Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Lexus RX 350

Comments

• prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    Thanks but I never mentioned that it is the first SUV to be tested, I had never heard of.....
  • tom17tom17 Member Posts: 134
    The owner of my local Lexus dealership told me today that the new RX will have an i-drive type of Nav system. He was not very happy when I compared it to BMW. I personally prefer the touch screen in my GS.
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    But then there is now abolutely no reason for buying a "captive" GPS/Nav system with the STELLAR performance of the modern portables and internet FREE updates.
  • oclexusoclexus Member Posts: 2
    The newly restyled RX is only months away! Exterior changes are being made to androgenize the SUV up but the interior will be a new vehicle to all! Touchscreen nav DOES go away YES, but all should be confident that Lexus has mastered the controls ergonomically and functionally!

Denso has always been on the cutting edge and they are not slouching in high tech mastery of a new intuitive system. All of the early spy photos you have seen are NOT even close to capturing the 2010 RX!
    "Denso has always been on the cutting edge..."

Some of us in the high the industry equate the "cutting edge" with the BLEEDING EDGE.

And Denso seems to be a perfect example IMMHO.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    my sentiments exactly!!!
    I couldn't have said it better myself, Wwest!!
  • foofoofoofoo Member Posts: 5
    The next RX really has a *new* grill http://www.pantip.com/cafe/ratchada/topic/V7079518/V7079518.html

look back and forth between the first and the second pics.
  • foofoofoofoo Member Posts: 5
    Here you are

• bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    If that last picture would be like the next RX, I would place an order tomorrow!
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Where did you get the RX picture? the black1
  • sanishsanish Member Posts: 66
    My guesstimate: The dash of 2010 RX will resemble either the GS or IS and the side arm rests will not be there.
    -As seen in Lexus magazine for last quarter of 2008
  • btmnk21btmnk21 Member Posts: 2
    As seen on http://thepassionatepursuit.com/2008/10/22/2010-lexus-rx-350-optional-equipment/- - - -

Continuing in on the breakdown of the 2010 Lexus RX 350 (and probably hybrid model), here's a list of newly available-

Optional equipment:

Bi-Xenon HID Headlamps
    Automatic High Beam Feature
    Auto-dimming Rearview Mirror with Integrated Backup Camera
    Wallet-Size Card Key
    12-Speaker Premium Audio System
    USB Audio Input
    15-Speaker Mark Levinson Audio System
    Voice-activated HDD Navigation System
    XM Real-Time Traffic Capability
    19-inch Alloy Wheels
    P235/55R19 Tires
    Head-Up Display
    Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM)
    Driver Seat Variable Cushion Length Adjustment
    Front Passenger Seat Variable Cushion Length Adjustment
    Wide-View Side Monitor System
    Sport-Tuned Suspension
    Unique Wheel Finish
    Dual Screen Rear Seat DVD Entertainment System
    3-Position Driver Seat Memory System
    Heated & Ventilated Front Seats

Standard Equip:

18-inch Alloy Wheels
    P235/50R18 M+S Tires
    XM Satellite Radio (Factory Activated)
    Smart Entry System
    Push Button Start
    Bluetooth Capability
    Rear Seat Side Airbags
    Double Wishbone Rear Suspension
    Retractable Outside Rearview Mirrors
    Integrated Turn Signal Lamps
    Puddle Lamps
    Rear Seatbelt Pretensioners
    Hill Ascent Control (HAC)
    Temporary Spare Tire
    6-Speed Automatic Transmission
    Sequential Shift Mode
    Active Torque Control 4WD System
    Electric Power Steering
    Multi-Information Display
    Front Passenger Knee Airbag
    Premium Fabric Seat Surfaces
    Sliding Rear Seat
    Remote Release for Folding Rear Seatbacks
    Active Front Headrests with Whiplash Protection
    Roof Mounted Satellite Fin Antenna

Deleted Standard Equipment

Driver Foldable Armrest
    Front Passenger Foldable Armrest
    Full-Size Spare Tire
    Roof Rail Crossbars
    Full-Time 4WD System
    2-Position Driver Seat Memory System
    Auto-dimming Side View Mirrors
    Leather Seat Surfaces

It will also be unveiled at the 2008 LA auto show in November....
    It seems EXTREMELY unlikely that VDIM will be an option, not standard.
  • md_outbackmd_outback Member Posts: 185
    If anyone goes to the LA Auto Show this week, can you please share some photos of the new RX? Thanks.

