Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Toyota Sequoia

Comments

• gc1gc1 Member Posts: 4
    We're considering a Sequoia but have a question. When approaching the Sequoia, can you use your key fob to lower all the windows and open the moonroof? It's very helpful on hot days. I don't see it on even the Platinum's list of standard equipment.
  • ccooke70ccooke70 Member Posts: 31
    The sensor is failing in the rain becasue it cannot read correctly. It iwll do the same if you drive directly toward bright sunlight. It cannot get a reading in those conditions, so it turns off.
  • vernschillingevernschillinge Member Posts: 66
    We're considering a Sequoia but have a question. When approaching the Sequoia, can you use your key fob to lower all the windows and open the moonroof? It's very helpful on hot days. I don't see it on even the Platinum's list of standard equipment.

No, you cannot with the remote. However, you can use the key in the door to open and close the windows. You can also use the key in the rear hatch to open/close the rear window.
  • wbenderwbender Member Posts: 3
    Taking delivery of a silver sky this weekend. Anyone have any info on:
    cargo mat fitting behind second row seats? I will have the third row seats down most of the time and haul stuff fairly often
    can the platinum badge and toyota badge on the rear liftgate be removed with no holes? I like the "unbadged" look They just pulled off my 05 4Runner
    recommendations for floor mats? MacNeil?

Thanks in advance.
  • nobulenobule Member Posts: 4
    I have an SR5 and not a Platinum. I assume that the floor space is similar for mats. I spent a lot of time looking for mats, and the best ones I found were actually at Sams club of all places. Sams has these all weather mats that are gray and went well with my gray leather seats. You can cut them to fit the floor and they actually fit good under the two outside seats in the second row as well. The mats fit very well with the front seats too. The mats are made by Kraco and I found them at Sams. They are heavy thick rubber mats that are good for retaining dirt, snowmelt, and water. I also found some good long rectangular runner mats that fit very well with the third row floor and also fit very well across the back stgrage area. These are rubber as well. I found these runners at Walmart. (I swear I am not a Sams/Walmart saleman--this just where I found the mats.) I do not know about pulling the logos off the back.
  • sirrafsirraf Member Posts: 55
    We purchased the cargo mats, instead of the carpet mats, from Toyota for the Sequoia and they not only look great but are also made for the vehicle. The rear mat comes in two sections for when you have the 3rd row up.

Before you purchase the mats take a look at the Toyota mats.
  • alman62alman62 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Limited Sequoia, and from the time I bought it the GPS has not worked correctly. For example, I sit in my home town and do search for Walmart, Lowes etc..and it gives me locations hundreds of miles away. Has anyone else had this issue. Also, in directing me to destinations, the GPS wants to take me off on side roads instead of keeping me on the most direct Interstates. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Are you sure you are set to the right area? My wife's highlander was set to the wrong region and all our locations came up miles away. We set it to our correct area and it fixed the issue.
  • hdfatboyhdfatboy Member Posts: 324
    "I have a 2008 Limited Sequoia, and from the time I bought it the GPS has not worked correctly. For example, I sit in my home town and do search for Walmart, Lowes etc..and it gives me locations hundreds of miles away. Has anyone else had this issue. Also, in directing me to destinations, the GPS wants to take me off on side roads instead of keeping me on the most direct Interstates. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. "

Yes, I've had the same issue. Its actually rather simple...at least with the examples you've give. In the Toyota GPS database some Walmart locations are spelled as a single word (Walmart) and other locations are spelled with a hyphen (Wal-mart). Some Lowes are spelled with the s some are not. Try it both ways and you're likely to find the one in your neighborhood.
  • rivhernrivhern Member Posts: 3
    Nice looking Sequoia! Black/Red Rock is my favorite color combo. I work at the Toyota Vehicle Distribution Center in Indiana. I drive Sequoia's everyday, and intall accessories on them also. I am glad you enjoy your vehicle. It makes my job worth while :-)
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    Are you at the port? or the factory itself? How's the slowdown on production affecting you? I hope you are doing well. Keep up the good work on the Sequoia. You build them and I sell them. :shades:
  • lou88lou88 Member Posts: 12
    I bought a SR5 Sequoia without factory/port installed sonar in NJ.
    I asked the salesperson to add the sonar system as DIO option, but he told me that the sonar system can only be installed in factory or port, not in dealership. I went to another Toyota dealership this weekend.... I was told only back sonar can be installed in his dealership and it costs $500....I am not sure if it is Toyota brand or aftermarket.... what's impact to the warranty if the sonar system is aftermarket..??

