Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2009 - 2010 Nissan Murano

Comments

• Options
    qs933qs933 Member Posts: 302
    Two more LE exclusives (somewhat related to the memory seats):
    - Power tilt and telescoping steering wheel
    - Automatic entry/exit system (i.e. seat moves back and steering wheel moves up)

Also, the LE roof rails are silver (as opposed to black).

Is this worth $2K? If I were to purchase a Murano, I would go with the LE. Why? The 20" wheels, to me, make a huge difference in the Murano's appearance. Although 18" wheels are nothing to sneeze at (I remember when 16" was huge), the availability of a 20" factory rim makes anything else look small.

If I were spending $35K+, might as well get the best with no regrets. ;)
  • Options
    rrosellrrosell Member Posts: 17
    Has anyone bothered to look at the spare tire and wheel? It is of the donut type and the sub woofer for the audio system is mounted on top of the spare under the cover. I checked it out and the sales people were amazed as well.
  • Options
    greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    saw 1 review mentioning 20" wheel causes bit of road noise along with unpopular size of the tire. Is that true? Or just one sided view... I just wonder. Of course I agree with you the look

everyone has a opinion... There might not have been good insulation on the vehicle in question though and they would have heard road noise with any tire. Or it could have been some cheap tires that were loader than most tires.

gP
  • Options
    buzzhdbuzzhd Member Posts: 39
    saw 1 review mentioning 20" wheel causes bit of road noise along with unpopular size of the tire. Is that true? Or just one sided view... I just wonder. Of course I agree with you the look with 20" is tremendous.
  • Options
    endodocendodoc Member Posts: 15
    Just has too many features and i love my infinity G35X to give them up. my wife wants these features which you couldn't get all of them on a crossover this size for this price . invoice cap cost on a two lease. (there will be something better in two years).this should have been the new infinity instead of the EX(.too small)
  • Options
    qs933qs933 Member Posts: 302
    So if you now want the SAFEST 2009 SUV - looks like the Murano wins hands down!

I think the Murano is the only 2009 SUV on the market right now. ;)

In all seriousness, it's a great selling point (and note that both the Mazda CX-7 and CX-9 in that test batch did not earn the IIHS' highest ranking). Just to clarify, though, the Murano isn't the only SUV carrying a "top safety pick" rating -- the 2008 Highlander and others also received it from a previous batch of tests.

The complete 2008 "top safety pick" list includes:

Midsize SUVs
    Acura MDX
    Acura RDX
    BMW X3
    BMW X5
    Ford Edge
    Ford Taurus X
    Honda Pilot
    Hyundai Santa Fe
    Hyundai Veracruz built after August 2007
    Infiniti EX35
    Lincoln MKX
    Mercedes M class
    Nissan Murano
    Saturn VUE built after December 2007
    Subaru Tribeca
    Toyota Highlander
    Volvo XC90
  • Options
    mstrbomstrbo Member Posts: 1
    Can the navigation system be programed while the car is moving or does the car need to be in park to do anything?
  • Options
    rosepointerosepointe Member Posts: 12
    We don't think it is our imagination but the passenger seat appears to be smaller and shorter in depth that the drivers seat. Has anyone noticed that?

Also I just wanted to chime in that I felt the 20 inch wheels made the drive smoother than when I drove SL. I still find this car pretty quiet for its size. I have an LE 2009 Murano.
  • Options
    isabelalavalisabelalaval Member Posts: 51
    Finally, the results that I was waiting for! Glad to see that the 2009 Murano was at the top of its class for crash test ratings.

Yay!
  • Options
    snakedoctorsnakedoctor Member Posts: 6
    We test drove an 09 SL FWD the other day and noticed a lot of wind noise at 55 MPH. We usually have the radio on (we didn't during the test drive) which I suppose would mask the noise but I was wondering if anyone else noticed the wind noise.
  • Options
    I drove two on the highway and didn't notice much. i knew about it and was listening for it . we decided to lease one and am picking it up saturday. i drove the all wheel drive LE if that makes any difference. but i doubt it .
  • Options
    I wouldn't expect the trim line to make a difference but I suppose it could. It's been a while since I did any test driving so I'm not really sure what to expect. Maybe what I heard was typical. I also drove a Highlander and it seemed to have less wind noise but it was a couple of days between the test drives and my memory isn't what it used to be.
  • Options
    I can't seem to find much on the tow package. All indications are that it is nothing more than a hitch and wiring. Is that correct? For the price, I'd expect the typical larger radiator and alternator, transmission oil cooler, etc.
  • Options
    I can't seem to find much on the tow package. All indications are that it is nothing more than a hitch and wiring. Is that correct? For the price, I'd expect the typical larger radiator and alternator, transmission oil cooler, etc.

