Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A5 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks for the additional information latin0devildog. OK, according to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Audi A5 Coupe Premium Plus with Nav that has an MSRP of $45,295 and a selling price of 42,939 ($750 over invoice) through Audi Financial Services right now for 36-months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $562, assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ingolstadtingolstadt Member Posts: 1
    Bought 2013 A5 2.0TFSI premium, convenience pkg, heated seats, lighting package, metallic paint (monsoon). Down payment $4000, monthly $490 with tax included. 12K/mo. Just wish it had more power so I chipped it. If you think you'll ever want more power, save a year and get an S5, if you need a car until then just buy a used accord for 10K and sell it when u buy the S5.
  • nwsportsreportnwsportsreport Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2012
    Hello,

After seeing some of the posts, I'm worried about the deal I recently received. Although nothing is set in stone, I reserved an A5 that is scheduled to ship in a few weeks. Here's the deal:

2013 Coupe Premium Plus Brill. Black w/ Nav Pkg, Sport Pkg, Advanced Key, Bang & Olufsen,19" Summer Tires, Textile Mats, Exhaust Tips, First Aid Kit

MSRP: $49,830
    Sell Price: $47,840
    Mileage: 15K/month
    Term: 36 months
    Residual: 56%
    Money Factor: 0.00172

Total Monthly Payment (incl. 8.375% sales tax): $575
    Cap Cost Reduction: $5,200
    Gov't Fees: $450
    Tax on Cap Costs: $435
    Bank Fee: $695
    Doc Fee: $80
    Other Fees: $65
    Security Deposit: $0

Total at Signing: $7,500

I reserved the car with $1,500 down, so I will be bringing in $6,000 at signing. This still doesn't include AudiCare.

Question: Is the money factor way too high? I was also told that the money factor is set by the bank and can't be negotiated. My credit is in the low 700's. I know the '13 A5's are hard to come by, especially in Cali, but I just wanted to see if I got a fair deal? Also, if I haven't signed a lease agreement, does this mean I can recoup the deposit if I can somehow find a better deal? I went to the dealership in late August, so this is probably based on August rates. I know it's only September 5th, but I can use the August rates as a proxy.
    Thank you.
  • byrdgirlclonebyrdgirlclone Member Posts: 9
    I'll let car man respond about the money factor and all that but at first glance, your drive off is extremely high...i would question that right off the bat.

take a look at my post #544...and also 616, 617, and 619 for what ended up being a good deal for someone who posted on this forum recently...and then go back to your dealer and negotiate. although the MSRP is a little different from my deal and the person in post 616, i think you can do better and i would try if i were you - it never hurts...

good luck!
    Thanks byrdgirlclone. I noticed that you and md9599 both posted deals you received for a 2012 model. Although it seems like you got a great deal for a 2012 model given that you got your deal in November 2011. md9599 also leased a 2012 model but got it towards the tail end of the model year, which I think is the only reason why he/she was able to get an A5 below invoice, correct?

Also, based on my calculations, it appears that you both didn't have to put a security deposit or first month's payment upon signing? Otherwise, I'm just not understanding how you were able to get away with paying such a low amount at signing while getting your monthly payments down to around $600/month inclusive of Cali taxes. The Acquisition Fee is $695 and License/Registration/Gov't Fees are roughly around $400+, which I believe are non-negotiable?

I calculated that I am paying $13.49 for every $100 financed through Audi Financial Services. Thus a $5,000 cap cost reduction equates to roughly -$67/month.

Unfortunately, when I went in during the Summer of Audi event, they were not waving the first month's payment for an A5, just for the A4's. Therefore, I have to include my first month's payment at signing.

Not trying to discredit you in any way. In fact, I think you got a great deal. I just want to make sure I'm using the correct figures when doing my calculations.

My main concern is the money factor. The 2013's just came out, but a 0.00172 money factor seems awfully high compared the other people who have posted. And if anyone has been able to get a 2013 at <=$1,000 above invoice, please let me know.