MD
    Some RX info with pics from the LA Auto Show:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-10102845-48.html?tag=mncol;posts
    2010 RX350 is a big dissapointment. Some will like it and buy just because of "L".
    Exterior looks like a love child between Camry and Highlander. Interior does not have a luxury feeling like other Lexus models and the angular/swoop dash is kinda innovative but not sure if many will like it. Nice tech gadgets but what a waste when the car as a complete package is big let down. Didn't expect this from Lexus on their best selling car and a bench mark for luxury SUV's.
    But then maybe we're getting a truly functional AWD system, maybe even R/AWD.

But no word yet on DFI or not....??

But how are there implementing the Atkinson cycle on the RX450h's V6...??

I have always assumed that would require some sort of intake backflow prevention such as a reed valve as used in 2-cycle engines, or going over to the Miller cycle's positive displacement SuperCharger as Mazda did with the V6 in the Millennia S.
  • cwaynecwayne Member Posts: 81
    Is there a rear camera without having to buy the navigation system. I have an 06
    without the nav and will probably look elsewhere if the nav and rear camera are not separated.
    Yeah, Sanish, I'm having a hard time taking to the new strange and weird-looking lines of the 2010 RX. What a shame. I really like my '07 RX350 so much! It just does everything so well! Well, it was bound to happen.
    This reminds me of the new Acura TL. You take a car that's been hugely popular in its previous generation and then it becomes close to impossible to live up to the expectations for the new generation model that comes up. To me, it's not just Lexus and Acura that are facing this problem. I also think that some of the changes on the new Infinitis, such as the FX are having the same problem. I still like the previous gen FX and the
    previous gen G35 coupe better than the current versions that are out on the road today.

Oh, well. At this point, I'm kind of pinning my hopes on the new
    Audi Q5. I've been seeing several around town(probably being driven by salesmen or managers at the dealership, as the car won't be on sale until supposedly March of 2009). So far that's a sweet-looking car! Right now, I guess it's a good thing I still have a little less than two years left on my lease. That way Audi can iron out any bugs on the Q5, as I'm not so sure reliability would be quite as good as my Lexus.
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    The rear is BIG disappointment to me.
    Ugly shape & lights.
    Will look for a deal on 2009 instead.
    Hey maximafan, I'm in the same boat as you, though the lease on my '07 RX350 ends in June 2009. Based upon the pics of the new RX, I'll probably look elsewhere, but I'll wait until I see and drive one first (the interior can't really be that ugly in person, can it?). Vehicles on my list for consideration are: Audi Q5 and A4 Avant, Volvo XC60 (looks good, but may be too small and poor mpg), Nissan Murano, Toyota Venza (the Venza is rapidly coming to the top of my list). I think I've eliminated Infiniti (EX is too small & poor mpg, FX=poor mpg & too much $$), Acura (RDX=too small & poor mpg, MDX=too big & poor mpg), BMW & VW (unreliable). I agree with your concerns about Audi reliability (from personal experience). If you go with an Audi, lease it, never buy it. Then unload it before the warranty runs out. Lease it from a dealer very close to your home, since you will be visiting their service dept. frequently. And service it before taking a long trip, then get a listing of Audi dealers & phone numbers along your trip route - you may need to call them for help. Audis are neat cars but can be very quirky.
    Look, think, about how many years it took for the Porsche 911 "shape" to become BEAUTIFUL..!!

Beauty is only skin deep.

And think a functional (maybe..??) AWD system, FINALLY...!!

And maybe DFI...??
    MD, yeah, I have to agree on the Toyota Venza. I spied a few that were on an Automobile Truck that was hauling brand new Venza's going the opposite direction from me, and I thought they
    looked pretty nice. I have to admit when I do see an MDX on the road, I like the exterior styling, but since you can only get AWD,
    you get less gas mileage. I'm not liking the new face on the Infiniti FX, and as far as the Murano, well, I'm still not quite impressed with CVT transmissions.

I did get to rent a Mercedes Benz C300 Sport about a month ago and enjoyed driving that. But at this point, I still want to look into the Audi Q5. I'm a little sad about the 2010 RX still though. :cry:
    The current generation RX is so nice!!
    Does anyone know if RX350 2010 will be exhibited
    at the Boston Auto Show this week?
  • jweldonjweldon Member Posts: 4
    The RX was on my list of test-drives to replace a car that goes off-lease in 09. I lasted about 5 minutes in the dealership. In addition to the ho-hum styling, the shifter placement is odd and the amount of usable cargo space in the rear hatch is severely impaired because of (what I think is) housing for the rear suspension. I just pictured trying to put things in there from Lowes/Home Depot.

Like some of you, I too am waiting for the Q5 and the XC60 to come out before making up my mind. I do have to admit that I really like the Mercedes GLK.

