Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Toyota Sequoia

1333435363739»

Comments

• vgermannvgermann Member Posts: 8
    Blown7, did you install yourself? if so, how difficult was it to take dash apart?
  • blown7blown7 Member Posts: 8
    The drivers knee panel is set in place using 2 clips at the top and 2 10mm bolts at the bottom.
    You can see the 10mm bolt on the right side easily.
    Access to the 10mm bolt on the left can be gained by removing the plastic door sill which anchors the kick panel near the e-brake pedal.
    The kick panel is held in place with 3 clips.
    Once the door sill is out of the way, you can slide the kick panel back (toward the back of the vehicle) and to the right to remove it and you'll see the turn signal flasher mounted to the chassis with another 10mm stud/nut.
    Actually you'll be removing a nut from the stud,
    removing the old flasher,
    removing the wire harness,
    connecting the wire harness to the new flasher
    and securing it to the stud with the 10mm nut.

All the rest is reverse order installation.
    Should take 20 minutes tops.
  • bkblakebkblake Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased an 08 Limited. Didn't come with navigation DVD. Have ordered one and will be here in a few days. However, the stereo, dvd, cd player, etc.. won't work. the message on the Nav Screen says, "Please insert Navigation DVD" Is everything tied to the Nav system? Will it work when I get the DVD, or should it work now? Please help. Thanks....
  • algalalgal Member Posts: 3
    I recently purchased a 2008 Platinum Sequoia with approximately 27,400 miles on it. The Dunlop tires on it look really rough and I'm looking to replace them with a good quality 20 inch all terrain tire. I need something that will hold up to a 60 mile/ day work commute, occasional (every other month) trip on a gravel road with a horse trailer in tow, and frequent muddy conditions at our hunting club. I need something safe, rugged enough to deal with the conditions listed above, and yet decent for long commutes. Does such a tire exist without having to pay $250 a pop for a Michelin? I plan on putting this Sequoia to the test and need something that can withstand my weekend warrior tendencies. Suggestions are much apprciated.
  • algalalgal Member Posts: 3
    I forgot to add this question to my previous post....

Does anyone know the recommended time to change the transmission in a 2008 Sequoia? The manual is very vauge and recommends "checking it" several times if you tow with it, but never states a suggested time to change it otherwise. Obviously, I know this will vary depending upon usage type, but I am still a bit shocked that they didnt have a non-towing recommendation to serve as a reference. Mine has roughly around 30,000 on it now and I'm considering having the transmission fluid flushed because I have no clue about how the previous owners used it (bank repo). They didnt keep good records on it in the logbook either. I found some documentation on the Toyota website that indicates that it was serviced, but no evidence of a transmission fluid change.
  • fruitcakefruitcake Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have a link or site where I can get instructions on changing the oil in my 2008 5.7L? I've been told it's simple, but I can't even find where the filter is installed. The Haynes books aren't out for this year, and instructions on the web aren't very detailed. The oil filter is now just the paper filter and not the can version like on my 2002 SR5. Any help would be appreciated.
  • blown7blown7 Member Posts: 8
    I had the same issue...
    2008 CPO Sequoia with nearly gone rubber when I bought it.
    I went for the Michelins.
    It was steep but IMO, well worth the money. I've driven this vehicle to Florida from Philly and from Philly to Pittsburgh many times. Smooth, quiet and excellent in the wet.
    I say, get the Michelins and be done with it.
  • hockey14hockey14 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a used 2008 Sequoia Platinum and so far so good. I want to put winter tires on it and would prefer to have dedicated rims. I inquired with my dealer and he said 20" steel rims are not available. I've asked if the Tundra has steel rims that would fit (since they share the same platform I'm told) and have not heard back. He did quote $100CDN for 18" steel rims.

The vehicle also has the tire pressure monitoring system so I am concerned that the rims would need to be compatible with this. I'm afraid to ask what alloy wheels will cost. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • ebrowniebrowni Member Posts: 2
    I also own a 2008 Sequoia Platinum with the navigation system. I finally gave up and bought a Garmin portable unit. It is a very poorly designed system. My wife's Honda Odyssey van had a factory GPS and it functioned flawlessly, many more addresses included, more user friendly. I went through the frustration you mention for a while and gave up.
  • woody75woody75 Member Posts: 3
    I have owned a 2008 Sequoia for 2 years and noticed a paint blister on the tailgait one year ago. Now I have noticed several more developing. Dealer says it's self inflicted. I do normal driving on paved roads and store in garage. Anybody else have this problem?
  • lindaqlindaq Member Posts: 4
    Woody75: I would like to talk to you about your rust problem. I know they say we shouldn't post our email addresses on here, but I would really like to speak to you at greater length about this. Are you on Facebook by any chance?
  • vgermannvgermann Member Posts: 8
    does anyone know at how many miles you need to change front struts on 2008 Sequoia, i have 123000 already.
    also on the height adjustment feature, i can barely notice a height adjustment everytime i try it, how much is the car supposed to raise and lower?
  • toydawgtoydawg Member Posts: 1
    I have been having issues since day 1 on my 98 Platinum and now want to do something about it. Did you figure out what it was? email me at scott_lester@comcast.net
    Woody have you had rust in any other places on your Sequoia?
    Do you still have this vehicle? I'm interested to know if you have had any more rust issues with it.
    Has anyone had rust problems with their 2008 Sequoia?
    no just the hatch. they offered me a lowball deal and it wasn't worth it to take to small claims so off to the body shop=no car should rust in one year.
    no- rust on the hatch is all thus far
  • cprov23cprov23 Member Posts: 4
  • rtribblertribble Member Posts: 45
    The dealership finnaly solved my navigation problems. When we originaly bought our Sequoia new we had the dealership install a dvd system and they inadvertantly disconected the navigation system durring the instalation.
  • tecdoc1tecdoc1 Member Posts: 2
    The 100,000 mile warranty is on the powertrain only! The batteries aren't powertrain components; although other manufacturers warranty them for longer periods, Hyundai forever!