Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Pathfinder Transmission Problems

Comments

• telephonytelephony Member Posts: 8
    Basically Nissan is taking a calculate risk here. By slightly extending the warranty and caring for just enough failure cases, their hope is they will calm enough of the masses and avoiding a recall. If they would have recalled the radiators immediately upon knowledge of the defect, this would have saved them from dealing with numerous transmission replacements and customer satisfaction concerns.

According to DOT, the average driver in the US drives 13,476 miles a year. It is interesting to note on the NissanAssist website that the CVT warranty extension is 12y/120,000m.

I am no lawyer, but hope someone with legal expertise can comment on the class action lawsuit. It seems like potentially one needs to opt out if they find the terms unacceptable and can attend a Fairness Hearing on March 14, 2013 in White Plains, NY.

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/ohim/onh00/bar8.htm
    http://www.nissanassist.com/web/CVT/index.php?menu=8
    http://www.nissanatoilcoolersettlement.com/Documents/NNS0001/Preliminary%20Appro- val%20Order(2).pdf
  • lauracpalmerlauracpalmer Member Posts: 35
    I was pleased to see at least this and emailed it to my husband. He called me immediately after and we agreed that we have to think about it but maybe getting $2500.00 to $3000.00 out of the $6000.00 we paid is better than nothing. Then I read the class action lawsuit attached.

The agreement for the "eligible" customers to be reimbursed for previous replacement and repair it appears you had to be part of the class action suit, which is at the bottom of the page.

Several times since the suit was in the beginning process I tried to get through to this law firm in NY and was never replied to. So even though I sent them all the pertinent info I doubt we are eligible customers. But, I am taking that as a good thing. I would not be surprised if Nissan has set an amount for repair and replacement that is far below what many of us have had to pay, which is on the average of $5000.00 and $6000.00. Six thousand seems to be the most common number over the last couple years.

I would love to see a recall. There are too many variables with lawsuits and it bugs the hell out of me to see Nissan get off on any of this. I am still very concerned over the safety issues that they seem to not at all acknowledge.
  • davejohnkydavejohnky Member Posts: 2
    As there is a great deal of disscussion on this topic, I'll try to add only what I think people can use or will use. I replaced the Radiator in My 2007 Pathfinder as Insurance. (@50,000 miles) The Trans cooler had not started showing any signs of failure. The issue with these is well documented oil cooler tube in the bottom of the radiator which may crack with age and use, its poorly eningeered and made. (American Made) The stock cooler is of a aluminium one piece design with what apears to be pressed on inlet and outlet fittings, the cracks have been appearing on the outflow side, (to the upper fan trans cooler, then to the transmission) side from what Ive seen. The cooler can be replaced at a local radiator shop far cheeper than a new transmission, (ensure they use the copper cooler with brazed fittings and not a geuine Nissan replacment part) ( You do not have to replace the entire radiator) some have recommended the bypass procedure, I decided not to do that as I pull a trailer and the aux oil cooler might not cool as efficiently, in hotter states that might be a no-no. If you own the years affected by this issue it might be a good idea to ethier replace the Rad or the cooler, for less than $500.00 you can have piece of mind. If you mechcnicaly inclined, I purchased a replacment radiator from JC whitney for $130.00 shipped to me @ 160.00. Took about a afternoon, and I went ahead and replaced the hoses and belts so I wont need to do that. (Belt change is a breeze on the PF) For those of you who decide to tempt fate, at least check your fluid weekly, its a 10mm bolt holding a regular dipstick.
  • cmscott2cmscott2 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder, I have 90,154 miles, and have been the sole owner. At about 75,000 miles my fuel gauge stopped working and my service engine light does not go off. Apparently I need a new fuel sensor, but this seems to be happening to a lot of people. I called Nissan to complain, still waiting for a call back. Of course they extended the warranty on this but it happened after 60,000 miles. also now my vehicle vibrates at about 40 mph and 60 mph, is this my transmission?
    Besides having to replace the tranny and radiator my fuel gauge also stopped working and engine light came on. After seeing many expensive complaints due to the sensor we were fortunate that we took it to a local car parts shop where staff was nice enough to use a diagnostic code reader, which pointed out it was a sensor. He reset it and it's been fine. I have to tell you though, we cannot wait to trade it in and will never buy Nissan again. As we keep advising, report any issues to NHTSA related to safety and especially related to the transmission. One class action suit was won, but only for those involved from what we've seen and they are still getting ripped off. There needs to be a recall!
    Just a reminder as to how important it is to report the transmission/radiator problems to NHTSA. Concentrate on the safety issues if you were driving during this occurrence, or even fear of what could have happened if you were in traffic at the time.

