Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A5 Lease Questions

Comments

• swiss79swiss79 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

Is this a good deal. Price includes everything (sales tax of 6%, title, registration, plates, acquisition fee, etc.). Monthly payment of $571.30

Metallic Paint
    Bluetooth
    iPod interface
    Heated Seats
    Exhaust tips
    All weather mats
    MSRP: 40,920
    Selling price: 39,170 ($1000 off sticker plus $750 loyalty)
    Residual: 60%
    Rate: .00172
    36 mos / 15,000 miles = 571.30 including AudiCare scheduled maintenance
    with 1516.14 due at start

THANKS!
  • cky1026cky1026 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Can you let me know what the Audi Financial Services lease rate for October is? I'm going in this weekend to look at the A5 I want, and I want to be ready with that information. Thanks!
  • alin1alin1 Member Posts: 1
    This is what I am getting in Dallas:
    "
    M.S.R.P. $44,805
    36 month, 12k per year lease. $3270 for TT&L + $730 for first months payment. Your payments wiould be 35 payments of $730 a month.
    "

This seems quite a bit higher than most of the other quotes I have seen on this website. Please tell me if you what you think.
  • mindar92mindar92 Member Posts: 2
    Car-Man, I've been shopping 2011 15 cabriloet premium plus with Nav. for 42 month lease with 10k per year and only first month and dmv upfront. I'm in New york. The last quote I received was $784 per month for car with MSRP of $51,425 and apparent selling price of $50,135. There are not many cars to choose from on long island. Is this a decent figure or should I wait until later in the month for a lower number? Thanks so much.
  • seaweed1seaweed1 Member Posts: 7
    hey, mindar92-ask your dealer to check with US Bank instead of Audi Financial. I just got last month a 2011 A5 Cab with an MSRP of $48,885(premium plus but no nav) at 42 months/12k per year and $1,000 total out of pocket for $650/month which was much lower than Audi Financial. Good luck, there are only a few cars out there in the tri state area right now!
  • mindar92mindar92 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks seaweed1. But did your dealer originally quote you with audi financial and then requote with us bank on your recommendation? what was your sale price?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    edited October 2010
    Hi swiss79. Let me begin by saying that I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the A5 right now. The car that you're interested in probably has a spread of around $2,800 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That puts a $1,000 dealer discount at around $1,800 over invoice. Obviously there some profit to play with there, but I don't know how deeply dealers are willing to discount this car right now.

The money factor that you were quoted looks great, it's right in line with Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for this model.

If you have the time and you are so inclined, you might want to do some comparison shopping to see if you can beat this selling price by $500 to $1,000, but again I don't know how deeply dealers are willing to discount the A5 right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey cky1026. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00172 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mindar92. The dealer discount of slightly over $1,000 that you were quotes is basically in line with what I have seen other consumers quoted for the A5 lately. Still, all things being equal it never hurts to wait until late in the month to negotiate. Dealers might be more willing to discount then.

Car_man
    Host
  • seaweed1seaweed1 Member Posts: 7
    yes, they did originally quote with Audi and then came in much lower with US Bank. The sales price was $48,530.53. I am not sure how all this works but on the contract the amount due at lease signing says $3,197.58 but I only gave them $1,000.00.
  • cartman13cartman13 Member Posts: 58
    edited October 2010
    Audi (VW Credit) is the first leasing company to engage in this despicable behavior that i've dealt with.

At lease end, if your residual is attractive and you decide to sell the car to a dealer, don't expect them to sell it at the residual value.

VW Credit will try to sell it to the dealer at something like private party sale which is likely well above your residual. (i.e. residual mght be 23k and they will ask the dealer to pay $28k for the car.) It's the most ridiculous thing.

I should comment that i was dealing with non-audi dealers. i dont' know if they would try to screw their own dealers out of purchasing the car.

They will only honor their residual if the lesee buys the car themselves. They will not honor it if you trade the car in at the end of the lease.

What a Joke. Last time I ever deal with Audi and their finance company. You want to be a Luxury brand, then act like one. Not some cheap dishonest used car dealership.
  • shaggylypeshaggylype Member Posts: 1
    Let me know if this is a good deal in DC metro area
    2011 Audi A5 2dr Cpe Auto Quattro Premium Plus AWD
    Deep sea blue pearl/Cinnamon brown leather
    Navigation Package
    Premium Plus Package
    MSRP: $46,390
    Sale Price: $44,200
    2500 deposit
    12000 miles/yr
    36 months - $650/month , 42 months - $627/month
  • regalsregals Member Posts: 9
    CarMan, can you give me the latest money factor / residual for A5 Cabriolet with 15,000 miles? Looking at Prestige package with comfort seats. Not sure of duration - thinking 36 months. Does audi have substantially different residuals on either side of 36 months? Thanks very much
  • isv1isv1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi.
    I have been negotiating with an audi dealer on a 2011 A5 Coupe with NAV, sport pkg, premium plus, bang an olfsen sound system, MSRP of $47,340.