Any information is appreciated.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    You will usually find the warranty information included with your aftermarket owner's manual. Most cases the installing dealer will warrant the product for whatever period that is offered. Seems a lot of dealers prefer aftermarket as there is more profit in it for them.
  • patsfan3patsfan3 Member Posts: 6
    My kids were trying to play their PS2 on the DVD player in my 08 Sequoia. It seemed that everything was plugged in correctly, but they couldn't get it to play. Does anyone know if it's possible to use a gaming system w/ the factory installed DVD?
  • highlander7highlander7 Member Posts: 177
    Have owned the Platinum going on 3 month’s and have not been disappointed. My wife appreciates the ride and comfort of this truck vs. her RX-330 or my former 4-Runner that this truck replaced. 2958 miles of everyday driving, occasional trips to the Jersey shore and for the past two weeks, vacationing in the mountains of New Hampshire.

Trip from Southern New Jersey to New Hampshire: Our overall average fuel mileage to and from New Hampshire was 16.8 mpg driving 1392 miles on this trip. This includes two rides up Mt Washington, bumper to bumper traffic jams in North Conway, NH, winding mountains roads, 75 – 80 mph driving on the NY State Thruway and NJ Turnpike. Actual mileage on trip back to Southern Jersey was 18.9. After the Sequoia is broken in this may improve a little. And driving at 65 – 70 would no doubt help, maybe increase to about 20-21 on non-stop interstate driving. With gas prices in our area for Sunoco at $3.47, the discount stations at $3.42, and falling fast, it is easing the pain of the $4.00 plus prices of a few weeks ago. If this price drop continues, maybe these big trucks will start selling again? Does not matter to us, we bought when gas prices were high because we need this type vehicle and believe it is the best vs. the competition.

No real complaints at all. Dynamic Laser Cruise is probably the one option I should have considered, for highway driving it is very helpful. And rain sensitive wipers and more positions for the passenger seat would improve the Platinum. Other than these items, this is an amazing truck. My 2002 and 2004 4-Runner’s were great vehicles, still are. The Sequoia, for us, is perfect!

For the folks considering this truck: The discounts and 0% financing may not be available much longer so if you are seriously considering, this may be the time to purchase. And these incentives (just a guess) may only apply to the 2008 inventory so if you are looking for a particular model and color options, these very well may become more limited as it gets closer to the 2009 model change. Doubt there will be any change.
  • samcemsamcem Member Posts: 5
    There is a button by the driver's knees that turns on and off the AC outlet in the back. Could it be off?
    Here's my recent real world evaluation of the towing capabilities of my 08 4x4 Platinum Sequoia. I have 7500 miles on my Black/Red Rock interior Seq and recently returned from vacation after towing a 7500+# boat with 6 passengers and gear over 600 miles. I thought I'd share a few "revelations" from this towing experience.

Some background: I've taken this same vacation for the past 20 years to a large lake in central PA towing a boat and passengers with various tow vehicles. All of the previous vehicles (3) were variations of the Suburban. The first 2 were 4x4 2500 Subs with 454 engines. In 2007 it was an AWD Denali XL with a 6.0L engine. These vehicles stowed alot of gear inside and were reasonably comfortable tow vehicles on my past trips and therefore I thought this year's trip over the same roads with the heaviest tow load I've ever had was quite a challenge for my new 08 Plat Sequoia.

There's a major mountain grade of over a mile located off the PA TP that has always been my nemesis in past trips. There were times in the older Subs that to make the trip up this grade I would have to floor the throttle and sometimes even turn the heat on iniside in order to keep the engine temp cool. Even with the throttle floored I could never make it above 35mph up this grade while towing my boat.

In the DXL, the engine maintained its temp, even with the AC on, however it would never make this grade at speeds above 38mph with the throttle floored.

As you might imagine I approached this same grade this year with some fear. I had 6 adult passengers and a fair amount of gear on board the Seq plus a boat in-tow loaded with vacation "stuff" that I'm confident weighed more than 7500#s. Could have been over 8000#s.

