Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A5 Lease Questions

Comments

• mroniomronio Member Posts: 9
    anyone know the expected money factor and residual for a 36 month and and 42 month lease on a A5 Premium Plus Cabriolet?
    should have also included that I am looking at 12k miles per year. Thanks.
  • iodine4444iodine4444 Member Posts: 3
    Hey, so I got more information:
    2011 A5 Prestige
    Selling Price is $44k.
    Money Factor is (standard thru Audi according to leasing company) which is .00171
    42 months
    Monthly payment ~$679
    I'm not positive but I believe he is assuming 10k miles a year

Does this sound like a fair deal?

Thanks everyone!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey audia5fan. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A5 Coupe Premium Plus is .00151. This converts to an interest rate of around 3.624%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi mronio. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A5 Cabriolet Premium Plus FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 50%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00138 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    A ha. Thanks for the additional information, mronio. AFS' 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per resids.

Car_man
    Host
  • gregdole7gregdole7 Member Posts: 14
    hi car_man

Thanks for all you do on these forums.

Do you have the residual and money factor for an A5 coupe premium automatic (not quatro) for 24 or 36 months with 15k miles a year. Thanks.
    Hey iodine4444. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with AFS' buy rate for this model. It's difficult for me to evaluate the selling price though without knowing either this car's MSRP or its dealer invoice price. Let us know what one of those numbers is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome gregdole7.

Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 A5 Coupe Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00151 and 64%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00151 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks car man. Closed the deal using the numbers you provided. The help you provide is invaluable. 2011 A5 cab, premium plus, 12k per year for 730/month no money down. Thanks, again.
  • pete_lee2011pete_lee2011 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know the money factor and residual on a:

2011 A5 Coupe, auto quattro, Premium Plus

for 10, 12 and 15k miles?

(just trying to figure out the lease payments on models with MSRPs of 43,670 and 47,070).

Any help would be appreciated.
  • tysmith00tysmith00 Member Posts: 1
    Got the following lease offer from the dealer:

2011 A5 Premium Plus
    42 month, 15K miles
    Monthly payment: $766
    MSRP: $47,070
    Salesman said he's selling it to me for $44,770

Does this sound like a good deal? Anyone think I can negotiate down a little? I read an earlier post about someone leasing an A5 cab with an MSRP of about $48K over a 42 month lease for $650.

Any input appreciated! First time leasing..
  • chadlchadl Member Posts: 11
    Carman and everyone:

What is the January 2011 money factor and residual for an A5 Coupe Premium lease of 36 months, 15,000 miles per year?

thanks in advance!!
    You're very welcome, mronio. I'm glad that you found my post so helpful. You certainly chose a sweet new ride. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go pete_lee2011. Audi Financial Services' January buy rte lease money factor and residual value for 36 month lease of a 2011 A5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00151 and 53%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher and the residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello chadl. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A5 Coupe Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00151 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • paceypimpspaceypimps Member Posts: 2
    Hi i am Leasing a 2011 and its so complicated i am not sure what is a good deal can can one tell me
    I heard that doc fees , 375 loyalty fee and 500 security deposit can be waived is this true? Also i wanted the deal online that was for a premium for 36months 10,000k
    $489 1st month payment
    $500 deposit
    $695 Acquisition fee
    $1,275 down payment
    $350 deposit loyalty fees
    $24,525 purchase option
    plus tax, title, and DMV fees

But then i wanted to move to a Premium Plus package but it goes way up
    What is the real best deal i can get on a Premium Plus total car cost
    i heard it is $65 a month more for Premium Plus and everything else stays the same except for purchase option. How much a month is it really to more to the plus at 36 and 42 months. How much discount should i get for a one shot lease paying the whole thing? I have a credit score of 675 and that makes me a tier 2 they say i need a 700 to become tier 1 and that that ends up costing me $25 more is this true other dealer said no and to come down but he may be just saying that. What do you think Pls help!
  • dau245dau245 Member Posts: 1
    How retarded of a deal is this!

A5 2.0 quattro automatic
    bluetooth equipped
    premium package
    $39250

36 month lease 10k miles
    $3500 down
    $499/month

What should be a fair market price and lease payment
  • noleandernoleander Member Posts: 1
    Trying to evaluate this offer:

New 2011 AUDI A5 2dr Cpe 2.0T Prestige AT w/S-line, shades
    >
    > Payment Details
    > Term 42
    > Base Payment 745.58
    > Total Payment 797.77
    >Down : $0
    Purchase Option 25,376.75
    > MSRP 51,075.00
    > Est. Miles Per Year 10,000
    > Disposition Fee 350.00
    > Excess Mileage Charge 0.25

Thanks in advance.
  • ganandganand Member Posts: 2
    Hey Guys,
    I am new to this forum. Sorry, if these question has previously been answered.

