Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Subaru Forester

Comments

• volkovvolkov Member Posts: 1,306
    It's all lawyer speak. I remember the same warning in one of our other vehicles. Any time you put a body part directly in the path of a deploying airbag you could be injured.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    You may have to leave it overnight at the dealer for them to diagnose.

No check-engine light? That surprises me.
  • PanosPanos Member Posts: 14
    Anyone experience a kick during downshifts from the 4AT? It seems my 09' 2.5X Premium with 9700 miles kicks once and awhile. A couple days ago, it was doing it constantly...everytime i would take my foot off the accelerator i could feel it kick when it downshifted. I turned the car off and took it for a ride 15 minutes later and it hasn't done it since. I'm going to take it in for an oil change and i need the windshield replaced so i'm going to have them take care of a few minor issues, so i'l have the dealer check it out. There is a rattle in the passengers door and a clicking noise from the sunroof when it's closed.
  • kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Member Posts: 1,798
    Yes, I have noticed an occasional kick from the '09 XT's 4sAT during downshifts.
    Not exactly sure what causes it but have noticed it usually happens when de-accelerating.
    I asked my dealer about it but drew a blank. Will keep an eye on it and see if it gets any worse.
  • debatingdebating Member Posts: 14
    I have a 2000 Maxima thats still in good condition, so I'm not in a rush to trade. But since we're getting older, looking at a smaller SUV for easier entry, etc.
    The '09 Forester impressed us. The Subaru's have a great reputation.
    I have a concern about maintenance costs however. I've read some posts comparing costs, but not actual prices. How much higher should your normal factory suggested maintenance costs and frequency be for the Forester, than say a RAV4, CRV for example.
    I'd appreciate any feedback.
    How about resale value, are all three brands comparable?
  • morin2morin2 Member Posts: 399
    We have 3 subarus, my 09 Outback, my wife's 07 Forester, and my son's 94 Legacy (which used to be mine). My daughter is the only rebel - she has an 02 Chevy Prizm (=Corolla), which also used to be mine. I think I can be objective about maintenance frequency. The Subaru owner's manual calls for new plugs every 30K miles, along with brake fluid and coolant changes. That's a far greater frequency than other manufacturers - but we choose to buy them despite the increased frequency. Dealer prices for the service vary and the cars themselves are not difficult for independent mechanics to work on. I do the simple things (- which is everything on the 94). If I follow the recommended intervals for the 07 and 09 - I will change the plugs the 4th time when I change them for the first time on the Chevy Prizm (Corolla). I may stretch it out to 40K and examine the plugs closely. Despite the maintenance, I was convinced that the subaru AWD system's performance and driving experience (no torque steer, lower center of gravity) was superior to that of the RAV4 and CRV - both of which I considered. The one big advantage to the RAV4 is the v-6 option. Insurance savings for a subaru might be enough to partially offset increased maintence expenses.
    Thanks for the response. It's kind of shocking to see 30K plugs, brake fluid and coolant change. And plugs when most today are 100K. Is that possibly due to the boxer engine design?
    I learned when we looked at cars last summer, and the reviews for the Forester caught our eye, did some research and Subie's have a loyal following. One of my son's has the Subaru with the bed, an '05 possibly.
    Yes, I agree that it was a surprise to see a 30K change interval for a modern car and I also wondered if it was due to the boxer design (perhaps we should check Porsche's interval). I also don't intend to follow it. I'll probably change the plugs this summer on my son's 94 - they haven't been changed since 90K and it now has 150K and runs fine. My wife's Forester already has over 30K and I'll probably stretch it to 40-45k and then examine the plugs closely when I change them. I'll probably do the same with my Outback because both vehicles get almost all highway miles (mine 108 miles/day highway commute). If we drove city stop & go, and short trips, then I'd adhere to the Subaru recommendations. The complete 30K list includes a lot of "inspections" as well as oil change, tire rotation, and air filter - all of which I didn't mention originally because they are not out of the ordinary, although i usually get more than 30K on an engine air filter (but not the cabin filter!). I may have the dealer do the initial service only because things seem to be overtightened at the factory, in my experience. I look up the torque specs and ask that they tighten no more than specified. I have a Chase Subaru rewards card - and the rewards (3% rebates on all purchases,in the form of $100 subaru bucks certificates) can be used to pay for service in addition to parts, accessories, or can be applied toward a new or certified used subaru.
    It helps in making an informed decision, since Subaru has a more limited customer base to ask for feedback. But since our initial interest last summer, I've kept an eye on Subaru's on the road, most appear to be long term owners. Thats always a good sign. Some cars age well, and have mostly satisfied owners. I know our local dealer has a very limited amount of used Subie's on his lot.
    It would also depend on the dealers service department. I've always went by the owners manual for maintenance schedules. And a lot of service departments want to throw everything but the kitchen sink into the mix.
    I'll have to check the Porsche recommendation for plug change for a comparison of the boxer engine. I spoke recently to a long time reputable garage owner in town, and he said the 100K plug change recommendation on most cars is a reliable indicator.
    I do know one thing, I've been very contented with my current Maxima, it has served us well.
    for those having rough transmission shifts in their '09 Foresters, this info I got from Subaru might help:

