Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saturn Outlook Transmission Problems

Comments

• mngmcarownermngmcarowner Member Posts: 7
    Well it is New Years, and it has been since Thanksgiving since my 2008 Saturn Outlook XR AWD brook down due to transmission problem. I got it fix and it cost me $3,000. That's my kids Christmas present rite there. It is sad that GM wouldn't care or do anything to help. My kids were sad because daddy have to spend $3,000 out of broken dad's pocket to get a GM vehicle fixed. My kids were sad because they did not get anything for Christmas. I had contacted GM by phones, emails, and letters. GM and told me to go screw myself. :cry: :mad:

Well, GM could continue doing what they do best. Turn there back on all of us (GM vehicle owner) or they could start doing something rite now, or end up like TOYOTA.

TOYOTA: Lexus LS400 that, in six separate incidents, accelerated on its own and nearly caused several dangerous rear-end collisions.

2008 Saturn Outlook: Same thing happen to my 2008 Saturn Outlook and I call, email, and letter to GM and they told me is not there problem and not enough complaint out there.

Toyota: but with all the issues we've had with Toyota, I would have liked to see them step forward and do the right thing. So many of the letters we've received say, 'Sorry, it's not our fault, it's yours.' "

GM: Letter and phone call to me, " we are sorry to hear that you are having problem with your GM vehicle but we can't help you at this moment ".

Toyota: Payout from Lawsuite :sick:

GM: Payout from Lawsuite, WHEN? : :sick:
  • ffemt4417ffemt4417 Member Posts: 1
    Please keep me updated. I will sign anything you need to help file a class action. My Saturn outlook has been nothing but problems. My trans slips from time to time and our power steering just went out. Also our nav and DVD player stopped working over a year ago.
  • integrityplzintegrityplz Member Posts: 12
    I have something for all of you to read right on wikipedia look up GM ford trans :cry: mission
  • outlookdriveroutlookdriver Member Posts: 26
    From Wikipedia:
    General Motors and Ford Motor Company cooperated in 2002 to create a new automatic transaxle, designed for transverse engine applications in cars and light trucks. The companies jointly committed to investing US$720 million in their manufacturing plants to support the new transmission.

Each company will name and manufacture the transmission separately:

Ford builds the 6F50 and 6F55 at their Van [non-permissible content removed] Transmission Plant in Sterling Heights, Michigan, and in the future at Sharonville Transmission in Sharonville, Ohio.
    GM builds the 6T70 and 6T75 at Warren Transmission in Warren, Michigan with production starting in July, 2006.[1]

Ford claims the 6F50 is designed to handle 300 hp (224 kW) and 280 ft·lbf (380 N·m), while General Motors rates their 6T70 to 315 hp (235 kW) and 280 lb·ft (380 N·m) and the 6T75 to 315 hp (235 kW) and 300 lb·ft (407 N·m).

Ford appears not to have made a public statement regarding the 6F55's maximum capabilities, but uses it in AWD in the Taurus SHO with an engine rated at 272 kW (370 PS; 365 hp)and 475 N·m (350 lb·ft) of torque (Final drive 2.77:1).

The first application of the technology is in the 2007 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX crossover SUVs, as well as the Saturn Aura sedan and the Saturn Outlook crossover. It was also used for the Pontiac G6 GTP models and the GMC Acadia models for 2007. Prior to 2009, this transmission had issues caused by a very weak 3,5,R wave plate, which made this transmission prone to failure in GM products. Updated wave plates were released for many clutches in 6T70. The old design wave plates weren’t stress relieved and could break with use.
    There are three methods you can use to contact the NHTSA if you suspect a safety-related defect in your vehicle. You can take any (or all) of the following actions:

Call the U.S. Department of Transportation's Vehicle Safety Hotline: (888) 327-4236 or (800) 424-9153, toll free from anywhere in the United States, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands
    Report the issue online at the NHTSA's vehicle safety Web site: http://www.safercar.gov/
    Send a letter via U.S. Mail: U.S. Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Office of Defects Investigation (NVS-210) 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE Washington, DC 20590
    There are three methods you can use to contact the NHTSA if you suspect a safety-related defect in your vehicle. You can take any (or all) of the following actions:

