test track" because it is badly rutted with an undulating surface, with several curves and no traffic, so I can get the car up to a decent speed. I have driven Sonatas, Accords, you name it on that road and others. I haven't noticed unusual suspension noise on any of those Sonatas. What I did notice was tire slap on some roads, particularly over tar strips/expansion joints, and especially with the 17" wheels. I am not saying others have not experienced other suspension noise; different people are sensitive to noises at different frequencies, and cars can have defects--which it appears is true on the Sonata, as there have been TSBs on the Sonata's suspension since the 2006 redesign.

But you need to test out the car you want to buy and see how it feels and sounds to you. Ideally, compare the Sonata and Accord back-to-back over the same course, if the dealers are close enough together to allow that. I am lucky in that I live in an area with many car dealers, so I can almost always do the back-to-back comparison on the cars I am considering.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide.
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    backy's advice about testing the exact car you are interested in is spot on.

I have had hearing loss at least since 1989 when I was 40 years old. Even with hearing aids now, there are some sound I do not always hear, usually higher pitched sounds. Then, there's times in a crowded situation when I cannot hear the person I am talking with but can hear someone else 15 feet away. Everyone's hearing is different, not just those with a hearing problem.

Drive the car & see for yourself. My 6 cyl, '05 Sonata (previous generation) is very quiet except on "old" concrete roads where road noise becomes a factor. This is due to tire noise with the Michelin's not wind noise.

My wife's Honda CR-V, to my hearing, is much noiser on any type of pavement, wind noise and engine noise.

Another poster stated some time back that he thought the Sonata was so quiet the other noises experienced in other cars may mask a minor suspension noise and make a Sonata suspension noise seem more than it really is. He could be right. Find out for yourself & good luck.
  • chrrmurpchrrmurp Member Posts: 24
    To reechz who is on the fence about purchasing the Sonata, bite the bullet! You'll be getting a lot more bang for your buck with the Sonata and the warranty is unbeatable. I too was concerned about quality (I was a former Camry owner with 200k miles) because I drive my cars into the ground, but I rest assured with the excellent warranty. There isn't a day that goes by that I regret my decision to buy the Sonata over a Camry or Accord.

Regarding the noise issues being reported: I own a 2009 Sonata Limited (V6) and have put over 17,000 miles on it. From time to time I do hear a slight crackling-type sound inside, but I only hear it when I'm pulling out out of this parking garage that has a slight slope up and then goes down right away. I really do not ever notice anything like that while driving and it only seems to happen when I'm pulling out of that garage when it's cold outside. I don't even notice it in warmer weather. My 1995 Camry did the same exact thing in that spot in cold weather. I think the materials inside the car get slightly harder in the cold and make that sound when the car flexes as the road changes. It's definitely not anything I'm concerned about and I haven't noticed it during normal driving.

Also about the "tire slapping" - an owner of a model with 17" rims will likely hear the bumps/tar strips a lot more than a model with 16" or less rims. To me, the 09 Sonata is very well insulated and quiet so it is not an issue, but I will say that my 1995 Camry (which had 14" rims) and my 1993 Mercury Cougar (which had 15" rims ) were both slightly quieter over bumps. My father has a 2001 Chrysler 300m with 18" rims and his is much louder than the Sonata over bumps, tar strips, etc. As the rims get larger, the noise levels increase. I believe the GLS has 16" steel rims, which will likely be quieter than the 17" rims on the other models. Here is a quote from an Autotrader.com Expert Review: 2009 Hyundai Sonata about the tires:
    "In terms of ride quality, the 17-inch wheel/tire combination makes its presence known on rough pavement, where the shorter sidewalls transmit more of the road's imperfections into the cabin. The GLS four-cylinder, the lightest model and on 16-inch wheels, offers the best ride quality for those who do most driving on marginal roads."
  • ylzylz Member Posts: 45
    Hello everyone. I have been in the market for a new car for quite some time now and I have narrowed it down to two: the 2009 Hyundai Sonata V6 Limited or the the 2009 Mazda 3 hatchback. Now I realize that these cars are in two totally different classes. But I'm 30, single and don't really "need" all the space in the Sonata but it is nice. Ok so let's get down to it. Love the Sonata's interior although the Mazda 3 interior is functional and looks good as well. I love the Mazda 3 exterior although the Sonata has a nice classy look about it. They both drive nice although different. The Sonata is more smooth and floaty while the Mazda has a much more sporty (but FUN) ride to it. I do spend most of my time on highways so in that way, the Sonata would be better but the Mazda just puts a smile on my face. How is the Sonata on the freeway, powerful? Cause although the Mazda only has 156hp, it really moves on the highway. The real reason why I am actually leaning towards Mazda is because of all the problems I am reading about the Sonata in this forum. From noise issues of the interior, to navagation problems, to suspension problems, etc.... Please someone with a 2009 V6 Limited tell me I'm being crazy and the Sonata is a great car which I will enjoy for years. When I buy a car, I usually have it for at least 7 years so I wanna make sure I'm buying something durable. What do you guys think? Any insight at all would help. Thank You.
  • dave868dave868 Member Posts: 64
    I have a 2009 V6 Limted w/NAV. It's a great car.... now that I am 40 & have 3 kids.

