Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A5 Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
Ask your Audi A5 lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• elanzillottaelanzillotta Member Posts: 6
    I'm going to contact the dealership shortly in regards to leasing an A5. This would be my first time getting into an Audi. I've been leasing BMW's for the past 6 years but I've been waiting for that special Audi to come out. Does anyone know what the current MF and Residual value is for the lease? I wasn't able to find any info on the audi site. Also, in a 36 month period, how much out of pocket in maintenance should I be expecting to cough out. I've been spoiled for the past 6 years in not having to pay for maintenance, but I really want this car so I'm willing to take the plunge regardless.....

any feedback is well appreciated

Thanks!
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,686
    Hi: It's probably too early to be reviewing A5 leases as it is not due to debut in the U.S. until (I believe) spring '08. The S5 is just out here. Beautiful car, pictures don't really capture it...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• lovemyclklovemyclk Member Posts: 351
    Concur... gotta see it in 3-D! Not sure I'm ready to lose my e39, but this is one beautiful touring coupe. Similar performance numbers to the 335i Coupe, which I have driven and totally recommend to anyone shopping this type of car. Guessing the 335 is a more nimble road car, with the Audi being slightly larger and heavier - but it does have that terrific V8.

I'd be thrilled to have either... although the Audi does have a somewhat "exotic" appeal to it :)
  • ando818ando818 Member Posts: 2
    I want to lease the 2008 Audi A5 but i would like to know what the monthly payment would be if i put around $5,000 down for about 32 months. BTW the car is bout $42,000.

Thank you very much. Your time is appreciated
  • ando818ando818 Member Posts: 2
    I heard froma lot of people that audo couses a lot of preblems over time... is it true?
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Leasing numbers aren't available. You can't even buy an A5 yet.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi ando818. It is difficult to say how much it will cost to lease a new Audi A5 at this point. Audi has not published a lease program for it because it has not begun to arrive at dealers yet. I suspect that Audi will not offer much, if any, lease support on the A5 when it finally begins to arrive. Audi is not currently providing any lease support on the 2008 S5. If one was to lease an S5 through Audi Financial Services right now, they would have to use a lease money factor of .00284. Please feel free to stop back with the MSRP and selling price of the A5 that you are interested in when it finally arrives at the dealer and I will gladly work up a sample lease payment on it for you to give you an idea of what to expect.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • evan7578evan7578 Member Posts: 15
    Car_man,

what is the money factor and residual for 2008 S5. For 24 and 36 months
    Here you go, evan7578. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Audi S5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00286 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00286 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • zkaudiozkaudio Member Posts: 60
    I want one now lol... anyone have an inside scoop for a preorder?
    You'll just have to get on the list like everybody else. There's a national hold and backorder on S5's. I don't know of many dealers in the country that has an S5 for sale. Virtually every dealer I know of is sold out and waiting for customer order cars to arrive. You might have better chance of getting an A5 3.2 sooner.
  • bsc1114bsc1114 Member Posts: 25
    I am going to order an A5 tomorrow- I was told 12 weeks, which is fine because my Infiniti M35 lease is up in May (perfect timing-I hope!!!)
  • bozsterbozster Member Posts: 5
    Any news on the Audi Financial lease rates for A5s? I'm in dire need for this info as I have fully loaded A5 sitting on the parking lot of my dealership but my hands are completely tied in this negotiation as I have no clue what the AFS numbers are and I have heard from other dealership that they have received them.