Call the U.S. Department of Transportation's Vehicle Safety Hotline: (888) 327-4236 or (800) 424-9153, toll free from anywhere in the United States, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands
    Report the issue online at the NHTSA's vehicle safety Web site: http://www.safercar.gov/
    Send a letter via U.S. Mail: U.S. Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Office of Defects Investigation (NVS-210) 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE Washington, DC 20590
  • outlook32outlook32 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my Outlook in 2010, second owner. Well my trans went out 3 days ago (61K miles). I called a local shop to inquire about repair and they recommended that I contact GM to see if it would be covered under warranty. Within 40 minutes of talking to GM, they had a roadside service pick up my car and transfered it to the nearest dealer, Advantage Chevy. Luckily I was covered under my powertrain warranty (which by the way expires 5/30/13). 2 days later and a rental car to boot my car is back! The dealer assured me that GM is taking the initiative to fix this problem. They replaced the waveplate and took care of another recall for the headlight harness. I'm very happy with the service GM provided. Hopefully, I will not have anymore horror stories with this car since I have 2 more years to pay it off. Keep your fingers crossed!!!
  • chico53968chico53968 Member Posts: 9
    Well I wish you luck cause that was not the case for me. Transmission went out at 83K and the water pump and power steering. I was 5 mo outside of my warranty and they did nothing. Pretty bad when your dumping thousands of dollars in a car that's not even paid off. ( That doesnt ciunt ghe powertrain leak and recalls its had) My outlook is fully loaded with bells and whistles .... Most money I ever spent on a car and sadly a real disappointing mechanically. New transmissions are only covered a year and its s known issue with this car. Transmission is too small for the weight of this car. I have a year left to pay but I'm dumping it for a Toyota this month. Ill never buy GM again :0( note GM did nothing for me.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    outlook32,
    We're glad to hear that everything has been resolved so well! Take care!

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • frs929frs929 Member Posts: 51
    You were lucky it was still in warranty. Mine was 2 months out and they did NOTHING. You will have more problems I am sure
  • jwilson12jwilson12 Member Posts: 4
    hiya, seems like i'm late to the party. my wife and kids were just out driving with our 07 outlook and the transmission went out on it. reads just like the symptoms i've seen on this thread. wondering what i need to do. we're well under 100k as well. please help.

thank you
    Let GM look at it first. I didnt take it to a dealer and now they say they can't help me because I didn't
    jwilson12,

We're sorry to hear about your transmission! Have you made any progress on this since you posted? If you're planning on working with a dealership, or have any questions about that, please let us know! We can be contacted at [email protected] (include your name, contact information, and the last 8 digits of your VIN with your inquiry).

• br4509br4509 Member Posts: 4
    Yeah send them all your info so they can say, oh sorry we can't help you.

If you can get rid of your saturn do it! The only way you will get anything out of GM is through a lawsuit!

We are still out 2,000.00 because of bad transmission that ALOT of saturn owners have had same problem.
    Sarah

Thanks for your response. The dealer looked at it this over the past two days and is recommending a total replacement of the transmission. His original estimate was between 2800 and 3800 and he's now at 4k or more.

My concern is multifold: this isn't a 'hard miles' situation. We are still at 91k miles and are outside of the warranty period but only since July. If we were outside of the mileage I would understand, but this has been a gently driven car - my wife drives the kids to and from school in it and not much more.

We have had a myriad of problems including the headlight issues and airbag issues. The headlight recall came out after we had replaced both sides multiple times. We have an issue with the airbag but the same dealer refuses to even acknowledge that there is a recall out dealing with that system (Recall 01 - ID # 07V062000 - AIR BAGs:FRONTAL:SENSOR/CONTROL MODULE).

The net is rife with posts about transmission issues. To be honest, the tow truck driver who picked it up identified it as an Outlook and then said 'Transmission go out?' This isn't an uncommon problem and I'm hoping you might be able to help toward a positive resolution. I believe that GM stands behind their products and appreciate whatever help you can be.

Jason

Thanks

Jason
    The dealer looking at ours wants 4k. Maybe you were lucky they only charged you 2k?

I'm hoping they can see reason here. I don't think that's impossible.
    If its out of warranty GM will do nothing. We had 87000 miles were 2 months beyond the 5 yr warranty. They did nothing for us and we paid $3700 to get the transmission fixed. Good luck
    We would be happy to see what we can do, Jason, but I can't promise anything up front. If you haven't already, please email us at [email protected] (include your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and a summary of the situation so far).