You however are 30 and single. The choice is clear:

Buy a G37

I promise that you will not be disappointed.
  • investingdadinvestingdad Member Posts: 23
    First, I don't think the Sonata has any real problems. I have a 5MT GLS and it's very quiet inside. The suspension is not as refined as other sedans in its class but it's not problematic. There are some squeaks from the windshield when it's very cold out as the frame seems to have some minor flex. Ok, that said let's review:

Price vs. Goodies
    I think the Sonata crushes the 3. I was looking at a 3 myself (plus a Civic) and the Sonata gave a LOT more standard options (they're all pretty much loaded) than did the 3 and it cost less. I would not have been able to get a 3 at any trim level for 15050. You get a lot more car in the Sonata.

Driving Fun
    I own a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata (factory turbo, lightly modded, hard suspension) so I have Mazda experience. The Sonata is the antithesis of the MSM. It's large, floaty, comfortable, and relaxing. And quiet. The ESC, ABS, and Traction Control give the Sonata the ability to handle bad situations but there's no feedback and the steering is numb. The Sonata is NOT "fun" to drive. The 4 banger is adequate for a family sedan. The V6 probably has more oomph. But it's heavy and it handles like a heavy car. It's a subdued, mellow ride.

The 3 will give you a lot more fun behind the wheel. Have you considered the Mazdaspeed 3? It's got a factory turbo and probably a stiffer suspension. For the price of a V6 Sonata, I bet the price delta isn't that large. Though the 3 will cost more.

What Would I Do?
    I was replacing an 04 Sentra. I have two kids and needed a family sedan that was roomy, comfy, nice ride, stick shift (tough to find a 09 Sonata in a stick but I did), and upscale interior plus economical. Sonata delivers. But I already got the sportscar. So I wasn't looking for "fun" in this car. Spending a few extra grand for a snappier drive didn't make sense. Nothing is going to top the Miata when it comes to handling (unless you shell out at least 30K) so why spend another 3K just for some cripser response?

If I was only in one car (I've always had two), I'd get the 3. And I'd consider the MS 3 if you can afford to do so.

Bottom Line
    Sonata does not have problems. But in your case, I'd get a 3 and cosider the MS3. FYI - my wife told me the Sonata is not capable of picking up chicks. ;)
    Thanks for your responses guys I appreciate it. You know I have driven the Infiniti G35 (never the G37) and I wasn't crazy about it. First I never have liked Inifiniti interiors although the car was plenty powerful and handled well also. But I'm trying to get something practical as well. As for the Mazda Speed3, I am sad to say I can't drive stick very well at all. I never really learned the proper way (if you could believe that). I WISH they had a Speed3 in automatic, I would buy it in a sec. In fact I have thought about buying a regular 3 and using mods to make it faster but heard these don't really work that great. (example, cold air intake) You know a third car I looked at was the Volkswagen GTI with the DSG. I heard that thing flies and handles well also which seems like fun. But I have heard terrible things about their reliability. So back to these two cars I'm looking at. I guess the 3 would seem more of a car that would fit me because I'm still young. I think I still would be able to pick up chicks though in the Sonata. (haha) I really like how classy the Limited Sonata looks inside with the Navigation. Which one do you think is more reliable espcially after like 5 years? I would say the Mazda is but who knows? I also do a lot of highway driving and hope the Mazda will be able to merge onto oncoming traffic with no problem. It seemed like it would fly when I drove it a couple of times but have never been on the highway with it. By the way, I saw a 2009 V6 Limited Sonata. It was black on black with tinted windows. What a HOT looking car. Stylish but also elegant looking especially with that fin on the top of the car. Ok so thanks, I'm still as confused as when I first started thinking about these two cars. (haha) Take care.
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Look at the Fusion as I've read in these forums how nice it is. Can't beat the price also. Somehow I'd of thought that you would have checked out the Acura TSX...bit smaller of a sedan but looks neat and probably drives nicely. And for someone with no kids, I'd definitely check one out.

