Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Avalanche Speedometer

2»

Comments

• rpautirpauti Member Posts: 1
    How do I get to the video to remove the cluster? Could you send me a link?
  • garthwgarthw Member Posts: 15
    I Have noe Idea, Thi is the first I've heard of it ?
  • mserramserra Member Posts: 1
    Here you go Bruce...this might help. Not the video but a good document.

http://www.sound-expressions.com/rides/avaspdrpr.pdf

It has great descriptions and pictures on how to fix this problem.

You also might want to try this quick fix I just did this morning. Pull out the DIC (Digital Instrument Cluster) fuse from the main fuse box at the front in the engine compartment. Then start the truck. Then turn it off and re-install the fuse. This "zero's" the needles and you are ready to go.

Someone else suggested moving the gear shift to "drive" prior to starting the truck...they said this does the same thing without having to remove and re-install the fuse.

Good luck!
  • b777b777 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,I'm so glad I read your post ref the speedometer recall on the Avalanche,I you do not mind can you please E mail me a copy of the recall,also did you have any problems with your dealership on replacing the cluster,my add is "rangoh8@aol.com",thanks in advance.....Randy
  • b777b777 Member Posts: 3
    I'm having a problem with my speedometer as well,can you please email me that recall letter so that i can take to the dealership,thanks in advance,my email is"rangoh8@aol.com"
  • tabgtabg Member Posts: 1
    Our speedometer just stopped working. Found the recall info on the discussion board. Went to local Chev dealer and was told the promotion expired June 2010. Our avalanche only has 65000 miles on it. Shouldn't GM have sent us a notice of the recall on the instrument board? Any suggestions of where to go/call to get GM to warrant this? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
  • dfresh1dfresh1 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for this info...we pulled the fuse, cut the truck on and then off, inserted the fuse back in and restarted the truck and the speedometer was reset.