Anyone?
    Hi bozster. Audi did publish a lease program for the A5 in February. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this car for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00266 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • dannyfreeddannyfreed Member Posts: 14
    Car_man: How about lease details for a lease with 12,000 miles? Term is flexible - can be 36, 29, 48 or even 24 months. Thanks.
  • 1audislsmn1audislsmn Member Posts: 1
    if the A5 has a sticker of $47,990 w/ about a 3k mark up, with $3,000 down at 36 months you'll be in the high $800's inc. tax. (I work at a dealer)
  • josht3josht3 Member Posts: 1
    I hear that Audi is coming out in March with residualizing the A5. I'm trying to work with dealers on a lease for a new 2008 with $2500 down, 15K miles a year for 36 months and I'm finding Lease prices all over the place. I live in Los Angeles and have even scouted out dealers in the rural areas but they are all exceptionally high ranging from to mid $500's to low $700's. Anyone have a lease deal like my request above they can share so I can get a better idea? Thanks
  • shivanshivan Member Posts: 34
    Anyone know if the March AFS money factor and residuals have been released for an A5 S-line or s5..looking for 15k, 36 months. Anyone know historically if Audi quickly improves their lease rates or will I have to wait till the 2009 models to get a good lease deal on a A5 or S5? Also beside leasecompare are there any other good online sites to get comparative lease rates?
  • westdriverwestdriver Member Posts: 3
    I just came back from a large Audi dealer and was told that I shouldn't expect any good lease rates on the A5 at least until July, which is disappointing. On a $50,000 car, the rats were around $800 a month so I'm trying different dealers. For the same $50,000 car, BMW quote me $660 for a loaded 330xi coupe. I'd still prefer the Audi, but will see where this goes.
    Hey dannyfreed. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A5 with 12,000 miles per year are .00256 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00276 and 52%. The 48 month numbers are .00276 and 44%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi shivan. What westdriver was told you is correct. Audi is not currently providing lease support on the A5 or S5 and I personally don't expect it to introduce any support on either of them in the near future. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00256 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 S5 are .00256 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jjthecatjjthecat Member Posts: 11
    Hi, can anyone tell me what an '08 A5 lease would run a month w/ premium package, white, auto, 36 or 39 months, 12,000 miles a year, zero down. Also, does anyone know if a car seat can fit in the back without trouble? Thank you.
    Car Man, why do you not expect Audi to introduce any support on either the A5 or S5? Are April lease rates available for I guess now 2009 A5 15,000 36,39 and 48 month. Thanks
  • mankumanku Member Posts: 76
    I looked at them and they are leasing terribly...over 800/month with nothing down.

Personally, I would get a 335 coupe...I drove them both, and the BMW is a better car (doesn't look as good, though)...the engine on the 335 is just amazing.

Also, the G37 is a really nice coupe, and can be had for under 500/month. real bargain.
    I'm picking up my Brilliant Red A5 today!!! Leased it for no money down, 15,000 miles- talked them down from $856 per month to $798- best I could do.
    I was lucky to get this car. I ordered one from another dealer in January and wad told the other day that it would be in (MAYBE) in June. Tired of waiting, I called a few dealers in New Jersey and one salesman said he was standing in front of a Red, Automatic A5. Flew up to the dealer and I'm getting it today. Can't wait
  • westdriverwestdriver Member Posts: 3
    I've had my new A5 for just over a month and I am thrilled with the car. The ride and handling are exceptional and I'm glad that I chose it over the BMW. I'm sure that you'll be just as happy. :)
    One word for this car- AWESOME!!!!! I almost settled for the Mercedes CLK, but I'm SO glad I didn't. Everywhere I go, people stop me talk about it. Rides great on local streets and on the highway. I'm so happy with it.
    Hi shivan. Audi may not introduce lease support on it. It's always difficult to predict what automakers will do with their future lease programs. I have not seen Audi's new May lease program yet, but its April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00236 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00256 and 50%. The 48 month numbers are .00256 and 42%. To the best of my knowledge, the 2009 A5 is not available yet.

Car_man
    Host
  • richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    What exactly do you mean when you say "lease support". Are you talking about just increasing the residual value and lowering the money factor?
    You've got the right idea, richz. Usually lease support means that a manufacturer's captive finance company offers a lower lease money factor than its standard rate on a vehicle. However, from time to time manufacturers will artificially inflate a vehicle's residual to a higher than expected percentage to have the same effect but defer some of the pain.

Car_man
    Host
  • smp9smp9 Member Posts: 10
    Anybody have any luck getting an A5 in San Diego area? What was the price paid?
    I know this is not the S5 lease forum (actually I don't think one exists) but carman can you tell me the MF, Residuals for a 15k, 39 month S5 lease. If AFS has released the May numbers that would be great. One other question, what are the buy rates on MF? and are they different than the rate I would get at an audi dealership, would I have to negotiate them?
    One other thing CarMan, can you tell me if the monthly MF and residuals put out by Audi Financial Services are the buy rates? And if I have this correct the dealers raise the MF from the buy rate to add on profits, therefore it can be negotiated down to the buy rate they got?
    Here's the info that you're looking for, shivan. According to the latest information that I have seen, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2008 S5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00276 and 52%, respectively. The buy rate is the lowest possible money factor that a dealership is allowed to charge on a lease of a vehicle. Some dealers will try to mark-up banks' buy rates to add additional, hidden profit to deals, but savvy consumers who know what the buy rates are should be able to get dealers to use them.