The Sandman :)
    Mine is black on black and is very sharp. The chrome package makes it sharper.

I'd suggest learning to drive stick and getting the MS3. It's not hard to learn and well worth the effort.
    Why not the new Mazda6, rather than the 3? The new 6 is a great looking car, more sporty than the Sonata, has better handling than the Sonata, and for what you are looking to pay for a Sonata V6 Limited you could get a nicely equipped Mazda6i; there seem to be some good year-end deals on the 6 right now. The Mazda6 is a much closer comparo to the Sonata.
  • chrrmurpchrrmurp Member Posts: 24
    I have a 2009 V6 with Nav and I love the car. Mine is cocoa metallic paint with the cocoa interior (which is the "black" interior). It has plenty of power. On my way to work, I merge onto the highway and I gun it almost every day just to feel the push-back into my seat. It revs up, sounds great, and really picks up quick. I'm 26, have no kids, and do not feel like I'm driving around something my dad would drive. Well maybe we would, but I think he'd get something bigger. It's a classy car - not too flashy - and is loaded with standard features you won't get in a mazda. The Sonata has a nice deep sound when it picks up and has no vibration at high RPMs. Plus I would feel much safer in they Sonata.

If you're worried about quality, rest assured with the Hyundai warranty. If anything goes wrong with the Mazda, you won't be covered. One of my buddies had a Mazda RX8 and at 89,000 miles he had to replace the clutch and some of the other parts that hold it on and it was really expensive.
    Thanks for responding. I know the Hyundai warranty can't be beat but I'm not concerned about that. What I am concerned with is the general way the Sonata rides. Many people are talking about the loud noises they hear when going over uneasy roads. So that's not really covered in the warranty, as this is just the way it drives. Do you have this problem at all? Do you hear "thumps" or cracking sounds when going over bumps at all? When I test drove the Sonata, it seemed very smooth and powerful to me but I didn't take it over bumps at all.
    FWIW I drove a couple of 2008 Sonatas yesterday, back to back over almost the same course, as I was looking to get one on a year-end closeout deal. While I didn't get a deal that was compelling enough (on a Sonata anyway...), I did notice that the first car I drove, which was not in great shape overall (the plastic rocker panel covers were loose or mis-aligned, and there was some other exterior and interior damage), there was a definite "thump" noise going over sharp bumps like expansion joints. Since it was a very cold day (about 5 F), the joints were higher than usual. This was NOT a tire slap noise but something else that came from the front of the car. Not real loud, but noticeable. I then drove another 2008 Sonata at another dealership. This one was in pristine condition except the rocker panel cover on the right side was broken at the rear end of it (which the sales manager seemed genuinely surprised and embarrassed about). There was no noise over bumps as on the first car, just a normal faint thump as you'd get from tires (cold tires at that). The cars were identical trim-wise and tire/wheel wise. Each car had about 40k miles.

This was the first time I have heard this kind of noise on a 2006-2009 Sonata. I know there were suspension changes for 2009. However, I think it supports the need to drive the exact car you plan to buy, over a wide variety of road surfaces.
  • palokpalok Member Posts: 14
    You know all that extra money in my wallet does a more than adequate job of cushioning any bumpiness. It handles well and I don't drive it into any potholes either.
    If I had spent closer to 20K, perhaps the thumpa-thumpa (as I describe it) would bother me based on my price point. But I spent 15K and it doesn't. I've found that with the stereo on at normal audio levels (6-8), I don't even hear it. I think it's being blown out of proportion, really.

Here are the new cars I bought and prices paid at the time I bought them (all BEFORE tax):

93 Hyundai Scoupe - $8500
    95 Honda del Sol - $17500
    99 Honda Civic DX - $13500
    04 Nissan Sentra 1.8S - $11500
    04 Nissan Altima 2.5S (wife) - $17500
    04 Mazdaspeed Miata - $21800
    09 Sonata GLS - $15050

Looking over my buying history, the Sonata is a screaming deal given the whole package of what you're getting. The suspension isn't perfect and the windshield frame flexing makes some squeaks in the cold if you hit uneven roads (the del Sol did this with the targa top).

