Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saturn Aura Electrical / Computer Problems?

ericbrownericbrown Member Posts: 7
edited August 2014 in Saturn
Anyone with a Saturn Aura having problems with the electrical/computer system? I am and the dealer isn't fixing it.

The problem: A "Service Traction Control" warning will appear and the car will stall and lose power. It has died on me once and wouldn't restart afterward.

I bought an Aura XR in August 2007 and it has been in the shop 3 times already for this problem.

The first two times I was told that 'nothing was wrong' but yet when I drove it off the lot, it would invariably have the same problem.

This problem is intermittent and hard to reproduce so it is difficult for the repair shop to solve but it also doesn't appear that they are trying very hard.

Anyone else had a problem like this?

Comments

• phaetondriverphaetondriver Member Posts: 175
    I was reading a thread on another Saturn Forum of a guy in Texas that has exactly the same problem. He has been battling with the dealership for months.
    He has had to escalate the issue.
    Here is the link http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109840
    This guy has his web site listed so you can contact him and compare note

It's a real cool web site saturnfans.com Check it out
  • ericbrownericbrown Member Posts: 7
    Thanks Phaetondriver.

That's actually me over at saturnfans.com...I'm still not getting any forward motion on getting the car fixed so I thought I'd try this forum to see if anyone here has seen the same problems.
  • saturn_commsaturn_comm Member Posts: 27
    Do you have a case number with the Saturn Customer Assistance Center? I'd be happy to look into it.

Kyle Johnson
    Saturn Communications
    Hi Kyle,

I do have a case number. 1-25669734.

I was supposed to hear from the Saturn Area Manager yesterday (Thursday Dec 6) but didn't. I called again last night and was told that the area manager would call me today.

Thanks for the offer of assistance...I would love to have this problem straightened out and get my car back.
    Here's a quick update from the last few days:

Dec 8 – Heard from the dealership in the afternoon. They “think” they have it narrowed down to one computer and they are now waiting for a tool to check connectors for that computer. This tool will be in the shop on Monday and I hope to hear something on Monday evening or Tuesday.

Dec 10 – Heard from the dealership. They received the ‘tool’ and have determined that it is the PCM. They have ordered a new PCM for overnight delivery and will call when it arrives.

Dec 11 - Call received from the dealership. They received the PCM but were asked to not install it yet and have me pick up my car without it being fixed because they haven't diagnosed the problem yet. The Service Manager has assured me that she is having the PCM installed regardless what the technical people say and my car should be ready this evening.

I'm going to pick up my car now...keep your fingers crossed.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    Fingers have been crossed for you... what's the report?
    Well...things were going well up until Thursday of this past week. I had my "service Traction control" warning pop up again and the car almost stalled.

Going to be taking this back to the dealership after Christmas.
    Just an FYI - The problem returned and the car is back in the shop. I'm waiting on a report back from the dealership tomorrow (Friday).

Also - I'm filing the Texas Lemon Law complaint with the Texas Department of Transportation if this trip to the shop doesn't resolve the issue.
  • cindy28cindy28 Member Posts: 1
    I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but I have a Saturn 2007 Aura/XE and it has been in the shop for the 4th time with electrical problems. The compass, driver window, heated seats, sun roof all lose power. "The work order states that the tech found a screw for speaker goes through retainer into wiring harness for drivers door. Tech adjusted harness and resecured speaker." I had it less than 24 hours and it did the same thing. They are keeping the car and bringing in an engineer. This is my 5th Saturn and I've never had any problems before. Can someone help?

Thanks,
    Cindy
    Cindy - Sorry to see you are having similar problems...I hope your dealership & Service Manager are better than mine.

My car has been in the shop for a week now with no response from the dealership. Saturn National Assistance has called me twice and both times have said that they can't get the dealer's service department on the line.

