Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln LS 3.9 engine problem

Comments

• toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    I'd try replacing the rest of the coils first. I've had my LS for 4 years and it's been pretty reliable, 3 coils, Dual climate control valve, and that's about all.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
  • lividlsownerlividlsowner Member Posts: 26
    NOTICE: INDIVIDUALS WHO OWN 2000, 2001, 2002 LINCOLN LS'S AND HAVE EXPERIENCED SERIOUS ENGINES TROUBLES E.G. MISFIRING OF THE CYLINDERS AND OTHER IGNITION RELATED PROBLEMS, I HAVE SOME ANSWERS FOR YOU. AFTER EXHAUSTIVE RESEARCH, MANY YEARS OF ENGINE TROUBLE AND SIGNIGICANT REPAIR EXPENSE, AND HELP FROM PEOPLE WHO KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THE PROBLEM ORIGINATES, I HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR YOU. YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR TYPICAL RUN-OF-THE-MILL MECHANICAL PROBLEM.
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    The main problem was leaky valve cover gaskets. Fix those and replace the coils and boots and that should fix it. What else did you find?
    http://stores.christophersforeigncarparts.com/-strse-84/Lincoln-LS-timing-chain/- Detail.bok

This car is a mess!!

I replaced all 8 ignition coils a few years ago. Number 4 is misfiring again. I don't believe constantly changing out the coils is going to get to the root of the problem. I guarantee you Lincoln knows where the problem lies and ain't saying anything. They need to step up to the plate and make the engine right for at least the original owners. I will NEVER buy another Lincoln.
    Did you replace the boots along with the coils? Did you fix any leaky valve cover gaskets? If they are fixed properly they usually don't fail again.
    Where did you get the coils? Are they OEM or aftermarket?
    edited July 2012
    Boots along with coils. . . . check

Leaky valve cover gaskets . . . . check

Replaced by auto repair place. . . . . OEM/check

The responsibility for a reliability of the engine lies with Lincoln/Ford Motor company. A consumer complaint was filed by me, an LS owner, against them back in 2007 for this very problem that so many LS owners are experiencing too. The problems began right after the 50,000 mile warranty expired. Lincoln knew this was a problem that is why they extended the warranty after 2002 to 80,000 miles for subsequent models. This problem is a result of a manufacture design/defect, period, nothing more nothing less and Lincoln should own up to it and recall the engine for total over-haul at their expense.
    Someone looking for a black LS sent me a notice/email as post number 57, where's the post, Edmunds?
    See my posts: lividlsowner
    Second opinion on my car reveals not that the already replaced ignition coils aren't bad, but all four cylinders are randomly on the right bank misfiring due to the cam shaft chain missing notches or or the timing chain. This is the same problem that owners of the latest V8s in T-Birds, Land Rovers, and Jaguars (a BK manufactured engine) have also experienced, please visit the website I posted for more information on this issue in post number 58. This is going to be expensive. This car is one lemon issue after another and the car which is a 2000 has less than 120,000 miles on it.
    Technically you should be blaming Jaguar since it's their engine design.

But honestly - I just don't understand why people think that a manufacturer should be responsible for fixing every problem that ever happens to a vehicle even after 100K miles. That's why they offer a warranty. If you don't want to pay to fix a car after the warranty expires then get rid of it and buy something else.

And just for contrast, I had my 2000 LS V8 for 6 years and never had a single engine problem and I know a lot of others with similar experiences. It wasn't a problem with every vehicle.
    edited July 2012
    NO, TECHNICALLY IT'S FORD PROBLEM AND HAS BEEN BECAUSE THEY OWNED JAGUAR AT THE TIME. THE PROBLEMS DEVELOPED RIGHT AFTER THE WARRANTY EXPIRED AND THAT'S WHY FORD OFFERED BROADER MILEAGE ON SUBSEQUENT MODELS FROM 50,000 TO 80,000. IT IS A MANUFACTURER DEFECT/DESIGN NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS AND THAT'S WHY FORD IS RESPONSIBLE. THERE ARE CERTAIN ENGINE PROBLEMS A CAROWNER CAN EXPECT WITH AGE OF A VEHICLE, BUT THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM. THIS IS A UNIQUE PROBLEM OF FORD'S AND THEY KNOW IT.
    Next, akirby, prove you had a 2000 LS, and if it's not a common problem with this model then you're not reading the posts on this site. You most likely work for Ford or covering for them.
    edited July 2012
    Replace all your tensioners/timing chains. When Ford manufactured LS models 00, 01, & 02, they use defective plastic tensioners, they knew it, that's why they changed the parts in subsequent models. This timing chain problems is what is causing the misfiring of the cylinders that's why it's been so hard to diagnose for so long. If you have the tensioners/chains done at a Lincoln Dealer it will cost you about $5,000 or you can have it done by an independent for less.