Your not towing anything over 3500 lbs...

GP
  • Options
    jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Can anyone who bought the 09 Muranos please let us know if the side mirrors dimm at night like the RX. Means does it have auto dimming side mirrors?
    Thankyou
  • Options
    Your not towing anything over 3500 lbs...

Yeah, so what's your point?
  • Options
    joneslijonesli Member Posts: 3
    I have the 09 Murano,,,side mirrors do not dim... :(
  • Options
    Yeah, so what's your point?

Your not going to need a transmission coooler etc...

GP
  • Options
    Your not going to need a transmission coooler etc...

So this takes me back to my original question: What do you get for $600+ other than a hitch and some wiring?
  • Options
    jmpage2jmpage2 Member Posts: 268
    Well, that's about what all manufacturers charge for a "tow package" so what is your point other than being argumentative?
  • Options
    Well, that's about what all manufacturers charge for a "tow package" so what is your point other than being argumentative? .... :surprise:

Thank you....

GP
  • Options
    Well, that's about what all manufacturers charge for a "tow package" so what is your point other than being argumentative?

Not trying to be argumentative at all. I just want to understand what you get for the $600+.

The tow prep package on a new 2008 Highlander costs $220 (much less) and includes an upgraded radiator, transmission oil cooler with water cooler, 150-amp alternator and trailer pre-wiring, engine oil cooler and 200-watt fan coupling. No hitch however (typical cost of $150 - $200).

It just seemed to me that for $600+ there must be more to it than just a hitch and some wiring but, I guess not.
  • Options
    isabelalavalisabelalaval Member Posts: 51
    I'm trying to do some research regarding an extended warranty for the 2009 Murano. I am trying to determine if it's better to get one now, or wait until it's closer to the 'end date' of the regular warranty. Also, is it better to get one from Nissan or an outside company? We never got one for the Corolla, so this is kind of new territory.

Any ideas on cost? I was told by a friend it's about 5% of the vehicle price.
  • Options
    leeroy44leeroy44 Member Posts: 5
    Since the hitch reciever that comes from the dealer is a class 2. I am going to buy one on ebay for $115.00, which is a class 3. That is what all my hitches are. I will be buying the wiring harness from the dealer, because it might install easier. I have noticed on other chat rooms that the after market units fit a little nicer than the factory.
  • Options
    blackhat6blackhat6 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a 2009 LE last week. I have noticed that when I remove my ipod after using the factory interface I have to reset the ipod in order for it to operate away from the vehicle. Just curious if I may be doing something incorrectly or if you have to reset each time?
  • Options
    orangelebaronorangelebaron Member Posts: 435
    I have a 2003 Murano. When you pull the interior door release handle, it automatically unlocks just like in all Chrysler, Ford, VW and Volvo products. Same thing for the passenger side. I like this feature. Even most Toyotas have this feature now.

Well, anyway, I checked out the 2009 and noticed they did away with this feature and now it's like GM and Hondas, where you either have to press the power lock switch or manipulate the little lock switch with your fingers. I found that little switch to be difficult to push/pull to unlock. Annoying.

I don't understand why they changed this?
    Other than that, the new interior is nice... not sure if I like the overdone exterior and Santa Fe taillights though. The vertical taillights were one thing that set this car apart from all the others and now the back is just like the rest.
  • Options
    newmuranobuyernewmuranobuyer Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

Can anyone help me or offer me some advice on how much it would cost me to purchase a 2009 Nissan Murano LE AWD, in the states and bring it back to Canada, I started reading these posts a few days ago. And it seems you guys are very sharp and have great advice to give. Can someone help me with a breakdown of the prices it will cost me to bring it over the border ?

