Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2005 Escape Ignition Problem

erikf1erikf1 Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in Ford
Has anyone been able to resolve the problem with sticky ingnitions on Ford Escapes? My escape seems to have a problem popping into park and I can not remove the key until the care decides to pop into park? I would think it is covered under the warranty. I had a ford dealer look at it but they could not re-create the problem. The key issue seems to be affected by the gear shift not popping back to park.

Comments

• aymeesueaymeesue Member Posts: 2
    I am having this same problem with my 2004 Sebring...Did you ever find out the problem?
  • qanutqanut Member Posts: 7
    My wife is having the same problem with her Escape. The key can not be removed from the ignition for awhile. I noticed that the ignition selector does not return to the park location.
    Anyone had any resoultion to the prior posts?
  • orv2orv2 Member Posts: 13
    Turn the ignition on.Engine starts even though the key has not been turned to the far right. In fact the engine starts quicker than by turning the key to the 'START'position.I have lubricated the switch with EXTRA FINE GRAPHITE but no change. Any ideas?
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,316
    I believe that is a real feature. It's called 'quick start' or something like that.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • orv2orv2 Member Posts: 13
    I cannot activate my scanner in the Key On Engine Off mode.There is no reference to'quick start'in my owner's guide.
    Orv2.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,316
    You can try searching over at blueovalnews dot com.
    Not sure if it applies to the Escape, but I am pretty sure I read about it there.
    It was a while ago.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
This discussion has been closed.