Now that we know the truth, time for a class action lawsuit. FORD!!!!! STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND FIX THIS PROBLEM OR YOU CAN EXPECT A LAWSUIT FROM ME AT LEAST.
    Ford should have recalled this LS V8 engine back in at least 2002, they didn't; therefore they are in violation of Federal statute for "Failure to Recall." The timing chain problem that Ford knew was a safety hazard all the time is liable for your damages.
    Not that I think I have to "prove" anything to you, but since you asked:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.eea4390/19#MSG19

I never said it wasn't a common problem - I said it didn't affect ALL vehicles - just some of them.

You can't be in violation of "failure to recall" if it isn't a safety issue.

Save yourself a lot of grief and a possible heart attack and just get rid of the darn car if you don't want to fix it. The manufacturer isn't responsible at this point. And that would go for any manufacturer, not just Ford.
    edited July 2012
    There is a safety issue, I stated it in my post. You've not had the horrendous experiences I've had with the car. I was on my way to surgery one day when my car shut down on me in heavy traffic resulting in serious traffic problems. I'm lucky I was not going any faster. I don't have the luxury of "just getting rid of it" as u put it and I don't owe you an explanation of why I don't. The point is the car is a safety problem and many are still on the road and many are experiencing the same problem just like the older Ford Escapes. If you're not an attorney and you don't know law concerning manufacturer defect/design then you are in no position to argue whether or not I have a compensable case against Ford. You do me a favor and don't comment on my posts any longer. This is my beef and everything I've posted can be substantiated with evidence. Ford should have recalled that car long time ago and they know it.
    BTW, your blog posts about ownership of vehicles proves nothing to me.
    I don't know why I even bothered to respond in the first place. I should have known better.
    edited July 2012
    That's right you should not even have responded to my first post. You have no clue about the serious engine failure history of these cars that cannot pass most state safety and emissions inspections. The engine failure starts early in the life of the car. The remedy has been to replace coils, gaskets, etc., over the years because mechanics, even Ford mechanics did not know how else to remedy the problem. Then the problem resurfaces a few months or years later. The problem is the plastic tensioners wear out easily and/or timing belts. So unless you know what you're talking about stay out of the issue. Plenty of LS owners have this problem and selling off or trading it off does not address the serious engine failure problem which passes to the next owner that Ford SHOULD own up to.

BTW, I'm long pass the point of heart attack almost had that when my engine failed twice now. Now is the time for legal remedies.
    Ok - time for a reality check. I owned a LS from 1999 to 2005. I joined a club of other LS owners back in 2001 that started right here in these forums. Even today - with the LS out of production for 6 years - we have 432 PAID members. I've only heard of a few failures of the tensioners and/or timing chains. Most people replace the cops once every 80K miles or so with no other problems provided they change the valve cover gaskets and the boots.