My letter demanding Saturn fix this car within 30 days (as per the requirement of Texas Lemon Law) is being mailed today.
  • cindymaccindymac Member Posts: 1
    i just want you to know it is not just your car that's having electrical problems. I have a 2005 relay that i bought new..after a year it started with the abs and traction control lights on and requiring service.. my dealership is wonderful, but they are at a lost for what to do it has been in for service over 7 times for this and for some of the service vists more than 2weeks they have had the vehicle..they have rewired my car 2 times and still no fix. i have had 2 case numbers.. i am currently waiting for my area manager to call today so we can discuss my options. i have 2 small children and didn't want the hasssle.. i have owned a total of 6 saturn previously and no problem..love them...i recently got stuck because the car wouldn't start stating it had no gas...thank god my father was with me. he pushed my car to level ground and the sensor realized there was gas and started. my kids were with me one is 10wks old.. if my father wasn't there i don't know what i would have done..i am curious to find out what has happened with your case and how you are making out. good luck
  • sophie7sophie7 Member Posts: 1
    Okay, I am really needing some help here. I have a 2007 aura. It has been in shop 3 times in last 60 days for electrical problems. It is all intermintant. So it is hard to find. First time battery died. Second time it was several things, radio would not turn off when opened door. Keyless entry would not work and the dash display would show only half a message or half of one message and half of another message. I took it to the dealer they kept car for 5days.They replaced the radio and the display cluster. My daughter picked up the car and they had to jump start it to get it started for her. Of course when i got home the car was completely dead and it is a holiday weekend. The car has now been back at the dealership for 3 days and they are telling me nothing is wrong with my car. Someone please help.
  • nasturiumnasturium Member Posts: 1
    My 2008 Saturn Aura XE has been having electrical problems ever since last month, when, at 14,000 miles, the transmission failed on the highway and we had to get an emergency tow to the dealer. After a week, they replaced our transmission completely, saying that it was very unusual for a transmission to fail after so few miles. My husband noticed that after getting the car back from the dealer, his driver's side power lock no longer worked, so he made a service appointment for this coming Monday.
    We had to cancel that appointment because last night during a rainstorm, while traveling out of our home state of New Jersey, the engine light came on along with a message: "Engine powering down." We were able to get the car to crawl to a nearby parking lot, and Saturn sent out an emergency tow, but our dealer (in Connecticut, where we were traveling -- we bought the car there and then had to move to NJ recently) isn't open until Monday. We had to leave the car at the dealer in CT and call someone to drive us back to New Jersey. (Saturn said we could only rent from Enterprise, but the closest open Enterprise at 6 p.m. on a Friday night --- in New York State -- had no car available.
    We loved the car until last month when the transmission stalled out on the highway and could have killed us. Now I'm tempted to go on an all-out assault on this company. Their lousy car has almost killed us twice. Besides that, we've had to incur travel expenses on a nearly new car that's still under warranty. The last Saturn my husband bought also died unexpectedly. The engine FELL OUT on I-95 at highway speed. I asked him why he'd want to buy another Saturn after that, and he felt it was a fluke. He said he loved the car until that happened. I feel like they should just refund our money at this point. We paid for the car in full, so they have all $23,000 and change already. I'm furious.
  • starcrossedstarcrossed Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2008 Saturn Aura, brand new…right out of the assembly line, as some would say. The vehicle worked perfectly for about three months. Then I begun having a constant issue with the ‘Traction’ system. The vehicles computer would identify the traction system as malfunctioning, thus concluding it had been disabled, somehow…I wonder how this would take place.

Con: Now this is my problem with this, instead of just alerting me to this new-found issue, the computer would take it upon itself to reduce the vehicle’s speed to ‘save energy’, the second step would be to register a “Service Traction System Immediately” message over the odometer.

Pro: I assume this was to either (1.) Conserve enough energy in order for me to reach the nearest Saturn Service Center, and have my vehicle inspected, or (2.) Suggestion number one, AND allow me to arrive safely to the nearest Saturn Service Center to have, again, my vehicle serviced (Without spinning).

Con: I visited the Saturn Service Center on a monthly basis with this new-found issue, and their computer system would deem nothing to be the problem. During my last visit, they actually changed “a few cables”, as they put it! Upon my return home from the Saturn Service Center, the ‘Service Traction System Immediately’ message came over the odometer again, as well as reducing the vehicle’s speed to ensure I returned to the Saturn Service Center to have my vehicle inspected, this was ten minutes after they had supposedly fixed the problem (By changing a few faulty cables).

Con: Now, on various occasions I nearly got rear-ended by other drivers due to the vehicle’s speed-reduction mode. I was quick to activate the emergency lights to prevent this from happening, but I was too close for comfort this last time!

So, as I returned to have my 2008 Saturn Aura XE inspected once again, ten minutes after, they just had this look on their faces that tells me there’s something really wrong with this car.

Pro: I was placed on a rental vehicle from ‘Enterprise’ to cover me for the remainder of the day, so I was due at work at around twelve (night-shift/I was lucky). I received a phone-call at about three twenty from one of Saturn’s Service Center Staff (Mechanic). She concluded that the vehicle’s computer was malfunctioning. They would have it replaced, and I would of course have my Aura ready in two more days.