Frankly, I think it needs to be put into perspective based on price and package.
  • loradoraloradora Member Posts: 16
    I agree, we didn't pay a lot for this car and am trying to ignore the noise. The noise we are hearing in our 2009 Sonata, which has already had the entire right front suspension replaced--under warranty, is it sounds like when you have a blown shock or bad wheel bearing in the front end. We go over washboard surfaces, which with the truck traffic in our area it is hard to not have to drive on it, it sounds like you have a blown shock/strut or bad wheel bearing. Just a little unnerving with a brand new car.

When we test drove it, there wasn't that sort of surface around. Believe me, many lessons have been learned with this car purchase!

I keep waiting hoping that they get enough complaints that they look into WHY it is doing this...it's almost like the suspension needs to be "tightened up/stiffened up" some to help take care of the situation. I don't know.

Other than that, no complaints--just still not thrilled about the car yet--and it's been six months!
    Well, a bad wheel bearing is a grinding noise that you hear around turns when you load up the wheel with the bad bearing. I've had some in other cars, are you sure that's a good analogy?

I find the noise to be a sort of deep bass, rumble sound. It's common to all 4 corners and isn't THAT disruptive.
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Member Posts: 431
    That suspension noise is exactly the reason I didn't buy the Sonata as I have mentioned in earlier posts. I bought the Fusion because it was quieter and didn't have what sounded like a clunking noise when going over any bumps. I was disappointed, but it really turned me off to the idea of buying the Sonata.
    2012 Highlander Limited AWD V6 and 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
  • bigredtxbigredtx Member Posts: 14
    i have a 2009 sonata...beware they have transmission problems and no one can seem to fix it. it shifts hard when its cold no smooth shifting i have taken it in 3 times and still the problem not fixed
  • dafydafy Member Posts: 5
    I have been driving my 2009 Sonata 4cy at with pop.opt 2 around for a week now. On smooth roads the car drives nice. On rough roads there are rumble sounds coming from the suspension (independent suspension on each wheel) the noise is more pronounced then on my toyota matrix. My take is that the suspension is not dampened enough. My 3 other complaints are no foldaway mirrors ( I have a narrow garage entrance) should have three cup holders instead of two in front console-my small matrix has three and the shift design-needs a arrow or light to tell you what gear you are in as the design is different than the toyotas. I can live with these plaints as I have a lot more car for about the same money that I would have paid for then Toyota matrix. So far I am getting about 24-25 mpg locally. Have not driven it on a highway yet. Suspect that if enough people complain about the rumble, Hyundai might devise a fix.
    Doesn't the display in the instrument cluster tell you what gear you are in?

Foldaway mirrors are handy, for garages as well as those tight parking spaces in parking ramps.
  • jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    ....should have three cup holders instead of two in front console-...

One can only wonder why?
  • stephen987stephen987 Member Posts: 1,994
    One for the driver, one for the front seat passenger, and one for the hot babe riding on the center armrest, of course. . .

Or is it one for the glass, one for the mixer, and one for the vodka?

Seriously, even cars with three-across front seating don't have three cupholders in front, do they?
  • dave868dave868 Member Posts: 64
    I understand your feelings about the Infiniti interiors. I have realized that I am a bit of an interior snob. My wife had a 2004 G35 and I had a 2005 FX35. Loved both cars, but the interior is not up to german standards. My 2001 330 was a world above. However Infiniti stepped up their game in 2007. The interiors are still lacking when compared to BMW, Audi and MB. But they are holding their own with Lexus and Acura. And power and handling is right there with BMW.

So I still say... you are 30 and single... save the practical cars for your next purchase. Buy a G or if you want to be "practical" check out the new 335d.

0-60 in 6 secs. 36 mpg hwy.
  • richardrr1972richardrr1972 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 V6 with cloth interior. I am considering upgrading to leather seats. I saw some kits on ebay for around 400 dollars that claim to be the same as what the dealers use. Also, they recommend it be professionally installed as the cloth has to be removed and there is also the issue of the side airbags being damaged. I'm wondering if I should buy a kit and take it to a detailer or dealer and have it installed. Go to a dealer and just say I want a leather upgrade and have them do everything. Or finally, just go right to a detailer instead of a dealer and have him do everything. What I don't want is poorly fitted seats that look like someone threw covers on them and or possibly risking my side airbags not deploying if I were to be involved in an accident. Does anyone have any advice other than to tell me to keep the cloth interior.

thanks,

Richard
  • nysniper28nysniper28 Member Posts: 18
    I am in the proceess of purchasing new rims and winter tires for my wifes 2009 sonata limited, I can add TPMS sensors for $208 from tirerack.com but dont think I am going to get them. Will this be a problem? I am guessing that just the light will stay on all winter...but when I put back on the original tires in the spring will I be able to hookup the TPMS myself and will it work, will I be able to UNHOOK it as well from the original? I guess I'm not even sure where the heck this TPMS is on the tire and if I WILL BE ABLE TO DO IT MYSELF when I change the tire/rims or do I need a professional to install it? Any suggestions would be great thanks?

