Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima CVT

Comments

• hrotolohrotolo Member Posts: 11
  • tripletrannytripletranny Member Posts: 13
    Thanks Kirstie - confirms that the CVT, while not a new product, is just not stable. I have a friend with a 2008 (2.5) Altima and he is entirely happy, never had a problem at all. On the other hand, I went through two trannies on the same model & year and traded it back before anything else went wrong. The factory CVT was not functionally the problem; it just made weird whining noises. The rebuilt CVT that was put in was, however, terrible. Squealed up a storm, and was hitching, jerking, and almost un-roadworthy. Traded for a '10 after the third tranny went in. Dealer was great about it. So far, 2010 has been ok, only 2300 K on it. Really love the Altima, great car for many years, just don't feel secure about the CVT. Hopefully the "next gen" CVT in the '10 will be better.
  • liz213liz213 Member Posts: 2
    Hello. I'm interested in the 2010 Nissan Altima but it looks like many people have had problems with the CVT transmission. If you have had problems has Nissan fixed them? Are any of you unhappy with your Altimas?

Thanks
  • jam808jam808 Member Posts: 14
    I was looking to purchase an Altima or an Acccord and I am doing my research

I am seeing a lot of discussions about the CVT!

What is a CVT and is this a big problem that the Altima owners are having.

I am looking to buy a 2009 Altima or Accord

I ahve three kids and My 2000 maxima with over 200000 is giving me to much trouble,. time for a new one

I dont want to get another car and have more trouble
    Yes having the exact same problems and they make me feel stupid at the dealership
  • utlax18utlax18 Member Posts: 4
    I have an 08 Altima with 20K miles and have had no problems with the CVT. I have more issues with the engine noise (sounds like a sewing machine when under 1000 rpms) but the dealerships says it is "normal". Only thing I hate about the car. Other than that, it has been great!
  • Rich3465Rich3465 Member Posts: 6
  • liz213liz213 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! I test drove an 11 yesterday and asked what was different about the newer altimas and was told they were quieter- maybe it's gotten better.
    maybe i should get the Honda accord 2008-09.. If the Nissan Atima is loud. Why would they sell a car that is loud. what is the purpose of paying monthly paymnets on a car that is going to be loud and have CVT problems from the jump

does the Accord have similar problems.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Well, you'll probably want to look at the Accord problems discussions to see what others are experiencing, and whether those risks are acceptable to you. The thing is that even when we see issues posted on any vehicle, they usually affect a minority rather than a majority of owners. Not always, but usually. No car is bullet-proof.
    Here's a link to the Honda Accord VCM discussion, which covers one of the major annoyances with that vehicle.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Since 2008, the Accord has had massive brake and rotor issues. Just check out those threads on edmunds and you'll see. I've also consistently read from Accord owners that the Accord has a tremendous amount of road and wind noise that is heard in the cabin compared to the Altima and Camry.

Nissan reduce the engine noise and in cabin noise a bit during the mid life refreshing in 2010. So the 2010-2011 Altimas are a little bit quieter than the 2007-2009s.
    Thanks I think I Am going to go with the ALtima

I want to buy it from Enterprise or HErtz

I saw a few 2010 with 32000 miles which is a lot but the price was like 15500
    The 2008-2009 i see with 28-35000 miles for 14500-15500 as well

What do you think.

You can check them out on

http://www.enterprisecarsales.com/carsales/home.do;jsessionid=NfbQDvcRMTgtG8vJ7n- SLrVDWnqCkvsyr6LGmQDpVLdvFpqbLQL3F!-39648364

http://www.hertzrent2buy.com/Content/SearchResults.aspx?Distance=100mi&Makes=Nis- san&Models=Altima&BodyType=Sedan&PostalCode=33019&
  • jybanezjybanez Member Posts: 4
  • minchao_xieminchao_xie Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem what you said. But I have 2008 Nissan Versa with the CVT. I have another problem that when you start moving forward from the dead-stop, I have to press the gas pedal to the floor to move the car creeping forward with high rpm. After few miles, the speed build up like normal cvt.
  • mickenpamickenpa Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    my 09 Altima started a high pitched whine with only 8800 miles on it
    I had been noticeing some jerky-ness on take off from stops and acceleration
    but put it off to my not driving the car often and not being used to it