My question is…is anyone else having ’Traction System’ problems? Is this something normal from a vehicle right out of the assembly-line?

My problem with this is, I have about 1,800 miles on the vehicle, my job is right in my town (ten minutes away)! I haven’t even driven the thing into the city, much less taken a road trip across states!

Is there anything I can do, is this a lemon in disguise? I’m still paying for the car, I have the four-year warranty that came with my contract, four-year…or forty-thousand miles, which ever comes first. I just can’t help to wonder, if this is the beginning of endless-problems to come, should I try to obtain a different vehicle, under a new contract…is that even possible? What can I do?
  • michaelcoreymichaelcorey Member Posts: 1
    2008 Saturn Aura and driving today when the check engine light came on. It showed two messages: Service traction and service ESC. I felt the car stutter but it never lost power. Called to make appointment and they had one for Friday. Asked if it was OK to continue to drive and was told yes. Asked if I could drop car off early and loaner and told that they did not do that anymore since it is no longer Saturn dealership.
  • ticked4ticked4 Member Posts: 1
    We have 55k on our car....purchased it in 07 right off the lot. At 28k, was told by our mechanic, we needed new front brakes after having it looked at for excessive noise in the front end when braking. At some point the remote car starter stopped working & the last 4 months have been nothing but problems! It started with the check engine light. Had it serviced, mechanic could find nothing wrong & reset it. 2 weeks later, same problem, engine light on, started to idle rough. Took it back in. This time he had numerous faults show up on the computer, replaced 2 cam sensors along with spark plugs. 2 days later, engine still idles rough, engine light came back on, ALONG with the service traction light,was scheduled to take it back in a few days, but it didnt make it that long. After driving it to work the next morning, the car would not start in the afternoon. Had it towed back to our mechanic, who after looking further into the engine, discovered that we had 2 good cylinders left, out of 6! We called GM, they had it towed to a GM dealer who is tearing it apart right now. At this point, looks as if it will be covered under the powertrain warranty & they have provided us with a car to drive while it is being fixed........I really thought GM made a better product than this.
  • chaladollchaladoll Member Posts: 1
    I have had my Saturn in twice for the message "Please Service Soon, Traction Control Loss" accompanied by a LED tire display and engine failure light. The car jerks as it jumps back and forth for control. The technicians at the local GM dealership who took over Saturn Sales/Service told me that nothing could be found.

Additionally, I have now had to replace the electrical batteries three different times. They seem to be failing sooner and sooner, and the battery replacements are becoming harder and harder to procure despite my having bought a lifetime warranty for bumper to bumper repairs for this car. I was told the hybrid portion of the engine would only have a ten year warranty from the time of purchase.

While I have read most of the posts, I have not yet seen one that also describes the symptoms my car seems to be displaying. Could anyone be so kind to assist me, before I take it in yet to hear from techs, who will with folded hands and a concerned look, tell me that nothing is wrong with my car?
  • jpelderjpelder Member Posts: 235
    Michael, I read your posting, and wondered how your repair worked out. I have an '09 Aura with the same issue. I took it to a garage last week, but it was not registering a code, and of course the car would was running perfectly for the mechanic. Today, it was acting up again. How did your repair work out? Was it an extensive repair?

Thanks,

John
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    chaladoll,

What I would like to do is set up a case for you. I will need your complete
    contact information including a good number to reach you, VIN, and current
    mileage. You will be assigned an agent that will work with you, the dealer,
    as well as our technical department to try to get this resolved for you.
    I look forward to your response.

Caron, GM Customer Service
  • adam43adam43 Member Posts: 1
    I had the traction control light come on and random abs lights and varying other ones. I fixed mine by disconnecting battery, and going underneath dash at access panel on passenger side. Unmounting both the ground wire harness on the car and putting dieletric grease can be had for 1.29 in a part store they sell it as spark plug boot grease. Then retorque the bolts down low and behold mine were not tight from the factory go figure. This has solved my traction control issue among other things.
  • danauxter2danauxter2 Member Posts: 1
    Well, my wife's 2009 Saturn Aura has spent a 2nd consecutive weekend at the dealership service garage. =( The car will randomly hiccup and sometimes illuminate the "Service ESC" lamp. It sucks because it's only at 39k miles and out of the B2B warranty, and my wife is 8-mos pregnant and needs reliable transportation. It sickens me that I cannot consider our 2009 vehicle as "reliable" at this moment. My wife babies this car, and I do all the oil changes and service myself on-time and in fine detail.