there is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) #16-72-07 for the Automatic Transmission Learning Control Procedure which may apply to your transmission concern.

The dealer can apparently reset the transmission so it can relearn shift behavior.
  • PanosPanos Member Posts: 14
    Nice! I'll mention this to my dealer when i take it in for service. Thanks!
    Well, the 4 cylinder boxer engine has 2 heads and 4 cams, which is twice as many as an in-line 4. AWD means you have a rear diff to maintain as well, but that's not just Subarus.

And yes Porsches cost plenty to maintain, though I'm not sure if the boxer engine is the primary reason.

But overall I agree with the suggestion to get a Chase Subaru credit card and get all your maintenance for free. BMW offers 4 free years, but whoop-de-doo, we've already accumulated $400 since we got our 2009. It caps out at $500/year, so in those 4 years I'll have $2000 worth of free service, more than I spent in 9 years maintaining my 1998 Forester.

I do the easy stuff, like oil changes, but this is my wife's car so I'll probably let the dealer do the 30k, 60k, and 90k services. Even at full retail prices that would be completely free of charge for us.

Funny thing is I own a Toyota as well (Sienna), so the question is, how am I going to pay for maintenance on that van, since they do not offer such a program? ;)

PS Your son must have the Baja. The never sold well but owner's love them - it won the JD Power APEAL study among pickups.
    Yeah, it is the Baja. Never can remember that name. He travels a lot, haven't asked how many miles it has now - but it must be considerable.
    That Chase Subaru card sounds like a worthwhile deal, and I'm gun shy about credit card companies now. I've had a Citi card for quite a few years, good credit. And the first thing they did after the bailout was to jack the interest up about 6 1/2%. An appreciative bunch of thieves aren't they? Off the subject.
    When do the new models come out? I would doubt there would be any discounts on the Forester though, as every time I drive thru the lot, they have fewer on hand. Three to be exact on Sunday. None our preferred color.
    Like all rebate cards, the Chase Subaru card makes the most sense if you pay the balance in full each month - otherwise you're only fooling yourself about its value. You earn 3% on purchases, but if you're paying interest, then its self-defeating.

If there are any changes to the 2010 Forester, they will be minor. If you're on the fence about 09 vs 10 models, I think you should wait for the 2010. The 09's have been around for nearly 1 1/2 years already. There were very few 08 Foresters - as the old style (same as 07s) were discounted to make room for the 09's in January of 08 - a full 1/2 year before normal model year introduction. With no incentives to buy a 09, I would wait for the 2010 when they arrive in July or August.

The Outbacks are a different story. The 09's are being discounted with $2000 rebates combined with 2.9% financing (not as good as my wife got on her 07 Forester which was rebate + 1.9%). This is being done to make room for the all-new 2010 Outbacks. Generally, Subaru offers the best deals on the last of a generation before a new design is introduced. New ones should be at dealers by July.
  • occkingoccking Member Posts: 346
    Since 2005, during which time I have owned a 05 Outback, 06 Tribeca, 08 Nissan Altima Hybrid, and early March 09 Forester, I have "maxed out" three Subaru cards every year, entitling me to $1500 each year.

I am not exaggerating here, I really have earned $6000 through end of 2008, and already $300 in bucks this year. In fact I applied for, and got a 4th Subaru card a few months ago as every year I maxed out all three.