took the car to dealer
    they told me that Nissan had a dealer recall on this problem
    if whine is heard to replace the transmission pump
    dealer opened trans. and pump was ok but said bearing needed replacement
    replaced bearing and for last day has been trying to get car to talk to computer again

was also told that Nissan was replaceing full transmission when problem occured
    but now replacement of pump is suggested instead

my major worry now is what other problems may arise that when unnoticed
    or may arise due to breaking into the transmission to replace parts

not having the warm fuzzy feeling for my Altima recently :(
    Did you get a letter from Nissan guaranteeing replacement? If not ask why. Both times my tranny was making noises (and jerking, the second time), my dealer did not even try to open the tranny and look around. They just pulled the whole thing. At the time, they said Nissan did not encourage them to fiddle around with it, but just pull it.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    My kids '09 Versa SL 1.8L CVT makes that same noise coming from the right front of the engine...don't know what it is but will be taking it into the dealer once I hear what can be done on this or other CVT forum. I knew we heard something, so glad we're not crazy. Will wait & read til I find out any new information.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• misiek232misiek232 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 Altima with CVT Transmision. Last week I had to do an emergency stop at an intersection, after coming to a complete stop from 65 km/h the car would not go and only moved at idle speed just like it normaly does when you take your foot off the brake. Took it to a dealer and they could not find anything wrong with it. Even after we took it for a test drive and it did the same thing and did not go back into gear for 30sec or more. Can anyone realate to this or help me with it??
  • dagemdagem Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2011
    I've been reading around the Altima forums, the cvt is a hot topic for most of them. Until 2010, Nissan upped the warranty on the cvt to 10 yrs/ 120k, but they aren't doing it on the '11's. Someone posted it was because they changed them for 11, but others say this is not true, anyone here have any info on it?

Another poster said about 1 in 7 had cvt problems, and he was fighting Nissan because they had replaced his 3 times and wanted his money returned under the lemon law. I know the Altima is doing work in the rental fleets now, so I'm sure they are being abused (like all rentals).

I go back to talk to them on Thursday about purchase, of the 3.5 SR for about $24k, at this price it seems like the best family sedan with a V6, but the cvt thing worries me a little. The Altima is a big car with a strong V6, and is the cvt going to last 7 or 8 years? I like to drive cars for a couple of years payment free to save for a good down payment.

Any help/information is greatly welcomed.

Thanks, DGM
    I had a 2008 Altima 2.5 that I returned when they put the 3rd transmission in. I was able to get a good deal on a '10 last November from same dealer. Thus far, no issues at 10,000k. I think the '10 cvt was a better one than the '07/08 ones, but interesting as I read your message, as I have not heard anything from Nissan to date about extending my '10 warranty to 10yrs/120k like they did with the 08.
    edited April 2011
    From Nissan Assist

""Nissan CVT Warranty Extension

Nissan has extended the Nissan New Vehicle Limited Warranty for the Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) to 10 years/120,000 miles (whichever occurs first) for CVT transmission repairs, replacement, and related towing on all 2003-2010 model year Nissan vehicles equipped with the CVT. The remainder of the powertrain warranty coverage for components other than the CVT transmission remains unchanged. All other warranty terms, limitations and conditions otherwise apply.

Please note that this is not a safety recall, and there are no safety issues relating to your Continuously Variable Transmission.""

Not sure when Nissan did it, and they may do it for the '11 models as well, it's on my QTA (questions to ask) list.

I've heard horror stories about the cvt, but on the net the smallest problems get blown out of proportion. It does seem like 3 cvts in 2 years, sounds like a horror story to me.

EDITED You might read the whole thing a few times, it seems every time I read it means different things. :confuse:

Hopefully you will get the extra coverage, I'm pretty sure it will be a major factor in my decision, they might have a '10 still sitting on the lot they want to clear off for a nice discount.
    I have the 2010 Altima coupe, its a great looking car but have had to the dealership 3 times complaining about the transmission. I am so tired of dealing with this issue that I am going to sell and go back to Infiniti G37. I bought the car for the 3.5 and now it hardly has any power, what a joke. Even if they replace the CVT transmission it could have the same problem again, according to the posting I have read. Very frustrating, not a solid car I would advise to stay away....