Safety is what creates recalls, which leads to getting the transmission, radiator and anything related taken care of at no cost. And hopefully reimbursement for those of us stuck with these unsafe lemons. The more complaints they get that are safety related the better.

Also be careful in reporting it http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/index.cfm to use these components as this is what NHTSA is doing the investigation on. The top two seem to have the largest number of complaints but there are some connected with the engine and cooling system so NHTSA is not getting the full picture of the number of complaints.

Component(s) :
    POWER TRAIN
    POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
    POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)
    POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:COOLING UNIT AND LINES
    POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:TORQUE CONVERTER
    Hi cmscott2. I received a message via email that you posted about a link and also trying to get a petition started but your post does not show on this forum. My email is lauracurtisspalmer@yahoo.com if you would send me any info you have. This link goes to a Facebook page warning against Nissan. Unfortunately there are not many members. And unfortunately too from what I am seeing the complaints are spread onto so many forums that it is hard to gage how many there actually are. I've been trying to post to as many as I can find to get folks to complain to NHTSA since that is really the one important are to file safety somplaints, which is the only way to force a recall. Having it be more then just the Pathfinder too makes it that much more confusing since the same issue covers from 2005 to at least 2010 and a range of different four wheel drive Nissans. And that they are doing thier best to add confusion doesn't help. However I am glad to see that with the one settlement over a class action suit shows they know it is being taken seriously is a little relief.

Folks, please keep reporting to NHTSA and make it clear it is a huge safety issue!!!! Only way for a recall.
    Hi cmscott2. I received a message via email that you posted about a link and also trying to get a petition started but your post does not show on this forum. My email is lauracurtisspalmeryahoo.com if you would send me any info you have. This link goes to a Facebook page warning against Nissan. Unfortunately there are not many members. And unfortunately too from what I am seeing the complaints are spread onto so many forums that it is hard to gage how many there actually are. I've been trying to post to as many as I can find to get folks to complain to NHTSA since that is really the one important are to file safety somplaints, which is the only way to force a recall. Having it be more then just the Pathfinder too makes it that much more confusing since the same issue covers from 2005 to at least 2010 and a range of different four wheel drive Nissans. And that they are doing thier best to add confusion doesn't help. However I am glad to see that with the one settlement over a class action suit shows they know it is being taken seriously is a little relief.

Folks, please keep reporting to NHTSA and make it clear it is a huge safety issue!!!! Only way for a recall. PS this is the Facebook site: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/BEWARE-OF-2005-NISSAN-PATHFINDERS-/114117588602- 598?fref=ts
  • finztotheleftfinztotheleft Member Posts: 19
    while i ditched my broken Pathfinder a year and still curse Nissan to this day...i received a piece of junk mail from them today. How interesting the warranty has been extended to cover the radiator and its component parts (transmission, not power train) to 10yrs/100,000 miles- whichever comes first. Still no RECALL!

Now the real fun part to this "wonderful"news from this piece of crap company is that it comes with a...wait for it....CO-PAY! That's right! If one were to exercise the 10yr/100K miles you get to pay 3K yourself! How wonderful is that!!!!!! Oh thank you Nissan for extending the warranty on something that should be RECALLED. Your commitment to your owners safety and satisfaction is like no one else.

For those who have paid for fixes already there is an online claim form that you can submit in the next few weeks at www.nissanassist.com. Of course they state that this reimbursement is subject to certain terms, conditions, and exclusion. Wonder if I can get them to pay for all my rental cars and repairs that we not needed?????

