Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A5 Lease Questions

Comments

• jb007lajb007la Member Posts: 1
    Hey Carman,

Just got a quote from a dealer on a 2011 A5 Premium Plus 2.0T:

MSRP $45,360.00
    Selling Price $43,860
    Residual 58%
    Money Factor 00192
    The following numbers are based on a (36) month lease with a 10,000 annual mileage allotment:
    Drive-Off $2,818.41
    Monthly Payment $585.66 plus tax = $642 including tax

You note above that the money factor on a 2011 A5 should be .00172. Does this dealer have it wrong? Also seems like there might be about $500 more give in the sale price.

Thoughts on this deal?

Thanks.
  • hecarahecara Member Posts: 45
    Just left Audi and this what I was offered:

A5 2.0 Quattro Premium Plus
    MSRP 42,365
    Selling 40,865
    Audi care 790 (should I get this?)
    Dealer services 497 (? not sure what that entails)
    Phantom footprints 259 (should I get this?)
    Inspection 23.75
    Dealer Do 179.00
    Non Tax fees 734.30 (? not sure what this is)
    Final price 45,998.74
    MF .00232, Residual 58%, 36 months, 12K
    Total payment $759

That just seems to high of a payment to me. Is the money factor too high? The guy told me that's what they are offering at this time and acted as though he couldn't budge.

Please advise....at this rate would I be better financing at 4.2%?
  • omichelomichel Member Posts: 3
    Hi jb007la ,

What dealer did you receive that quote from? I am looking for a 2011 A5 P-Plus 2.0 also. The monthly and initial payment are what i'm looking for. I am in Miami, FL. Waiting on 2011 delivery to discuss numbers with my local dealer. The A5 we are looking at is PPlus, Sport pkg, B&O system, wood.

thanks,
    Oscar
  • josh1003josh1003 Member Posts: 4
    greetings
    New to this forum, so thanks for the help.

2011 A5 Black on Black
    Premium Plus Package
    Navigation w/Camera
    Sport Package: 19: rims

Since this car isn't out yet, I believe the price is $45,500 MSRP w/above options.

I've negotiated 3000 down, 550 a month plus tax= 600, 36 months, 12K miles a year.

Any thoughts would be great
  • kayatxkayatx Member Posts: 14
    That sounds like a good deal...is the selling price around or below invoice?
    Thanks for response.
    Not sure selling price, other than 45.5 msrp that was quoted for that car and options. Car doesn't come in until next week, i put down deposit to hold
  • jem57jem57 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
    I got a quote of $530/month for a 2010 A5 Prestige. MSRP 51k, $10k down w/a trade in, 42 months, 12k miles. Sounded kind of high. Can anyone tell me if that's a good deal? Not sure if that included tax, this was all done over the phone. I haven't negotiated the MSRP yet and not sure I'll actually get the 10k on the trade in. I would qualify for their top tier.

Thanks.
  • jfertljfertl Member Posts: 36
    Does anyone have the July lease rates( residual and money factor) for the 2011 Audi S5/A5? I am looking for the 36,39 and 42 month rates. Also, does anyone have the same rates for the 2010 for 39 and 42 months. Thanks.
  • sk2900sk2900 Member Posts: 2
    Got got a quote for the 2011 Audi A5 2.0

Unfortunately, I think it is a very bad quote -

Premium Plus, Navigation w/ camera, Sports Package

MSRP: 46,400
    Selling Price: 46,400 (Dealer says 2011 A5s will fly off the floor - so no MSRP discount -- I'm not buying that argument)
    Invoice: 43,300
    Term: 36 months
    Residual: 57%
    Down Payment: $0
    Money Factor: 0.00292 -- comes up to 7% interest after converting (I have tier 1 credit and I think I would qualify for a 0.00172 MF easily - not sure if the dealer is pulling a fast one on this too)

Finally, monthly payments come close to 760 + tax

I walked out saying both MSRP and MF are too high.
    Can anyone recommend what the MSRP and MF should be realistically? I never put money down for lease vehicles, a general rule of thumb.
  • sk2900sk2900 Member Posts: 2
    I have some of the info you ask...

but, I'm not sure if the dealer is pulling a fast one because the rates I got are quite high.

