Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Trailblazer Front Bumper behind Fascia damaged

nnonnamennonname Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
Can someone please explain the steps to repair the large metal bumper behind the front fascia. Assume I have a new metal bumper. I need to know how difficult it is to remove the fascia, replace the bumper, and re-assemble the fascia. It's a 2008 and I got backed into by another motorist. Trying to keep it out of insurance claims. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    I have an 02 and had to replace the exact same part some time ago. I don't remember a lot of detail, but I remember that it wasn't real difficult.
    I believe that I removed the grille to get access to the hardware right below it, which is two bolts if I remember right. The rest of the hardware was those plastic quick clips that you pull the center out and then the whole thing pulls out, I don't know the proper name. There was support bars on each side which had to be removed, if I remember right they were held on by those same clips. Of course the fog light cables had to disconnected. I seem to remember that on each side there some type of large built in fastener that I had to reach under and push a plastic lock back to release, then the fascia just lifted off. The plastic fasteners were different sizes so keep track of which came from where.
    The steel sub-bumper just unbolted easily for replacement.
    I think it took about two hours but most of the time I was probably laying under it trying to figure out what to do.
  • Options
    nnonnamennonname Member Posts: 2
    Thanks burdawg!
This discussion has been closed.