PS....TPMS is dumb as far as I'm concerned, I usually check my tires at least once a week anyways!
  • hyundaiguy4hyundaiguy4 Member Posts: 9
    I was wondering if any one out there besides my self has purchases a 2009 sonata and has noticed suspention noise?

I purchased my sonata last week and noticed it has a clunking sound while driving mostly from the right side. I took it to the selling dealer and went on a ride with the service mgr. he told me that they have had many complaints and that there is nothing they can do he said to complain to hyundai and that enough people complain maybe they will issue a service bullitin. i cnt believe that a car with 174 miles on it sounds like it has 174,00 miles on it and needs struts . hope they figure this out soon this is my 4th hyundai and will be my last if it is not corrected soon
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    There might be something helpful for you in this discussion: Sonata Front Suspension "Thunk".

Good luck.
  • CGPilotCGPilot Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2009 Sonata Limited. Does anyone know if there's a way to (easily) re-wire either of the 12 volt outlets so that they are powered without the key on? I'd like to be able to charge my cell phone or GPS without the key, yet both the outlets are controlled by the ignition key.
  • osaka75osaka75 Member Posts: 88
    I second the question. Thanks for asking it.
    Ohhh, yes! I've been dealing with this since July 2008. They must have changed something in the suspension and on "washboardy" or rough surfaces the suspension sounds/responds horribly!

You can read the old posts, etc. under the thread Suspension Thunk. They did replace my whole front right suspension, which took care of a little noise, but didn't take care of it fully.

I've been contemplating forming an official complaint with Hyundai or taking it back to the dealer and getting my money back.
  • decarlowdecarlow Member Posts: 4
    We drove the Sonata SE, 4 cyl. Love the new firmer springs. Great power !
    Great looks ! Great Warranty ! We were treated very well ! Agreed on a good price, conditioned on fixing the auto door unlock feature.
    2009 owners manual, page 7 states this can be deactivated by dealer.
    Car came from the factory set up to unlock all 4 doors when trans. goes to park. This is a safety problem if you pull into the wrong parking lot and encounter trouble. Problem is, so far, Hyundai Zone Rep. and Corporate Engineers can't tell the dealer techs how to do this.
  • tanstaafl12345tanstaafl12345 Member Posts: 1
    My 2009 Limited V6, bought in July 2008 and now with 13k miles, started surging while on cruise control at 67mph. Then the check engine and esc off lights came on and the engine went into limp mode--a scary thing in the middle of a busy highway. A similar thing happened two more times while not in cruise control while I was driving the car slowly home.

Dealer said trouble code was P2135 (I think) and replaced the throttle body. Dealer service at North Houston Hyundai was excellent. So far the problem has not returned.

I am disappointed that such a new car would develop such a problem but I hope this is an isolated event. I am a conservative driver and have done all scheduled maintenance. Generally I have liked the car, except for the cheap leather (worse than Ford) and a squeak in the rear suspension. It is a comfortable highway commuter, has good power and a good sound system.

Best regards to my fellow Sonata owners.
  • frankcarolfrankcarol Member Posts: 1
    We discovered water on the floor of our new hyundai the morning after a carwash shortly before Christmas. We waited for a loaner and took car in. They could not replicate problem at their car wash and with water hoses, according to them. We took the car back and and went to our car wash immediately. We noticed water again the next day, but were discouraged from waiting for another loaner since the dealer implied their search could uncover nothing. They attributed it to the car wash we used being too "strong". We again noticed water, this time on floor of driver's side,under mat when we had not used any car wash. We took it in and they wiped up water and again told us they could not figure it out and we could wait for another loaner. Now the passenger side window does not work. They have the car now and have told us that they tried our car wash and so far cannot detect water. We wonder if the extreme cold weather might be part of the problem, which had abated when they tried out the "strong" carwash this time. The water that initially appeared on the floor of the back seat did not drip from above. There is no sign of water on the seats or walls.
  • raider23raider23 Member Posts: 8
    Hello,

We have an 09 Sonata Limited and my wife busted the passenger side mirror when backing out of our garage. Has anyone out there had to replace their mirror before? I am just trying to get a ballpark estimate of the cost of the mirror and the labor. I am in Texas and will probably take it to Huffines.
  • lahinchlahinch Member Posts: 1
    We already own two Hyundais. Want to buy '09 Sonata Limited - 4 cyl or 6 cyl depends on the price differential.