Heather
    Just to add regarding safety, it is a hazard. When trying to merge into traffic and the car doesnt move. Also, was on a hill and my car was rolling backwards and was at 2000 rpm. I have had other people drive my car and they are shocked at the lack of performance.
    Thanks for the info, it just doesn't sound like they've got the cvt figured out yet.

I've read on other sites about them losing power, and about them having problems after long drives at high speeds. Here in AZ we can run 75 for long stretches, and losing power getting of the highway with my daughter doesn't sound fun.

This car is making me wonder if it's worth the risks....

Thanks again.
  • tommyt1971tommyt1971 Member Posts: 1
    JUST had the tranny replaced in my Altima!! I was searching around for similar probs & came upon this thread. So far, the d/ship has had my car since last Fri, about 5 days BUT they were kind enough to give me a loaner. Said they'd have my car done today but no dice, they had to wait for a bracket they use to hold the engine in place while they swap out the trans. Looks like tomorrow, if I'm lucky!

Whole trans tho? At 18K mi? Happy it was under the standard warranty AND the powertrain warranty!! Still, I have no prob recommending the Altima, it's been the best car I've had!
    Yes, Nissan says it's easier to replace, than repair. I am beginning to wonder if it's their master plan for when it goes out after warranty, this way you'll be used to just replacing it.

I would be hard pressed to recommend a car that tossed it's tranny @ 18k...

Just curious is it a 2.5 or a 3.5?
  • carguy2011carguy2011 Member Posts: 2
    Acceleration or decelartion on rises or declines confuses the transmission into shifting the the wrong gear. Climbing uphill then sudden leveling causes it to jump to a higher gear and limb along at 5mph till it reaches that gear, then it is fine. After a recent stop from 40 going downhill on the highway the thing wook forever to get up to speed and got hit in the process. This CVT thing is a piece of crap. :mad: :lemon:
    I just dropped my car off at the dealership for the 3rd time, I almost got hit yesterday pulling out of parking lot. Went for a test drive and they felt it, lets see what the technician says. If they tell me there is nothing wrong I am going to tell them to keep the piece of .....Im done!!!
    Okay just got a call from the dealership and they are going to replace a transmission valve(takes 5-6 days) and if that doesnt fix the problem they will replace the transmission REALLY??? Anyone have feed back on this??
  • juanca08juanca08 Member Posts: 15
    I had the same problem and the dealer replaced the "transmission valve body" three weeks ago. When I picked up the car from the dealer It felt great up until yesterday that I started to have the same problem. It is becoming a safety issue when I have to enter a busy street and the car does not respond to the acceleration. I will take my car to the dealer again next Tuesday and see what other problem they find. I have this car on lease and if the problem is not fixed I will have to use an attorney to get out of this lease ASAP. My car is a 2010 model.
    Unbelievable....Wow my car is a 2010 as well with 15000 miles. please keep me posted as to what happens, this is very frustrating..... :cry:
    Well, I took my car to the dealer again, they will have to replace the transmission. They gave me loaner Altima 2.5S and it drives great. I will post again when I get my car back.
    The replaced the transmission in my 2010 Altima and the problem still there. I don't know waht to do now, I am tired. :mad:
  • anordinaryguyanordinaryguy Member Posts: 4
    I have been complaining of transmission problems since I picked up my 2010 Altima in December of 2009. First I was told "that's just the way the CVT works, get used to it". When I explained about the power loss after highway driving (almost rear ended twice, sluggish acceleration for a day or so after) they said they couldn't duplicate the problem. Every time (every 6,000 km) I took it in for scheduled service I listed the problem. Finally, at the 48,000 km service they said they would order a transmission valve body. When I went in for the 54,000 km service they said they would install the valve body. I got a phone call that day and said that they had installed the valve body and when they test drove the car the transmission would not shift out of first (I'm not sure how "gears" are defined in a CVT). They couldn't fix it so they had obtained authorization to replace the CVT. They gave me a loaner and the work took two days. I just got it back, I'll update this board on the results.
    The dealer replaced the transmission on my 2010 Altima about 3 weeks ago (they have replaced the transmission valve body about 4 weeks ago)and I still have the same accelerations problem. I took it back to the dealer. After 3 days they told me that the transmission came from the factory with the rigth oil level and after installing it they put more oil, they claim that oil overfill was causing the transmission not to respond to the acceleration. I called yesterday and the problem still there. It has been one week and they don't know what the problem is. I have called Nissan North America and they have a case open. I hope they find out exactly what is wrong with my car. :mad:
    Well, it has been 14 days since I took my car to the dealer and they don't know what the problem is. They have replaced the valve on the transmission, replace the transmission, test it for 14 days and the problem is still there. I have called Nissan NA again and ask them for a solution, they will call me back hopefully today. :lemon: :mad:
  • onlamonlam Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2011
    I got my Altima 3.5 SR last week and loved it. The CVT is extremely smooth and works perfectly. For those who still have prioblems with your CVT, read the Nissan TSB regarding surging or lost of power between 10 and 45 mph here.