I have him down to $2000 off MSRP. $750 loyalty and $750 bonus from audi and $1500 out of pocket totaling $3000 down. 0.00192%. With Cali state tax of 8.75%. Monthly payment incl. Tax is $647.30.

How good of a deal is this?

Thanks alot.
  • isv1isv1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car man.

I forgot to add in my post above that this was for a 42 month lease as well.

Does this seem like a good deal to you? For the $647.30 a month incl tax in san Diego?

Thanks.
    I'd be happy to help you out, regals. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A5 Cabriolet Premium FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 48%, respectively.

AFS' 39 month numbers for this car are .00142 and 46%.

Car_man
    Host
    edited November 2010
    Hi isv1. The car that you described probably has a spread of around $3,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That probably puts the $2,000 dealer discount that you were quoted at around $1,000 over invoice. While I am not intimately familiar with that the market is like for the A5 right now, a grand over plus the use of all of the available incentives sounds reasonable to me.

Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Audi Financial Services' 42-month buy rate lease money factor of .00174 to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • stevieb1stevieb1 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

Could you post the November money factor and residual for the A5 coupe for 36 or 39 months. Thanks.
  • stevieb1stevieb1 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

The car above is for the premium plus package with the sport package. Thanks.
  • ja9ja9 Member Posts: 1
    HI Car Man

Can you provide the residual and financing rate for an Audi A5 Coupe - manual. 39 month lease wtih 10,000 miles ?
  • needv8coupeneedv8coupe Member Posts: 5
    Hi
    I need everyone help, I am in dc area and looking to lease A5 for 3 years 15k miles

A5 with led/blutooth options (MSRP 41xxx) What is the best monthly payment I can get

sales tax is 6% as it will be registered in MD and please recomend a good dealer in area if you know one.

thanks
    Aneek
    I'd be happy to help you out, stevieb1.

Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A5 Coupe Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00154 and 58%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00174 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Ah ha, I just noticed that you're interested in the Premium Plus package. The money factors for the Prem. Plus are the same, but its residual values are 4% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ja9. AFS' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Audi A5 Coupe Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00154 and 65%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • fkorofkoro Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Does anyone have the information for 2011 Audi S5 at 15k/yr for 36 and 48 months?

Thank you!
  • yink63yink63 Member Posts: 3
    My bmw 535xi comes off lease end of dec. What kind of monthly payment, residual, money factor am I looking at for a new 2011 s5 auto. How much over invoice will I have to pay? and any other info. you folks have...thx, Yink63
  • bulldog617bulldog617 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

I am trying to negotiate leasing an Audi A5 with Premium Package, Nav and Sports package. The price they are quoting is $46,840 ... $668 plus tax per month with a drive off of $1361 for a 42 month 15K miles per year lease. Based on info in this thread ... the residual on a 39 month lease is 46%. If I do the math that means that I am paying $21,546.40 over 39 months which equates to approxiamtely $552.47 plus tax per month ... so they are trying to soak me. :( Correct? Please let me know.

Bulldog617
  • bizzblarbizzblar Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,

Would love to get your input on the residual value and money factor on a 10,000 mile 36 month lease on a 2011 A5 premium plus (somewhat urgent)

I've been quoted a 57% residual without AudiCare and a 58% residual with audicare and a MF of .00154.

Does this sound right?

Thanks!
  • best_audi_dealbest_audi_deal Member Posts: 2
    Yes that is correct you are now ready to buy......
    Well I'm close.

Is the residual ever negotiatable? Are you sure its only 58%? That seems low for a 10k lease 36mnth

thanks
  • yink63yink63 Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,

What is the money factor and residual for a 2011 s5 coupe w/prestige package?

Thx,
    Hey guys,

Still waiting for an answer to my residual/mf question above. But in the mean time, can anyone who has leased recently tell me what the buy out stipulation are both for an early buy-out and end of lease buy-out? I imagine the latter is pretty simple, and based on residual, but what happens in the early situation?

Thanks!
    Hello fkoro. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S5 Coupe Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00166 and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00186 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bulldog617. What is this car's MSRP? I need both the MSRP and the selling price to work up a payment for you. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, bizzblar. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A5 Premium Plus Cabriolet without quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00154 and 57%, respectively.

