Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer

13»

Comments

• kaiakaiakkaiakaiak Member Posts: 14
    About the Sun roof that doesn't open all the way; that isn't a defect. Even the Mercedes E class does it. Depending on your speed, that little inch (or so) will cause an air buffeting noise in the cabin, when the sun roof is fully open. The solution found was that inch. So, you should see it as a feature, not slopyness.
    :)
  • CCCryderCCCryder Member Posts: 8
    Did you see my posting about the blown out sunroof on the GTS - mine also rally red 08
  • steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    does anybody know here if the 09 lancer has a auto door unlocking feature which unlocks all doors when the shift lever is placed into the park position?mine does not do this although the owners manuel says that the car comes from the factory with this feature deactivated and that if you want the auto door unlocking feature activated you must go to the mitsubishi dealer to have it done.not sure though.
  • mbcowboymbcowboy Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone experienced any problems with electrical power to the Dashboard during very cold weather. When you start the car, it will run, but then very shortly, the fan will cut out, the rpm dial will keep jumping from 0 and the actual RPM, the radio dies, and the display will only show the service required icon. The fan will cycle on and off and if you try to drive the dial will not show your speed. In about 10 min or so, the vehicle will warm up abit and full power will be restored.
    hi folks,my trunk light only works interminitly.dealer says there is a short somewhere and it can't be resolved quickly.i only have 2500 miles on the car so far so to have electrical issues already isn't getting off to a good start.although the 07 vw rabbit that i traded in for the lancer began haveing electrical issues within the 1st 500 miles.i guess any new car being a mechanical thing can have issues whether it's new or not i guess.
  • akilez68akilez68 Member Posts: 5
    I never heard of such problems mine is 42,000 miles hit a rail 3 times for the past 2 years and my car is still running had a major accident but minor damage.

You are doing something on the electrical unit like installing HID headligts, interior neon lights, etc etc that will be causing the problem.

Are you sure you bought a Lancer?
    no,i don't have any aftermarkets lights or anything that iv'e tried to install on the car.
    dealer told me today that the problem is in the trunk latch where there is some sort of short in there.
  • mujahidmdmujahidmd Member Posts: 21
    In manual with sun and sound plus navi for around 18000 is that a good deal
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,940
    This is strange. If I browse forums by make and model, I can pick the Lancer Sportback from the list, yet there is no discussion dedicated to it.

Just saw an ad in C&D for the 2010 Sportback with 237hp and available DSG-type trans. Sounds like a nice machine and I'd like to learn more about it.

You can go to mitsucars.com and click a link there for it, but I'm unable to view at work. Thought Edmunds might have some info. Oh well.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• evox1evox1 Member Posts: 3
    i happy with my prius best car ever .number 5
  • s550iwishs550iwish Member Posts: 28
    I NEED ANSWERS! I need to talk to someone who owns a 2008+ Lancer GTS. i really want one but dont know if i should get it. Pros and cons? problems? lemme know :D

Thanks,
    Paul
  • lancerchick11lancerchick11 Member Posts: 1
    I absolutely love my 2008 Lancer GTS. I got it fully loaded with the Sun and Sound Package, Black, with 17,000 miles for $16,500 before taxes. I get anywhere from 22 in the city to 30 on the highway. Plus the FAST key is AWESOME! You cannot lock your keys in the car what-so-ever and it's really great when your hands are full you just touch the door handle and it unlocks! The only con for me personally is horsepower. :) I went from having 300hp in my Mustang then switched worlds and went to around I think 170hp if I'm not mistaken in the Lancer's. Don't get me wrong, it still ups and goes when I want it to.. but it's no 300 ;) Then again, I guess I'm saving gas as well so it all equals out! HAHA!
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    I'll second lancerchick11's emotion on my 2008 MItsubishi Lancer GTS. My wife and I own one with about 46,700 miles on it. Bought it on March 21, 2007. I love the car immensely. I think lancerchick11 would agree with me on how the car drives.

It's as solid as a rock. Where you put the wheel is where the car will track. We have a Lancer GTS with the automatic CVT tranny and the paddle shifters are good. I usually just drive the car in automatic 'D' for drive, to be totally honest with you.

The car's sunroof is awesome, it's handling is awesome, it's foglights rocks, it's 650-watt Rockford Fosgate 650-watt stereo with 9 speakers and 10" subwoofer rock the road very nicely as do the leather-wrapped steering wheel and leather-wrapped gearshift knob.

I love this car and of all the cars in the world this is the one I love the most. I have my dreamcar! :blush:

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• oil8390oil8390 Member Posts: 1
    does anyone know of a good website for accessories for a 2009 Lancer GTS, in Canada or USA?
  • bvpbvp Member Posts: 1
  • s550iwishs550iwish Member Posts: 28
    alright thanks very much. im glad to hear the fast key is a good option. thanks lancerchick11.
  • tinez23tinez23 Member Posts: 1
    Bought it in June or July of 2008, have about 17000 miles on it so far, its my daily driver. The car overall is nice, looks great from the outside, the inside could have used better materials for the door panels and center console but I can deal with it and i really like the way it looks, the black interior with the red/orange lighting looks bitching. The sun and sound package is worth it, i do not have the navi though, great sound! i have not had any problems with the radio, sunroof, lights, or anything. now for the cons of the car, SLOW from a stop, loud, wind noise from the side mirrors outside, cheap plastic, dents very easily!!! i have a nasty crease on my driver door and 2 small dents on the passenger door... within the first week i noticed very very small chips in the paint on the hood, im guessing from the highway. The car is built to cruise with the cvt, idk about it in the GTS! no racing for the ES CVT ! lol
    now i have a few questions maybe you guys can help with, i hear the fuel filter is in the fuel pump so there is no need to service it until you have to replace the pump for some reason, is this true?
    and did anyone else when they bought your car get offered some type of tire sealant they put in the tire? i swear that when my car starts in the morning and im off to work, when i reach 50 - 60mph it feels very shaky in the front and in the steering wheel? anyone else?
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    edited April 2010
    I switched from the OEM Dunlops to Pirelli P-Zero Nero M&S Pinna's in Dec. of 2008. Switch tires, you'll be glad ya did. I love the way the car handles and steers now. It is so much improved.

Oh, I also got a 4-wheel alignment. That also helped.

Our '08 Lancer GTS gets what Avondale Mitsubishi of Avondale, AZ, calls an 'Auto Butler' treatment every 6 months. In other words, the dealership washes and waxes in two coats. One a protectant, the other a polish. Our 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS looks absolutely beautiful, barely looking 3 years old. We bought ours in March of 2007 as a 2008 model.

I didn't know that about the fuel filter. Ours must be working right. We are getting 31 mpg on the highway and 24 mpg in the city. We have the 152-hp 4-cyl. motor with the automatic CVT tranny.

Those Seattle Supersonic wheels are just spartan.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

This discussion has been closed.