As far as gas prices, I think making a decision based on that seems a little funny. There is not a great deal of variation across size and class of SUVs--at least not enough for me to settle with less features or quality in one vehicle even though these may be available on some models with slightly-worse mpg. I read a consumer discussion a while back, I think it was on the GM SUV's--since they are so cheap now, " if you're shopping for an SUV you know they get crappy gas mileage--don't complain or whine about it--just do your homework and be an educated consumer."
  • vinster29vinster29 Member Posts: 23
    After reading the first drive article on the 2010 RX350 and looking at the pics I would definitely have to say that Toyota didn't put any thought into redesigning the new RX!! They just decided that if they give the car a face-lift and throw in a bunch of gadgets, people will come in and buy it, just because it's a Lexus. I would actually prefer the current Gen RX350 over the new one. The Venza is a totally different ball of wax. Not only is the styling horrible, but it has that cheap Toyota feel to it. The interior looks awful with the fake wood and the cloth seats. And all for 35K!! What a steal!! The Venza is nothing but a cheap family wagon!! It is longer and wider than the current RX but it doesn't feel like a luxury SUV at all. Toyota has really dropped the ball with these two vehicles. :cry:
    I agree with your opinion on both the cars but before we come to any conclusion one has to see the vehicle in person and also go for a test drive. Articles are a good source but how many of us just depend on only those to decide who has dropped the ball. I am dissapointed too but holding back my views until I drive one.
    When you drove the Venza, was it AWD or FWD? I thought the AWD drove and felt pretty solid, didn't feel cheap at all (I currently drive an RX350 - so I can make a valid comparison). Maybe the FWD version feels different? And what were the cloth seats like? Here on the east coast it looks like every V6 comes with leather. Thanks.
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    Or does it just tell you if one of the tire pressure is low?
  • smr36smr36 Member Posts: 59
    Is there a site showing MSRP/Invoice for options for the '10 RX? Local dealer (San Diego) said cars and brochures should be available next week. I wonder how long it will take before there is sufficient inventory for buyers to get good deals. I was told that MSRP prices are lower than last years model without sacrificing std equipment.
    Ira dealer in Danvers of MA already has a couple cars.
    Price is in the $47K.
    The car has the VIN number starts with J. I wonder if the cars
    are built from Japan and shipped to the US.
  • GyrlwolfGyrlwolf Member Posts: 35
    Test drove the RX 350 AWD 2010 today at a dealer in Southern, NJ. Totally different feel than the 2009. I was like WOW! I'm short and in the previous model when I raised the seat all the way up, the arm rest on the right hand side was lower than my seat so it felt weird. Not so with the 2010 model. Center console is at the perfect height so felt very comfortable. The seats felt more like bucket seats that held your body perfectly like in a Acura MDX. No lean when I hit curves at high speeds and the silence was amazing. Absolutely no wind noise even on the highway! And the ease of the navigation system both verbally and with the mouse was a pleasant surprise. Oh yeah and push button start feature was cool. New model also features air conditioned seats, which will be nice in the summer on hot days. New easy release lever in cargo area easily lowered rear seats in seconds. All in all a good experience. Sticker price a little high right now though. RX 350 AWD was $47,600 with nav and $44,500 without nav. Both models look nice. No books to take home currently though and the guy didn't have any idea what the lease specials were like. Said I was only the 3rd person to test drive demo as they only had 5 in stock. Big Lexus open house on Feb 21st to let everyone test drive more and by then he states they should have books since they we're due to get the SUV in originally until 13-16 Feb. Sorry for being so long, just tried to give all info I had and my experience. :D
  • soonercatsoonercat Member Posts: 48
    Nice info, are they offering any for sale now or just demo-- then sell demo for sticker with 1k miles on them to the I must have one now group.
    Hi Soonercat :),

Just called the dealer back and he had me on hold for about 6 mins and said that they officially can start giving prices for financing and leasing, as well as selling the vehicles in stock, in the next day or so as most dealerships are getting the vehicles in until between 13-16th of Feb and their trying to be fair and have everyone start selling them on the same date. He said technically they weren't supposed to be even letting people demo drive them yet, but since they have them out front on the lot and in the display room they couldn't say no to people who drop by to see them and wanted a test drive. He said they have only 1 they are using as a demo for test drives right now (that has nav), 2 in the showroom (one with nav & one without that I saw both of) and 2 more on the lot. I asked if he thought the leasing would be anywhere near what the current lease price is and he said "Nooooo, no way, as this one is way more expensive". He was real nice and I thanked him for his time. He told me to just check back daily for info, but that it should be either tomorrow or Saturday that they start selling them. I really want one, but the new price is kinda steep for me. Might end up trying to get a good deal on a 09, even though I LOVED the feel of the 2010. Surprised with the recession, they are priced so much higher. :cry: And oh yeah, he said they already have about 12 pre-ordered for people! :surprise:
    You can now build 2010 RX on www.lexus.com
    Option prices are $2,750 (w/o Nav), $5,280 (w/Nav) and $6,580 (w/Nav,19" wheels and Heated/Ventilated Seats)
    HID nor VDIM not standard in the new RX350...