The trip up the grade in the Seq was quite a shock and also an uneventful experience. I was able to climb this grade at 60+mph and never even used the full throttle. Had I used full throttle, it would have "yanked" my boat and all its contents over this 1 mile mountain road at well over 70mph. Simply unbelievable! I'm sure the 6sp tranny was a big contributor however the 5.7 felt like a turbo Cummins climbing this grade.

Imagine...this was with six adult passengers, AC blasting, 28" boat loaded to the hilt with vacation stuff, adj suspension set to sport and the Seq didn't break a sweat. Neither the trans or engine temp moved a single notch and it was a relatively hot day at over 90 degrees.

Gas mileage over the trip was around 8-9 mph with regular gas. Comfort was incomparable to the GM Subs when it came to 2nd and 3rd row legroom. The Sequoia gave up storage behind the 3rd row to my DXL however the sliding 2nd row seats and reclining seats in both the 2nd and 3rd rows of the Seq made the Sub platforms feel like the passengers were driving in a Geo Metro by comparison.

The only negative issue experienced on the trip was a rather odd one. Essentially while heading out, my wife went to insert a different CD into the 4CD player. Inadvertently she pressed the button to eject the DVD map instead of one of the CD slots. The map ejected and when she pushed it back in, it didn’t seem to be recognized by the GPS unit because I lost all use on the GPS. The map disc could no longer be ejected and couldn't be reached with fingertips.

I stopped at a local Toyo dealer on the way out and they tried to get the unit to spit the Map disk out. No good. They disconnected the battery to see if that would allow the unit to eject the map disk. No good. After disconnecting the battery, the screen would no longer flip out so I couldn’t even access the CD disks. Now there was no function of the audio, GPS or BT phone capabilities. The dealer felt the entire GPS unit may have “fragged” itself and that a new unit would need to be installed. Of course I was bummed but we continued on with the trip (w/o music or GPS). Tried multiple times the rest of the outgoing trip to reset the unit or eject the map disc. No good.

Good news ending to this story. Woke up the next morning. Started the vehicle. Pressed the button to load a disc. The screen flipped and automatically ejected the map disc. I reinserted the disc. The system reloaded the GPS data. And everything was working fine including all of my saved data such as Favs and phones numbers. Everything has worked fine since.

Only conclusion I’ve been able to reach is that the system was confused by the map disc possibly being partially inserted and that the system went into some sort of timeout period that must be passed before the system reboots itself. That period of time was overnight. Of course it could have simply been my wife's fault (she now swears she'll never touch the GPS again). If others have a different conclusion, please feel free to share.
  • shooter6shooter6 Member Posts: 6
    We are currently looking at the 08 Sequoia Ltd and we are not sure whether to buy or lease. The 0% is very attractive, but do I want to own this car after 3 years? Hard to say where the hybrid (or other alternatives) are going to be at that point. If the alternatives get better and fuel cost remain high, I may be looking to get out of the car and not worry about the trade-in value. At least I know what the residual value is on the lease, I have no idea what it will be worth in 3+ years.

We are getting lease prices on a 54K car of $787 and we can finance 100% @ 0% for $833 over 60 mos. I'm leaning towards leasing.

Any advice?
  • jason973jason973 Member Posts: 7
    I had the same dilemma and I ended up financing. When I started shopping lease prices in June, the payment was $666.00 with $2500 down. The same Limited you are looking at with Nav and DVD. When it came time to pull the trigger in late July , I received a quote of $800. I then heard the news that many of the manufacturers have cancelled their lease programs on large SUV's because they can't estimate residual values because of the variables that affect the price of gas. I can understand that.
    I figured for less than $100 more, I can get something for my money. No one knows what the car will be worth in 4 years, but it won't be nothing. I also don't put many miles on the car commuting, so the price of gas does not affect me so much. I know that if you are like me, you don't like to keep a car longer than 3 years. I just hope I will have a little equity in the car at the end of 3-4 years, and if not, I will keep it a little longer.