thanks in advance
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    While you're waiting for a reply here you may get some good tips in Importing Car into Canada from US.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    techdudetechdude Member Posts: 87
    Can anyone recommend the new 09 Murano LE or SL a as family vehicle? We're expecting our first and I've narrowed it down to the new Murano or the 08 Highlander. I like the interior quality of the Murano but the storage space of the Highlander is huge. I'm thinking as to lease as I'm not a fan of too much out there right now and I don't want to be stuck with a gas guzzler for too long. Any opinions and advice would be appreciated.
  • Options
    hemorsehemorse Member Posts: 34
    I've been negotiating on a fully loaded LE with an MSRP of $40, 865. I need a 24 month, 15k per year. My best negotiated price right now is $805/mo including tax. If anyone knows of any better deal, please contact me.
  • Options
    clarencehollowclarencehollow Member Posts: 60
    On an 2009 LE with Nav, list price of $40,200 I got 670.00 a month with $2000 total out of pocket, assuming 8.75% tax rate for 39 months. And $798 on a 24 month deal, same type of money down, tax rate. Chris the Internet Sales Manager at Mike Barney Nissan in Buffalo has the best Nissan deals I have ever seen. I personally like the SL with leather option better than the LE, because I do not need the 20" wheels and you shave a ton of money off price. :shades:
  • Options
    Towing packages, and Accessories in general purchased at the time of sale from the manufacturer is covered under the 3yr./36, 000 bumper to bumper warranty, and that's important to know . Most standard warranty of after market stuff is one year at best. Although the price may seem high $690, it was specially designed to fit perfectly and unobtrusively.
  • Options
    The Internet Sales Manager at Mike Barney Nissan in Buffalo has been helping Canadian buyers, check them out. They can also get any color, any options. Once across the border, canadians have to pay 6.1% duty (because the Murano is built entirely in Japan), 5% GST, 206.70 RIV fee, and 100.00 Excise tax. Canadian Tire can do the Daytime Running Lamps and after that - you own a significant vehicle that will last a long time.
  • Options
    fitcfitc Member Posts: 11
    Just wanted to clarify:
    The factory tow package for the 09 is Class II. That is, the hitch is rated for 3,500 lbs GTW. However, the receiver (the actual receptacle) itself is 2" square - like the ones you'd typically find on Class III tow hitches. So if your only purpose is to have a 2" square receptacle, you'll still be OK with the factory one. Although, you can always get an aftermarket hitch for a lot less.

_fitc_
  • Options
    dreggmandreggman Member Posts: 4
    Well after driving our 04 Murano around for the past 4 years - we decided to upgrade. Worked out perfect as our lease was up this past Feb. We wound up leasing a LOADED 2009 Murano LE AWD with EVERY option - moonroof, navigation, mats, cross rails, cargo protector, tire flaps, etc. We were really upset that you could not get a DVD player and the navigation system or moonroof. Tried to config online - but selecting overhead DVD greys out BOTH moon (makes sense) and navigation (does not make sense!). The dealer said it had something to do with the wiring. So we added the OEM DVD Players (INVISION) to the back of each headrest. Looks even BETTER to be honest than the factory option. So we literally have EVERYTHING in this car. (DVD NOTE: The DVD players were installed by the dealer and look amazing. Nissan considers INVISION DVD to be a NISSAN "dealer port" option. Only the dealer offers this option and they match the factory specs. INVISION items can ONLY be ordered and installed through the dealership. 3rd party companies and consumers CANNOT buy them and do it yourself. For this reason they are not considered aftermarket and convered under the NISSAN manufacturer warranty as well.)

We got the LE with the Super Black Exterior with Beige Leather Interior. Looks great in this combination. Dark interior looked good in old model - but we thought beige interior looks better in 09s.

Original Sticker was $40,511.00 and DVD Player was $1500.00. Cap Cost Came to $38,200.00. All this in a 42 Month Lease with 12K miles annually - $5,529 down - out of pocket (first payment - the 529-, taxes, titles, tags, etc.) and a Monthly payment of $529.00 I believe the buyout at the end of the lease is $19K and change. For a car with this many options - I believe we got a great deal. I know the DVD Players in the Headrest option was like $1500. I live in Virginia and shopped around at 6 dealers - the best we were offered in VA was $6200 down and $570 a month for the same lease - I took this deal back to the dealer where we originally leased our 04 Murano - Herb Gordon Nissan in MD and they beat it - no games and no hassle - did everything over the phone. I just showed up to pick up my car!! They gave me the model customer experience - twice! They have amazing customer service. I would obivously deal with them again in a hearbeat.

