Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Off Road Diesel for New diesel engines

jagenbroadjagenbroad Member Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Chevrolet
Can the new Chevy Diesel engines run on off road fuel? Since they now run on ULSD. Does anyone have any experience with new (07-present) diesel running on off road fuel?

Comments

• hillsdale56hillsdale56 Member Posts: 15
    Hello here is the reason. Those trucks 07 and later have dpf (diesel particulate filter). If you run a high sulphur feul you will clog the filter, and set a code. With an o6 and lower you should be ok, no dpf's you need to run 15~40 ci oil also, this is low ash.
  • frankjones12frankjones12 Member Posts: 1
    my 2005 duramex has 86000 miles it has got to where it will not crank without starter fluid what could be wrong
    Check your glow plug fuse first. If its blown find out why.
    Does your volt meter show a voltage drop when the glow plug light comes on in the dash? Do you get an indicator on the dash with a cold engine. I doubt all your. Glow plugs failed. Do you have a check engine light? If so find out the code number, and what it relates to. Please let me know what you find, hope you solve your problem.
This discussion has been closed.