Good luck either way. It is a fantastic SUV.
  • rtribblertribble Member Posts: 45
    We've had our Sequoia for 7 months now and love it except for it's navigation system. It seems to do OK in big cities and the main highways but gets lost almost every time we leave the main roadways onto side roads even though they are on the map.
    We live in a small town of about 30,000 and the map has most of our roads on it but almost every time we go into town the navigation system will get lost before we get back home. We have it set to the correct zone but it makes no difference.
    It's not as bad in bigger cities or on major highways as long as we stay on them but the navigation will still get lost on some side roads.
    It is very frustrating when it happens because you have to stop the car to re-calibrate it and if you are lost and don't know your EXACT location you can't re-set it to your location.
    What good is a navigation system if it consistently gets you lost and it can't find out where you are unless you know you're exact location which is highly unlikely if your lost to start with, after all thats why you bought the navigation system to start with.
    As it is this navigation system is completely useless.
    Do you all think my navigation system is defective or is it "normal" for it to get lost so easily?
    I will admit that I don't know that much about navigation systems but I've read the manual several times and can't find where I might be doing something wrong.
    Is there some way, other than setting the correct zone, that you can configure the navigation system to be more sensitive to your position?
    It just doesn't seem right for it to get lost that easily.
  • ratomlinsonratomlinson Member Posts: 26
    I feel that the bass/subwoofer is not as strong as I would like in this vehicle. I have the bass adjustment all the way up. Is there any other configuration to turn the subwoofer on/off? I am a hoping that I am missing something and that there's something else I can do to get more bass.

I have a 2005 Honda Element and the subwoofer in that car blows this one away. I traded a 1994 Lexus GS300 and the subwoofer in that car also blew this one away.
  • 3rd4rnnr3rd4rnnr Member Posts: 67
    Hi hdfatboy - long time. Thanks for your trip story. I have 19,000 miles on mine due in large part to several long trips and a 80 mile daily round trip commute. You have always provided the best info for me - so here is another question.... once in a while my power side mirrors stop mid-fold. Have you ever had this happen ? After re-pressing switch sometimes it picks back up, but other it is several minutes later. Also, do you know if it can mess it up if you manually fold the mirror ? I don't do this but a friend did before he parked next to me. It didn't seem to effect operation but don't know how these things work. Any help would be great.
    Hi 3rd4rnnr....Shouldn't be a problem to manually fold the mirrors. The design must account for manually folding in the event they are bumped in either direction or manually folded for example at a car wash.

I've never had the mirrors stop midway when using the electric controls other than turning the car ignition off before the mirrors were full (un)folded or accidently re-pressing the mirror fold button midway through the folding process. If I turn the ignition back on, the folding continues from whereever it left off. Same deal for re-pressing the mirror folding button. I've never had the mirrors stop folding or unfolding midway in any other instance than these 2.
  • shark715shark715 Member Posts: 382
    What would you guess the tongue weight of your boat trailer was? Did the air suspension do a good job of keeping the truck level, or did the rear suspension sag?
    "What would you guess the tongue weight of your boat trailer was? Did the air suspension do a good job of keeping the truck level, or did the rear suspension sag?"

I'm not sure on the tongue weight although my guess is between 600-750 lbs when fully loaded for my recent vacation (8-12% of my tow wieght). The rear suspension was perfectly level and maintained its level position during the entire vacation. The rear leveling system was unphased by the load including 6 passengers, gear in the back and towing a 7500-8000 lb load. It maintained its level load with the auto system and maintained it better than my previous Denali XL.

Plus with the manual controls, I can raise and lower the rear suspension from the dash to hook up my trailer. This is a feature everyone with a trailer will want.

Lower the suspension first...backup the trailer using the rear camera until the tow ball is directly under the hitch...raise the rear suspension up to insert the ball into the hitch. Works like magic.
    Thanks Hdfatboy, sounds awesome...
  • tommyc6tommyc6 Member Posts: 11
    Hi,

We are looking at buying a 2008 Limited, I'm hearing that prices should be dropping after Labor Day, so I'm gambling that they will. In the mean time, I have a question for Sequoia owners. Regarding the DVD player, does the wireless remote work from the front seat or only from the back? Also, regarding the fuel door, I noticed when we test drove it that the door does not lock...this makes me nervous with the high gas prices! I did some research and found that there's such a thing as a locking gas cap that requires a key to unlock, I definetly will be getting one of them, they cost about $20.

