Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Honda Accord Color Combinations

scarletbeescarletbee Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Honda
I hate it. Does anyone like it at all?

It would have been nice to get the San Marino in the 4 door sedan...

The coupe while nice makes it impossible for me to see the blind spots on the side of the car, therefore a 4 door was my choice...

*SIGH*... I know picking a car on color is bad but once you choose the car, you should be able to choose a color you love...

Comments

• japsjaps Member Posts: 29
    honda is notorious for pathetic color choice. Why cant you get white with black interior? Why that disgusting looking ivory? Why cant the white diamond pearl be offered in all trims? Why oh why does the majority of polished nickle have ivory interiors?. I did a locate in 5 states for a black interior in a coupe. Cant be found.

Very frustrating
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    I agree! Why can't we have the sport red available on all the models, also the Belize Blue pearl. When Honda knows that this car reaches are fairly large market.
    Not just the more conservative types. The diamond pearl would look great too, really what is so special about that paint, that it has to be limited. I really would like to pick a color that looks sporty, and not what everyone else has. If I want more selection, I would have to get the coupe, but I am not sure I want one, due to space.

Belize blue pearl would be very nice on a sedan.
  • SporinSporin Member Posts: 1,066
    My last 2 Hondas were bright red (93 Civic HB, 96 Civic Coupe). Most recently, after 2 silver Mazdas in a rowm I would have LOVED to buy my Accord LX in bright red.

This isn't just a Honda problem though, industry wide color choices are generally bland and blander. look at Audi, they offer something like 6 different versions of silver/grey. It's a bummer really.
    Yes, but its as if, that are thinking they would have to take a big risk if they offered more contemporary colors. RED on my sedan would be AMAZING!!
  • scarletbeescarletbee Member Posts: 2
    I did ask my salesperson who can I complain to about this but he laughed. I was serious....

Oh and the 2 door coupe is nice but NOT the sedan at all..

It's as if when you get to more luxurious cars in a line there is a rule that cars must appeal only to the snobby side of folks and that excludes bright colors,

I AM a bright color person NOT boring black and silver and misty green. I can get that in ANY car..

:P
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    Most '08 V6 colors are "conservative" aiming at 50s' buyers except red and white. They look like color of 3-piece suits those "conservative, established,...buyers" like to wear. The dark leather interior look somewhat sporty.
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    Since it was one of the few EX-L sedan choices with my greatly preferred Ivory interior, we looked at the Basque Pearl Red and my wife said that it looked too Buick-like. Taffeta White gets dirty looking too quickly in the winter. Nighthawk Black Pearl is beautiful, as long as you are a slave to keeping it clean.

Happly, we spotted a Bold Beige Metallic, that has a hint of gold, and we bought it. Beautiful inside and out.
  • foxhoundmefoxhoundme Member Posts: 29
    What is up with the color Polished Metal Metallic? Is this color combination in limited production for a Accord EX-L V6 with navigation and black leather? Dealer claims they have searched throughout the car locator system and this color combination for this car is no where to be found. Has anyone seen this color combination in your area sitting on a car dealers lot? Accord EX-L V6 with navigation, black leather interior and Polished Metal Metalic exterior color.
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    According to Honda's website Polished Metal Metallic is available in all model lines.

http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-sedan/colors.aspx

The Navigation-equipped EX-L in that color ONLY comes with the black leather interior.

http://automobiles.honda.com/tools/build-price/trims.asp?SERIESNAME=Accord+Sedan- - &MODEL=&ECOLOR=&ICOLOR=&YEAR=2008&SERIES=5&Trim=
  • uscratchuscratch Member Posts: 27
    I have a coupe EXL black on black and it is very sharp looking and interior is nice.

I was looking ivory leather first, but when I saw it in person, I didn't like that ivory. It has too much yellowish on it.

Only gripe is that black interior gets dirty so easily. Hope it gets better by summer time.
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    I got the ivory interior because I thought black interior would be too much with the black exterior. I too would have preferred it be a little darker. But as for the dirt, don't worry, from what I have seen so far the ivory interior gets dirty looking so easily too!
  • phantomvphantomv Member Posts: 101
    I have an EXL V-6 Sedan w/o Navi in Polished Metal/Black. Very nice - except for the VCM. Wish I had gotten the 4.
    Can you explain in the 08 VCM forum why you wished you picked the 4cyl? I am curious to know why.
    I picture my next accord black, with black interior. I think that if I was able to get the Honda chrome rims at a decent cost, I would have them installed. That would look awesome with the chrome rims, window tint, and a factory wing spoiler.
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    I think you will have a winner in your hands!
    If I remember correctly, you are looking for a coupe, if so, the spoiler will look cool. I am not sure about a spoiler on the sedan.
  • brando3brando3 Member Posts: 5
    I do like the green accord, but it is until now offered only with all-black interior. All black does not look attractive to me. I hope Honda will offer soon the green Accord with a non-black interior.

I have to say also that I have seen the rear lights of the Japanese "Honda Accord" (Honda Inspire) that look nicer.
  • brando3brando3 Member Posts: 5
    Well I don't understand how you can like all-black interiors at all.... Does it not look like a car that has been set on fire??? Does it not heat up too much in deep summer??? All-black looks ugly to me...
  • sikathenusikathenu Member Posts: 12
    ALL I WANTED WAS A BLACK ON BLACK ACCORD... instead i got the silver with the black interior...the 190hp 4cyl. it took me a while to find a dealer that had it in a 5speed... i realy wanted the black on black with out spending like 500 a month.... 500 a month can get you alot of cars better then an accord..BUT i must say i do love my 2008 accord even if the color is silver!! ;)
This discussion has been closed.