Car_man
    Host
  • jeffman619jeffman619 Member Posts: 31
    I spoke to all three of the Audi Dealers in San Diego county. They are offering the car at sticker price. Although, escondido dealer said $300 off.

all the quotes i got for a 43K MSRP car with 2K down were in the $775 including tax.

the problem is the selling price more so than the poor money factor. but obviously, that hurts. Hoehn told me probably wont get better for 6 months :(
  • pimpkpimpk Member Posts: 1
    I just put in an order for the 2009 a5. Don't have any pricing information but it seemed like when I was looking at the 2008 a5 when it first came out, the leases were pretty bad and didn't get much better. I expect the same for the 2009 a5. My dealer made seem like audi has no incentive to give great deals in A5 because the demand will be there but the supply will be limited in the US compared to the A4. I'm not expecting great lease options for the 2009 A5 so I intend on trying to finance it. I guess this is a lease versus buy question but I'd like to hear the forum's opinion on leasing versus buying this car.
    Your best bet is to lease through someone other than Audi but the rates are still not great.
  • djdiesel34djdiesel34 Member Posts: 3
    I live in Los Angeles as well. Can you tell me what dealerships you received the best quotes from? I would especially be interested in the dealer that quoted you in the mid $500's. Please let me know. Thanks.
    There's no way he got a quote for mid $500s. The best you can do is $700+. I really want to lease one of these too, but it is a terrible car to lease right now. I'm probably going to end up leasing a BMW 335xi coupe.
  • lukea3lukea3 Member Posts: 2
    I wouldn't go with the BMW? Can you hold out until September when the new A4 comes out? I hear it's going tokick the 325 and C-class [non-permissible content removed]. I think you can do a test drive comparison on a track this summer through an audi promotion? I think it's called audi driving experience or something?
  • 53turk53turk Member Posts: 8
    I test drove the A5, and have to admit that it is way better than 335xi coupe.
    The quote I got was outrageous; 50K car, $5K down 15Kmiles/36Mo $1075/mo.

Is this a joke?

I got a quote from BMW for a 63K 535xi for the same terms, only $2K down $850/mo

Please let me know if I can get better deals in NY/NJ area on the A5
    dealers can add multiple back end points on the money rate factors.

1075 mo is insane on a 50k A5 w/ 5k out of pocket. Your paying 40k to drive a 50k car for 3 years.

You might as well buy the car and finance it. A5/S5's should hold their value really well with such a limited amount of cars out there.

You can lease a top of the line 58-60k S5 for 1000/1100.mo w/ 5 grand down. A5 should be 700's.
    The residuals on the S5 are higher than on the A5 and pretty much wipes out the price differential.
    I already own an A4 and want a coupe. The 335xi drives better but I am just drawn to the exterior styling of the A5 and , as always, the beautiful interior of the Audi.
    I'ver run several leases on 48-50k range A5's. There's no way that car is over 1000 month with 5k out of pocket. S5 residuals are better, but that payment is way out of line, even at MSRP.

It can also be the end of the year as well. 09's wil be here in a matter of weeks on some dealers lots, so the residuals are getting bad.

But may guess is the money rate factor has been bumped by the dealer. You can easily manipulate 100/150 month on a 50k car with adding multiple points to the money rate factor.
  • jeffman619jeffman619 Member Posts: 31
    Do you think once the new '09's start showing up there will be some better deals? Any discounting from MSRP? lower money factors or higher residuals? I don't think i can justify paying $200 more a month for the A5 over the IS350 -- even though i'm trying to!
    I don't think 09's will be a better deal. My guess is that Audi will raise prices on both models some.

The lease deals will continue to be average on the A5 / S5. With such a demand and limited production, there's no need for Audi to care about sweet lease deals.

It's usually better to lease a car at the beginning of the model year, rather than the end if it's a popular model.

The A5 will not need year end cash and incentives to get them off the lot as 08's are mostly sold out.
  • 53turk53turk Member Posts: 8
    well, though the A5 is a very nice looking car with a good performance I will go for the 535xi due to the lease rates.
  • esacksesacks Member Posts: 1
    I have an A5 hitting the port on July 7th. I have been told by the dealer GM that the current lease program expires on July 3rd and after the 4th Audi will publish the new lease program.

I completely agree that anything over 700 a month for a 49K car is absurd and even that number is stupid. If it comes in at $700 I will take it otherwise I will look at something else with some value.
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    as attractive as the styling of the A4 might be, I'd rather be in a G37 because the prices are hundreds less per month.
This discussion has been closed.