Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A5 Lease Questions

Comments

• bj32904bj32904 Member Posts: 3
    Value is 25K, Payoff is 23k
  • bj32904bj32904 Member Posts: 3
    More discussion with the dealer today. They quoted a MF of .00193 and a residual of 56 %. The MF seems high based on what I have read on this forum. The MF on my 2009 Q5 was much lower (.00045) as well. They also lowered the price another $500 to $43497. I have asked them to verify the MF against my specific car and credit history. Looking forward to your reply.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello pennyair1. Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A5 Cabriolet Premium FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00093 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00198 and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • coconcocon Member Posts: 154
    I am interested in leasing an 2013 Audi RS5 for 36 months at 12K miles per year. Could you provide me with the current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for each?Thanks
  • k2mdxk2mdx Member Posts: 4
    Hi car_man, kyfdx,

Could you please post money factor and residual value for 2012 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with navigation,etc (msrp: $47,350). 36 or 42 month lease duration with 20k miles per year
    thanks in advance
    Kris
    Hi cocon. I actually haven't seen anything on 2013 model leases for Audi yet. I suspect that we may see something when Audi publishes its new March lease program later this week. Please feel free to check back with me then and I'll let you know what I have been able to find out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Kris. Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00160 and 50%.

I believe that 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that AFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that you may have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis.

Car_man
    Host
  • coconcocon Member Posts: 154
    Thank you Car_man, I will check back with you in couple weeks then.Of you hear anything let me know
    You're very welcome cocon. Talk to you then.

Car_man
    Host
  • mh823mh823 Member Posts: 1
    Has CarMan responded to this already?

I am looking for information similarly. Looking for 2012 A5 Premium Plus (10k per year) 36 month lease. Any and all information welcome!!
  • esqu21esqu21 Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone know what the April AFS money factor and residual's are? Thanks!
    Hi esqu21. The A5's lease program varies by trim level, term and mileage allowance. AFS' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 15,000 moles per year are .00122 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Greetings Car_Man:

Could you kindly post the April buy rate and residual for 2012 & 2013 A5 Cabs in the Premium Plus and Prestige trim levels for the following terms and mileage:

36/10
    36/12
    39/10
    39/12
    42/10; and
    42/12

Many Thanks!
    Sure kerb. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A5 Cabriolet Premium Plus FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00065 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00085 and 51%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00085 and 49%.

The numbers for the A5 Cabriolet Prestige FWD are .00065 / 49% for 36-months, .00085 / 47% for 39-months and .00085 45% for 42-months.

The residual values for leases with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    BTW there isn't any lease info out there yet for the 2013 versions of these cars.

Car_man
    Host
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Excellent, thx. once again!
  • pcullen1pcullen1 Member Posts: 41
    Hi Car Man

Could you please provide the May residual and buy rate money factor for the premium plus and prestige coupe, 10k and 12k/year when they are available.

Thank you.
    No problem kerb.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out pcullen1. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00085 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Prestige model are .00085 and 50%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, these cars' residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • jpinhasjpinhas Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me the money factor and residual percentage for a 2012 Audi A5 quattro cabriolet with the premium plus package for the following terms:
    42 months /10,000 miles per year
    36 months /10,000 miles per year
    Thank you.
    Certainly jpinhas. Audi Financial Services' lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A5 Cabriolet Premium Plus quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00038 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00058 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
  • a5caba5cab Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

Can you please tell me what you think of the following deal?

2013 A5 cab MSRP $53,785 Negotiated price $49,043

36 months 15k year $2,098.49 due at start $715.84 a month

Premium plus model

Wheel locks kit

Navigation

Exhaust tips

Audi rubber mats

Audi Advanced key

Thanks for any insight.
  • pcullen1pcullen1 Member Posts: 41
    Hey carman,

Do you have the June rates for the 2013 a5 premium plus with 12k miles?

Thank you.
    Hi pcullen1. I believe that Audi's June lease program for this car is the same that it was in May. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Premium Plus Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are .00174 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • a5caba5cab Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,

Do you have the current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Premium Plus Cab Quattro with 15000 miles?