Now, I am not the weathiest person around, and I do pay my credit card bills always within the the grace period. I am proud to say I have never paid one ounce worth of finance charges on any credit cards my entire life (64 right now)

I do a fair amount of travel for work, and many of my expenses are reimbursed. Think about it, at 3% you need to spend almost $17,000 per year to get back $500 in Subaru bucks.

We have a few gasonine credit cards, like a Shell that always pay 5%. Had a Hess card that until recently also paid 5% but since they changed it to 3% I have closed that account. Have a Mobil Exxon card that they had a special on a few months ago, gives 15 cents a gallon with no time or amount limit. As long as gas remains below $3.00 per gallon, that is my best deal. Also have a Sears Master Card that gives 5% on supermarkets, drug stores and gas stations & can earn up to $300 per year rewards for those cards. Must difficut part is wifey remembering which card to use!

Here in Massachusetts you can pay car insurance via credit card. Same for homeowners. Oil deliveries, propane, doctors, etc. My wife now on Medicare and any who knows when you are in the "bubble" expenses for drugs can easily come up to $5000 - $6000 a year. That's $200 in Subaru Bucks.

The list goes on and one... When I got my Forester in March I had accumulated $1200 in bucks which I used at the time, already have $300 in bucks and next month should max out that card, then switch to another one.
    Wow - that's an impressive amount of subaru bucks. I had no idea that you could get more than one - but I barely reach the $500 limit annually, so one is fine for me. In addition to regular everyday purchases, we pay for cable,electric, and cell phones monthly service with the card. I'm 10 years younger than you - but like you, have never paid a cent of credit card interest. In fact, on large purchases, I offer to pay cash if there's a cash discount - otherwise its the subaru card. I don't know if I can pay my auto insurance by credit card, but I'll ask - with 2 teenage drivers, its substantial, even with liability only for them. I just sent in the homeowner's by check - darn it.

We also use the ExxonMobil card strictly for gas, and the BP which, paying 5%, is better when gas gets over $3 (it also pays 2% for travel and restaurants). I find myself using BP gas more than Exxon because our BP has slightly lower ethanol content than our Exxon (I occasionally test the ethanol content).

There's enough to worry about at the checkout line just making sure everything rings up correctly - so its understandable that your wife might not remember which card to use. My wife made a chart that she printed out & we put it in our wallets, so we can refer to it wherever we are to use the right card.
    You're the Subaru Bucks champ for sure.

We used $1400 worth for our Forester and have $400 already for service, though I'm sure the next $100 will come soon.

For us it takes about 6 months to max out on the Chase Subaru card, and like you my wife puts her business expenses on there, and gets reimbursed.

When we hit that limit we use our Shell card, which only gets 1%.

I guess we're not maximizing our rebates for the whole year, but we don't want to have any more lines of credit open because we're in the process of re-financing the mortgage.
    Sears had (we are "grandfathered" so not sure if still offer) a card that pays 5% for all supermarkets, drug stores and gas stations, limit up to $300 cash rewards.

Shell did, at least until recently have cards that paid 5% for all gas purchases. Had a Hess as well but discontinued it because they dropped to 3%.

I just hope the Subaru cards continue with all that is happening in the credit card industry a lot of these programs will probably be discontinued. Discover also has a card that pays 5%, but only on certain items that change every three months. Sometimes clothing, sometimes motels, sometimes restaurants, etc., but I have enough going on already that becomes too complicated.

I open and close credit card accounts all the time. Go to a Penny's or Macy's or Kohls & they beg you to open a new account and get 10%, maybe 15% off entire purchase for that day. I use it once, then cancel it.

I know for younger people, or those without the good credit I have that would cause a problem opening and shutting accounts like I do, as that would surely have a negative effect on their credit score, but at this stage of my life I am not worrying about being turned down for credit. Interesting, I just went on line last week to get "free credit reports" Of course once you sign up, if you do not cancel within a week or so they will automatically bill you every month for their services.
    I checked my credit scores & cancelled immediately. By the way, pretty proud of what I have, Trans Union 768, Experian 780, and Equifax 806. I really don't know why there is such a difference between all three, as they all show essentially the same info.
    I agree about not wanting to keep track of what purchases to make and when, just keep it simple.

To clarify - the Shell card gives 5% back on Shell gas purchases, not any gas purchases, AFAIK.