Thank you
  • aakkaakk Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2012
    nwsportsreport, are you in the bay area? If so, which dealer is it?

If you have good credit score, your money factor is too high and residual value is too low. You should try another dealer.
  • socalaudiguysocalaudiguy Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car man,

This forum is great, thanks for hosting. Wanted to get your thoughts, i leased a 2013 A5 coupe, premium plus, automatic, exhaust tips in moonlight blue metallic, zero down, 48 months, 10k miles, payment is $601 per month including tax and including Audi Care. How did I do?

Thanks for the insight
  • audia5_loveraudia5_lover Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

I love the 2013 A5, and planning to lease one. The model I am gonna lease is Audi A5 Premium White, plus the convenient package and LED Headlight. I went to the dealer and they gave me this offer:

Vehicle Price: $42,485.00
    Sell Price:$39,422.96
    Sale Tax: 8.75%
    Out the Door Price: $43,341.82(including tax and DMV fees)

Money Factor:0.00176
    Residual Value:$23,416.00

For 42 months leasing(10K each year), they offer me $4000 drive off and $500(tax included) monthly payment.
    Do I get a good deal? Or is this deal fair enough?
    Please help asap, cuz Im gonna get the car this week!!
    Thanks everyone!!!
  • audia5_loveraudia5_lover Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

I saw your email on the website leasing A5 and got a question for you, hope that you can help.

I love the 2013 A5, and planning to lease one. The model I am gonna lease is Audi A5 Premium White, plus the convenient package and LED Headlight. I went to the dealer and they gave me this offer:

Vehicle Price: $42,485.00
    Sell Price:$39,422.96
    Sale Tax: 8.75%
    Out the Door Price: $43,341.82(including tax and DMV fees)

Money Factor:0.00176
    Residual Value:$23,416.00

For 42 months leasing(10K each year), they offer me $4000 drive off and $500(tax included) monthly payment.
    Do I get a good deal? Or is this deal fair enough?
    Please help asap, cuz Im gonna get the car this week!!
    Thanks!!!

Best Regards,
    Henry C.
    Thanks socalaudiguy. It would be easier for me to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide us with this car's MSRP and dealer invoice price. Do you have those figures?

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Henry. You certainly have an appropriate username...audia5_lover.

The money factor that you were quoted for this car looks a little high. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate for a 2013 A5 Coupe is only .00141. Make sure that the dealer uses this car's buy rate to calculate your payment.

Let's take a look at the selling price that you were offered. This car probably has a spread of around $2,700 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price, so the discount of $3,000 that you were quoted looks excellent to me...even when one takes the money factor mark-up into account.

One other aspect of this deal that I would change is the amount due at lease signing. $4,000 is a lot of money to plunk down on a lease. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered you could possibly lose part or all of that money. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, it is much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks car man, the MSRP was $44,110, I dont have the dealer invoice price exactly from the dealership, but edmunds lists the invoice price as $41,086.
    Thanks aakk, really appreciate your feedback. I actually am in the Bay Area. I looked at some of your previous posts and found that dealers are offering different MF at other dealerships. All the research I've done says that Money Factor and Lease Residual are basically non-negotiable. But based on your experience, I can see that this isn't true at all. Does anyone know what the September Money Factor rates are?

Thanks again.
    You're very welcome socalaudiguy. OK, so this car has a spread of around $3,000 between its MSRP and its dealer invoice price. If I assume a dealer discount of $1,500, I come up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $541...probably closer to $550-something once Audi Care is added in. The payment that you were quoted, $600 per month, likely includes sales tax, so it's not outrageous.

How much of a dealer discount are you being given on the selling price?

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car man, yes the final price of $600 per month includes audi care and CA sales tax. The dealer discount was right around the 1200-1500 range, given that I leased the car in early July when it literally just hit the lot. Sounds like I got a decent deal?