Link:

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/TSB/TSB_xml/nmabstract.aspx?id=56520&model=&model- - year=

Other TSB for the Altima and other Nissan vehicles is listed here. enjoy.

Link:

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/TSB/TSB_xml/nmIndex.aspx?tsbType=TSB
    Thank for the info, but my problem goes beyond the issues descrpted in the Nissan technical bulletin. This is the fourth time my car has been in the shop and they are still working on a solution.
  • deadtrannydeadtranny Member Posts: 1
    I'm so relieved to read that I'm not the only one who is having these issues! My Altima has been to the dealership for the whining noise I hear on the highway. The first time I noticed it, I was driving from Phoenix to LA and it was only doing it at 65mph or higher. It's now doing it even at lower speeds. I've taken it to 2 dealerships so far and they've done nothing. I now have to drive back to LA in a few days. I really don't think it'll make the trip. I pay $370 a month just to have a car that is unreliable. I have friends with junker cars who don't have to worry about their cars making it to their destination.

I tried yesterday to trade in for a reliable Honda, but I'm about $3k upside down on my car. This wouldn't be an issue if I had to option to keep my car for the remainder of the loan, but I don't see it lasting another year even. :cry:

I personally will never buy Nissan again. Their quality is pathetic. I might as well have bought an American car.
    Do you have any recourse through a lemon law in Arizona or CA (not sure where you got the Nissan). If yours is a 2008, you should have received a letter from Nissan about the extended warranty on the CVT. If you didn't, bug the dealer and/or corporate about it. If they deny there is such coverage, go directly to corporate. The extended warranty in Canada is up to 200K (not sure what that is in miles). I had no problems with the dealership replacing TWO trannies that whined. All the mechanics said Nissan prefers to yank the whole thing and replace it rather than monkey with taking it apart.