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    I had mine go at 83k they did nothing! It's a k own problem as I get a notice everyday from anyone like yourself that posts this issue. The waterpump also was going when they got in their to replace the transmission. GM didn't cover anything for me and my car isn't even paid off for another year. Can't wait to unload it before something else goes. Pretty crappy this is a known issue and GM turns their cheek. BTW mine was 5 mo out if warranty and a new transmission is only covered a year.... Pretty guarantee down the line a new one will go to cause their too
    Small for this car. Goodluck!
  • crewfan20crewfan20 Member Posts: 6
    Good luck with the new transmission if you get it. A new transmission sounds great but if it also has the same problem with the 3-5 waveplate you will be back in the same situation again.

April 2011 I had a new transmission put in my 2008 outlook at 63,000 miles. I thought this would resolve the problem but a year and a half later my transmission went out again. Luckily I was still under the powertrain warranty. This time they didn't give me a new transmission. They fixed the 3-5 wave plate and a couple other things.

New in this case is not always better especially if a new transmission has the same problem as the old and if you are out of the powertrain warranty chances are it won't happen again until after the 12 months 12,000 mile warranty.

I also had airbag issues. I had more error codes than GM specified in their recall and they refused to cover them even though the initial errors caused the other errors. I had to end up paying $1,000 for the airbag repairs.

GM customer service was no help to me at all
  • hagenbhagenb Member Posts: 5
    I bought a 2007 Outlook last February, I absolutely love the vehicle. That said I have had nothing but problems with it. Since February we have had to put all new rotors and brakes (wear and tear I know but shouldn't have to do all of them). We have had to have the passenger seat replaced cause the air bag sensor wasn't working, the heat doesn't work right, sometime the air wont work, won't blow in the back sometimes. Oh and I am sure much to your surprise the transmission left me stuck 1 hour from home, thank god I didn't have my 2 year old cause it was about 15 degrees outside. I am so frustrated with this vehicle. Mine is doing the same as I have read on the forums, about 40 mph it runs about 4-5,000 rpms and won't shift. Today it felt like it fell out of gear revved up really high and then shifted. I don't even know what to do I don't have 3500 to put in it, still owe 16,000 on it cause I have owned it less then a year and like everyone else I am about 5-6 months outside of my 5 year warranty on the vehicle. This is crazy if this is a known issue why has it not been recalled?
    It hasn't been recalled since they don't make the Outlook anymore. That and they got your money. I have been round and round with GM to no avail . I even offered to pay half and they declined
  • kevans23kevans23 Member Posts: 1
    This is my story exactly with my 2008 outlook. In the course of 3 months I had to replace the water pump, power steering pump and the fuel pump. They covered the water pump, but the other two cost me $1500. A year later I had to have the entire ac system replaced (they quoted $2000 because it is "so difficult to do in the Outlook"...they did not think of that when they built the car. When I was at the dealership and I said that the Outlook is a poor quality product if all of these things go wrong in a car that was only 3 years old. I was told (this is a quote) "it must have been build on a Friday", are you kidding me, the robots know to do a bad job on Fridays, they are smart. I will never buy another GM product (and this was my 5th Saturn...I am a loyal customer...or should I say I was).
    That's why they had to be bailed out lol
  • kenny42kenny42 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my 2007 Outlook new in August of 2007. It currently has a little over 55,000 miles on it and I just had to have the water pump replaced (warranty out 4 months ago) costing me $467.00 at the dealership. I don't drive the vehicle much as it's my wife's vehicle. On the way back from the dealership I noticed a vibration in the steering only after the vehicle shifts into overdrive. Has anyone experienced this problem? Hopefully, I don't a major transmission issue but I have had the same shifting problems mentioned by numerous folks in the previous posts. I too was told that there was nothing that could be done for the shifting issue so I've lived with it. I really like the vehicle but it appears that I'm just BEGINNING to experience some of the known common problems with this vehicle. It's really sad that after paying over $33,000 for this American Made vehicle that one can't get over 55,000 miles out of it before having to start dumping more money into it. I'm going to have the dealer look at again tomorrow and if they tell me that it's going to be a costly transmission repair or replacement the Outlook is gone and it will be the absolute last GM product that will ever be in my driveway.
    Yep, you have the "Over-warrantee Bug". That is how our Outlook transmission behaved a few months before major melt down. We were told that we would have to have it flushed on the next visit and perhaps get the computer checked. Turned out to be a bad 3,5,R wave plate that broke up and fouled-up the rest of the transmission. Be sure to take it to a qualified dealership otherwise you will not get reimbursed when it is recalled.
    I have been in contact with the NHTSA to be sure that they recognise that the problem is more widesread than just the Outlook, that it also occurs in the Acadia, Traverse, Enclave, and many other GM vehicles. This transmission was a design collaboration between Ford and GM, but the independently manufactured Ford version has not experienced the wave plate disintergration issues.
    Please file a complaint with the NHTSA to help facilitate a recall for all of us.