Meanwhile I am very happy with my Honda Pilot and the quality of care that Honda provides to me as an owner.
    This was a message I posted a few days ago. This is about a class action lawsuit Nissan settled and is only to save their butts a little and still end up with big ripped off bucks. Did you sign up for a class action suit? The reason I am asking is that the way they word it to me it appears you have to be part of the suit to get reimbursed, but those after the suit get part of it paid for. What I would be concerned with if anyone goes for this is if they set a limit for what they will pay. In our case we paid $6000.00.

I would not be surprised if they set it for something like $4000.00 and we end up paying $3000.00 being over 90,000 miles so end up with only $1000.00. I would rather keep pushing for a recall that will help everyone and teach Nissan a lesson about loyalty and ethics.

My previous message:
    Looks like Nissan has extended the warranty again to avoid admitting a defect in the radiator. Here are the details with links:

Up to 8 years/80,000 miles (whichever comes first): No customer co-pay
    After 8 years/80,000 miles (whichever comes first) up to 9 years/90,000 miles (whichever comes first): Customer co-pay is $2,500
    After 9 years/90,000 miles (whichever comes first) up to 10 years/100,000 miles (whichever comes first): Customer co-pay is $3,000

http://www.nissanassist.com/web/Radiator/faqs.php?menu=22

http://www.nissanatoilcoolersettlement.com/CaseInfo.aspx?pas=nissanatoilcoolerse- - ttlement
    Nov 06, 2012 (8:39 am)
    Just a reminder as to how important it is to report the transmission/radiator problems to NHTSA. Concentrate on the safety issues if you were driving during this occurrence, or even fear of what could have happened if you were in traffic at the time.

Safety is what creates recalls, which leads to getting the transmission, radiator and anything related taken care of at no cost. And hopefully reimbursement for those of us stuck with these unsafe lemons. The more complaints they get that are safety related the better.

Also be careful in reporting it http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/index.cfm to use these components as this is what NHTSA is doing the investigation on. The top two seem to have the largest number of complaints but there are some connected with the engine and cooling system so NHTSA is not getting the full picture of the number of complaints.