Thanks.
    Here's the info that you're looking for a5cab. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A5 Premium Plus Cabriolet quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • davinciaudidavinciaudi Member Posts: 14
    Just given the following on a 2013 A5 lease, any thoughts?
    Prestige package
    S line
    Silver
    MSRP 53000, gave $1000 off Audi loyalty
    12 K/yr, 39 months
    $3700 COD (including tax, inspection, 1st pay,...)
    $814 per month!
  • gmoxiegmoxie Member Posts: 3
    Car Man:

Looking for the July money factor and residual for the 2013 A5 Cabriolet Prestige Quattro (loaded). 36-month lease w/ 10k miles. I was quoted .00122 and 56.5%

Thanks...
  • caldavocaldavo Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man:

Also looking for the July money factor and residual for the 2013 A5 Cabriolet Quattro but Premium Plus. 36-month with 12K and 15K. Thanks.
    Here you go gmoxie. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Cabriolet Prestige quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00122 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey caldavo. AFS' 36-month, 15,000 mile per year numbers for the '13 A5 Cabriolet Premium Plus quattro are .00122 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • aakkaakk Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2012
    Hi Car Man:

I am looking for the July money factor and residual value for a 2013 A5 Premium Plus Auto. with 36-month, 10K miles per year

The dealer quoted me that the money factor is 0.00189 and residual value is 59%. The money factor is much higher than 0.00122. Is it negotiable? Seems the dealer is very firm on it. Is there any lease term with less than 10K miles per year? like 7.5K?

Thanks.
  • harcwharcw Member Posts: 3
    2013 A5 Coupe
    Premium Package
    Navigation
    $47,100 MSRP
    Zero money down (no inceptions)
    42 months
    10K miles
    $672 including tax
    Hello aakk. Sorry for the delay in my response, I was away for a little while.

Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00159 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If your credit is in good shape, most likely the dealer that you are working with is attempting to mark your car's money factor up to add additional back-end profit to your deal. You should try to get the dealer to use the buy rate money factor to calculate your payment if possible.

I don't think that AFS offers leases with less than 10,000 miles per year, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Car_man
    Host
  • aakkaakk Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2010
    Thanks car_man!

I almost made the deal with that dealer offering me MF 0.00189. Although I have good 780 credit score, they refused to go down the MF and said it was fixed by the bank. Thanks for this web site, I felt the dealer mark up the MF to make more profile. Finally two other audi dealers gave me response that MF is 0.00159 and residual value is 60% with audi care. I quickly dumped the previous dealer and am going to make the order with one of the later two tomorrow! I have to wait for 3 months for my car though. But it is OK because I like to be treated honestly.
  • infoseeker8infoseeker8 Member Posts: 67
    Hi, Car_Man. I'm interested in leasing either a new 2012 or 2013 A5 Cabriolet Premium Plus (not Quattro) for 36 months/10K miles per year. What are the current money factor and residual value %? Also, as a current Audi owner, what loyalty incentives and/or other incentives or dealer cash are currently available?

Thanks!
  • latin0devildoglatin0devildog Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    hey Car_man,

I am looking to lease a 2013 Audi A5 Premium Plus with Nav, 10k miles a year. I am willy to pay up to 5k for down payment, taxes and dealer expenses, but I do not want to go over $500 to $550 a month. is my target monthly price possible? also I am a New York city resident and my credit score is 770. I dealer told me I had to put down $10,000 if I wanted to see $500 a month payments. might as well buy the car with that down payment

Thanks!
    You're very welcome, aakk. Good for you that you decided to go with a dealer that was honest with you. Thanks for giving us an update.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for infoseeker8. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A5 Cabriolet Premium Plus FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00055 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model are .00113 and 56%.

There is a $750 owner loyalty cash incentive on leases of the 2012 model and $1,000 on the 2013 model.

There's not any dealer cash on either of these cars that I am aware of.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello latin0devildog. I would be happy to use Audi's current lease program to calculate a sample payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you. I just need you to let me know its MSRP and dealer invoice price. You can find that data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

You definitely should not put $10,000, or even $5,000 down on any lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • snufflezsnufflez Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease and was wondering what the money factor and residual for August are for the Prestige vs. Premium Plus. I was quoted 0.00174 and 55 vs. 59% residual.