By the way - I have also test driven the Acura, Lexus and Infiniti this year. Thought maybe it was time to leave Nissan. My parents have the lexus and i drove it in Florida for two solid weeks prior to test driving the 09 Murano. I can honestly say - money aside - I felt the 09 Murano drove and felt better than ALL OF THEM. Maybe a personal preference. But even if cost was not a factor - I felt the 09 Murano was the best one. It is a truly amazing car. Just did a road trip up to NYC last weekend and this car was perfect. The bluetooth was awesome for answering calls with no effort, ipod connecter was very cool for listening to our library of tunes and controlling it through the vehicle, the traffic navigation helped us avoid some major tie ups on the beltway, the dvd players were great for keeping the little happy with dora the explorer, the duel moonroofs were great for taking in the views in NYC and overall the roomy seats and great handling made for a wonderful trip!!

I HIGHLY recommend this car.
  • Options
    i leased the 40k murano because i wanted all the toys especially the nav ,power tailgate,bluetooth and keyless start. big features when holding little arms and bags in parking lots. the quality and handling was better than the highlander but smaller. i leased for two years. there no homeruns out there . maybe the new pilot-.old one didn't have alot of the features. it will also be 40k loaded.
  • Options
    What was the best lease deal you were able to negotiate? Was it a 2009 LE? How many months lease + miles/yr?
  • Options
    newmuranobuyernewmuranobuyer Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

I have been told by Nissan Canada, that the 2009 Nissan Murano has to be registered and plated in the U.S for a period of 6 months. Before you can transfer the warranty to Canada. I guess they are doing this as a deterrent to stop Canadians from buying the car across the border. Does anyone provide me with more information on this subject. Is there a way around this issue ?
  • Options
    41k car with winter mats and nissan service 15k miles 24mo.nothing down .$680.expensive but i like to have the current thing..
  • Options
    needsomezoomneedsomezoom Member Posts: 3
    Someone want to talk me into or out of black leather on the Tinted Bronze LE? I thought beige would be the norm but most of the vehicles (black, bronze, platinum) on the lots here are the black leather. Maybe it's a Northeast thing with our seven-month winters? Maybe black is easier to maintain? I think they both look pretty sharp and the interior accents seem to lend themselves to either color.
  • Options
    dcbengaldcbengal Member Posts: 4
    I just ordered my LE in Tinted Bronze with the Beige interior - is it much more difficult to find in this combination. I like both interiors but I think the black is just a little too dark since there is no accent color. With the beige you have the darker (brown?) accent color which I think will look really sharp with the Tinted Bronze.
  • Options
    buzzhdbuzzhd Member Posts: 39
    looks like Tinted Bronze is a popular color nowadays, personally I like Plantium or Silver one w/ Black leather. Of course that's personal preferences.
  • Options
    dcbengaldcbengal Member Posts: 4
    I like the Platinum as well - and it does look good with the black interior. However, I have had a Platinum Toyota Sequoia for the last 5 years - need a change of pace! :shades:
  • Options
    get winter mats . the beige always looks better in this car..
  • Options
    zuck214zuck214 Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up my white 2009 LE on Friday. Love it but so far have one question that I can not seem to get an answer. Can you use the CF card to load the music into the music box? It seems that is would take a very long time to have to use the CD player to load your music plus a lot of my music is not on accessible CD's. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    09muranosales09muranosales Member Posts: 16
    The first person I would call is your salesperson, the dealership and open up your Owners Manual. The answer is available in the last option.
  • Options
    redlight2411redlight2411 Member Posts: 1
    that sounds like a nice setup! do you happen to have any pictures of your murano? im looking for a similar setup and just wondering how it would look? many thanks!
  • Options
    guest10guest10 Member Posts: 2
    I'm Canadian and I'm not too familiar with the different packages offered on the new Murano. Would someone be kind enough to tell me what the SL-A packages and SL-B pacages are all about?

Thanx
  • Options
    Has anyone negotiated a 24 Month, 15,000 mile/year lease? If so, what has been the best price you were able to get for a loaded LE with an MSRP of about $40,650?

Thanks!
  • Options
    zuck214zuck214 Member Posts: 2
    I will try to do pictures and post them. The car is gorgeous and rides great.