They aren't doing enough for you. Pop a few blood vessels on the phone to corporate and let them know.
    Just curious: has anyone heard anything from dealerships/shops regarding Nissan parts from Japan? Has it become more difficult to get parts after the tsunami? Are there enough being manufactured in N. AMerica? Haven't heard about any other [non-permissible content removed] car co's either....
  • frustaltimafrustaltima Member Posts: 2
    heather, I have the same problem with my 08 Nissan Altima. My car is now with my 4th dealership in the state of Texas attempting to get it fixed. In September I took my car to Houston where I lived complainiing of the excess winding noise upon acceleration, I asked them to do a diagnostic which they failed to do but still charged me for. They said it was my Heat Shield making the noise.. paid for it to be replaced however all they did was bend it back to normal. i went yet again in october complaining of the same noise again asking them to run a diagnostic and yet nothing. I am in the military and explained that i would be transferring to the West Coast and had to drive me and my family there, paid for other things that were "wrong" and yet in October 200 miles north of Houston, the winding became obnoxiously loud and low and behold my service engine light came on. I had to then drop of my car in Dallas to the Nissan Dealership there where they ran the diagnostic and stated my CVT needed to be replaced. That was at a little over 81K miles. I had to leave my car there and come get it after it was fixed. Mind you i had to stay an extra 7 days in Texas to await my car, only for them to tell me that it would be another 2 weeks. I then took the rental car and left to the west coast. 2 days later the service manager called and said that my car was ready. So much for 2 weeks. I then got all my household goods and drove back to Texas to pick up my car only to find out 7 months later on a road trip from Tulsa, OK this past June that the winding noise had returned and so did the check engine light. When I stopped at the closest dealership in Elk City, OK the service tech then found that my CVT was not properly installed and was missing bolts. I then had to drive my car to Amarillo to the dealership there. Explaining everything that was going on and asking them to run a diagnostic, they claimed they found 3 bolts not installed and they said it was good to go. This is after one of their technicians not only failed to run a diagnostic he also failed to look at the vehicle period. He stated it was fine. They then actually looked under the hood and lifted the vehicle. In the meantime they were so kind to let me use their courtesy vehgicle to get back to Nevada, then since it was "fixed" I then again had to drive back to Texas to get my car. Low and Behold on the way back from Texas 250 miles from Amarillo the winding noise was back and so was the service engine light. I had to take my car again to the closest dealership on 4th of July, which happened to be the only dealer open.. Wichita Falls Nissan. The service center was closed however the sales department stayed open until I arrived. I had to pay for a one way rental on my own dime which was an extra 600.00, then had extra expenses for hotels as this deleayed my trip back to Nevada. my car is now at this dealership and the service manageer informed me yet again I need to replace my CVT transmission. he was able to pull the codes unlike Amarillo who just cant give me a reason why they couldnt other than I know they didnt even do the test. he stated that this was not mechanical error, this was caused by human error. The CVT wasnt even installed correctly. So i have not only posted on every website that I could, I have consumer affairs who has not been very helpful in reimbursment or ANYTHING for that matter other than they are really sorry this has happened. I have contacted the Better Buisness complaint department as well as a lawyer to sue the two dealerships as well as Nissan for all the hardship this has caused me and my family. THIS IS MAINTENANCE MALPRACTICE. Nissan is Nissan and if this many people are having issues with the CVT then they need to recall the vehicles that have the CVT.
  • frustaltimafrustaltima Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem with my 08 Nissan Altima. My car is now with my 4th dealership in the state of Texas attempting to get it fixed. In September I took my car to Houston where I lived complainiing of the excess winding noise upon acceleration, I asked them to do a diagnostic which they failed to do but still charged me for. They said it was my Heat Shield making the noise.. paid for it to be replaced however all they did was bend it back to normal. i went yet again in october complaining of the same noise again asking them to run a diagnostic and yet nothing. I am in the military and explained that i would be transferring to the West Coast and had to drive me and my family there, paid for other things that were "wrong" and yet in October 200 miles north of Houston, the winding became obnoxiously loud and low and behold my service engine light came on. I had to then drop of my car in Dallas to the Nissan Dealership there where they ran the diagnostic and stated my CVT needed to be replaced. That was at a little over 81K miles. I had to leave my car there and come get it after it was fixed. Mind you i had to stay an extra 7 days in Texas to await my car, only for them to tell me that it would be another 2 weeks. I then took the rental car and left to the west coast. 2 days later the service manager called and said that my car was ready. So much for 2 weeks. I then got all my household goods and drove back to Texas to pick up my car only to find out 7 months later on a road trip from Tulsa, OK this past June that the winding noise had returned and so did the check engine light. When I stopped at the closest dealership in Elk City, OK the service tech then found that my CVT was not properly installed and was missing bolts. I then had to drive my car to Amarillo to the dealership there. Explaining everything that was going on and asking them to run a diagnostic, they claimed they found 3 bolts not installed and they said it was good to go. This is after one of their technicians not only failed to run a diagnostic he also failed to look at the vehicle period. He stated it was fine. They then actually looked under the hood and lifted the vehicle. In the meantime they were so kind to let me use their courtesy vehgicle to get back to Nevada, then since it was "fixed" I then again had to drive back to Texas to get my car. Low and Behold on the way back from Texas 250 miles from Amarillo the winding noise was back and so was the service engine light. I had to take my car again to the closest dealership on 4th of July, which happened to be the only dealer open.. Wichita Falls Nissan. The service center was closed however the sales department stayed open until I arrived. I had to pay for a one way rental on my own dime which was an extra 600.00, then had extra expenses for hotels as this deleayed my trip back to Nevada. my car is now at this dealership and the service manageer informed me yet again I need to replace my CVT transmission. he was able to pull the codes unlike Amarillo who just cant give me a reason why they couldnt other than I know they didnt even do the test. he stated that this was not mechanical error, this was caused by human error. The CVT wasnt even installed correctly. So i have not only posted on every website that I could, I have consumer affairs who has not been very helpful in reimbursment or ANYTHING for that matter other than they are really sorry this has happened. I have contacted the Better Buisness complaint department as well as a lawyer to sue the two dealerships as well as Nissan for all the hardship this has caused me and my family. THIS IS MAINTENANCE MALPRACTICE. Nissan is Nissan and if this many people are having issues with the CVT then they need to recall the vehicles that have the CVT.
  • jybanezjybanez Member Posts: 4
    Sorry to her that problem again to all Nissan Altima that have a CVT transmission . Nissan should recall all the CVT Trans. and dont used it at any Nissan car. My problem was same thing but my trans. is not CVT. Altima 06 have a recall last November . I have Altima 06 . I never recieve a recall letter from Nissan so I went to my dealer. And they punch in the Vin #. it was not included on that recall. I as my friend at the parts department. He went and check and he said that my car is not a CVT trans. The problem that I have was that Trans. from 1st to 2nd gear it takes time to change . More on Acceleration before it change. Drop it to my Mechanic shop not from Nissan . He have no time he was busy. I took the car back was park on the side street. When i drove the car you wont believe it . The Trans was back to original. until now its still working same as before. Praise the Lord and Thank GOD. Make sure Nissan will pay you back its thier mistake and Mechanics are not being check by thier Supervisor before the car is being realease to the owner.
  • mlmcgaheemlmcgahee Member Posts: 102
    I work out of my Nissan and put quite a few miles on it daily. I had a brand new 2007 Rogue SL that I kept 3 years and put 64000 miles on. I now own a 2010 Altima 2.5S. I've had the vehicle for a little over a year and now have 35000 miles on it.
    I have had zero problems with either vehicle including the CVT transmission .
    Now I can tell you some horror stories about a brand new 2007 Toyota Rav4 that had 3 transmissions installed in 6 months. Toyota ended up doing a lemon law by-back and that's when I got my Rogue.