I already filed a complaint against GM and the Outlook
    hagenb,

Have you made any progress on this since your last post? I realize it's been a few days and wanted to check in to see if you had a plan of attack or not. While I can't provide any technical insights, we're available to check for recalls or work with you through the process of getting this looked at by a dealership.

We are still in limbo with this. From everything I am reading it looks like this is a major problem that something needs to be done about and I will do my part to get this recalled however what do you do in the mean time? I am way upside down in this vehicle because it is loosing a crazy amount of value and it appears the chance of this happening again are pretty good, not good for the owners great for GM. My biggest question is if I take it to an individual shop to have it repaired and they recall it 6 months from now can we still get reimbursed or does it have to be done by a GM dealer? We all know the dealerships are going to tattoo us with a hefty price tag.
    kevans23,

Is the situation with the AC system current or has this already been resolved? do you have any current concerns on your Saturn?

kenny42,

How did your visit with the dealership go today? Please keep us posted!

• djaros4djaros4 Member Posts: 3
    I am posting this to inform any 2007 outlook owner to beware of replacement transmission. I have had my car for 4 years 11 months. I drive quite a bit, mostly highway. At 72k miles I started having slipping in my transmission. I was informed no code was found, that I should try having flushed. I had done at 48k, but $120 vs. a new transmission seemed like a good investment. At 91k miles and 3-1/2 years old the transmission went out on a steep incline and I nearly was rear-ended. The dealer finally agreed to replace or rebuild. Now 1-1/2 year and 40k miles later it is failing again. I service my car regularly and use high-end fluids. My dealer passed me off to GM, who in turn said "sorry, we are not doing anything for you". To make matters worst, I have a 2009 Outlook I bought before the 1st transmission failure on the 2007, because I like it so much for my wife. This car is now in the shop for ignition coil and computer failure. 2 outlooks, both undriveable. I am driving a rental Malibu and my wife is using my son's car, another GM vehicle, a 2006 Equinox. My oldest son drives a 2001 GM Sierra I bought for him prior to that. I can say that this should be a testament to GM should've gone bankrupt vs taxpayers saving them. This is not how you take care of your customers. I have a 68 cougar that my son and I rebuilt, which is my best running car at the moment. What a shame! They know they have a problem, and they just want their customer to live with it. I wish I could've told them sorry, when they needed saving. By the way my 2007 Outlook had a rack replacement at 98k, power steering motor at 102k, water leak in the sunroof, and back wiper motor failure after my wiper heater was pulled and a radio/navigation system replacement because the disk runs even when key is out. Think twice before you buy GM. I am thoroughly disgusted at the lack of responsibility taken by a known engineering flaw.
    djaros4,

Do you have a Service Request (71-**********) number you could forward us at [email protected]?

• djaros4djaros4 Member Posts: 3
    71-1141809646
  • gm_problemsgm_problems Member Posts: 2
    I had no idea so many people were experiencing the same issues I was. My wife drives our 07 outlook back and forth from work to daycare and home. About two years ago this 07 outlook left her and my 4yo son stranded at night in February on a busy road. The transmission had completly failed and would not engage. Had it not been for the kindness of some strangers she would have had to stay in the car in the middle of the street. Thankfully, these strangers pushed the vehicle to a relatively safer side road.

We ended up taking the vehicle to the dealer. According to the dealer they ended up having to replace the transmission with a new one. The saturn had only 30,000 miles on it when the transmission failed.

So now here we are almost two years and 33,000 miles later and the transmission is starting to do the same thing. Slipping and not engaging properly from a standstill. Called the dealer a few hours ago to find out that they want $80.00 up front in case we decide not to repair the transmission with them and that the new transmission is out of warranty. In other words, we'll also have to pay for the repairs.

