Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan 300zx Modifications

sdemorestsdemorest Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Nissan
I have 1990 300zx with a blown motor non turbo. I purchased a 1994 twin turbo motor really cheap, Is it possible to swap them out. both cars are autos. If so any special things needed ???

Comments

• saul562saul562 Member Posts: 2
    IS THEIR ANY SHIFT KITS FOR MY A/T FOR MY 94 300ZX 2+2 OUT THEIR?
  • saul562saul562 Member Posts: 2
    WOULD IT BE DIFFICULT TO CHANGE MY AUTO TRANNY TO A MANUAL , AND WHAT PARTS SHOULD I GET BESIDES THE TRANNY AND THE ECU ?CAMSHAFTS TOO?
  • darkmanndarkmann Member Posts: 16
    Whay year? If you have a Z31 (84-89), it's a piece of cake. I don't know about the Z32s. I swapped mine (89T) and even wrote a book on the swap. Check out z31.com for details, if it's a Z31.
  • martrusemartruse Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    did you get a response,
    I have a 1994 that I want to swap out, to a turbo
  • battosai15battosai15 Member Posts: 4
    i have a 84 300zx 2+2 vg30e, and i wanna do the vg30et swap is there anything special i need to do to be able to do the swap or is it even possible to acomplish this.
  • battosai15battosai15 Member Posts: 4
    no i havent yet
  • 95convertna95convertna Member Posts: 12
    someone told me that on the manual trans there is a lip that needs to get ground down on the belll housing, and did you get the whole front clip or just the motor? if you didnt get the whole front clip theres alot off stuff you need to get, intercooler, down pipes, manifolds, ecu, intake piping, etc.
  • blacksunshineblacksunshine Member Posts: 2
    IF YOU LIKE FAST NISSANS CHECK OUT BLACKSUNSHINE A 1991 NISSAN 300ZX VETT DRIVE TRAIN.
  • blacksunshineblacksunshine Member Posts: 2
    IS THEIR ANY OTHER V8 CONV TO A NISSAN OUT THEIR?
  • us_soldier89us_soldier89 Member Posts: 1
    My name is steve i have an 87 300zx non turbo whats the cheapest and best way to boost my horse power
This discussion has been closed.