Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

cadillac, which one

johnson21johnson21 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Cadillac
hello
i found this car in a movie "American Gangster" and i saw this car n fell in love with it
its a cadillac i know this much
but thats all i know about it
ill include a pic

i wanna know which cadillac and which model and how much is it worth

this is the pic

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Sorry that's a busted link, or they won't let you link to it.
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,168
    The car on the right? I believe that's a Lincoln Continental/Town Car ca. 1973-74, and for maybe 4-5K you could find an excellent example.
  • bumpybumpy Member Posts: 4,425
    sez there was a '69 Cadillac Eldorado in the flick.

• lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    ...seeing a black 1971 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham. Too bad I can't see the link. I could easily tell you what it is.
    Very odd...the link works for me, it's a Lincoln on the right and I think an early 70s Dodge police car on the left
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    I couldn't see it either, so I right-clicked/copied/pasted into new window. Yes, a Lincoln, like you said.
  • andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,686
    I tried right-clicking and getting a message saying I was forbidden to go there!! So that got my curiosity even more aroused! :P Anyway, I did get it to come up and yeah, looks like an early 70's Lincoln Continental, with maybe a 1971-ish Fury police car chasing it.

Shouldn't be too hard to find one of those in decent shape, for not a lot of money. The Continental Mark IV is the one that most people who lust after those things want.
  • johnson21johnson21 Member Posts: 3
    well the lincoln looks like it
    even tail lights the same
    but the car in the movie dont have that place for spare tire at the bak
    well i cant get any clear shot but the one i already posted
    and the link works pretty fine
    lol all i know that car in the movie looks the most beautiful thing i seen
    n i want it

this is a new link hope it works

thanx for all comments

bye
    I think these Lincolns did exist without the spare tire hump on the trunk. I haven't seen one on the road in some time. Maybe search google images? Or the Internet Movie Car Database?
  • johnson21johnson21 Member Posts: 3
    i did
    i didnt find that car
    but sum1 posted here earlier it was a 1969 eldorado n its shown in the IMCDb
    but it aint the one
    coz the car m lookin for has a white roof
    this one has a brown one
    aint the one

but thanx
  • andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,686
    If you want to see some better pics of these cars, go to eBay and search for "1974 Lincoln", "1975 Lincoln", etc. I think that one pictured above is a 1974, and there is a '74 for sale on eBay, but they only show one pic, of the front.

As for the spare tire bulge in the back, the Continental Mark series had that, although it could have been an option on the regular Lincolns. FWIW, Lincoln called just about EVERYTHING "Continental" in the 70's, and that leads to a lot of confusion. These big Continental sedans and coupes were the equivalent of a Cadillac DeVille in the 70's, whereas the Continental Mark III, Mark IV, Mark V, etc were the equivalent of an Eldorado. And again, it's the Marks that have that bulge.

Most Continentals just had a squared-off rear that looks like this. I think this one is a 1978. That 1974 era style pretty much looked the same through 1976, with the low, wide grille. It was restyled slightly for 1977 with a narrower, taller, more neoclassic/pretentious looking grille, and then that style lasted through 1979. I think the 1977-79 styles are the ones that survived for the most part, and seemed to be EVERYWHERE for awhile. GM downsized its big cars in 1977 and their smaller Cadillac DeVilles were a runaway hit. However, one consequence of this was that there were still a lot of people out there who wanted a huge, oversized car, and to them GM's new cars were actually midsized. Chrysler still offered huge cars, but not quite at this price point. The New Yorker was a nice car, but more of an Olds 98/Buick Electra class of car. So suddenly in 1977, the Lincoln Continental was the only car left in its class...a big, non-downsized luxury car. People started buying these things and since they knew there would never be a car this big again, they decided to start hoarding them, thinking they'd be a collector's item someday.

Personally, I think the earlier models are nicer looking, like that '74 above on up to '76. I just don't think the later models, with the more upright, skinnier grille, looks as good.
This discussion has been closed.