ISSUE: while driving, idling, at a stop light, accelerating, or braking (any time) the engine will be running fine but then have a studder. The engine seems to hiccup 3-5 times intermittantly. Then sometimes when it happens the Service ESC light iwll come on. And the problem is recurring more frequently. Seems a lot of others have voiced the same issue.

#1 Trip to Dealership: they said the engine threw a couple codes, but didn't tell me what they were for. The did get the car to hiccup for them, too. The cleared the codes and put a total of 6-hours road time and it didn't repeat. They told us their equipment told them there were no issues whatsoever.

RESULTS: when we drove it home that Saturday morning, it didn't hiccup. But 6 hours later, it started doing it randomly again. Then Thursday it was doing it more. And then Saturday it got even worse (more frequent) and the Service ESC light came on again. =(

#2 Trip to Dealership: dropped the car of Saturday morning. No one offered us a rental, which sucked. Perhaps because we're out of the B2B warranty (?). We'll see what they say today, Monday. The last thing I'll let them do is start replacing stuff AND CHARGING ME FOR IT even if it doesn't fix the problem. it's ridiculous that "Electrical" isn't covered under the powertrain warranty on an American-built car with only 39k miles.

RESULTS: Awaiting...
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Denauxter2,

I’m sorry to hear about the frustrations you’re experiencing with your Aura. Have you worked with Customer Assistance towards resolving these concerns? We can assist you in working with your dealership towards getting these concerns resolved. Please email us your name/username, contact information, last 8 digits from your vehicle’s VIN and most up to date mileage, and the name of your dealership.

Looking forward to working with you,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Assistance
  • rthart3rthart3 Member Posts: 1
    Bought a new 2007 Saturn Aura in April of 07. Worked fine for a couple years. Suddenly this summer it started acting up and seems to be getting worst. Traction control and other warning lights will come on and off. This started in July. Took to dealer could not find any problems. A month later car would not start. Took it back in they told me my alternator was shot. Replaced it for $350.00, drove home. Next morning would not start again. Took it back to shop. They did a wire check and followed the bulletin about putting the electrical grease and checking connections on the interior passenger side, another $250. Drove it 10 mins and would not restart. They jumped it and said they found the starter electrical connection was loose. Picked up Friday drove it this weekend and seemed to work fine. Went to start this morning and will not start again. IT seems somehow the alternator is not getting the signal to start recharging the battery when car is running. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT TO DO NEXT?

I am about $600 in and don’t really want to keep it being charged for what they think, only to bring it in again a few days later.
    I'm sorry to hear about this frustrating situation. Have you been workgin with Customer Assistance already? If you would like to pursue that, please email us more information, including your name/username, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and the name of your involved dealership.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • lynette3lynette3 Member Posts: 1
    I had the exact same problem with my 09' saturn. I took it to a couple of mechanics around town and they couldnt find any problem. I grew up around here, so one of them actually told me that he could tell it was something wrong but his morals wouldnt let him take advantage of me and their machinery was not high tech enough to find it. So i took it to the Chevy Dealership and they had it for one day! They told me that there was a wire deep down in the motor that had broken apart. He also said that there was no way a small town mechanic shop would have found it!!!!!! They charged me $189 and my car has not acted up since! I hope this helps!
  • chrissydollchrissydoll Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Aura everything has been fine until this morning.At first went to start it and nothing,not sure if it was just me and tired again.Turned over no problem.However when I got home and turned it off,there was this sound I never heard before.It sounds kinda like a psst noise.No lights came on had a diagnostic test done shows nothing is wrong.Am I crazy?
    I see you've had diagnostics run on your Aura already. If you decide to work with a GM dealership towards diagnosing this concern (make sure it's recurring and able to be duplicated), please be sure to let us know.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • kasc24kasc24 Member Posts: 1
    I have been having my saturn Aura XE, since 2008 and my problems began with the suspension as well as the maintenance on the breaks are far more frequent than any other vehicle I have had. Furthermore, the electrical problems are uncanny.. it all began in 2009, when the power doors and windows stop working, also my car alarm beeps for no reason at all, but it will not stop unless the keys are entered into the ignition..I have tried purchasing a new remote and battery for the key pad. Also for some reason the key also gets stuck in the ignition as well as the stick is very hard to move from one gear to the next ( Automatic Transmission).In addition to the keyhole on the driver side door had to be replaced which was $200. Furthermore just recently my running light have went out I had a diagnostic done and i was told that there is a shortage in the electrical system and if not fixed in time my car could catch on fire..!!!!!!! This is the first vehicle I have purchased on my own and I am regretting it through and through..I am a college student as well as a mother therefore I need a dependable car, and every day I am in fear for my life that the computer system or wiring will trip and something bad will happen. I just feel as though besides the maintenance that all cars need which I am current on, I should not have to worry about these additional problems and perhaps GM should reconsider a recall on these vehicles before someone gets hurt!!!
    I am sorry to hear of the concerns that have arisen with your Aura. If you like, we can look further into this situation. Please email us more information about this, including your name and contact information, user name, last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, involved or preferred dealership, and a description of any times you've been in to the dealership for this concern.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • alyssinabubblealyssinabubble Member Posts: 1
    Sarah:

I am also having the problem where my cruise control doesn't work and my doors will not lock when I shift into gear. My check engine light just came on, and it probably has something to do with the traction control like the others'. I would like to avoid spending a lot of money on this, seeing as it is a known issue. Do you have any recommendations for the best course of action? Thank you.
    Good afternoon,

I can understand wanting to use your resources effectively in getting these electrical concerns taken care of with your Aura.

We can start with looking into your vehicle's information to see if there are any open recalls associated to your VIN. To do this, please send us an email with the last 8 digits of your VIN.

As far as working with a GM dealership to get your vehicle diagnosed, we can set up a Customer Assistance case for you. There would be a diagnostic fee for the process that you would likely still be responsible for. Also, as the dealership would need to duplicate the concerns, but it sounds like these are occurring regularly. They would also be able to check your engine light and read any codes that are there. Customer Service would be available to help get you set up at the dealership and to follow up after the diagnosis. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please email us, in addition to the last 8 digits of your VIN, your name and full contact information (phone and address), the name of your dealership, and your vehicle's current mileage.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • onefunkaronefunkar Member Posts: 113
    when check engine light comes on push the blue button on the mirror and they will tell you what is wrong. ive done this alot with cars over the past years.
  • carriebobarriecarriebobarrie Member Posts: 1
    We regret the day we bought our 2007 Aura. From the get go we had that traction electrical issue and dealership has changed several wires. I am driving along the service engine traction light goes on and engine powers down, so annoying. Finally "knock on wood" it has not happened for several months. I need to look at the paperwork to inform some of you as to what wire they just replaced. Car not here now as my husband and son are picking it up 100 mi away where it broke down Sunday. I had to get a new fuel pump $780.00! I only have 39,500 mi on this car. That is ridiculous. I plan on writing a letter to GM. We will be trading this car when we have the opportunity. It is truly a lemon.
    did you have to pay for fuel pump? should be under 5/100. if you are out on time they should goodwill it because of mileage .
    Good morning,

I apologize that you have encountered so many frustrations with your 2007 Aura. Was your recent repair on the fuel pump done at a GM dealership? We're available to investigate this situation further, if you like. Please send us an email with more information, including: your name/username, contact information (phone and address), the last 8 digits of your Aura's VIN and current mileage (I realize you posted it here, but sometimes it's difficult to link up an email with a post in the forum), as well as the name of your current dealership.

Looking forward to assisting,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • benzoilbenzoil Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2009 saturn aura with 65,000 miles. Car has been great. I have run into an unusual problem. occasionally i get in the car, turn the key and nothing happens. I tried again later, it started. I took the car to a mechanic. check the computer found nothing. Now 6 months later on a trip and stop the car and when i attempted to restart nothing. No lights, no nothing.. I had a guy put a jumper on it and started right up. Had the better tested and everything was OK. So, here I am an occasion problem that doesn't show any computer error codes.

Anyone else had this occur? Did you ever find a solution?
    next time it does this make sure it is in park or try heutral. there is a bulliten on shift linkage for 09 auras and may not know it is in park. also computer may not be reading key corrrectly. try different key.
  • dkearn01dkearn01 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2009 Saturn Aura and have the same traction control/reduced engine power issue. Can you tell me how your's was fixed? The place i'm taking it can't figure it out and suggested I get a new batttery. I did and it still does it. The codes that read out our all low voltage codes they say. Which wire did they change? Thanks
    Dkearn01,
    Are you currently working with a GM dealership? If so, we're available to assist in the process.
    I look forward to hearing from you,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • dkearn01dkearn01 Member Posts: 2
    We will be as of Monday. We will be working with a GM dealership, Frank Beck Chevrolet. They say they have the proper diagnostics to track the issue. My car troubles couldn't possibly come at a worse time as I am 8 1/2 months pregnant and now will be without a vehicle.
    Congratulations! Hoping for a happy and healthy child!