1. I am interested in leasing an Audi A5 for 36 months. I MAY be moving overseas in a year or two and am worried about breaking the lease or transfering it. How difficult is it to do so? In this scenario, should I look at purchasing a new car instead. Alternatively, should I look at used A5s (there aint very many)?

2. Reading through some earlier posts, I noticed the mention of the AFS Money Factor and Residual Value. Is this what the dealer would quote me or is this the absolute lowest that the dealer would be willing to go to?

Thanks!
    Welcome paceypimps. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Doc fees are between you and the dealer. You might not be able to get the dealer to waive its doc fee per se, but if you feel as though the doc fee is too high you might be able to get them to lower your vehicle's selling price slightly instead.

If I recall correctly, AFS will not automatically waive its security deposit requirement (except perhaps for loyal customers), but it will waive this fee for anyone in exchange for an increase of .00015 in the money factor that was used to calculate your vehicle's payment.

I have no idea what the $375"loyalty fee" that you mentioned is. If anything, Audi and the dealer should be rewarding loyal customers, not charging them an extra fee.

Car_man
    Host
  • ss323ss323 Member Posts: 3
    Car man:
    Can you tell me the residual and money factor for an A5 Quattro Cabrio Prestige model, 36 month lease, 12k miles per year?
    Also, does Audi allow a lessee to reduce his money factor by putting down multiple security deposits? What is the reduction for each month of security put down?
    Thanks in advance for the info.
    ss323 :)
  • mumuxumumuxu Member Posts: 34
    1. U can transfer lease within ur lease term via either swapalease or leasetrader. These sites essentially deal with lease transfer classifieds.However, u r still responsible for payment & car in case this new lessee has/creates problems.

In case, ur in tri state area then u can try some private cos who broker leases. They appear to have better rates. However I have no experience nor I know anyone who has dealt with them

2. IMO,that wud be the lowest that dealer wud go.
    Here you go ss323.

Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A5 Cabrio Prestige with quattro and 12000 miles per year are .00136 and 50%, respectively.

I believe that AFS does indeed have a MSD program, but I'm not sure of the exact money factor reduction that it provides for each additional deposit.

Car_man
    Host
  • sebastian504sebastian504 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking for the above with navigation and 19' sports package. What are the numbers regarding leasing, and I live in the NYC area, what about vip auto group on staten island? Are people genearlly getting closer to paying invoice pricing, or msrp?
  • markjramarkjra Member Posts: 3
    What's a reasonable discount to MSRP on an Audi A5 Premium Plus? I'm thinking $2,500 off MSRP would be a good deal. Any thoughts?
  • jgreenbergjgreenberg Member Posts: 35
    Car Man:

Can you supply the current AFS money factor and residual for a 42 month lease/10K miles for the 2011 A5 Cabriolet Auto Quattro with the NAV and Premium Plus packages.

I just started negotiations and I have the following first offer from the dealer:

42 month lease with 10K per year (total 35K miles)
    MSRP: 51,885
    Destination: 875
    Out of Pocket : First month payment $845 (all other fees, etc, in the cap cost incl tax, MV, DOC, bank Fee)
    Agreed upon selling price $800 over invoice
    Residual: 50%
    MF: .00196
    Sales Tax: 1,750
    Bank Fee: 695
    Motor Vehile: 420
    Doc: 398

Thanks
  • regalsregals Member Posts: 9
    Car Man,
    Can you give me money factor and residual value for 36 month lease on 2011 A5 quattro prestige with 12,000 miles? What about 15,000 miles?

thanks a bunch!
    Hi jgreenberg. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 42 month lease of a 2011 A5 Cabriolet Premium quattro is .00156 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. It looks to me as though the dealer that you are working with may be attempting to mark your car's money factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. See if you can get hem to use the buy rate to calculate your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go regals. Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A5 Coupe Prestige quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00151 and 49%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • sebastian504sebastian504 Member Posts: 5
    Car_man,
    Premium Plus, auto, Nav, Bang and Olufson, Walnut interior, port options.
    What is Audi buy rate lease money factor and residual value of a 36 month lease with 10,000/year?
  • tosvustosvus Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    Car_man, you are a great help on this forum!

I am planning to lease a Premium Plus A5 w/nav, 48 months/12k year. What would be the money factor/residual value of something like this?

How about the S5? I read in an older post that the better residuals make these close to A5's in cost?

Thanks!
  • carrerahcarrerah Member Posts: 23
    Hi there -

Thinking about an A5 lease - looking for the buy rate and res % on a 36/42 month term. I'm being quoted .166 and .186 respectively. Sales price is invoice. Car Man or anyone else know the rates for Feb or rates incentives for Mar.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, sebastian504. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00133 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks tosvus. Here you go.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00153 and 53%, respectively.