:D
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    edited July 2011
    Yeb, I have no problem w/ 4 Nissans and 4 Infinitis so far. I hate when people get too emotional with their cars and start bashing a particular brand b/c they got a lemon. There're always some problems w/ any brand and there's nothing we can do. That's what the warranty/extended warranty for.
  • austexaustex Member Posts: 62
    I had a 00 Maxima GLE .. great car. But a friend got a same one with lots of problems. So buyer's luck. And I dont blame ppl for venting as its a lot of inconvenience when the car has to be taken to shop over and over.
    Not to mention that its lot of money spent. We own ONE car, the manufacturers have TONS of these and should be able to fix these problems and not give us the run around. I sympathize with folks who have issues with their car.
    I have been and loyal Nissan customer for years, but after a bad experience with my 2010 altima CVT I will buy an american car. I have been driving a 2006 Saturn Ion and it drives better than my Altima. I have tried Ford and they really did a great job upgrading their products. Bye bye Nissan.
  • goodbyenissangoodbyenissan Member Posts: 1
    I completely understand, deadtranny. Yesterday my 08 CVT blew outside Rawlins, WY at 46000 miles while on a long trip. This is unexcusable, and Nissan should have recalled all cars with these transmissions. The dealer could have gotten a new transmission in 1 day from another dealer, but corporate would not reimburse him the costs. So I am stuck for at least 3 days for delivery, and will incur substantial rental car and motel costs. I had even mentioned to my home dealer the whining noise, but they were not responsive. Battery went after 2 years, still under warranty, but they charged over $150 for the new battery, all ending up costing me more for the repair than if I had just gone to Sears!
    I too have had it with Nissan. Never again and will never recommend. Good luck with your next vehicle!