Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2010 Lexus RX 350

12346»

Comments

• Options
    smr36smr36 Member Posts: 59
    "The bigger problem is that most gas station don't have 91. Your choice is 89 or 93"

Not in CA. 91 is the highest commonly available.
  • Options
    swc1swc1 Member Posts: 12
    I went through the Costco auto buying program and got a price of $1,250 over dealer invoice which worked out to about $40,300 plus T&L for an RX 350 AWD with premium package but no Nav and no 19" wheels at Putnam Lexus in the Bay Area. Lease rates worked out to 5 1/2% financing. Question, are the 19" wheels that much better than the standard 18" wheels?
  • Options
    rcf8000rcf8000 Member Posts: 619
    I got the 19" wheels because I thought they look better than the 18s. I don't think they are better in any other respect. In fact, they are probably worse, like harder to find when you need a replacement and more expensive. As far as ride quality, noise, and handling are concerned, I don't think there's much difference.
  • Options
    nillydognillydog Member Posts: 4
    While parking my 2010 RX 350 yesterday in a ramp parking lot, my car suddenly surged forward and crashed into the cement wall in front of me. I had chosen a space with no one on either side to avoid scratches. As I turned right into the spot, my Parking Assist indicator started beeping on the right front side though there was no car there. It continued beeping, getting faster then BAM, I hit the wall though my foot was not on the accelerator. I reported it to Lexus Corporate and was told there had been no other instances of this reported. Has anyone else heard of this in this model?
  • Options
    While parking my 2010 RX 350 yesterday in a ramp parking lot, my car suddenly surged forward and crashed into the cement wall in front of me. I had chosen a space with no one on either side to avoid scratches. As I turned right into the spot, my Parking Assist indicator started beeping on the right front side though there was no car there. It continued beeping, getting faster then BAM, I hit the wall though my foot was not on the accelerator. I reported it to Lexus Corporate and was told there had been no other instances of this reported. Has anyone else heard of this in this model?
  • Options
    maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    edited May 2010
    A few months back, I was able to drive a 2010 RX loaner vehicle for a day-and-a-half. It had the navigation and comfort package.
    I noticed while driving that I was not able to have the XM radio show the name of the song and artist playing permanently on the screen. It would show for a few seconds if I adjusted the volume or changed the channel, and then flash back to the full screen of the navigation. Shouldn't there be a way to have a split window maybe at the top or something to continuously display the song title or the artist???
  • Options
    matt_newcastlematt_newcastle Member Posts: 1
    In my new RX350, a safety feature makes it impossible when the vehicle is moving for the driver to program or use many features of the nav system. Is there a way, when a front seat passenger is in the car, to by-pass this lock out feature??
  • Options
    just_crashedjust_crashed Member Posts: 1
    Hi there! I had a similar problem when I parked on a ramped parking space. I switched gear from driving to parking but the engine was still on. When I stepped off the brake, the car kept going foward until I hit the garage door. This shouldn't have happened if I switch the gear to parking right?
  • Options
    Please report this to Lexus. I did and of course got no where. It has to be dealt with by Lexus corporate. It took them over a week to examine my car (while I was driving a rental). Then it took a month before they got back to me. Naturally it was my fault (the brake was never depressed). I could have told them that. My incident only took about 2 seconds. I don't think one can get a foot on the brake that fast. After working with my dealership, Lexus agreed to read the "Black Box". Long story short, it cost $13,000 to fix it. We need to keep reporting this stuff to Lexus. My car is a lease car, and though I really love it, I sort of don't trust it any more. I have two more years on my lease. Hope you are OK.
  • Options
    fjohnson2fjohnson2 Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in knowing if anyone owns a 2010 RX 350 and what, if any, problems you have had so far.
  • Options
    Don't know if you read my last two posts, but as much as I love my 2010 RX350, I did experience Sudden Unintended Acceleration. As pulling into a parking space in a ramp, my car suddenly surged forward and crashed into a cement wall. Now I was going a minimal speed at the time (less than 3 MPH I would guess), but the engine revved and surged forward. As the wall was only 2-3 feet in front of me, it was over almost instantly. However I managed to rack up $13000 worth of damage on a brand new (less than 7500 miles) car. Of course Lexus/Toyota noted when they read the "black box", that I had not pressed the brake. Excuse me, who has reactions that are that quick? My car is everything I could want it to be and unfortunately more. Lexus/Toyota lies.">
  • Options
    wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    edited September 2010
    "..the car kept going forward.."