I don't believe that Audi is currently providing support on 48 month leases of this car.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 S5 Coupe Premium Plus are .00187 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings carrerah. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00133 and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00153 and I believe 50%.

Dealer invoice is an excellent selling price for this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • yugo26yugo26 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking around for a car too. I like the the CarMax site ( I am solely a consumer and have no business interest in this or any site or dealership)

Here is an example of an 06 A3:

http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/default.html?AVi=1&id=7078009&AS=*36*.*10*C*- 20*C*122*&D=90&zip=98328&sD=10571-NA&sM=NA-40000&pD=0&pI=0&pT=400&pC=200&pB=0&No- =0&Rp=R&Vp=P&PP=20&sV=List&Q=011a308e-74df-4f5a-aece-69430bef1543&ssid=484514

Good luck,
  • beaniemellonbeaniemellon Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    Hi Car Man/all,

I'm thinking about leasing a 2011 A5 Premium Plus Coupe with a manual transmission + navigation. MSRP is $44,280, invoice price is $41,244 according to KBB. Driving 15k miles a year and most likely gonna lease for 39 months since I don't want to run out of warranty with the 42 month lease. I saw the numbers for 36 months and 42 months above, but I was wondering if someone could tell me the money factor and residual value for the 39 month lease?

Also, the dealer quoted me $626/month for 39 months, $0 down, with tax up front. Is this a reasonable price? How much lower can I negotiate it down?

Much appreciated!
    Hi beaniemellon. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year .00133 and 52%, respectively.

What selling price is the payment that you were quoted based upon? The closer to dealer invoice it is, the better.

Car_man
    Host
  • mashka39mashka39 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    Hi Everyone,

I've been following the posts and now need your advice. From some posts I noticed that A5's are more expensive in Northern Cali (where I'm from). Here's what I'm being offered. Please let me know your thoughts.

A5 Premium Plus (White/beige). No Navi
    39 Months Lease
    $3500 down
    "selling" price $41,375
    One of the sales people gave me a weird answer for the invoice. He said it's $40,456 and right after that it can also be $40,456. I'm assuming he's trying to bump it up to show me how close I am to invoice
    MF: .0022
    Residual:$22,882

Monthly payment with tax (9.25%) is $643/month

Thoughts? Other dealers in the area are giving me over $700/month!
  • rootcanal1rootcanal1 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Hope someone can give me some guidance.

A5 Cab Prestige MSRP $57,100 Comfort package and Side Assist 36 months 12k Quoted in Connecticut

Money factor 0.00138
    Residual Value of 48

What kind of deal can I negotiate?

Thanks
  • bski2bski2 Member Posts: 2
    A dealer quoted the following for 2011 audi Prem. Plus
    ..is. 00185 money factor,54% residual for 39 mos. I have top tier credit. Does the.money factor seem high.i have read in this forum money factors of .00136 & .00156 for similar cars. Have rates at vw finance changed. Any assistance is much appreciated.
  • koz2koz2 Member Posts: 3
    This may be redundant to you, but I could use the help. Thinking about leasing an A5 coupe from SoCal dealership; Premium Plus, w/19" wheels, BO sound. I was quoted $43,975, less $1,000 discount and $1,500 Audi loyalty credit. I would consider anywhere from 36 to 48 mos. on a lease, 10k miles per year and an upfront payment of $3-6,000. What should I expect to pay monthly with all additional costs and taxes folded into the lease. Any analysis at how you arrive at the number(s) would be appreciated.

Koz2
  • bski2bski2 Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like a decent deal from a price perspective. I would go to leaseguide.com and use their lease calculator. Were you a previous audi owner and is that why you were offered a loyalty program discount?
  • koz2koz2 Member Posts: 3
    Yes, I am a current Audi owner, although I am not yet certain whether the loyalty credit applies to leases as it does to a new purchase. I would still like some sense of what a fair lease amount should be. Thanks for your anticipated response.
  • philipbradleyphilipbradley Member Posts: 1
    I need some help with current Audi Financial Services buy rate lease money factor for an A5
    Here's the information that you're looking for philipbradley. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A5 Coupe Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jabberjabber Member Posts: 64
    Carman,

Can you also provide the residual, MF, acq and disposition fees for 2011 S5 for 36M & 15K miles?

Thanks,
    Jabber
    Here you go Jabber. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of 2011 S5 Coupe Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00158 and 53%, respectively.

AFS charges a $695 acquisition fee and a $350 termination fee on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • speedgod1speedgod1 Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking to lease a 2011 A5 Premium Plus with leather and BO system for 36 months. Can someone provide me with an approximation of what to expect with 3500 down in NYC. Dealer indicated my payments would be around $750 per month but this was without any negoiations. Any help would be appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.