Component(s) :
    POWER TRAIN
    POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:TORQUE CONVERTER
  • kbmcland1kbmcland1 Member Posts: 1
    I am currently going thru this situation and being told by Nissan I will need to pay oh not 3000.00 but 3300.00 for this issue. My Pathfinder was just in in July for the routine oil and transmission check no mention of this issue at all! where do I start in helping with this class action law suit or recall?
  • nissan07pathnissan07path Member Posts: 10
    I have a 2007 pathfinder type s. I have the radiator/transmission problem. I also have stumbled on another problem: my car will not start or crank I found it online that the flooded valve body may be the reason for this. does anyone have a definite answer? :lemon: :sick:
  • pathfinder2008pathfinder2008 Member Posts: 16
    contact your local BBB and just get it on file. Again as mentioned above by someone, we are being told the only way a recall can happen is if your car caused you to almost have a significant accident. So tell them about if your car stopped in the middle of the intersection and your near miss accident etc.. then contact the Nissan Corporate Office and through my experience, and give them the same information. THey do not car if your car just stopped or would not start etc. they are only interested in the dangerous situation your were in or almost in. If enough people call and explain their "safety" issue, this is the only way they will put out a recall. There is also a National place where people call to report car issues and resolve they are not getting. ALl is placed on record.
    It's a shame that many many people have and are having this issue and Nissan will not do anything unless there was a safety issue, and that they do not care about the many people having the problem in general "that they knew was a problem". They are ignoring that fact. Just imagine all the people not knowing to place their issue on this site and have just accepted nothing will be done for all of them. And the people who have the problem and were lucky enough not to have a serious safety issue.
    please post here all the information we could do to write or call regarding our issues.
    Is there any case documentation we can review that would assist us in being able to articulate and express our issue. How much was small claims and can you direct us how to get this started. I and I know others so appreciate your shared information.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    This case where the woman sued Honda may help.
  • shawnster2010shawnster2010 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2007 Pathfinder SE. Has been out of commission for 1 year because I cannot Offord the cost of fixing my blown transmission due to coolant leak from rad. I know about this new warranty
    Extension and class action lawsuits but Nissan Canada is still not even acknowledging Nissan's new warranty extension. They say they don't even know it exists in the US. This is brutal. I have been told that I need to start a class action lawsuit in Canada to get them to wake up. My vehicle is made in Tennessee along with every other pathfinder in North America But when Nissan U.S. releases a new warranty, Nissan Canada doesn't follow suit? This is sickening.
  • davejohnkydavejohnky Member Posts: 2
    I would think its covered, Nissan sent me the extended warranty this week. I also have and 07 LE. Remember Nissan is prorating the amount based on mileage. Contact your dealer in Cananda, dont let them BS you. They Know about this issue, I would not think any Nissan Dealer worldwide would not have been notified. The Resoultion of the extended Warrenty is the result of the Lawsuit settlement in the US, I would think Canada would be in on it as well.
  • litulldawglitulldawg Member Posts: 2
    My mom has a 2005 Pathfinder that she bought new, it has about 75,000 miles on it and the transmission went out 3 days ago. When checked we found that there is antifreeze in the transmission fluid. Is there any info someone can give me on this? Someone told me about this site, and now I am seeing that we arnt the only ones having these problems. I was told something about a class action lawsuit and a list of people on it, can anyone tell me if this is true and if so where can I find the info on it. Should I file a complaint with someone,if so who?
    I know I sound like an idiot, which is pretty much true in this situation as I don't know much at all about any of this and would really appreciate any info/help I can get on/with it.
  • valkamavalkama Member Posts: 5
    Just take it into the dealer and get it fixed. You are still under warranty
  • cmscott2cmscott2 Member Posts: 2
    Can someone please tell me what the warranty is on the pathfinder transmission. Thanks!
    The drivetrain warranty is 5 years/ 60,000 miles for the 2006 Pathfinder. (link)
  • sandkon1sandkon1 Member Posts: 11
    Get the car into the dealer and start the paper trail . You can then call nissan assist and open a claim. You must be vigilant with nissan. They extended the warranty on the trans radiator problem. The radiator leaks into the trans cooler and contaminates the trans fluid . They need to replace the radiator, transmission and flush the entire system. Stand your ground and don't let them charge you. They covered mine and the rental car. I still having a problem with vibration in the car. But that is another issue. Good luck with your claim . Nissan North America 1800-647-7261
    If the vehicle only has about 75,000 on it and within 8 years the extended warranty is still good and she is one of the few.
    http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/06/nissan-suvs-under-nhtsa-investigation- -for-transmission-issues.html

