Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Toyota Sequoia

Comments

• kcockcoc Member Posts: 10
    No prices. Dealer printed off sheets showing standard equipment and options for each of the three trim levels. Small print showed info was as of July/07 and stated it could be changed at anytime.
  • petro33petro33 Member Posts: 192
    I talked with a toyota dealer here in Folsom over the weekend about the '08 seq and what they had heard. He only kenw that the word they got was to expect them sometine in December. He knew nothing about the new trim level but did say they ahd offered that type of level on Avalons in the past. He thought that with that level trim it would be too close to a land Cruser and hurt those sales.
  • toycpl03toycpl03 Member Posts: 2
    Do you have the sheets that the dealer printed off for you available for sharing? That would be great. Any idea if the second row capatin seats are going to be an option? Hopefully this time without the horrible wood trim included in the "luxury" package in the current model.
    Yes, I have the sheets and am willing to share any of info on them. Shows second row captain seats only on Platinum model. Mentions woodgrain trim for Limited and Platinum models. Metalic dash accents on SR5 model. Interior chrome trim and chrome inner door handles for the Limited. Option Package B for Limited includes auto tilt w/ memory, rear seat DVD, driver's seat w/ memory system and mirrors linked to seat memory. Platinum rear suspension: indepentent double wishbone, adaptive variable rear suspension (AVS), load levelling rear air suspension. Most dimensions are TBD. Any other questions?
  • brspottsbrspotts Member Posts: 6
    I went to the dealership yesterday, and actual drove the Tundra CrewMax with the 5.7V8 6 speed variable transmission that will be in the 2008 Sequoia. They told me that orders can be taken in November, and production will start at that point. It will also be bigger. The Tundra could not fit into our garage, but I currently assuming the Sequoia to be shorter, so hopefully it will fit. Any, way the new engine is smooth and quiet, and gets better gas mileage than the current Sequoias.
  • paw1521paw1521 Member Posts: 1
    Do you know whether or not the power folding third row of seats will fold flat as in the Expedition? Thanks.
  • sirrafsirraf Member Posts: 55
    Check out the spy photo and video which shows a power flat fold down seat.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=122007?imw=Y)
    Yes the third row folds flat in all models. SR5 - manual. Limited & Platinum are powered. Described as follows: power folding (flat) 3rd row seat, 50/50 split rear bench seat, recline, split and stow 3rd row.
  • toycpl03toycpl03 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. Is there any way you can scan and e-mail them to toycpl03@gci.net? Thank a bunch!
  • juddsonrjuddsonr Member Posts: 15
    Does any of the info reveal whether xenon or hid lights will be offered on any of the models?
  • juddsonrjuddsonr Member Posts: 15
    also, what about keyless entry and ignition?
    All models to have reflector style, halogen headlamps. No mention of an option for xenon or hid lights. Limited & Platinum have 'Light Control System'(?). All models have headlamp washers and fog lamps. I do not have access to a scanner. Platinum has Red Rock interior available w/ several exterior colors.
    All models have keyless enty. Nothing indicated about ignition.
  • tommytgtommytg Member Posts: 15
    Kcoc, a few more questions on the Ltd vs. Platinum:

-can you get the Platinum level with a 2nd row bench?

-it looks as though you can get the Platinum level w/o rear dvd, correct?

We need a 2nd row bench for the kids, and I prefer installing aftermarket rear video in the headrests. I'm not a fan of the ones dropping from the ceiling.
    My info shows the Platinum w/ captain seats standard for the middle row. No indication if the bench seat is optional. SR5 & Limited has second row bench as standard. Also the rear dvd is part of option package B for Limited and standard equipment for Platinum. Please keep in mind the info I have shows an effective date of July 20/07 and appears to allow dealers to respond w/ comments and/or concerns about this product. Hope this info helps.
    Very helpful, especially as it's the only info I've seen whatsoever on the '08's, besides the few spy pics and video that are out there.

My wife and I are right now trying to decide whether or not to pick up on '07 denali xl, or hold out to see what the sequoia's about. we really like the denali, and i hear that they may be offering 0% interest on the remaining '07's as early as next week, which makes it a tough decision. But, the Toyota does seem to have all of the options I like best about the Denali (6 speed tranny, plenty of hp & torque for towing), plus the things that are lacking (independent rear suspension, fold flat 3rd row, bluetooth).

Leaning towards waiting for the Toyota...
  • daallisodaalliso Member Posts: 16
    I see where the Toyota web site now has some info on the 2008 Land Cruiser. I would think some of the specs will be the same for the 2008 Sequoia.