So go ahead and call me a liar - I don't really care. I know the truth.
    I don't care what your experience has been, I know what hell the car has put me through. It's black and I call it Stephen King's Christine. A luxury car that you pay a premium for should not have the problem this car has. I paid a premium for my car and expected it to preform accordingly and many other LS owners I know feel the same. Go re-read my post concerning my repairs on my LS. Say what you want, you can't contradict the facts as Christopher from the link I provided will tell you. Funny, how Lincoln corrected the timing chain and ignition coil problems after 2002 models, and that was from a Ford Service Manager who provided me with the information. I have had enough of this issue, the car is a safety hazard and has been for me. I just want it fixed right trading or buying new is not an option for me. I'm stuck with it. I will never own another Lincoln or Ford.
  • leah112leah112 Member Posts: 1
    I found this thread while doing research for problems with my 2002 Lincoln LS. I have replaced the engine twice this year and now have oil on my spark plug, and lots of it. Cylinder 8. The most recent engine only has 3k miles on it
    You have my sympathies. Good luck, I mean that. You're going to need it.
    There's no warranty on a new engine?
  • cmaxcmax Member Posts: 17
    I have been reading these post and i have to agree with both sides.The engine is or can be safety issue because oit will completely shut doown on you when you need it.I went round and round with mine for 3 months>The car runs fan sometimes and idles fine will cruise fine even with a bad coil,then all at once if one or two coils misfire the engine will go into fits and die right there.I had it happen more than once while i was getting to know this car .
    Ford takes the stance that it is an almost perfect car the only recall i could find was on a wheel assembly and that was just on certain serial numbers.This engine should have been recalled i am very surprised that there have not been some serious wrecks because of this.
    Another question is since the dame engine has been used in the T Bird why have we not heard from the owners on this same issue.
    Just note:Every mechanic and i mean every one of them factory trained or hates to work on this car much less the engine so repairs are very costly.I call min eht $ 800.00 car because all estimates nomatter what your talking about start at $800.00
    Years ago the Jaguar was acused of spending more time in the shop than on the road i think it has been replaced
    Check out this website. This guy knows the English engine well. Most mechanics are changing out the coils based on erroneous engine diagnostic readouts. It's not the engine coils. I've replaced all mine, my engine problem is reoccurring just like you described in your post. Here's the link.

http://stores.christophersforeigncarparts.com/-strse-template/about/Page.bok
    If the coils are being replaced without being tested and verified faulty then that's the mechanic's fault.

This failure does occur but it certainly isn't prevalent. I searched back over 12 years of posts from thousands of LS owners and I could only find 2 occurrences - and one had 285K miles on the engine.
    ">link titleAnd, I've checked this site periodically since my car started having engine "coil problems" and found many with this problem. It's not just the engine coils it's the timing chains that are causing the erroneous readouts. Lincoln is in violation of federal law for not recalling this vehcile long time ago for its serious engine failure problems. The engine coils are faulty due to the bad timing chains stressing the coils along with other problems the timing chains are causing. My engine started failing right after the 50,000 mile warranty expired. You're definitely haven't be reading the posts on this site. How much they paying you to dispute what so many LS owners are stating on this site and many others. Not only LS owners but Ford Dealer Service Managers are backing up these claims. So, take your refuted nonsense elsewhere, akirby.
    And, I've checked this site periodically since my car started having engine "coil problems" and found many with this problem. It's not just the engine coils it's the timing chains that are causing the erroneous readouts. Lincoln is in violation of federal law for not recalling this vehcile long time ago for its serious engine failure problems. The engine coils are faulty due to the bad timing chains stressing the coils along with other problems the timing chains are causing. My engine started failing right after the 50,000 mile warranty expired. You're definitely haven't be reading the posts on this site. How much they paying you to dispute what so many LS owners are stating on this site and many others. Not only LS owners but Ford Dealer Service Managers are backing up these claims. So, take your refuted nonsense elsewhere, akirby.
    The engine coils are faulty due to the bad timing chains stressing the coils along with other problems the timing chains are causing.

Absolutely positively false. There is no "stress" that can be put on the coils because of a bad timing chain or tensioner. Coils are electrical devices. They fail due to heat and/or moisture.

There are plenty of cases of bad coils and the vast majority are due to a leaky valve cover gasket which soaks the coils and boots in oil causing premature failure. Other coils can fail over time just from heat and normal use.

Coil problems are common and Ford extended the warranty on some vehicles. But the overwhelming majority are actual coil problems not caused by the tensioners. The tensioner is a separate and relatively rare problem. And once fixed the coils should last for at least 75K.
    Lincoln is in violation of federal law for not recalling this vehcile long time ago for its serious engine failure problems