Once it's past the 80,000 or eight years this is where the lawsuits come in. As someone else wrote she needs to get it to a dealership ASAP to get the paper trail going and hopefully get all replaced and fixed for nothing. No matter what though she should report it to NHTSA if she was driving and it failed and report this as a safety complaint. The lawsuits are fine but it is a recall that is what is really needed to pull these vehicles off the road and fix them before someone is killed or seriously injured. One lawsuit in NY was settled but all they did was extend the warranty and make the consumer still pay a huge amount of it out of pocket as a co-pay. I was not part of that one. I am looking into one from Texas and was contacted by one of those who are lead complainants if nothing else to get back part of our $6000.00 we paid. But we still filed a serious safety complaint with NHTSA and this case is being investigated for a possible safety recall. http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/defect/results.cfm?action_number=DP12- 004&SearchType=QuickSearch&summary=true
  • usvsnissanusvsnissan Member Posts: 1
    Do you any other info on the lawsuit in TX. I am very interested.
    Does anyone know whay my post are not showing here.
    Thanks
    edited November 2012
    We remove posts that solicit our members, including those those that are soliciting for people to join a class action or ask members to email them (that defeats the purpose of an online community). You would have gotten an email but you got here via Facebook. Please see the Membership Agreement link at the bottom of the page for details.
  • shawnster2010shawnster2010 Member Posts: 2
    I've been notified from Transport Canada (our equivalent to the NHTSA) that Nissan Canada's upper echelon knows about the warranty extension and will be rolling out a program here as well. As of today I still haven't heard from them.
    Where are you located Dave? And thanks for the comments
  • jbarzekejbarzeke Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    My 2007 Pathfinder developed a high pitched 'whine' within the past 3 months so I decided, as many people do, to come online and see if anyone else is experiencing the problem and ran in to this mess! As a coincidence, I received my Nissan NA notice of the radiator/transmission issue - warranty extension a couple of days ago. It took all three to hit me in the head that I may be experiencing early symptoms but read only one post that complained of 'engine/transmission whine.' I just turned 65k on it and love the vehicle in all other respects...my first 'foreign made' car as it would be. I went right out and inspected the transmission fluid which appears fine (no coolant infiltration). I have no other symptoms and have had not one single issue with this vehicle to this point and I am the original owner. So questions: Is this an early symptom of impending doom? Will Nissan make necessary fixes prior to catostrophic failure? Should I pay out of pocket at an independent for a new radiator NOW? All input would be greatly appreciated and I accept that everyone's situation is unique to them...I'm just fishing at this point. Thanks to all and Happy Holidays!
  • gharpmangharpman Member Posts: 88
    Went thru the whole mess with my 2005 Pathfinder--Radiator,Trans. Finally got them to pay for repair/replacement after a year of bickering. They do not stand behind their vehicles. To date they have not officially issued a recall notice. They did supplementary things--ext warranties etc., but not good enough. I got rid of the looser and Nissan and bought a Hyundai Santa Fee in 2011. Best move i ever made. Nice vehicle (6Cyl engine) plenty of room inside. Great acceleration. Only gripe I have is that the Sticker Gas mileage range is a lot higher than I'm getting (14-17MPG vs. 22-28 MPG);but it takes regular gas.
    edited November 2012
    First thing you need to do is take it to the dealer and start the paperwork on the transmission issue. Don't pay for anything out of pocket unless you absolutely have to. I had my trans and radiator replaced before they actually extended the warranty. They covered everything including the rental car. The issue I have been having is still the rumbling in the trans at 45mph . Feels like the torque converter but the dealer claims there is nothing wrong after taking it back multiple times. I am pursuing other options on this. As for your whine in the trans. get the car into the dealer and get it noted. As for your car being foreign.. It is made right here in the USA. If it was made in Japan.. we probably wouldn't be dealing with this issue. I have had many Nissans through the years. Love the truck.. am disappointed with the trans issues and how the company handles it. Most likely my last Nissan. They don't care about customer loyalty or satisfying the customer.
    hello does anyone have a clue why my pathfinder does not start anymore? it has the radiator/transmission fluid problem and now refuses to start. i was told to replace the ecm is this the right way to go?
    If you have checked the obvious problems. battery, starter, battery cables and grounds on the car and you still can't get it to crank. You need to have a diagnostic scan on your car. Whether you take it to Nissan or another shop. Have it towed. Have them run a diagnostic scan on it. It is probably storing codes. They use the codes to decider the problem. Have a qualified mechanic diagnose the problem. Nissan had a tech bulletin or recall ( not sure which it was) for some of the ecm's also they have problem with the various grounds for the engine. There is also a fuel relay recall. I have been through all of the above with mine. The ground problem started with turning the key and nothing would happen . Then the next time it would start. No all of this was covered butchered are a few things to look into.
    If you just replace the ECM without the proper diagnosis. You may be chasing the problem and could be costly. Take it to the nissan dealer and see what they can find.they know your car better than anyone. Every dealership has one person who handles the difficult diagnosis pronlems. Skid you cn have that person look at your car.
  • lcplorbinatilcplorbinati Member Posts: 23
    check inline fuses..
    I had it diagnosed by a nissan dealership. They were not able to move further with obtaining codes because of the car not starting. They "recommended to replace ecm ($1400+) and have the keys reprogrammed ($150+)" I bought it to an independent mechanic today and then they could not do anything about it. So i brought it back to nissan dealership and have no other choice but to pay up that 1500+ dollars for an new ecm. Unless you have any other suggestions...
  • unrelentingunrelenting Member Posts: 42
    The ECM has an in-line fuse. Replace the fuse...if the fuse blows, high probability the transmission has been comprimised. The radiator fluid can short out the ECM. Best of luck.....
    I recieved a warranty extension notice in today's mail. Nissan is extending the warranty for the radiator/ transmission problem with co pays.
    They extended the original warranty to 8 years/ 80,000 miles with no co pay
    9 years /90,000 miles with a customer co pay of $2,500.
    10 years / 100,000 miles with a customer co pay of $3,000.
    They will have more info at www.nissanassist.com
    If you have already paid for this repair . Call 1-877-208-9275 for reimbursement eligibility.