In regards to the dealership visit - how have things gone? I realize that the appointment was for today. If you would like to set up a Customer Assistance Case and have us be involved in the process, please send us an email with more information, including: your name and contact information (phone and address,please), the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and name of your dealership.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • 07aura07aura Member Posts: 1
    I have an 07 same problem with 80K miles.. My car stopped one day & called onstar got a jump; took it to an autozone store to get battery checked.. was told smthg was draining the battery & it wasn't the starter. Purchased new battery jumper cables & the next day car wldn't turn on @ all had it towed to Nimnicht Chevy.. Asked them to check a leak also, they had my car @ Nimnicht Chevrolet for almost 4 days to find out it was smthg electrical $225 later car runing but still have leak.. (I will post the exact prob for you) But they cldnt find the leak; how ironic the next wk took to have tires rotated & mechanic stated "you have a leak" & told me it was my water pump.. wow after being under the car for abt 5 mins or so, mechaninc stated the hoses shldv been hand checked & not pressure checked when leaks are involved.. Called Nimnicht over a month ago spoke with Service mgr & still no call back & now my check engine light is on. So now I am abt to put out over $500 or more to have my car repaired when it shldv been done correctly the 1st time.. I just don't know if the service mechanics know how to really do & recognize repairs w/o a computer.. Sad
    I understand why you are frustrated with this situation. Thank you for your patience with us as we work to sort out the concerns you are having with your Aura. If you're interested, we are available to help follow through with the dealership and to further evaluate your situation. Please get in touch with us via email with more information, including your name/Edmunds username, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and any upcoming appointment information you may have with Nimnicht Chevrolet.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • jpyle70jpyle70 Member Posts: 1
    As many others have posted I am also having problems with traction control/ engine power reduced
    My 07 Saturn aura xr with only 25,000 miles on it gave me that nice little present yesterday on my way home from work. Seriously?!!! Only 25,000 miles and the water pump went bad and now this?!! What did I get myself in to?!! The worst part is I don't think I even have powertrane covered any more. Is GM doing anything about this common problem? I really don't want to get raped at the stealership again.
    We would be happy to assist as best we can, either by getting you the parameters for your powertrain coverage on your vehicle and/or by setting up a Service Request through Customer Assistance so we can work with your dealership towards diagnosing this. Please send us an email with more information, including the last 8 of your VIN, and let us know what direction you would like to go in.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • shell79yveshell79yve Member Posts: 2
    My 2009 Saturn Aura has been doing the same thing...it started this summer of 2011, we took it to the dealership we purchased it from and they replaced with a complete new computer in the car and stated it would take care of any issues (we also purchased the extended warranty when we bought the car, glad we did)...well as of Monday (Jan. 30, 2012) it has started up again with the hiccups, flashing lights, dinging and stating SERVICE ESC and the track light and engine light will pop up...it is staring to do this a lot more frequently in the last couple of days...I do not know what seems to be the problem with this, but my "used to be reliable car" is starting to be a pain and a disappointment!
    Please let us know if you are planning on visiting your dealership to have this looked into as we would like to be available to assist.
    Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • meg20meg20 Member Posts: 1
    i would get the timing checked out on it and the the converters. my car was doing that and my cars been down for three months if those go out you could have to replace it all like me and then maybe your engine
  • doug133doug133 Member Posts: 1
    What was draining the battery? How was the electrical problem corrected?
  • tasteagtasteag Member Posts: 4
    2007 Saturn Aura Green Line. Today driving home from work I was getting onto the interstate from the onramp when my car all of a sudden lost power and flashed service soon traction control. As my car lost power very quickly I was almost rear ended by a semi thank god I looked up in time to swerve to the edge. As this is my only car and seeing that this issue seems to be occuring to alot of people there should be a recall placed on this vehicle before someone gets killed from this, obviously flawed feature of the car. Who makes a car that looses power that fast. Have there been many deaths reported from this issue, because I thought for sure I was gonna be one today. If there are non reported someone should look into how many saturn aura have been rear ended in the cause of death. I am assuming there will be quite a few.

Troy S.