Was hoping for a GREAT deal, but given that its a new design from previous years and had just hit the market, that was probably unrealistic...
    Got another quote from a dealer with a much lower money factor (0.00141). Unfortunately, I made a stupid mistake by leaving a $1K deposit at another dealership while the car is in transit. I have been researching whether my deposit is refundable and found that in the state of California, dealerships are not allowed to take a non-refundable deposit until the car is driven off the lot and even then, the buyer has 3 days to return it. I want to verify if this is true or not? Any thoughts? Thank you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    Not sure about the refundable deposit.. Is this a car from their allocation, coming from the manufacturer, or is it a car they are trading for, on your request?

There is no 3-day right of recission on car purchases... once you sign the papers and drive it off the lot, it is yours.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

You're welcome socalaudiguy. Yes, I would say that this is a reasonable deal on an awesome car. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
  • sublimegolfsublimegolf Member Posts: 5
    Trying to lease a 2013 A5 Premium Plus. I was told by the dealer that the September money factor of 0.00141 was only good for current Audi owners...it was a loyalty program thing. The best he could do was .00156. (btw...my credit score is 700+)

Anyone know if this is true or not?
    Hi sublimegolf. What you were told is not entirely correct. The .00141 factor is available to all consumers, loyal or not. Having said that, as a non-returning customer you may have to pay a security deposit to get that factor that a loyal customer would have waived. AFS will waive its security deposit requirement in exchange for a .00015 money factor increase.

Car_man
    Host
  • sublimegolfsublimegolf Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the quick response and clarifying....much appreciated
  • starmandellstarmandell Member Posts: 1
    Hello, is leasing a 2013 Audi A5, premium plus with nav, zero down, 36 months for $550 good in California? the MSRP is 46,500. What about $600 a month?

I calculated the average leasing price using the Edmunds equation, and I got ~$744 a month. However reading through forums and other places, I've seen it in the $500 range.
    You're very welcome sublimegolf.

Car_man
    Host
  • njandynjandy Member Posts: 26
    Car_man

What is the lease rate and residual for a 2013 A5 convertable 3 year 15k miles?

Thanks

Andy
    Here's the information that you're looking for Andy. Audi financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Convertible Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man
    Car_man,

Thanks for the 3 year 15k lease info. Can you also provide 20K miles for 2 and 3 year leases?

Thanks

Andy
    You're very welcome njandy.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Andy. I believe that 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Audi Financial Services' publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. The last time I checked the cost of doing so was $0.15 per mile at signing and $0.25 per mile at lease-end.

Car_man
    Host
  • jess85jess85 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    I'm trying to nail down a great deal on a lease takeover asap...2011 or 2012 Audi A5 coupe, automatic, all the bells and whistles (navigation, keyless entry). Any suggestions on where to look? Minimal down, between $500-600/month? Or am I dreaming?
  • kenjinkenjin Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2012
    Hi Car_man,

I got a quote from audi dealer for 2013 A5 premium plus Gray color with wheel lock and Audi Rubber mat. for following price.

Audi supplier program 6% discount + dealer offer additional 1% after the discount.
    MSRP44720
    sale price 41577
    MF 00141
    res 58%
    out of pocket 2385 ( acquisition fee, bank fee, doc fee, security deposit, registration, title, state smog fee, state dmv fee)
    NY tax 8.875
    cap cost 43443.98 (with NY TAX)
    monthly $583.82 ( include NY TAX 1856.88)
    term is for 36month 10k mile

can you advise if this is a good deal or perhaps i can squeeze in some more
    Hi kenjin. The money factor and selling price that you were quoted look great. If you like the car, and how could you not ;), go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • missis2kmissis2k Member Posts: 1
    Hello carman! I was wondering what bureau Audi uses or will they pick the highest score or what is the program?? I know Toyota uses Experian but if experian is a 610 or higher then you can use equifax or TU for the best rate... And what are the money factors for the tiers on A5 premium plus & the residual is higher on premium plus? I am looking for a manual transmission as well.. Thanks for you help!!
  • haboobhaboob Member Posts: 6
    Car_man

Was quoted a buy price of 47,833 (MSRP 48,810) for a Premium Plus 2013 A5 with Nav, Upgraded Sound, Smart Key, Exhaust Tips, Wheel Locks, and Logo Mats.