As you can see, these numbers are right in line with what you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
    Unfortunately, bizzblar, individual dealers do not have the authority to alter banks' published residual value percentages.

Car_man
    Host
    Yink63, AFS' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A5 Coupe with the Prestige package and 15,000 miles per year are .00166 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    Car_Man,

Could you give me the Money Factor and Residuals for November on a 2011 Audi A5 Coupe Premium and Premium Plus Quattro for 36 and 39 months, 10k miles a year?

This is in the Philadelphia area.

Thanks!
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
    Here you go, 28firefighter. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A5 Coupe Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00154 and 61%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00174 and 59%.

The numbers for the '11 A5 Coupe Premium Plus are .00154 and 57% for 36 months and .00174 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • ivanl3ivanl3 Member Posts: 30
    edited December 2010
    1. When do December Lease numbers come out for the A5?

2. Looking for MF & Residual % for a 48 month, 15K Mile lease on an A5 Coupe Quatrro (automatic transmission)?

3. Do any of the options (e.g. - Prestige package, etc.) effect the MF or Residual %? If so, which ones and by how much? I have not decided on options yet and your answer may affect my decision.

4. How much over invoice ($$ or %) is a good deal these days for this vehicle in the Northeast (Pennsylvania)?

5. If some other time period other that 48 months is clearly a better deal for this vehicle, please let me know. The warranty is 48 months so I usually lease cars to match the warranty unless the MF/Residual % are out of this world for a different time period.

Thanks a ton in advance for your help. YOU ARE THE MAN!!!
    Can you help w/ post #403? I am counting on you CAR_MAN.
    Need the same info for 42 month 15K please. Negotiating now, really hope you respond soon.
  • kittykat504kittykat504 Member Posts: 1
    We went to two dealerships this weekend looking to lease an A5 and we're just not yet happy with the deals we're being offered.

We were told the best deal right now is with a 42 mo lease - Is that accurate? We're very flexible on the length of lease

For a 2011 A5 Coupe Premium Plus we were quoted .00174 and 54%
    MSRP: $46,100
    Sale Price: $43150
    $4k down
    = Payment of $528 per month

Is there any other lever we could pull from what you see to get this lower? I'd be happy with the $528 per month if we were only putting $2k down for tax, title, fees

The key is we can't find the actual combination of features we want in our area - Every model we can find is more expensive than what we actually want... I hate to pay for extras we don't want/need

Thanks so much!!
    There does seem to be a supply problem w/ these cars. I negotiate from Invoice up, not MSRP down so I cannot tell your if your sale price is fair. I just finalized a deal at $700 over invoice (equates to 1.86% over invoice).

Your money factor looks right.,

As for residual %, I learned that they are option dependent (lower for premium plus and prestige vehicles). I was lucky enough to get a vehicle without these options. The lower residual % on cars with those options is acknowledgment by Audi that those options do not hold their value over the life of the lease. Sounds like you are being forced to buy options you don't want and have them effect your residual %. They are getting you coming and going. I would keep shopping (call other dealers) until you find a car closer to the build you really want; then negoitate.
  • bamabillyp1bamabillyp1 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have an update on the Dec lease terms for:

12,000 / year
    36 month
    A5 Premium Plus
    Hi ivanl3. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residua value for a 48 month lease of a 2011 Audi A5 Coupe Premium quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00193 and 51%, respectively.

The money factors for all trim levels are the same, but the residual value for the Premium Plus drops to 47%. The residual for the Prestige drops to 43%.

The money factors and residual values for a 36 month lease are better, but that doesn't mean that this car would be less expensive to lease for that term. The 48 month lease will probably be less expensive.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bamabillyp1. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Audi A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00154 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • audia5fanaudia5fan Member Posts: 1
    Car man,
    A dealer I visited quoted the MF for a 2011 A5 auto prem plus; 12K 36 month lease as 2.49%. I can't bridge how that converts into the 0.00154 that you have mentioned. Can you help me with this?

Thanks
  • iodine4444iodine4444 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all, all these number crunching is making my head spin and never realized leasing was so complicated. Basically I am looking to lease a 2011 A5 Prestige Package and I was quoted $679 for a 42mo lease for 10k miles/yr (I believe) and taxes + inception fees due at signing. Can anyone tell me if this is a fair deal or not? At face value from what I've seen from some sites, this sounds like on the higher end...thanks for all the help in advance
  • iodine4444iodine4444 Member Posts: 3
    ok, I'll take a look there first
This discussion has been closed.