2011 A5 - 42 mo - 0.00292 & 53%
    36 mo - 0.00292 & 57%

Is there any way we (the consumers) can obtain the actual MF numbers? Will calling audi financial help?
  • pedro45pedro45 Member Posts: 17
    Not sure of selling price? Maybe it is above MSRP. Good deal!
    Here is my latest. Let me know thoughts:

2011 a5, black on black premium plus, and sports package
    2.0, automatic
    MSRP: 46,575
    my price: 45,000

36 month, 12 K miles a year
    558 a month, plus tax, 3000 down

$27,013 Residual buy back

Then the questions come up to add the following:
    Excess Wear and Tear: $895
    Audi Care New VEchile Maintenance Plan: $790

let me know thoughts
    best
    Josh
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello hecara. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 2.0T Coupe Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00099 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey jb007la. The .00172 money factor is definitely right for 36 month leases of this car. The .00192 factor is available for 39 month terms. If the dealer is using the 192 factor for a 36 month lease they may be marking your car's factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • hecarahecara Member Posts: 45
    Thanks for replying Car_man! Please see my message and post on the Mercedes forum. Need info by Friday, July 30 if possible.
  • alex404alex404 Member Posts: 1
    Hey all..
    Curious about the deal I got.. my salesman told me the residuals from the 2010 changed on the 2011 models as well as money factor. Sorry I don’t have specifics..

Model: A5 2.0t Premium Plus W/Manual Ibis White on Black.
    Options: Navigation, B + O System

At the time salesman said he did not have any info on the pricing.. but we agreed to 1k over invoice. He ran the numbers and said the residuals with audi care was 58%.. and that the monthly with 15k miles would be 675/m

Thoughts on this deal? Other dealers in the area were quoting me ~710 or so..
  • claweaveclaweave Member Posts: 25
    Any idea what an A5's residual and money factor for a Premium and Premium + with 36/15K lease will be for August?
  • claweaveclaweave Member Posts: 25
    Also, I noticed there are two amounts for loyalty cash. One for $1500 and one for $750. I noticed that the $750 stated for leasing but I didn't see where the $1500 was specifically to finance or to lease. If I am going to lease, do I qualify for both?
  • bazizbaziz Member Posts: 6
    Hi all,
    I just got a quote from a NJ dealer for a NY lease.
    2011 a5: Prestige Package and Side Assist

3,000 down and 769 a month including tax for 42months/12k a year.

what do you guys think? should i pull the plug?
  • pedro45pedro45 Member Posts: 17
    What is the purchase price and why would you put any money down on a lease?
  • bazizbaziz Member Posts: 6
    He said that it's not really a down payment, it's more of a "what's due at signing". He said the first month, bank fee ($625), DMV fee, and other fees make up the 3k, and that it's really $0 down for the car. He didn't give me a purchase price as this was done over the phone, but he assured me that this was a good deal. obviously, i want to know if this is a good lease before i travel all the way to NJ to meet with him.
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited August 2010
    baziz,

I strongly suggest that you ask the dealer for their LEASE WORKSHEET. This is a computer generated document that will disclose all pertinent information including sell price, money factor, residual factor, residual value, etc. The beauty of this document is that it doesn't lie and will minimize confusion and misunderstanding.

Insist that they give you a COPY. Don't let them read numbers over the telphone because that's a very poor way to do business. If you like, you can email it to me at

diffeq@zoominternet.net

and I'll be happy to analyze it for you.Then, I'll help you create a one-page lease proposal designed to save time, money, and aggravation.

John
  • inna1inna1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi. This is the offer I got. Could you tell me if this is a good offer.
    Audi A5, 2011 premium plus for $585 plus tax for 42 months with $3,500 out of pocket including my first payment, taxes, dmv, etc.
  • garfield_jaygarfield_jay Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    Dear Car Man:

I live in Southern California:

MSRP price for a 2010 A5 Premium Plus with Navigation Package & Sports Package is $45,475.

Invoice Price is $42,352.

Dealer was willing to give me the car for $800 above the invoice price. With $3,000 down my monthly payment will come out to $630 per month (which includes the high CA tax) for 36 month lease with 10,000 miles per year.