The money factor was .00176 and residual was 55.7% for a 10,000 mile a year for a 42 month lease. Lease payment is 766.15 with zero down after taking into account a 1,000 Audi loyalty rebate. I think this is high. What do you think?

Thanks. This forum is a big help!
  • kenjinkenjin Member Posts: 10
    thats really high Money factor, and your sell price is only 1k off. average dealer gives 2k off + rebate
    That's a good question, missis2k. I'm not sure what agency Audi Financial Services looks at for credit scores.

AFS' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi haboob. I agree with kenjin. Both this car's selling price and money factor are a little high. AFS' current buy rate for a 42-month lease of this car is only .00161. It's even better for a 36-month lease at .00141.

Shoot for the use of the buy rate money factor and a lower selling price if possible. Have you tried shopping around with a couple of different dealers?

Car_man
    Host
    I figured as much. Thanks a lot for the help. I am going to the other dealer in town this weekend. I will be well armed thanks to you guys!
    Out of curiosity what should be the residual rate on that car at 36 months and 42 months with 10,000 miles per year?
  • stolerostolero Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I'm shopping for a lease on a 2013 a5 cabrio premium plus with bang and olufson, navi and advanced key.
    MSRP is $49,220. Do you know what the november numbers would be? I have 769 FICO score.

What would the AFS money factor/residual be?

Thanks so much in advance!! I don't know how you get those numbers but they sure are helpful!
    Best,
    Bob
    You're very welcome haboob. Good luck and make sure to let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi haboob. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00123 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00143 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Bob. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A5 Cabriolet Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00079 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • stolerostolero Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman! Thanks! I'm looking for the numbers for the 2013, though.
    Are those the same as the 2012? Or was that a typo and you meant 2012?

Also - is the 2013 A5 cabrio prestige the same numbers?

THANKS!!!!!!!
    Bob
    Sorry about the confusion, Bob. AFS' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S5 Cabriolet Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00111 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for a lease of a Prestige would be the same but the residual value would be 2% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • mucho1mucho1 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    I got this quote from a Dealer in Manhattan for an Audi 2013 A5. $4937.61 due at signing $599.62 per month.

Don't have much of the particulars except that its Premium Plus w/ Nav

is this a good deal?
  • mucho1mucho1 Member Posts: 2
    2013 Audi A5 Premium Plus with Nav,10,000 miles per year, 36month, $4937.61 due at signing $599.62 per month.

Is this a good deal
  • gmoxiegmoxie Member Posts: 3
    Car Man:

I had to order my 2013 A5 Cabriolet Prestige quattro and it has finally arrived. What are AFS' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease on this car with 10,000 miles per year - assuming best credit rating? I am scheduled to pick it up at the dealer this weekend.

As always, thanks.
    Wow sweet car, gmoxie. What color did you get? I'm sure that you're happy that it's finally here.

Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Cabriolet Prestige quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00088 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • bballfan8632bballfan8632 Member Posts: 1
    So I've never leased a car before and only know what I've read this past week. My three questions are:

1. What is a good deal(monthly payment range) on a 2013 Audi A5 premium plus(MSRP 42600) with no down payment, 15k miles per year, 3 year lease? I have a discount through work to get the car for 40k and have a 800+ credit score

2. Would I get a significantly better deal on the 2012 A5 vs the 2013? Any significant difference b/w the '12 and '13 models?

3. I have read that I should never put down any money, is this doable for most dealerships if youre brand new to them but have 800+ credit?

Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.