Our credit score was quite good so the re-fi should go through without a hitch, hopefully.

Yes Subaru PLEASE keep the deal alive with Chase, it's a sweet benefit for owners! :shades:
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,759
    Wow, great info! Thanks for chiming in, king!

All those credit cards certainly sound too complicated to me. We use only our Subaru card, though we typically max out the rewards after five to six months. I *wish* it took us a whole year to do it, but I usually put all my expenses on there, and those can be substantial during the building season.

I did not know you could have more than one Subaru card, but I may look into that in order to maximize my benefit. Once I hit the cap on the rewards, using the card provides no benefit other than the convenience of consolidating my month's expense under one account. A second card will come in real handy after we finish paying for our house in a few more years, since we will probably be tripling our building expenses for a year or two after that to finish construction.

I'm almost embarrassed to say that I have no idea what my credit score is; I suspect it is decent enough. I do that free credit check once a year to verify the activity on my reports, but it does not provide a score.

occking, do you simply submit another application for a Chase Subaru card?
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    Yes, It's easy, just go on line & apply. I assume if you have good credit it will be approved promptly. Even when I got the 4th card a few months ago, I was approved immediately. Just have to keep track of the rewards as it will cut you off without notice once you hit $500. On the anniversary date it will automatically start again. At your Subaru dealer you can probably get a brochure about getting a card, I believe you can get $25 jump start in Subaru bucks when getting a new card as well.
    For those plagued with rough shifts from their 4S AT'S, my service tech recommended the following procedure to reset the transmission so it can try (again) to learn proper shifting:

Warning:
    This was advice provided to me, and I take no responsibility for any drivability issues that may result from it. You might want to verify this info with your own service adviser before attempting it.

1. Remove (-) (black) cable from the vehicle 12v battery.
    2. Turn ignition key to ON.
    3. Depress and hold brake for 2 seconds. Repeat this several times.
    4. Reconnect the (-) battery cable to the 12v battery.

What happens?
    All the computer memories in the vehicle will be erased. IE, all stored radio stations are deleted, altered factory presets are reset to defaults, all engine and transmission "adaptive knowledge" deleted, etc.

The vehicle basically starts from "zero", and as you drive it, it will relearn your behaviors and adapt the transmission and engine responsiveness parameters appropriately.
    You basically reset the ECU, including the engine and tranny computers.

The brake trick is just a way to speed it up, so any residual power dies down and it truly resets. We used to tell people to wait 20 minutes.

A couple of caveats:

* you'll lose your radio's memory, so preset stations are gone
    * have the remote handy, you may need to lock/unlock if the alarm goes off
    * first tank will have poor mileage, it starts rich and leans the fuel mixture gradually

I would also capture any error codes if you have them first, else they are lost.
  • imm19imm19 Member Posts: 12
    Hi everyone,
    Do you think this one will fit on 2009 Limited
    http://www.perrinperformance.com/products/show/463/Strut-Brace-Front?category=8&- - model=31
    It is listed for 2009 XT. Also, do you have any other suggestions from your own experience?
    Thank you all :)
    ...is why Subaru factory engineers appear to be unable to find this "extra efficiency" in their engines.

If equal length exhaust headers improve performance, would it really cost Subaru _that_ much to outfit its engines with them from the beginning?

Wrt the strut brace, Perrin's been around for some time, and appears to be a favorite of some of the rally teams in the Portland OR area. That's sort of a left handed way of saying the product will probably do what it claims.
    However, I suspect you would have to be driving the Forester XT really hard (like on a rally circuit or race track) to notice any real difference.
  • volkovvolkov Member Posts: 1,306
    It should bolt on if it fits the XT. They just probably aren't expecting much of a market for those things in a 2.5 na Forester. It's interesting though that the compatibility tab doesn't list any Forester. I'd be sure to get a correction in writing before buying.
    My '98 Forester had one from an Impreza, so my guess is it will fit. If anything it's the turbo that has far less room in the engine bay. The brace has to make it's way around the intercooler.

Basically you're bracing up the front suspension. The Forester is very rigid already, as crash tests on the front, side, and even roof have proven, but more rigidity can't hurt.
    Actually you'd be surprised at how much a set of equal-length headers can cost. Most OE exhaust are just cheap castings, and probably save the automakers a couple of hundred per vehicle.

Remember we're talking about an H4, so that means 2 seperate 2-into-1 headers, one for each side.

Compare this cast one (not from a Forester, this is likely one side of a V8):

To this mandrel-bent equal length usually nicely coated header (gorgeous one from an in-line 6, or V12?):

Good point on the headers.

But my Forester is warranted for 6 years and 100,000 miles, so there won't be any mods to its engine anytime soon.
    I'm sure your engine is capable of making FAR more power, surely the WRX folks have figured out exactly how to unleash it, as well.

OE is always a compromise, especially when they're trying to keep the price reasonable.
    Well, part of the trick is keeping the vehicle drive-able.
    A lot of these engine mods go for big boost and the classic "turbo rush".
    For me, that's hell in daily driving. The rush in the Outback XT was one reason I chose the Forester over it - XT's far more predictable.

The trick is for the car to be responsive, no matter what.
    AWD makes a big difference there. I've seen many FWD / RWD cars smoke their tires and drift just trying to merge with traffic. Not so with the Subie - it just goes where pointed with little drama. :)
    Someone on the EDMUNDS ANSWERS forums claims his '09 XT engine recently died due to a bearing failure, around 11k miles.

Is anyone here aware of any trend with these engines, and what to watch for?

I've been very careful wrt following oil changes, and use a proven additive to help protect the turbo.
    First I've seen, besides the early stop-sell of course. But those engines didn't actually fail.
    It might have simply been an owner who failed to heed the warnings.... :(
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • camrytimes2camrytimes2 Member Posts: 31
    Interior fuse #12 is linked to the ECU and transmission controller, but I found that removing and re-inserting that fuse was ineffective at fully resetting the ECU. I later disconnected and reconnected the battery. The 2009 radio did not lose presets when the battery was disconnected. Upon reconnecting the battery, the engine immobilizer was active and the car would not restart until the key fob was used to lock and unlock the doors. Reason for resetting the ECU was that my engine had developed a knock that appeared only when the car was fully warmed-up.
  • subparusubparu Member Posts: 2
    I'm the guy with the Forester with a engine bearing failure according to the service department of McBride Subaru of Plattsburgh NY. This just happened. What warnings was I supposed to be aware of?
  • subparusubparu Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm the guy with the 09 Forester with a blown engine. Well, what the Subaru dealer mechanic said was it was a "bearing failure" and he speculated that turbo failure may have led to it. Anyway, they're putting in a new engine.

I'm a total newbie (to this forum and to forester turbo engines) so I may well have missed something so I'm totally curious about your comment about warnings. I've taken it in to dealer for both services required for it's mileage (11000km) and I tried to follow all the break-in rules and I've only ever filled up with 91 octane or better. Is there something else? I want to know otherwise I'm just going to trash the new engine.

BTW, do you guys know the VIN range of the early turbo you say were subject to a recall order? I'd like to check against mine.

Thanks
    Post #2449 has information on the actual recall. I seem to remember kurtamaxxxguy posting about an early production oil change warning (not sure if it was a recall) regarding the '09 Forester XT, but I cannot find it after a brief search and, not owning a Forester, I do not remember the specifics. That particular memory is what I was referring to in regard to "warning." Essentially, turbo engines have many oil-lubricated/cooled parts that are very sensitive and therefore not very forgiving.

It does not sound like you did anything wrong with your engine, and the fact that it is being replaced on the manufacturer's dime supports that. However, that does not necessarily give you any peace of mind concerning this same failure happening again, now does it?! I wish I could find that post to give you more specific information, but there are a lot of XT owners out there; Not only are many of them are highly knowledgeable about their cars, but they are happy to share their knowledge.

Good luck to you, and please let us know how the repair turns out.
    The Forester XT went on "stop sale" alert early in 2008 because some turbo engines were discovered to have bad bearings. Subaru issued a dealer check kit to test oil for excessive bearing wear. It seems some of them got missed as, aside from posts here, '09 Subaru Forester XT Reviews on Edmunds have several customers suffering from blown engines.

The other known engine problem is Recall ID 08V460000 and reads as follows:

Recall Date:
    SEP 11, 2008

Model Affected:
    2009 SUBARU FORESTER

Summary:
    SUBARU IS RECALLING 16,715 MY 2007-2008 LEGACY SEDANS AND WAGONS, MY 2008 IMPREZA SEDANS AND WAGONS, AND MY 2009 FORESTER VEHICLES. SOME VEHICLES MAY HAVE THE CYLINDER HEAD-SIDE OIL SUPPLY PIPE AND TURBOCHARGER-SIDE PIPE IMPROPERLY ASSEMBLED.

Consequence:
    VIBRATION WOULD OCCUR WHILE DRIVING AND, OVER TIME, COULD EVENTUALLY RESULT IN CRACKING THE PIPE WHICH WOULD ALLOW OIL TO LEAK. IF LEAKING OIL CONTACTS COMPONENTS OPERATING AT HIGH TEMPERATURES, AN ENGINE COMPARTMENT FIRE COULD OCCUR.

Remedy:
    DEALERS WILL INSPECT FOR CRACKING OR AN OIL LEAK AT THE OIL SUPPLY PIPE AT THE CYLINDER HEAD-SIDE. AN ADDITIONAL BRACKET WILL BE INSTALLED TO INCREASE RIGIDITY OF THE PIPE AND THE PIPE ASSEMBLY WILL BE REPLACED WITH A MODIFIED PART. THE RECALL BEGAN ON OCTOBER 20, 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT SUBARU AT 1-800-782-2783.

Potential Units Affected:

Notes:
    SUBARU OF AMERICA, INC. WVF-16
  • robert142robert142 Member Posts: 18
    We like our new 2009 Forester. Except we find the two vertical fake brushed aluminum moldings to be distracting on the dash. Especially with the sun roof cover moved back. The brightness is distracting. Anybody else notice this? I don't want to paint it over, since its a lease.

Any ideas on how to reduce the glare without damaging the paint on the fake aluminum?

I notice that the high end model with leather seats has the vertical strips in fake wood veneer, less distracting. But we have the middle model with fake brushed aluminum.
  • calessancalessan Member Posts: 18
    I just upgraded from an '01 Forester to an '09 XT, and I love it!! One thing I'm missing is storage with covers. My '01 had a small compartment on my door, another one to the left of the steering wheel column, and a larger one on the dash. I can't find any in the '09, besides the big console. Are there any small closed compartments within reach of the driver?

I really love the storage under the floor in the back. I'm able to stow my headrests there, since I need to remove them for car seats (for top tether use). I can also store my extra diaper bag there without taking up room elsewhere. Big thumbs up!
  • birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 158
    happy to share that I have gotten rid of two rattles so far. I found that the rear seat locks had some play and creaked a bit. I used some foam to make a more snug fit. Creaks are gone. I also unscrewed and lowered the sunglass holder to find a large plastic connector rattling up there. Again used foam. rattle gone. I still have to get rid of the sunroof deflector rattle and the headliner rattle in the rear part of the sunroof.
    I hope that someone from Subaru is reading this so that they can address these nuisance rattles.
    My '98 Forester was amazing with its seemingly endless little cubbies, including one on each of all 4 door handles. Many were too small to be useful, but it was still nice to have places to store a pocket knife, small flashlights, or headphones for my cell phone. I miss those a bit.

Thanks for the tip on the headrest, I think our kids are too short (will measure) and it may aid visibility to remove them.
    ...is apparently the same as the 2009 Forester.
    My servicing dealer got a 2010 in and could find no changes from 2009.

Some of the options packages are different, and hopefully some of the TSB's have been addressed.
    The models with GPS now get Bluetooth standard.

The X Premium model gets a power driver's seats.

Blink and you'll miss all the changes. At least they didn't cut out content, and in another thread someone mentioned prices did not go up.
  • 23graceave23graceave Member Posts: 5
    I moved away from Plattsburgh in 96- sorry about your Forester engine
    I just got the 2009 All weather premium package a month ago and it rides like a dream- had my last one for 8 years
    Hope you'll be back on the road soon-past the old Valcour is my favorite road

23 Grace
    There's a new red color - Paprika Red Pearl. It comes in gray cloth on the X, black on the XT, and black leather in both Limiteds.

Anyone catch any other changes?
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Driver's power seat on X Premium and Bluetooth on NAVI models.

http://media.subaru.com/index.php?s=43&item=77

Bob
    The color rendition in that PDF file is simply AWFUL, at least on my monitor. I have no idea what that new red really looks like.