Yet another incorrect statement.
    The V6 coils also fail and they don't have the timing chain tensioner problems that the V8's do. I replaced the three coils I could reach on my V6, I'm noticing a miss under load so I'll probably take off the intake manifold and do the other three. That, and the DCCV (heater control valve) are the only problems I've had in 4 years.
    Totally forgot about the V6s. Excellent point.
    Why do you say the engine and components are not a safety hazard>When i say it goes into fits it bucks then dies right there.The car does not send you a message and advise that soon it is going to expire it just does it.Try being calm and nor swearing when your in rush hour traffic at 70 miles an hour with others probably hitting 80.Another situation might be merging into traffic with a semi in your tail.There is not any warning that says the coils must be replaced every 70 thousand miles when you buy this car to assume that this is normal is plain crazy.The reason you have not found many of these is a lot o people after paying a thousand plus dollars for 8 coils and spark plug feel plain foolish and they unload the car plus normally the peole that would buy this kind of car new do not want to popped the hood they simply trade it in.This car when new was supposed to be a flag ship persay,it has a big whole in the side just about where the engine is.I have heard that the trans.are a piece of crap.Ford must have laughed all the way to bank on this one.They just turn away and keep on walking they are part of the reason toyota and kia have gained foot holes in the US market.Untilyou have seen this in action it is hard to believe.You change the coils and it runs or at least does not die til????????????????.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    has definitely changed.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    Who said it was right or that it wasn't a problem? All I said was that the tensioners did not cause the COPs to fail and that tensioner failures were relatively rare. All cars have quirks. Audis were famous for bad control arms. The LS' big quirk was bad COPs along with a few smaller ones. If you don't like the car enough to pay for the repairs then get rid of it. The problems have been well publicized since 2001 or so. Caveat Emptor.
    edited August 2012
    I got your Caveat Emptor, Mr. Kirby, How about Ford stand behind its product. How about product reliability. I paid a premium for the car when it came out and I expect premium performance, which it has not given since the 55,000 mile marker. No $50,000 vehicle should be experiencing serious engine problems at the stage in that engine's life. The tension problem is related to the coil problems its all part of the same mess that Ford created and needs to fix. The tensioner failures are not rare. The tensioners have been a problem with this engine that is also the same engine mounted in Jags and Land Rovers, which have the same engine failures. Rare (if that was the case) or not Ford is responsible for this mess, it's their mess and they need to make good on it to the LS owners. The car is a road hazard and will not pass most state inspections without serious engine repairs. When many mechanics don't know exactly the origin of this problem so for you to emphatically state that the tensioner problem does NOT lead to the coil problem is misleadiing at best. The issue is: but for the bad tensioners' problem stressing the engine that leads to oil leakages; there would be no coil problems. DO NOT CLAIM that my post are absolutely false because you have no absolutes in this case, akirby. Fix the tensioner problem according to an expert and you fix the coil ignition problems. I have had several mechanics look at my car and they all have a different opinion. The coils misfire because of the loose tensioners, period that caused the stress on ignition components resulting the cause oil leakages on the coils, akirby. What are you credentials anyway, you're just a argumentative Edmunds troll? LS owners check out this website to help you with your problem. Do not listen to this Edmunds Troll, akirby, he or she has not clue what he's talking about. http://stores.christophersforeigncarparts.com/-strse-template/about/Page.bok
    I guess thas the big thing with me,most mechanics run when you bring this car in.But the big think is "FORD" they just seemed to stroll off into the sunset with this car.The only public knowlege is the suspension.They think they made the perfect car if you just go by the recalls .Is this what you can expect from ford in the future.Anytime they want to they just ignore issues.I do not want ot purchase another car from anybody.As far as the problems being well documented ,well pretty much eveything is documented somewhere but a customer should not have to go on a search mission to locate it.
    The coils misfire because of the loose tensioners, period that caused the stress on ignition components resulting the cause oil leakages on the coils

You simply have no idea how a car engine works. The tensioners do fail sometimes but they have NO impact on the coils. Coils misfiring do not cause oil leaks.

Tensioners can fail. Coils can fail. Valve cover gaskets can leak which can cause coils to fail. Once it's out of warranty YOU'RE responsible for repairs and that goes for ANY product made by ANY mfr.

You're expecting a lifetime warranty and that's simply not realistic from any vehicle mfr.
  • clubairth1clubairth1 Member Posts: 1
    You are an idiot!! First of all the LS has a timing chain and not a belt. So your years of car repair didn't seem to help there?! Please get a clue you dumb [non-permissible content removed]!!