Maybe they will post the new Sequoia soon..... :)
    We are also waiting to see the new Sequoia. Presently have an 03. We like the looks of the Denali XL but the rear doors are very small and even though it is bigger than the present Sequoia the rear seat does not seem to be as usable. Have narrowed it down to the Sequoia or a Mercedes GL320 CDI.
  • regrahamregraham Member Posts: 26
    My wife and I are considering an '08 Sequoia w/ Platinum pkg. I have received the 7/20/07 info from the dealer but am frustrated by the arbitrary color and option choices they indicate will be available. First of all we wanted the Desert Sand Mica exterior w/ Sand Beige interior. It was available in '07, but not on the '08. OK, 2nd choice is either Arctic Frost Pearl or Black with the Sand Beige interior. That color combination is available in the Limited, but not the Platinum, only Graphite and Red Rock. I have seen the Red Rock in a Tundra and it is "orange UGLY". As all 3 interior colors are available with some colors, why not let the consumer have a choice of 3?
    Also, I would prefer the 2nd row bench seat. Why not offer it as a (credit) option with the Platinum interior?
    I am from Canada and I hope that now that the Canadian dollar has reached parity with the US dollar, the Canadian pricing will be comparable, rather than being $10 - 15,000 dollars more. Not fair if that is not the case as the vehicles are virtually the same, other than perhaps DRL (daylight running lights) and a speedometer in kms.
    I hope Toyota execs read this Forum and take our suggestions/wants into consideration.
  • lawrdent1lawrdent1 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know when they suvs are coming to the market. I am very dissappointed with no bench row, since we are having another child and makes life easier...Looking at denali as well and tired of not getting any answers from my dealer
  • gananganan Member Posts: 20
    Is there any confirmation that the second and third row seats will fold flat and if so, how much inside height would be lost compared to current models.

When traveling, I put a couple of bikes, standing up, inside my current Sequoia (with third seat removed and second seat folded up)and would like fold flat seats but am concerned that a loss of inside height might prevent me from putting bikes inside.
    Yes, it has definitely been confirmed, with photos, and the fact that it's widely known that the truck will have an independent rear susupension...that's the key to the fold flat third row.
  • luvmy4runnerluvmy4runner Member Posts: 59
    They are going to show the new '08/'09 Sequoia at the LA Auto Show in December. Expect them to go on sale early spring '08. At least that is what I have heard. When I go, I will be sure to take some photos and I will post them on here for everybody to see. :)
  • baseballmom97baseballmom97 Member Posts: 101
    Does anyone have any idea how much bigger the '08 Sequoia will be? I know it's supposed to be based on the Tundra.

Will it be a lot longer and wider than the current model Sequoia? I have an '04 Sequoia and the size is perfect.
    I think Toyota is making a big mistake if they make this a Suburban size vehicle without offering a shorter version.

My lease is up in December on my '04 and I don't know whether to go for a 2007 model that will soon be outdated or wait to see the 2008 which will likely be too big for my needs.

I looked at a GMC Acadia today hoping that this would be the perfect car but it sure seems like a difference from the Sequoia.
  • luvmy4runnerluvmy4runner Member Posts: 59
    hate to disappoint you but it's going to be bigger..from the pictures i've seen it will be between a chevy tahoe and suburban..and there will be a hybrid model.
  • 4rider4rider Member Posts: 96
    It is probably similar to the Armada
  • hazukihazuki Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, but I've been eagerly anticipating the release of the new model Sequoia, myself. I've been waiting until its release to decide between it and the LX470. (huge price point discrepancy, but I'll be deciding between a used LX470 and a brand new Sequoia.) I'm not quite sure if pictures have been posted yet, but I have disguised pictures of the '08 model. They're watermarked, so I can't post them directly on this site. If anyone is interested, I can email the pictures. Hazuki78728@yahoo.com
  • jcrew912jcrew912 Member Posts: 1
    Kcoc, Thanks much for very useful info on 08 Sequoia. Would you please email me the fact sheet you obtained from the dealer? my email is younglee63@gmail.com. thanks again!
  • dessistyledessistyle Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know when the Hybrid version of the Sequoia will be coming out. I spoke to a dealer in my area (sacramento) and they had no clue other than the updated version of the Sequoia will be out first week of December.
  • gc1959gc1959 Member Posts: 1
    Hi could you send the sheets to me at gclutts@aol.com

Thank you
  • baseballmom97baseballmom97 Member Posts: 101
    Apparently, Toyota is not too worried about getting people psyched up for the new 2008 Sequoia model. I called my local dealer last night and spoke to a salesperson and he said he has heard nothing about production dates etc., dimensions, pricing, etc. for the 2008 Sequoia.

He said that all he knew is that the front will look like a Tundra.

I cannot believe that they're not trying to get these out on the dealership lots before the end of the year.
  • jspagna1jspagna1 Member Posts: 34
    I currently have a 1997 4Runner and was waiting for the release of the 08 Sequoia. I like the size & looks of the current model,but I do not like the fact that the rear/3rd row seats do not fold flat. Now looking at the 08 model, man that truck is huge. I really want to stay away from buying American, but the GMC Arcadia/Buick Enclave are looking better & better.
  • djk5djk5 Member Posts: 3
    So it appears that you can only get the 2nd row captain chairs with the platinum?