Do you think I can get my monthly payment to the $560 -$575 range for this car with its specifications. Or get better mileage deal? What kind of money factor should I expect? Is the 0.00172 for 36 months still reasonable for August 2010?

Thanks Car-Man!
  • ilan1ilan1 Member Posts: 5
    Dear Car Man,

Two questions.

First, it seems that people do not do 4 year leases on A-5. Is there any particular reason why? Should I be worried about this for some reason?

Second, what is the best deal you think I can get on a A-5 with premium plus with msrp of $45,475 - assuming a 4 year lease, with 10K miles/year. This is in CA.

Thanks.

Ilan
  • rootcanal1rootcanal1 Member Posts: 2
    Just got back for Dealership in Hartford Ct .

Looking at A5S Cab MSRP of $67,600 15K lease with Zero Down for 36 months quoted me $1348.00 per month. Looks like it about two to three hundred dollars a month more than the same priced MB or BMW.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,813
    That is a ridiculous payment... The payment on a 60-month loan wouldn't be any more than that... :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• hypnoticshypnotics Member Posts: 69
    My $64K x6 is $700/month, you do the math yourself.
  • jmdstatjmdstat Member Posts: 1
    HI, Car Man and other experts
    I got this lease worksheet for a 2011 Audi A5, premium plus, with Navigation.
    36 months / 10K miles per year.
    I have excellent credit. Can you help me evaluate if this is a good deal?
    thanks!!
    Mike D.

GRS cap cost 43750
    Cap eductin 2815.40
    net cap cost 40934.60

Adj Residual 26935.20
    tot ter dep 1399.40
    monthly dep 388.87
    Mon lease chg 150.67
    Base payment 539.54
    month tax 49.91
    total month pymt $ 589.45

Total init pmt $5000
    this is for 36month lease 10k a year.
  • jonsunjonsun Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    Hi all, was wondering if this was a good deal

2011 A5 Premium Plus
    Upgraded Wood Trim
    everything else standard

15k Miles
    42 Months

$1550 down
    $680/month (inclusive of 8.625% sales Tax)
    Per Audi Website MSRP should be 43,190

I know that i should be looking at what the negotiated sales price is and what they are giving me for a residual and money factor (which i didnt do), but based on what i've been seeing on the forums i thought that this was a good deal, any thoughts??

from what i found out at a dealer in NY there arent a whole lot of these available and with the color combinations that i wanted, it was very difficult to find one.

Thank you
    You're very welcome hecara.

Car_man
    Host
    Claweave, Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 Coupe Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00172 and 59%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 A5 Coupe Premium Plus are .00172 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello claweave. Unfortunately, the loyalty offers cannot be combined. The $1,500 is for loyal consumers who pay cash for or finance their new A5 and the $750 is for loyal consumers who lease one.

Car_man
    Host
  • z4maudiomanz4maudioman Member Posts: 130
    Car_man - Can you please provide me with the lease rates for a 2011 Audi A5 Prestige for a 36 month, 39 month and 42 month lease with 15K miles per year?

Thank you in advance for your help.
  • audi14audi14 Member Posts: 1
    I just got the following deal but i'm not sure if this would be the best I can get.

$42,507 cost. 42 month lease at 12k miles per year with 3750 out of pocket including taxes and fees. That puts me at $601 per month with the following options.

Premium Plus package
    Nav/cam option
    Everything else standard

I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you
    Vic
  • nikminnikmin Member Posts: 9
    Car_man - would like to know August lease rates for 2011 A5 Coupe Prestige pkg - Money factor and residual%
    Thanks!
    Hi garfield. $800 over dealer invoice is a pretty good selling price for a leased A5. There's probably not a whole lot more wiggle room here, unless the dealer is marking up the money factor that they are using to calculate your car's monthly payment. More likely than not, the dealer isn't, but it doesn't hurt to check. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 2.0 Premium Plus Coupe is .00099. Make sure that the dealer uses this factor to calculate your car's payment.

Also, I personally would try to avoid making such a large down payment on a lease. At lease signing, all you should pay is your car's first month's payment, AFS' $625 acquisition fee, and a security deposit (which I believe is being waived). Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, it's safer not to make any capitalized cost reduction because that money is often lost if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.
    Hi Ilan . There's nothing really wrong with doing a 48 month lease on an Audi.