I am very dissapointed in GM and plan on fighting this all the way. Especially since I just found out the so many other Saturn owners are experiencing the same problem.
    I am starting to wonder if the dealerships aren't ripping people off thinking that it is the wave plate. Or maybe we are getting ripped off I don't know but we called our local transmission guy and he doesn't think it has anything to do with the wave plate he is taking it monday to pull it apart and he thinks that just replacing the valve system in it will fix it. I hope that this works however he said if it has done to much damage the whole transmission will need to be rebuild at a max cost of 3000 still cheaper then the dealership the down fall is if they decide to recall it we won't be able to get a refund. Guess that's the chance we are taking doesn't sound like a recall is in the near future which floors me after seeing how many people are having the same problem. I don't have the 3000 much less 4000 or more the dealership wants. I am not impressed with GM and hope and pray I can get a couple more years out of this car because it has lost an insane amount of value since we bought it 11 months ago.
    gm_problems,

I know that the diagnostic fee can be burdensome. Are you thinking about working with your dealership still, and are you already engaged with Customer Assistance?

Please let us know if we can look into anything further for you! We can be reached at [email protected] (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a brief summary of the situation thus far).

• drslimdrslim Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    Sarah,
    My wife is currently has about $7k of negative equity with our Saturn Outlook. Now, a $3500 (or more) new tranny sure wasnt expedted. Her waranty ended in November 2012...the day before our son was born :_( We need this vehicle to haul around our 4 young children.

Can you help me understand how a recall might affect my Outlook? We need a new transmission. I know we cant be sure, but for the purposes of this question: if a recall somehow occurs with anything to do with the tranmission and I have had the transmission repaired or replaced by an independent service professional, will this vehicle still be covered under any recall? Is it necessary for the purposes of a recall to only have a GM shop do any or all repairs? What if the new transmission was purchased directly from GM. I could really use some guidance on this issue.
    I fear putting another $4k into this car with a tranny that has a history to not last very long may not be a wise decision. I have not contacted any legal advice on this matter, but wonder what others have found out???
    Thanks for all your help.
  • drslimdrslim Member Posts: 3
    did you have your transmission replaced by a GM dealer? do you still have the vehicle? if so, how is it running now? I am trying to decide if we should put the $$ into fixing it or cutting our losses.
    drslim,

If you were to have this repair work performed and a recall were to come out afterwards, we could definitely look into reimbursing you for partial if not full cost. This would apply even if you worked with a non-GM shop before the issuance of a recall.

If you did purchase the parts from us and had them installed elsewhere, we would still have a replacement parts warranty on a transmission for parts only.

I hope this helps!
    We had the transmission replaced by AAMCO . It has been running fine. GM said they couldn't do anything for me because I didnt bring it to them.
    We have a 2007 Outlook that had the transmisson replaced at 87000. It was two months paat the 5 yr warranty. I called GM to ask if we were still covered. They said we were 2 months over the 5 yrs. Not bring it in and we will see what we can do. Had it fixed at AAMCO. Talked and sent many letters to GM trying to get reimbursed to no avail. Said I didnt bring it to GM first. That if I had and it was discovered that it was a defect it would have been paid. Also if there is a recall then they would pay. I dont think there will ever be a recall lol
    Yep they did the same thing to me! Well as of yesterday I got rid of mine..... I am now a Toyota owner forever. I loved my outlook but I have to feel safe and I was a confident even the new transmission I paid for would last either. It's a known problem and the way GM handled it for myself and others plain disgusted me and was a real disappointment after having been a GM owner my whole life! I'd get rid of it if I were you before new transmission goes too.
  • gm_problemsgm_problems Member Posts: 2
    Update: 1/14/13

Well, I am posting this so that I am completely fair to GM.

Earlier I posted that my transmission had been replaced at 30,000 miles and I started experiencing skipping again at 63,000 miles. The dealer had already hinted that since the power train was out of warranty I would have to pay for repairs.

So here's how it all came to an end.

I contacted GM and opened a case number prior to the dealership even looking at the vehicle. Kathy, the rep I spoke with, empathized with me and opened up the case and reffered it to a district Manager.

My wife set up an appointment with the dealer to diagnose the problem last Friday. We dropped of the vehicle Friday morning.

Within an hour the District Manager called me to explain that the vehicle was out of warranty and that at best GM might cover a small portion of the cost to repair the transmission. I told him in a very polite and respectful manner that this was unacceptable to me. Even if the vehicle was out of warranty, I do not expect to perform major repairs to the transmission every 30,000 miles. He agreed with me and we agreed to wait until the diagnostics were complete before making a final decision.