Secondly, on the New vehicle pricing on Edmunds the market value in my area is at least $3000 less. Can I expect to negotiate this price even on a lease?

Thank you for your help.
  • kevin153kevin153 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

I hope you can help. What would the money factor and residual be on a Audi A5 premium plus, 36 months/12K. The MSRP woud be $48,870. My credit score is 755. Also what be an acceptable/good negotiated lease price, $44,470?? Does Audi offer any assistance to get you out of a Lexus, or if I own another competitotr car? Does Audi participate with multiple security deposits as cap cost reduction? Thanks so much for your assistance. Kevin
    Hi snufflez. The numbers for a 36-month, 10k lease of a 2013 A5 Prestige Coupe are .00159 and 55%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Premium Plus are .00159 and 59%.

Yes, the selling price of leased vehicles are negotiable just as if you were paying cash for or financing them.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Kevin. The 2013 A5 Coupe that you described probably has a spread of around $3,000 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. I highly doubt that you will be able to negotiate a $4,400 discount on a car that only has a $3,000 spread between invoice and MSRP. If I was in the market for this car, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice and see what happens. You can look up this car's exact invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Audi is providing owner loyalty cash on the A5, but I don't believe that it has any cash on this car for current owners of competitive models.

Car_man
    Host
  • md9599md9599 Member Posts: 2
    I'm new to leasing and wanted to get your opinion if the following is a fair deal.

MSRP: $48,970
    Selling Price: $46,541.48 (500 over invoice)
    36 month lease
    12K per year
    Cash at signing: $4,650
    Monthly $649.96 including 8.25% sales tax
  • byrdgirlclonebyrdgirlclone Member Posts: 9
    I think you can do better - the cash at signing seems high. I leased my A5 (premium plus with sport package) last November and it's quite similar to yours (although I have audi care included in mine). Your MSRP is a bit higher (about $800) than mine - maybe you have some other options. I'm also in CA. I paid less up front and also have a lower monthly payment and audi care. Check out the details of my lease - it's post #544.
  • latin0devildoglatin0devildog Member Posts: 4
    The online price from audiusa.com is $46,545, using the New Vehicle pricing section of Edmunds.com it came out to be

Total Price
    Invoice $42,189
    MSRP $45,295
  • md9599md9599 Member Posts: 2
    byrdgirlclone,

Thanks for your post. I was able to do better thanks to you.

Here's what I ended up with:

2012 A5 2.0T Premium Plus Quattro Coupe in Brilliant Black (automatic transmission), black leather interior
    +Nav
    +Rear parking sensors
    +Sports package
    +19inch 5-Arm Y-spoke alloy wheels
    +Wheel locks
    +Exhaust tips (chrome) - thrown in for free
    MSRP: $47,675
    Invoice: $44,401
    Selling price: $43,975
    +Audi care ($820)

Drive off: $2,500

36 month lease at 12,000 miles per year
    Base payment: $581.00 ($628.93 including 8.25% tax in CA)
  • nwsportsreportnwsportsreport Member Posts: 7
    Hello,
    I am contemplating whether I should get AudiCare for the 2013 A5 Premium Plus Quattro I am about to lease. Could someone help me with a couple of questions I have regarding AudiCare:

1) Does AudiCare increase the residual value of your car by 1%? I've been seeing this in some older posts and want to see if this is still the case.

2) If I pay for AudiCare and pay for the cost ($800) instead of rolling it into the monthly payment, will I still get a 1% increase in residual value thus lowering my monthly payment?

Clearly if I am able to pay for the AudiCare as part of my upfront cost and still get the 1% increase residual, it comes out to the best deal because I won't have to pay interest on the AudiCare and get the decrease in monthly payments due to lower depreciation costs.

Thanks
  • ajp334ajp334 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Hey folks- I am. Looking into an a5 cabriolet for my wife. We like to do 24 month 1 pay leases w/ 12k miles. We are looking into a premium plus, quattro model with navi.

Anyone have any ideas on a 1 pay in the ny, tri state area. I know the one pay should be less, but, generally what's he money factor and residual on this ride?

Thx, all.
This discussion has been closed.