On some vehicles, people don't want to lease for more than three years because their car only comes with a tree year warranty and they don't want to drive the final year of their lease uncovered. That is not an issue on Audis because they come standard with a four year warranty.

Also, AFS' 48 month money factors are slightly worse than its 36 month factors, but not enough to make a big difference.

I suppose that people are just afraid that they'll get sick of their car before their four year lease is up. It is expensive to get out of leases a year early.

Let's work up a sample lease payment on the car that you're interested in and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Audi A5 Premium Plus Convertible that has an MSRP of $46,575 and a selling price of $44,900 (around $1,500 over invoice) through Audi Financial Services right now for 48 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $533.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jmdstat. I' be happy to take a look at this deal for you, but it would help if you provided us with this car's full MSRP. The MSRP is necessary because it will enable us to see how large a dealer discount you are being given on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, z4maudioman.

Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A5 Prestige Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00172 and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00192 and 49%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00192 and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nikmin. I believe that my previous post contains the information that you're looking for. Let me know if you need anything else.

Car_man
    Host
  • nikminnikmin Member Posts: 9
    Car_man - Thanks for the info. On this 36 month 2011 A5 prestige - if I was looking for 10000 miles instead of 15000, does the residual go up higher to 57%? I assume money factor stays at 0.00172?
    Thanks
    No problem, nikmin. Yes, the money factor for a 10,000 mile per year lease remains the same, but the residual value increases by 3%.

Car_man
    Host
  • mukeshbmukeshb Member Posts: 3
    I went to Tysons Audi in DC and had A5 with MSRP $40790. They are offering
    Down payment=$2000
    42mos/lease= 12,000 miles/yr
    Monthly payment= $579
    Includes all maintenance for term of lease

What do u think?
  • ilan1ilan1 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Car Man.

I just got offered the following, and wanted your take (and anyone elses on here) before I pull the trigger:

Audi A5 Premium Plus (NOT convertible as you mentioned above), w/NAV and w/with Audi Care. They told me the msrp was $45,370.

For a 42 month lease, they quoted me $4500 out the door, and $525 plus tax per month. I know its probably more than I should be paying upfront, but I am simply trading in my old car and using that as my downpayment. I called two other dealers, and they couldn't/wouldn't make a better offer. Thoughts? Of course, I would love to do better, but am not sure if its possible.

Thanks again.
    Car man

can you give me the MF and Residual on a 2011 A5 Prem Plus 15k miles 39 and 42 months

thank you!!
    edited August 2010
    Hi Car_Man

can you tell me if this is a good deal

2011 A5 Prem Plus with Milano leather upgrade
    MSRP 44190
    Selling Price 42170
    15k/yr
    42 months

1550 down (bank fee 695 + first pmt + misc)
    619/month + tax(.8625) =672/month

thank you!!
  • vasdvasd Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car man
    Ordered 2011 S5 coupe premium plus with manual trans, nav, b & o stereo, metallic paint
    MSRP $59,150
    Buy for $56,100 and due for delivery end of August early September in NJ

Dealer will use same price for buy or lease
    Can you give me lease numbers ( residual / money factor/ monthly rate etc) for a 36 or
    39 month lease at 15k miles a year with minimal out of pocket expenses.

cant seem to find this info for S5 on the web

Thanks
  • penfeet36penfeet36 Member Posts: 1
    Having observed several helpful posts here, I'll toss out this for consideration: A5 cab, prem plus, comfort, Nav, wood, Msrp 52250. Dallas area.

Would like a 4yr lease. I see a variety of experiences on whether initial price shd be invoice + $800 or a little higher.

Any learned folks willing to weigh in on: competitive lease terms? Price?

Thanks in advance!
  • wilson66wilson66 Member Posts: 1
    Car man-

I was surprised to see some of the recent rates listed on this thread. Many lower that what I've seen locally.

I was quoted a MF of over 5% = .0021875 and a residual of 58% on a 2011 A5 premium plus 10,000 mile 36 month lease. Is this consistent with what you've seen recently?

Many thanks.
This discussion has been closed.