Thanks in advance, Tom
  • rgalantergalante Member Posts: 1
    I just got a 08 Sequoia and wanted to add the sonar and found your post. I was wondering where you purchased the sonar from(aftermarket or toyota) and are you happy with the final product. Thanks Bob
  • trebor129trebor129 Member Posts: 176
    Google the name in the photo. I forget where I got it. It pretty much works but I don't like how I cannot turn it off like in my Honda. If you tow a boat you want it off. And it does not seem as reliable as a factory system. Get a factory system if you can. This is probably better than nothing.
  • tee gotee go Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2008 Sequoia Limited and found out yesterday that my front defroster doesn't really work on the passenger's side. When I looked at the vents on the top of the dash I realized that they stop about 4 inches from the end of the track and don't extend all the way to the passenger's side window. Is this normal? I can't imagine why that they wouldn't put vents all the way across the front window. Even my '04 Hoda Pilot has them.
    Someone please let me know if my vehicle has a defect or if this is normal.
    Thanks!
  • xierxier Member Posts: 99
    Remote works from the front - although I can not for the life of me figure out how to restart a move for the kids after it has completed... one would think MENU/Main- Start would work not so much. Just got the Platinum so probably just need some more time futzing with it.

With regards to the locking gas cap - I recall reading a post saying someone purchased an aftermarket locking cap and it would not allow the door to close - so you might need to try a few different versions.

Wisdom would tell you that as we get closer to 09 the 08's will come down in price - as it sits the deals are pretty GREAT - especially if you factor in zero for 60. Best of luck.
  • luke150luke150 Member Posts: 16
    Toyota will likely continue to offer substantial incentives on the 2009 model. I am waiting for the 2009 to hit the dealer inventory.
    That's only if there is in fact a 2009 Model :-)
  • mittie1mittie1 Member Posts: 11
    I recently saw a Limited with the Molded Dash and it looked really very good. I always thought that this would make the Sequoia look cheap and it wouldn't add a thing; I was wrong. The Molded Dash is made by Superior Dash and according to their web site there are lots of options for the Sequoia. They have both the simulated and wood applique' and lots of other types of dashes that I would not have an interest in.

I was wondering if anyone has purchased one of these dashes and if so was it difficult to install. Also, were you pleased with the product and do you have any advice.

If anyone has tried another dash applique' please share your experience with us.
  • luke150luke150 Member Posts: 16
    I would hate to think what would happen to resale value if Toyota doesn't continue with the Sequoia. Does anyone know when the 2009 model is due at the dealers?
    Luke, you need not worry about Toyota cancelling the Sequoia anytime soon. Although sales are well off what was planned, monthly sales are still way ahead of the old model one year ago. Also, they have a huge fixed development investment that they would not walk away from yet. I'm curious why you think that if Toyota dropped the Sequoia for 2009 that the resale value of the 2008 models would be hurt. I would expect the effect to be the opposite. As there is still a demand for the model (albeit lower than planned), some of the shoppers who would have bought the 2009 model would consider 2008 used units instead. Do you think potential used 2008 buyers would care whether or not there was going to be a 2009 model?
    I agree with Luke - Toyota will come out with a 09 Sequoia. I'm sure they would like to delay it a bit but it will eventually come out - no question. On the other hand I would not be unhappy if it did not come out because I already got mine :-). Depending on how successful the Tahoe Hybrid is - one would think we may see a Hybrid version of the Sequoia before its model is up (4 years away possibly....)
    Off all the features on my 08 Platinum I think Sonar is one of the least that I want/use... I have a bike rack on the back of my Sequoia so the sensors in the back are useless -- and I find the front ones are annoying when going through fast food lines etc... - I usually turn them off at this point - and then when I really want to use it I realize it's off... With dealer installed you have a switch on the dash to turn/off on but again I would not bother adding - Just my 2 Cents.
  • dyangdyang Member Posts: 4
    Folks,
    I just purchased a SR5 4x4 and drove for about 135 miles (local and Highway mix). The Accessory meter keeps showing 10.4 MPG. Is this display accurate? I see some posts here for 18 or 19 MPG. Is anything wrong with my new car? Appreciated if you can share some experience with me.

thanks
    Anyone else completely unhappy with the Nav system in the new Toyotas? We have a 08 Sequoia and an 08 Highlander and both have the same crappy NAV system.

My local dealer agrees that it sucks and that a $150 Garmin or Tom Tom will beat it any day. After spending this much on 2 systems, I am fed up. The local dealer is pointing me to the "Toyota Experience" phone number to log a complaint, but I wanted to check here too. Anyone else feel the same? If so, I think we should get a group together to formally log a complaint. My dealer says that Toyots is investigating other companies and might be releasing an upgrade for these systems in the future. I would like to get numbers to Toyota to help them understnad the frustration we have with this system and the completely bad satisfaction ratings it will cause.