Paying cash....have purchased cars in the past so am aware of the basics, invoice/tissue, holdbacks etc.

Please help with some very recent experiences that I can learn from as I expect to purchase in 2 weeks.

Is there still a buyer loyalty rebate of $3,500 - does it expire soon?
    Also do not want NAV - but prepared to have dealer tell me that NAV is already installed on all cars that are available...I assume that's not true.
    Thanks, guys!
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    2 grand price difference (MSRP) between the 4 cyclinder limited and V6 limited - basically the difference in price is the engine.

Navigation is an optional item on all Sonata trims, including both limited trims.

In terms of the loyalty rebate, I think it's $1,500 (don't quote me on this, as I am not 100% certain). Hyundai is currently running a $2,000 rebate on the 09 Sonata, so the combination of the two do add up $3,500 ;) Plus any deals your local dealer willing to throw in, and you may be able to get a sweet deal right now. Keep us posted, and we'll make sure to keep quiet until after you surprise your hubby :)
  • ausboyausboy Member Posts: 15
    Could the silver rendering at the top of the page be the next Sonata?
    http://www.yflove.net/
  • mcgrottymcgrotty Member Posts: 4
    Hi Guys:

Have most of my ducks in a row for 09 Sonata Limited 4 cyc - just a few questions for you experts:

1. Is the dealer prep amount standard or does it vary among dealers?
    2. Are any of your buyers being coerced into taking NAV by salesmen telling you that no Sonatas are available w/o NAV?
    3. What is the best guess re: will the $2K rebate and $1.5 loyalty incentives be renewed for March?
    4. Anyone purchase recently on Long Island in NY - if so, how did ya do??

Thanks - your help is truly appreciated!!
    There should be NO "dealer prep" fee. The window sticker states, "...includes dealer preparation."

It is ridiculous for any sales rep to say that no Sonatas are available w/o nav. I would walk out the door immediately if I were told that.
  • qs84qs84 Member Posts: 10
    More like the Genesis Coupe
    I have been complaining about this car every day since i bought it finally they are supposedly having a hyundai rep come in to drive with me I have taken out three 2009's and all had the same terrable noise I hope they dont say it normal cuz i will just go nuts. each day i get more and more aggraveted I hate to drive it even I am considering cutting my losses and getting rid of it I mean who needs the aggravation I wonder do you get exaust fewm smell in the car when you fist start up and when you sit at lights? I surley hor they can figure this out because other that these two problems it a nice car
  • jlindhjlindh Member Posts: 282
    My suggestion would be to get a spell checker.
  • stephen987stephen987 Member Posts: 1,994
    My suggestion would be to get a spell checker.

I suspect there is also a problem with the punctuating system.
  • YitianYitian Member Posts: 9
    My 09 Sonata I4 squeaks/rattles from somewhere in the dashboard when jolting along uneven road surface. That is really annoying. I'm have the problem checked recently. Does your Sonata make this noise?
  • jm1996jm1996 Member Posts: 10
    Yes...of course it disappears on the smooth roads around the dealer.
    when its really cold outside it does
  • peridocperidoc Member Posts: 18
    Mine has squeaks/rattles that happen when going over medium or big bumps in the roads. The rattle seems to be coming from somewhere behind the instrument panel to the left of the driver towards the back of the dash. It is intermittent, but when it is rattling I can replicate it by driving over the road reflectors in-between lanes. Mine seems to disappear when near the dealer as well...if anyone figures out more precisely where these are coming from I would appreciate ideas.
    I am going crazy with this noisy car!!! I'm finding that now that we are experiencing some warmer weather it is worse!!! I've had both of my front suspensions replaced, the entire thing and it's not taking care of it. Something happened between 2007 and 2009. My husband says they had to make it lighter to get better gas mileage and therefore there is an issue.

I really would like to just take it back to them and cut my losses as well. I don't know. I'm waiting for the service manager to call me back and see what our next recourse is going to be.

I'll keep you posted. Lemon law maybe?