$5,280 option package to get those BASIC features.

I'll be buying a Venza.
  • soonercatsoonercat Member Posts: 48
    :shades: I just drove a Front drive. Very nice indeed. Pricey over the Venza by $10,000 for almost the same stuff. Yes nice Lexus bells and ding dongs. Not real excited about the last four silly high markup options. Smooth quiet and much much better than any photo. Stupid Bridgestone tires. Never last.
    Likely smart to wait until they feel satisfied selling at MSRP to must have now group.
    Turn off engine and seat moves back and steering wheel up. Cute. XM standard.
    Very powerful and does not feel like it gained so much weight.

Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 36800.00
    Backup Monitor (Rearview Mirror) ........... 350.00

19" Aluminum Alloy Wheels .................. 660.00
    Heated and Ventilated Front Seats .......... 640.00
    Premium Package Includes: Leather Trim Interi 2400.00
    One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof, Auto-Dimming
    Electrochromic Power Heated Outside Mirrors,
    Power Rear Door, MP3 Mini-Plug w/USB Audio Pl
    Wood & Leather-trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift 330.00
    Cargo Mat .................................. 92.00
    Cargo Net .................................. 59.00
    Glass Breakage Sensors (GBS) ............... 205.00
    Remote Engine Start ........................ 375.00
    Wheel Locks ................................ 81.00
    Cross Bars ................................. 259.00

---------

Total Accessories ...........................: $ 5451.00

Destination Charge ..........................: $ 825.00

---------

Total .......................................:$ 43076.00
    Just left my dealer in Southern NJ. Guy offers $34,500 or $35,600 (Can't remember which now, sorry lonnnnggggg day) leasing for 36 mths, 12K driving miles a yr, $399 for monthy payment, but wants $3,000 or $4,000 down and this was for a 2009 RX 350, no nav, premium plus package, Black w/black interior, which I really like. Now is it just me or is this a little pricey still? Am I being too cheap? I guess I keep thinking since it doesn't have nav shouldn't it be cheaper? They only have 1 Breakwater blue & 1 Pebble Beach in stock with nav. Any suggestions? Have a Honda Pilot whose lease is up in June but only have 3 more payments, should I got ahead and let them take up last 3 payments of $355 & get 2009 model or wait a few months longer and see if 2010 comes down some more? And with a better lease offer? :confuse:
    Tell your dealer that you are aware that the new 2010 RX350 has a muchly improved awd system and see if he wants to modivate you to buy now.
    You mean see if he want's me to lease the 2010 RX now versus the 2009? Or lease the 2009?
    You want to wait for the 2010 becuase its better. Make him work to sell the 2009.
  • staci2323staci2323 Member Posts: 2
    I have been chomping at the bit to get a 2010 RX, so I went to my local dealer in Dallas today. He was excited about the 59% residual value, but then the money factor was so poor at .00366. This put the loaded w/ nav payments with about $1700 down $808 for 36 months. I was in shock with how high these payments were. Has anyone else asked about money factors at their local dealers? Thanks!
  • terry79terry79 Member Posts: 27
    Looked at the 2010 today. Local dealer had one. Black, msrp $43000 and change.
    Looks better in person I thought. It had a J vin number. Not sure if all of the 2010's
    are going to be made in Japan or just the early ones. My wife was interested in the
    sound system because she hated the one in the 2002 Highlander we just sold. The
    Lexus we looked at had the base system and it was awful. The system in my
    daughter's Camry LE sounded better. Needless to say the wife was not happy.
    Salesman said he thought there were three sound system options but wasn't sure.
    Will have to look into that. Would hate to think you would have to spring for the Mark Levinson to get quality sound. And of course the price is MSRP. Didn't test
    drive today so can't comment on the ride.
    Yeah, I like the new Lexus, but it gets pricey to just get a lot of the simple things you'd think would be included in a "luxury" suv. ;)
  • ssoomanssooman Member Posts: 7
    My 06 Rav 4 lease just matured and I gave it back (with 20000 miles, should have bought the thing from the beginning) anyway, I am interested in getting the 2010 rx. In the mean time I am driving a hooptie until the freshness wears off the rx. I am planning to maybe get it in the december event where I could get better negotiations and better interest rate. The way I see it now, because they are fresh off the truck, you won't have much bargaining power and may end up paying too much. So my advise is if you can hold on a little longer, the prices will get better. Also, how come there is such a big difference between base MSRP from the site and what dealers are offering?