Chris
    I agree that the 08 Sequoia Nav is really awful however there is a work around that has been very effective for me. Here's my post that addresses how I "corrected" the Toyota unit http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0eb93b/1578!keywords=allin%3Amsgt- ext%20spg#1578.

Another step we could all take is to contact the Toyota Consumer line and ask them to pass on a message to their corporate lawyers...namely the same laywers that forced the designers to deactivate most of the functions of the Nav unit while underway.

The message is that Toyota will be on the top of the list of those to be sued should your vehicle be struck while being safely stopped on the side of a road in order to input a destination or some other entry in compliance with the use of their Nav unit. I suspect with enough feedback from 08 Sequoia Consumers, the lawyers might reconsider their position on deactivating the Nav unit while underway.
  • rtribblertribble Member Posts: 45
    I too have been having problems with my new Sequoia's Nav system constantly geting lost for no apparent reason.
    I've complained about it on this site before but received no responses.
    When I mentioned this to my service rep he looked at me like I was crazy and said he had not heard of this before and questioned if I was programing it correctly, right zone etc.
    There is little question that you would do much better getting a much cheaper after market nav system.
    Thanks. However, thats not what I am talking about. I understand the legal issues and know why they don't let you adjust while driving. I can work around that with the local stereo install shop.

What I am talking about it the horribly written software and out of date maps. The software engine picks terrible routes and does not have many of the roads around me that have been there for 3 - 4 years. Paying 2K for a Nav unit and then finding out a $150 Nuvi or Tom Tom can get you there better is not a good feeling.
  • donnydjrdonnydjr Member Posts: 8
    Totally agreed... the Sequoia Nav system is terrible - both from a GUI and functional standpoint, the audio/video system integration is equally horrible, and the rear AC control is not well designed either. My previous vehicle (a 2005 Odyssey) blows away the Sequoia in all of these areas. So glad I didn't get a new Land Cruiser or LX, as I'm sure that they're just as bad as the Sequoia in this department.

I have a long list of issues if anyone has a good phone number or contact at Toyota to complain to...

Don D.
  • luvmy4runnerluvmy4runner Member Posts: 59
    well that's how these dealers work...they suck you in on stuff you don't really need or could get cheaper...If i ever get a Sequoia, i'll remember not to buy their NAV
    What rear AC issue do you have?

NAV - I'm only on fill up #3 for my Platinum so have not used Nav too much but so far it works like ones in my other cars (ML, BMW etc...) One thing that is annoying is that I have to tell it what "CITY" I'm in.... this is new and I assumed there must be a work-around for this - again just got the Seq so figured in time this would sort itself out. On another occasion an address I was looking for did not come up on the NAV - but this happens from time to time on my garmen's etc...

Audio Video - what kind of integration are you looking for/missing?
  • spheresphere Member Posts: 8
    Motor Trend:

0-60 @ 6.2 sec

1/4 mile @ 14.7 sec

139Ft braking 60-0

0.72G lat. acceleration (second to Armada)

1800rpm at 60mph.

http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/suv/163_0806_fullsize_suv_comparison/specs_p- ricing.html
  • saramaddiesaramaddie Member Posts: 19
    Does anyone have any experience with a toyota installed xm unit on their 2008 sequoia? Does it display the typical information eg. artist, station, name of song etc.? Where is the antenna mounted? Does the antenna color match the car color or is it the standard black?
  • seq4lifeseq4life Member Posts: 7
    i have the system all the hardware is hidden under dash...really cool system and yes it was installed by toyota
  • wbenderwbender Member Posts: 3
    I have the dealer installed XM which I assume is the standard Toyo issue. The antenna is the standard black, mounted permanently by the front driver's side roof rack rail. I actually had a rather hard time finding it as it really is hardly noticeable. No issue for car wash and can't be seen by normal height individuals.

The unit has three screens of XM stations which can be set. In other words, pressing the mode button gives you 1 screen of AM stations, 2 screens of FM, 3 screens of XM stations and the disc player. All the usual info is available but you have to hit the audio button to see it. I can't seem to figure out how to make the Nav disappear and just keep the audio info. It times out rapidly to the Nav screen after pushing the audio button.

Sound is great through the Plat audio system. I am disappointed by the Nav as are others as it is much less intuitive and easy to operate than any other implementation that I have used in other vehicles.