The 2003 LS got an extended warranty on the coils and gaskets to 10 years or 100K miles. You are wrong again! Notice a pattern here??

These are very minor problems that with time will happen to ANY car with Cop's. Again please read.

The tensioner were improved after the early versions started wearing out. If Ford/Jaguar had known from the beginning they would not have installed them. If fact if you would look into it you would find that Jaguar designed the entire engine and actually had 3 versions before releasing the mostly metal version from the 2003 and up cars.

There is and was nothing wrong with the timing chain. In 2003 Ford upgraded to a stronger more quiet running chain from Japan.

Another dumb [non-permissible content removed] "expert" on the internet!!
    edited October 2012
    Ok, according to two different Ford/Lincoln Service Managers and other Ford mechanics I have consulted with, Ford changed the warranty after 2002 on the LS's from 50,000 to 100,000 miles due to the faulty coils problems and the loose tensioners or timing chains (those two words are used interchangeably) which results in engine failure. These parts are made of plastic in the 2000, 01, 02 models. Ford KNEW that these were serious problems that caused engine failure and refused to fix the problem after my 50,000 mile warranty expired. My car started having these problems at 55,000 miles. This is why Ford extended the warranty on subsequent models. The problem is related to the timing chains, period and that is according all mechanics that looked at my car and other Ford experts.

My car is once again experiencing the same engine failure problem and it is because of the loose chains. It is misfiring too, AGAIN after very expensive engine coil and other ignition repairs. IT'S THE TIMING CHAINS, STUPID AND FORD KNOWS IT. I am not in any financial condition to buy a new vehicle or trade it in AND EVEN IF I WERE IT'S THE PRINCIPLE OF THIS MATTER. FORD SHOULD STAND BEHIND THIS PROBLEM FOR THE OWNERS OF 00, 01, AND 02'S. NO IF ANDS OR BUTS ABOUT IT. There are plenty on the road still that are road hazzards!!

Stop calling people names especially if you have not clue what you're talking about.
    lividls owner:
    I am in your corner once ford knew they had screwed up and this car is a screwup no doubt.They should make some sort of retitution to the owners of previous LS's after all we were the test samples for their test market car.Dealers do not even want to work on this car.Its got more rattles and shakes than an old 78 olds i have that has close to 500,00 rough miles on it.Construction sites back roads it spent the last 200,00 being more of a work truck.It has some probelms but it has used tires on it,the shocks are 15 tears old the trans leaks a little and i am burning about a qt in or around 1500 miles.I take it on the road because it is a much bettter riding car.
    Thanks Cartaker. Right now I canceled my insurance on the car because.... well my engine is in serious condition and I just don't have the money to get it fixed right now. It's a shame. I feels sooo cheated and duped by Ford. You're right we were test samples for their test market car and they owe us .

I know about mechanics not wanting work on this vehicle. It's a MESS and one I have been stuck with and I WANT COMPENSATED FOR ALL MY REPAIRS THUS FAR AND I WANT A NEW CAR THAT IS RELIABLE, they owe me that.