About 2 hours pass and Ray, the service manager, calls my wife and explains to her that the repairs will cost about $1100.00 but that since we have been in touch with GM, they would cover the costs of the repairs and we would only need to pay $100.00 for the deductable.

I found this offer to be fair and we proceeded with the repairs. The transmission is no longer skipping and they explained that the transmission control module was damaged.

One thing that was kind of shady was the fact that the dealer had stated a couple of years ago that the transmission had been replaced. On Friday, the District Manager told me that the only thing that had been replaced was the Clutch plate. When I told him that the dealer claimed the transmission had been replaced he said it might be a coding error on his part. He said he would get back to me but hasn't yet. So I'm thinking my transmission was never replaced.

In any case, I think that GM and Ray did the right thing here and repaired the problem with minimum investment on my part.

Thank you Ray and Thank you GM!
    Good luck to all that are having problems with this vehicle. And I appreciate all your support.
    I will also post to be fair to GM as well.

First thing I will say is what was said to me: Cost assistance is determined on a case by case basis so all members may not get the same resolution.

That being said, about two weeks ago, my wife and kids were driving and the transmission went out without warning; wouldn't stay in upper gears, reverse was gone. Classic wave plate symptoms. She parked the car, we had it towed to Tom Gill Chevrolet in Florence, KY.

I called and explained and, site unseen, was given an estimate between $2800 and $3800. We kind of swallowed our tongues, but with three kids and one wage earner, there aren't a lot of options.

Our Outlook (07) was technically out of warranty by several months, but it was under 100k and gently driven - pretty much day care and grocery store. I found this website after a little research and was surprised to see such a recurrent problem. We had suffered the issue with headlights multiple times as well as a couple other problems.

I posted, got some rather discouraging responses from the general public and then heard from Ashley with Customer Service. She asked a few perfunctory questions, got my email address and phone #, and it went off-line. She contact the dealership, discussed the matter...

A couple days later, I got a call from the service guy at Tom Gill (Michael Monday) who said that GM may be willing to assist, but they wanted to understand precisely what had happened. We had to authorize a $1900 bill for removal and diagnosis of the problem, which we did. They did their thing, confirmed that it was the wave plate and contacted the District 12(?) manager to discuss. Then Michael contacted me to discuss options:

Option 1: GM would offer us an additional $2k toward a trade in
    or
    Option 2: They would prorate the work based on mileage and time past the powertrain warranty; in our case, the cost would be $800 total out of pocket.

We took Option 2. They have the car in shop now and we're hoping to have it back within the week.

GM did the right thing for us, hands down. Thanks to Ashley, Tom Gill Chevrolet and the District 12 GM.

Jason Wilson
    Your very lucky to have gotten anything out of GM. My 07 Outlook was 2 mo beyond the 5 yr warranty at 87000. I had it repaired at to the tune of $3700 and GM did nothing for me. Offered to split the cost and still they declined. I will never buy a GM product again . They know its a problem yet do nothing . Claim to say customer satisfaction is a priority but its all lip service.
    jwilson12,
    Thank you for taking the time to post! I have passed your compliments along to Ashley, who I'm sure will be pleased.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Remember to file with the NHTSA. Doing so will help you and others to recooperate out of pocket expenses when the vehicle is recalled because of this issue.
  • heather_daveheather_dave Member Posts: 1
    Got a call the car was done, so went to enterprise dropped off the rental had them take to dealer. Got the car started heading home got on 35 hit 65 got to the exchange of 35 and 190 and it did it again. So cut back through Belton took it back to dealer, Dave took it out with me to see what I was talking about, got it to 65 for a short time and it stop responding. Wouldn't even respond in manual mode and wouldn't go into overdrive. Took me back to dealer grab the mechanic took it out again, got it to repeat. Have no idea the problem, possibly the command module have to call GMC tech support. Torque converter is what is going on according to tech support. According to Dave their flow charts don't show the torque converter in the factoring in of what happened only by calling tech support do they get that information. I guess according to tech support that is what caused all the damage and trash(metal shavings) in the valve body. This is the most recent problem, about 6 months ago I had to have a plate replaced in the tranny. anymore of these problems, I'm ditching GM and going with something more reliable
    heather_dave,

We see you're working with the dealership on this. If you want for us to do any follow-up with your dealership at all, please contact us by email at [email protected] (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a brief summary of the situation).