And do the 2nd row captain chairs fold flat into the floor?

I would love to see the sheets on these, because I am confused as to why the three levels of truck?

It would seem that the platinum would compete with the land cruiser and/or lexus trucks. what is the point in creating more competition amongst your own products?
  • snw1975snw1975 Member Posts: 16
    Does anyone know anything about pricing? I would really like to know if the 2008 Sequoia's are going to be really pricey and if so I'd like to take advantage of Chevy's truck days and 0% on a Suburban.

Getting really tired of waiting here in NC!! :mad:
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    If you like the Sequoia, they can be had for way below invoice right now. My loaded Limited listed for almost $52k. We got it for $41k and change. The 2007 is the end of the model run and should have the bugs worked out. With Toyota's recent problems I would not want one of their first year models. They are not as big as a Suburban. I had a Suburban for 7 years and loved it. So you do have some choices in big rigs right now. Beat em down to nothing on whatever you buy. And good luck.

Also Welcome to the FORUM!!
    Thanks! I have been reading a while and finally decided to post.

The main reason I was asking is I know I could get a steal on a suburban right now and as you said beat them down to nothing! so if the new Seqouia is going to be $55k plus I might go the way of the Suburban.
  • petro33petro33 Member Posts: 192
    One comment on first year models. Most of the engine transimmison and suspension and cabin set up is in place this year in the new tundra. So it is going through one year of "testing" before going into the seq. The new seq will be "almost" surburban size. Plus based on how tundras are selling and the price of this first year makeover, they are offering steep discounts. I suspect it all has to do with the drying up market for big size and power SUVs.
  • lmaddielmaddie Member Posts: 4
    hello kcoc,

I have been reading this forum for awhile because I am also waiting on the 08 Sequoia to come out. Did you have some info on it. Anything you may have I would appreciate. Any new word on when we may see the new Sequoia in a showroom. I am in Southeast Texas.

Thanks,

Lane
  • daallisodaalliso Member Posts: 16
    I think maybe we'll see something in a few weeks. I heard it's supposed to debut at the LA Autoshow next month.

http://www.laautoshow.com

It says to check back after Press Days, Nov. 14-15, to see the debuts unveiled at the show.
    If you need the additional size and towing capability it may be worth the wait. I think you are right about the discounts shortly after the dust settles. I think it will be the first of the year before we see them at dealers. If the back seat is as roomy as the CrewMax it will be a good passenger hauler. Hopefully they improve the NAV on the 2008 model. The one in my Limited is just that very LIMITED as to capability. NO XM is killing me.
  • curtcfcurtcf Member Posts: 4
    I was interested to know if you would mind forwarding me the data sheets on the '08 Sequioa? We would greatly appreciate it!
    I talked with someone from Southeast Toyota distributors today. He told me the base model new Sequoia would start at $46-$47K and the fully load model would run around $59-$60K.

The first pre-ordered vehicles should hit the lots around Christmas.

I think they will be great, however, I cannot wait another year for the 2008's to get be discounted and pay a reasonable price for them.

I have to get the family something bigger than my current 4 runner.

GOOD LUCK FOLKS! I am going to buy a DEEPLY discounted loaded Suburban LTZ tomorrow for 40,500. I am out!
  • lawrdent1lawrdent1 Member Posts: 2
    If that is what they are going to go for, I can guarentee you that they wont sell that hot. That is about 10k more then what this years model was going for. NO THANKS! I have been a loyal toyota customer but for that price, no offense, I would rather be driving a different auto...I will wait before I purchase my next auto, but if it is anything more then 1 to 3 thousand more then the models of this year they could kiss my [non-permissible content removed]!
  • nedzelnedzel Member Posts: 787
    "He told me the base model new Sequoia would start at $46-$47K and the fully load model would run around $59-$60K."

If they actually set the prices that high, I expect that they'll have big incentives on them within 6 months of release.
  • kiiwiikiiwii Member Posts: 318
    Agree. With $59-60K, you can buy a base Mercedes GL450 at MSRP and still leaves about $5k of change. Both are big SUVs.
  • coupedncalcoupedncal Member Posts: 252
    My instinct tells me this is a case of under promise and over deliver. This price is in Land Cruiser territory.
    It did not take 6 months for big incentives on the Tundra. The new Sequoia will be a new Tundra with a full body. I would look for $4k-$6k below MSRP within weeks of first deliveries. With gas prices high they are not going to sell very fast. If they are ugly they may be even cheaper. It looks like they will be Suburban sized rather than Tahoe/Yukon size.
  • jci1jci1 Member Posts: 34
    It's hard to believe that days before its introduction Toyota hasn't publicized the new model information. The 2009 Corolla info is out but not the 2008 Sequoia???
  • sirrafsirraf Member Posts: 55
    At this point lets hope there is no 2008 and only a 2009 Sequoia...and that it is unveiled at the LA Auto show.