Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 - 2010 Nissan Murano

18910111214»

Comments

• sergie1sergie1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi I have a battery that keeps going dead on my murano for no reason.When i have charged the battery overnight it works fine for a day or s,then dies again.Did anyone find out what the under lying fault was? Regards
  • sbredigersbrediger Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem. So Nissan dealer told me it is the on board computer. It is getting replaced and after I get the car back I will see if it fixes the problem. I came back from vacation the car was dead as dead. Got it jumped and it lasted 1 day. Next day dead again. Took it to dealer and that is when they said it was the computer. What it is the computer is triggering the remote start when you press the lock button twice. But the car is not starting it is just draining all the power to kill the power. This is a widespread problem with this vehicle. As soon as it is fixed I am ridding myself of the car and thus Nissan. I have owned 11 Nissans but enough is enough. I dont care anymore. I have a Honda Pilot and have no problems both are 09 loaded out but Nissan is junk. I read all the posts about dead batteries and Nissan does nothing. What the real problem is that this was the 1st yr in the new redesign. That is the problem. I am done.
  • kohlmannkohlmann Member Posts: 2
    Bad battery. You need to perform: Load test & cell test of each cell with a hydrometer.
  • kohlmannkohlmann Member Posts: 2
    My experience tells me the Nissan dealers are ignorant, stupid & untrained. This comes with dealing with numerous issues with 3 dealers in Bergen Cty. NJ. They don't understand automotive basics and are very good at lieing to your face point blank. Being an X auto tech. for 17 years I know when I am being told the truth and not. What really pisses me off is when I have a dead battery and they tell me they don't have to honor the factory warranty. The NISSAN sign on his property doesn't mean they are an authorized dealer I am told - it's just a sign. I had to replace the battery myself and then fight NISSAN in Canada for almost 6 months to get my money back. Lie after lie and phone calls I never received to resolve the issue. NEVER EVER will I drive another Nissan again the rest of my life.
  • disgruntled33disgruntled33 Member Posts: 11
    Question: This is my first Nissan that I bought. I included the extended warranty on the car. I bought the car a good distance from my home. We have kept up with maintenance on the car, however, we did not save the receipts for oil bought. I now have a problem with my Murano 2010, 28,000 miles, with white smoke when starting my car. I took it to the dealer and provided him with my service record of when we changed the oil. Because there was sludge in the oil, they want receipts for the oil purchased. We have only ever used what was stated in the manuel. We were never told to save receipts for such things as oil, window washer fluid, air filters, etc. Now Nissan doesn't want to honor the warranty. The dealership won't even diagnosis what's wrong with the car. Where is it stated that receipts must be kept for 'normal' supplies for your car?
  • jim_rochesterjim_rochester Member Posts: 1
    Same problem with my 2009 Murano. The battery just dies. I had the battery replaced two month ago and the problem persists. It only happens once in a while. Each time I take it to the dealer there is nothing wrong, they say. The last time I had the vehicle towed to the dealer after one of these events. I'm out of warranty, Nissan failed me. Got to get rid of the vehicle.