Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC90 iPod Aux Stereo MP3 Satellite

jules81480jules81480 Member Posts: 23
edited August 2014 in Volvo
Quick question:

Does anyone know if the Volvo iPod Aux Adapter is standard for the XC90? Or does it require the purchase of a specific package?

Thanks...

Comments

• volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    the Aux input jack is standard.
    Will work w/ any MP3 device to play it through the sound system.
    You will have to use the controls on the ipod however.
  • jules81480jules81480 Member Posts: 23
    cool..thanks..
  • jules81480jules81480 Member Posts: 23
    Ok --

I 'm seriously irritated -- I had the Sirius installed in my brand new XC90. Picked it up yesterday -- got it activated -- and I cannot get a signal.
    Tried troubleshooting with Sirius over the phone -- and they suggest I take it back to the dealership to make sure that it was installed correctly.

Has anyone here had a problem with Volvo installing the Sirius?
  • varughesevarughese Member Posts: 3
    what is the "Sirius"
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Sirius is a company that provides satellite radio. The service and devices are referred to as "Sirius" as well.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • lmahlstromlmahlstrom Member Posts: 1
    Hi there.

I'm thinking about buying a new XC60. I understand there's an issue now with connecting an ipod/iphone with iOS 4.2, but assume it was working fine before the upgrade.

My question is this--if you're playing music through the USB cable and a call comes in on bluetooth and you answer it, does the system automatically pause the ipod? Is there a button or way to do this? The sales guy and I couldn't figure it out the other day.

Thanks for your help
This discussion has been closed.