Thought I would pass this info along. I received the notice from Nissan North America today.
  • tammyxterratammyxterra Member Posts: 4
    So I have the same prob all of you have and I have fought with Nissan for the past 6mos with no help. I started tweeting about them with the hashtag #dontbuynissan Low and behold they suddenly seemed concerned about my problem LOL! I saw a few others they were tweeting to expressing concern. Maybe its time you all took this party to twitter. It seems to get their attention. When you tweet make sure to send it to @nissansupport so they hear us loud and clear.
    The class action is bogus by the way, why should we pay one freaking dime for their poor manufacturing.
  • tammyxterratammyxterra Member Posts: 4
    Its crap that nissan thinks we should pay a single dime. Thats what I think. Their damn car stranded me on a busy highway I was lucky to get out of the way of oncoming traffic.
  • joeyhol75joeyhol75 Member Posts: 1
    To all Pathfinder owners!!! Do not wait on this!!! Go to dealer IMMEDIATELY if you have an 06 Pathfinder and DEMAND they replace your radiator!! The problem is not with the transmission. Your radiator WILL FAIL!! Causing your engine coolant and transmission fluid to mix. At about 62,000 miles on my vehile I started getting a "growling" noise from the transmission when attempting to accelerate. The radiator failed causing the two fluids to mix. Hence engine coolant was traveling through the transmission and transmission fluid was traveling through the engine. It COMPLETELY destroyed the transmission. It caused all the seals in the trasmission to fail and it even cracked the tourque converter. Luckily I was under the miles on the vehicle warrarty and Nissan had to install a new transmission and radiator. CHECK YOUR FLUID LEVELS IN THE RADIATOR. If the levels are low but you have no drips or stains on the driveway the fluid is backfilling into the transmission and will cause MAJOR damage. They've installed new equipment but now I'm still getting drips in the driveway because I believe the new seals are not tight. Trust me, don't go through what I'm going through!! I'm very close to getting rid of the vehicle and NEVER going back to Nissan!!!!!
    We did too but I cannont find any additional info on it, which makes us think there is nothing good about it. Some of us paid between 3500 and 4000 back when this started and now the average it between 6000 and 7500, in our case 6000 to fix the nightmare. We have no doubt that Nissan has come up with a low limit they will pay, on top of us paying the huge co-pay so as the person who just wrote that the class action settlement is crap, we think it probably is. I think the best end result will be a recall. There are tons of complaints going to NHTSA still. But more need to go in, instead of just complaining online. And they need to be related to the safety issues and near accidents, to hopefully force Nissan into taking care of this problem and taking responsibility before someone is seriously injured or worse. As I've been putting out there, there is an ongoing investigation already with NHTSA. Below is where to file a complaint.

"Just a reminder as to how important it is to report the transmission/radiator problems to NHTSA. Concentrate on the safety issues if you were driving during this occurrence, or even fear of what could have happened if you were in traffic at the time.

Component(s) :
    POWER TRAIN
    POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:TORQUE CONVERTER"
  • girlygirlrngirlygirlrn Member Posts: 1
    My 2005 Pathfinder the door locks periodically wouldnt work. Then the lights on the dashboard starting coming on and off. I took it to my local mechanic. He suggested I take it to a Nissan dealership because he didn't know what it was. About 5 days later, my Pathfinder wouldn't crank at the mall. I had Mall Security jump it off and it cranked. While it was just idling I had the headlights off and it kept turning them off and on by itself. I went to my parents house and it wouldn't crank. We couldn't jump it off or nothing. I had it towed to a Nissan dealership, Jim Burke Nissan. It took them two days to "figure" out what was wrong with it. They said it was the CPM?. It was going to be 1300.00. They called back a few days later and said that needed to be changed but now they think it is the computer in Transmission!?? It was going to be 8500.00. So of course they told my husband if we would buy a new Maxima we could just not worry with fixing it. The guy told my husband they honestly wasn't sure what all was wrong with it!! So, I had it towed to a Chevrolet dealership. They were the worst people to EVER deal with at Nissan and I will NEVER deal with them again!!! They thought because they couldn't figure out what was wrong with my Pathfinder I would buy a car from them!! ALL I CAN SAY IS DO NOT BUY A NISSAN!!!!
    To girlygirlm, I had similar problems. It was the ground straps in various places on the vehicle wire harness. The wiring is put into place after the vehicle chassis is painted. There are no burrs to cut through the paint when it is attached to the ground points. So in many places as the grounds vibrate loose they loose contact . They gave to go through and check each ground cable in the wire harness. That may fix some of your issues. I had to pay an hourly rate to get mine fixed. Took about 2 hours. Good luck.
    I have that same problem. Nissan tried to convince me to spend 1500+ on top of my 2500 copay to fix this problem. They said the ecm needed replacement which I said was not the problem. I refused to pay for something they could not confirm 100%. I HIGHLY SUSPECT THAT IT IS THE TCM based on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDWuF4KdA-k . I am currently getting m radiator/transmission and valve body replaced hoping that this will fix the no crank problem. Let me know if you find anything different!
    We received the lawsuit settlement letter in the mail but it's worded no differently than anything we can find online and nothing other than wait when checking on the info they give you. Have you or anyone here gotten any info as to how much Nissan will pay for the after the fact repairs? We aollre concerned that even with the huge copay they will still limit what they will pay back even though it's their Nissan techs charging. In our case we paid a couple dollars short of $6000.00. We are willing to get shorted at this point the $2500.00 but that is it. We are done getting screwed over by Nissan. We still want to see a recall, and concerned too that if we settle we might mess that up if it happens. Never again Nissan!!!
    Check this out. The document, # 72, answers my question re: whether or not Nissan will be allowed to limit what they will pay on top of the copay. Number 72 in their own words they will not cap the amount when it comes to covering those who have already paid out of pocket, but as with the current suit if you already paid you have a deadline. For those going forward it's a matter of paying the copay and Nissan is capping what the techs charge (duh!). I still don't trust this, and the lawsuit is not settled so I trust the words in the legal docs, but if the suit is not approved by the "fairness" court, I imagine Nissan can cap or do anything they want with what they have sent us.

Other than doc # 75 I don't think there is anything worth going to Pacer to download that is not on this page. I did go to Pacer and paid to download #75 just out of curiousity as to what Nissan is admitting and not admitting to. The last one is # 77, which is already on the lawsuit page. Second link.
    http://www.plainsite.org/flashlight/case.html?id=1904001
    http://classaction.kccllc.net/content.aspx?c=5247&sh=1
  • unrelentingunrelenting Member Posts: 42
    Thanks Laura....There still seems to be a lot to happen....hopefully there will be a recall. It is sad to see NNA write so much about how they are going out of the way to do what is right. That is BS. We were denied...even after NNA questioned our customer loyality...in which we produced not 1, not 2, but FIVE VIN #s of NISSAN products we purchased...all from NISSAN dealers except for 1.You know who I am now..... I will continue to fight.
  • letsgosouthletsgosouth Member Posts: 1
    Recently received the extended warranty information from Nissan for my 2006 Xterra with 81,000 miles. I had not had any problems and my coolant was the normal color, but I did not want to have the problem. I called my Nissan dealer to see how much they would charge me to replace the radiator and tranny oil cooler assembly. Their quote was $2,500...the same as my "co-pay" amount under the extended warranty had I experienced a failure. A little on-line research indicated that the actual parts costs totaled $300 - $400. Bottom line--I got a local automotive repair shop to replace my radiator for about $750. I would advise anyone who has one of the vehicles with the potentially defective equipment to be proactive and have the radiator replaced. This soured me on Nissan. As a former owner of two Pathfinders and now my Xterra, I will never again own a Nissan product.