Parking brakes will NOT engage reliably while the vehicle is still moving. DO NOT release the foot brake until the vehicle has come to a FULL STOP and the parking brake/pawl has had a split-second or so to drop into place.
  • Options
    jvolkovajvolkova Member Posts: 1
    Just read your message regarding $13000 damage after accelerating from a near dead stop into a wall only 3 feet away. There is something wrong with this picture. How is it that you can incur that much damage after moving just 3 feet? Is the Lexus bumper system so fragile that it can't protect your vehicle better than this?
    And yes, you can easily move your foot from a depressed accelerator to the brake in under a second.
  • Options
    la4meadla4mead Member Posts: 347
    edited February 2011
    I can't speak for anyone else... But my foot would already be covering the brake if I was less than 3 feet from a wall in any car, especially in a car with an automatic transmission. Even if I was trying to move uphill that close to a wall, I still cover the brake.
    Nevertheless, I'd sure be ticked if my car was able to surge into a wall by itself without any driver input. It must have taken a pretty good amount of throttle signal to get the momentum to do that much damage that close to the wall. I hope you find out what happened.
    I've been a victim of SUA, too but it wasn't a fault with the car I was struck by. I'm not saying that's what happened in this case, but it does happen. When it's operator error it usually involves wide-open throttle.
  • Options
    johnxyzjohnxyz Member Posts: 94
    I understand that the Camry platform underpins the RX 350 and the Highlander. If the Camy is all new in 2012 will the RX 350 and Highlander also be all new? Any estimate of release date? I know the RX 350 was refreshed in 2010 (or 2009) but I'm interested in an all new platform. The Camry, RX 350 and Highlander have been out awhile - is the chasis a bit long in the tooth? Thanks for any insight.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hmmm...

The only things that I can think of that would be common across those product lines, other than the patently UNSAFE FWD aspect, is the V6 engine, transaxle, and the unibody type of body construction.

Other than incorporating technological advances and more mostly useless, but inordinately PROFITABLE "gadgets" (GPS, rear entertainment, etc.), I don't see changing anything other than body styling.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thanks wwest btw I've followed your analysis and comments on the Toyota awd systems over the years - to me you appear to know what you're talking about in referencing the system deficiencies.

Follow-up question - if the 2012 Camry is a new, cleansheet design; and the Camry is the basis for the RX350 and HL, wouldn't those two crossovers have significant, material changes? Afterall if the new '12 Camry is a ground-up change, I would think that would substantially change the crossovers, no? Overall dimensions, suspension, steering, interior, etc would change in the RX and HL? Thanks again for any feedback whether I should wait for a 2012 RX or HL or look at the '10/'11's now.
  • Options
    Across the board adoption of DFI with idle or cruise throttle body fuel injection would be the only possible commonality I can think of offhand.

The Spawning of the RX was clearly as a derivative of the Camry, and the HL out of the RX, but given the divergence across these three I'm not so sure of any notable sharing of design features.
  • Options
    Thanks wwest
  • Options
    myonenickelmyonenickel Member Posts: 19
    I purchased my black, no nav, 2010 rx350, 14000 miles ago. I'm not overly in love with the car. If I wanted to sell it, any idea what I could get for it and how to go about selling it?
  • Options
    ws3ws3 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2010 RX 350, with a mileage of about 10,000. Last July, when I had the second complementary service, oil leakage of the left rear strut was found and then it was replaced. Starting from the last winter, I began to hear clunking noise from the right side when I drove on the small inclines. After traveling to two dealers several times, I was told that the right front strut required to be changed. It was done today without a wheel alignment afterward. When I drove home, I noticed that the steering wheel was towards to the left side.

After visiting several websites, I learned to check the oil leakage of struts and found in dismay that the right rear one is leaking too.

Does anybody know what causes these problems? Are they just bad parts? Any thoughts?
  • Options
    ws3ws3 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2010 RX 350, with a mileage of about 10,000. Last July, when I had the second complementary service, oil leakage of the left rear strut was found and then it was replaced. Starting from the last winter, I began to hear clunking noise from the right side when I drove on the small inclines. After traveling to two dealers several times, I was told that the right front strut required to be changed. It was done today without a wheel alignment afterward. When I drove home, I noticed that the steering wheel was towards to the left side.

After visiting several websites, I learned to check the oil leakage of struts and found in dismay that the right rear one is leaking too.

Does anybody know what causes these problems? Are they just bad parts? Any thoughts?
  • Options
    degirldegirl Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    I notice a chemical smell coming out of vents when A/C is on when I turn off A/C smell eventually goes away. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Thanks
  • Options
    jodar96jodar96 Member Posts: 400
    We just bought a 2010 RX350 with Navi for my wife replacing her 2004 RX330.
    Is there any way to turn off the A/C compressor and just have the blower on to get outside air without going through the personnalized setting in navigation screen.

I know how to change the default setting.

Thank you.
  • Options
    scao1scao1 Member Posts: 7
    My 2010 RX350 (FWD) 55K miles. I took it to FireStone to change 4 tires and alignment wheel. After the alignment the VSC light went on. FireStore tried said computer need to reset (caliration), but they don't have tool. So I took car to lexus dealer and they ran check and found Yaw Rate Sensor defective, so it costs $1200 (part and labor) to replace the sensor(my car is out of warranty). I called FireStone and they said they did not touch the sensor (it sit inside the car). I don't know what to do now..any idea is help here.
    Also, I read some post about the Yaw Rate sensore. After alignment, the sensor need to be calirated (reset), otherwise, it show error. So I wonder lexus tech did caliration? or they just diagnostic and found error code about sensor and tell me to replace.