I filed complaints with Ford/Lincoln back in 2004 and demanded they fix the problem, they refused of course and I file complaints with other consumer rights agencies. This company NEEDS TO BE SUED. We need to start a multi-plaintiff lawsuit against Ford. Thanks for your support, cmax.
  • carriea22206carriea22206 Member Posts: 1
    Most of these LS models have the same engine and electrical failures, whether it be from experience or reading, moving out of gear when in park, ETC Fail Safe Mode, Missing and Sputtering with engine to be rebooted by turning off and turning it back on, Car shutting off while in drive (which I might add is very very unsafe when it happens on bridges and interstates esp with my child on board!!!!), the wobbling from the air the tends to be taken in through the leaking air intake valves which throws off my O2 sensor and again causes sputtering. Lets also go to the over heating and constant mechanical issues thrown off by the computer which was placed in a spot where it is prone to take in moisture and heat, making all these cars eventually have electrical issues confused for coil packs, transmission issues, pcm issues, etc etc spark plugs, whatever they can find to keep you coming back to the dealer for repair. Ok SO PLEASE PLEASE report to the NHTSA, they will investigate these claims and hopefully recall I know Ive invested almost as much in repairs at this point as I have the car itself. Im very sad too being a single mom and having to be "taken" by Ford Motor company I plan on writing the NHTSA on a complaint where I have found hundreds of you folks complaining of the same issues. They must investigate if enough of these complaints roll in. Its wrong, and its a known defect and that particular model has its design flaws Ford is aware obviously lets make them do something about it! PLEASE PLEASE REPORT IT!!! There are only 8 reports on their website despite the many many that are out there online. Forums arent the place..
    I know dozens of LS owners who are perfectly happy with their vehicles. If you don't like it - GET RID of it and stop complaining. Nobody is forcing you to drive it or keep it.
    We were dicussing the failure of the ford motor company to recall a vehicle that is a dangerous vehicle to have on the road.The idea that most people can just go and buy another vehicle shows lack of information on your part
    You can easily trade it for another vehicle at any time. If it was really dangerous you wouldn't be driving it. These cars are 7-13 years old already. Fix it, sell it or park it.
  • ezaircon4jcezaircon4jc Member Posts: 793
    Allen, you're talking to a ROCK! Why fix it if you can come to a place like this and gripe and complain? My (my daughter's now ) LS has almost 180K mostly trouble-free miles. My '06 has almost 110K miles and my wife's '06 just over 60K. No rattles, creaks or other annoying sounds; on any of the 3 LSes.

ANY first year car will have a few bugs, which are fixed as the model years progress; ergo the tensioners (which, BTW, are NOT the same thing as the timing chains) and window regulators. There is NOTHING dangerous about the L (other than the knucklehead behind the wheel). The problem has and will always be coils. The plug needs to be replaced with the coil (NO coil packs, grrrrr.....) as the coils will kill the plug and vice-versa. Yes, the '00-early'02 had tensioner problems. The plastic guide (have to keep the engine quiet) was changed to metal (more engine noise) late in the 2002 model run. The chain skips a tooth when the tensioner breaks and the engine runs rough (DUH!). Fix the tensioners and re-index the chain and the engine will be as good as new. The warranty certainly WAS NOT changed to 80K miles. There was a customer satisfaction program that extended the valve cover gaskets and coils to 10 years or 100K miles. That was only for (IIRC) 03-05 models. Both my '06's came with the basic 4yr/50K mile warranty.

Simple/basic maintenance will keep these, or any other car, running for a very long time.

This is why I don't come here often.......
    edited February 2013
    Are you seriously blaming the driver of these vehicles for the manufacturer dangerous defects? A reader with any brains or common sense should know better than give your post any credence.

Next, since I started this blog concerning Ford's FAILURE TO RECALL THE LS when they knew or should have known that this serious engine failure problem existed and chose to do nothing about it back in 2003 when I contacted them about my 2000 LS, please re-read all my posts concerning pasts engine repairs/replacements, etc. including the ineffective ones you outlined in your uninformed post. I am the original owner of mine and it is setting in my driveway inoperable right now due to another engine failure problem and I am afraid to drive it because it has shut down on me in heavy traffic before. I cannot afford another vehicle right at this time and I am not putting another dime in repairing the vehicle, I want compensation from LINCOLN for their defective product or I WANT a recall. I have all the necessary repair bills to back up my claim and Lincoln has my formal complaint originally filed with them back in 2003. Additionally, it's not a matter of basic maintenance. In fact Lincoln service managers along with other experienced mechanics will attest to the fact this IS A serious engine failure problem AND is unique to Lincoln LS's and Lincoln refuses to stand behind their product safety, preformance, and quality then as well as now. You have no idea what you're talking about, eaircon4jc. Lincoln has known for a very LONG TIME THAT THIS IS A SERIOUS DANGEROUS SAFETY ISSUE AND CHOSE TO IGNORE THE PROBLEM, now National Highway Safety and Transporation Board can do their job.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    whatever you want to want. You'll get what you get.

Calling the people who respond to your post uninformed tells us much more about you than them. Allen in particular has been posting since the first LSs hit the road and is about the only one of the "old timers" who still takes the time to respond at all. Several of us owned and drove LSs for well in excess of 100K miles with mostly minor issues. Sorry you weren't so fortunate.

There's no doubt that the demographic of LS drivers has "evolved" considerably since 2000.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester