Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2006 Yukon Denali w/ NAV & ENT - CD will not eject

mikesocalmikesocal Member Posts: 19
edited March 2014 in GMC
Hi,

I have a 2006 Yukon XL Denali with the NAV and rear DVD entertainment system.

I have two CDs in the front NAV/Audio system that will not eject. They play fine, and I can switch between the CDs without a problem. Whenever they play, the label says CDX. I can load a third CD, and it plays fine and ejects fine (note that when it plays the label says CD, not CDX). I can also load and use the navigation DVD, and eject it without issue.

I pulled into my dealership, and my regular service advisor wasn't in, but another advisor told me that the only thing they can do is rip out the entire NAV/Audio system, send it back to the factory, where they'll remove the CDs and ship them back to the dealer for me, and the dealer will have to put in a completely new NAV/Audio system.

Has anyone else had this kind of CD ejection problem?

It seems ridiculous to me that the dealer can't do anything to extract the CDs, and I have to go without those CDs for several weeks.

Is there a better, more serviceable (and more reliable) NAV/Audio system that I can have installed, instead of the same stock unit? I don't care to go through this again. The vehicle only has 24K miles, and it's not even 2 years old.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You could try resetting the player using the first "pull the fuse" trick in the How to Remove a Stuck CD guide, but it's doubtful that it'll work. May be worth a shot though (the tips are geared towards single CD players).
  • Options
    mikesocalmikesocal Member Posts: 19
    Thanks Steve. Unfortunately that didn't do the trick. I tried a few other tips also, and nothing worked. It looks like I'll have to go through the rip-n-replace process via the dealer.

Mike :(
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't know what it is about the multiple disc players but when they get stuck or break, they seem to stay broken.

You could look at aftermarket stuff, but it's doubtful that you could find anything that would work or integrate like the OEM stuff, especially with the NAV system. Bummer.
  • Options
    tlsjmsamsmmstlsjmsamsmms Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the advise. I have a 2005 Yukon Denali and the "single" cd player (built into the radio system stopped taking CD's (would not allow you to put a cd ino the system). Pulled the fuse in the engine block fuse box (Radio System) and put it back in. It reset the radio system and the cd was accepting cd's again. Was about to take the vehicle into the shop, wonder what they would have charged me for something that took me 10/min to research on Edmonds, 5/min to locate the fuse in the owners manual and 5/min to pull and reset. Great advise, thanks again! :shades:
  • Options
    :shades:

I don't know who posted that trick first around here, but it's a classic.
  • Options
    carjockeycarjockey Member Posts: 2
    Are you talking about the CD in th NAV unit or in the 5 disc changer?

In the changer, I had the same problem, it really doesn't like cd's with 'label's' and jams the system. Take the cd unit out (the 5 disc unit) and open it up, it 4 screws on the bottom and 4 on th eback (If I remember right) and you can slide the cd out one by one, take the all out, make sure thaat you didnt put one with a paper label in the deck, and then reassemble, replace, do the cd fuse trick in the other post and load it from 5 to1. it wont let you load past 3 because the 2 or 3rd section is the stuck on and thats the reason why you can use spots 4 & 5. This happened to my 2006 all and all it took me about 2 hrs to do everything, include removing the unit, and opening it. Or you can remove the 5 disc unit and pick up another on EBAY - they are just plug in's so i hope this helps. if your not mechanically inclined I wouldnt suggest doing this, if you the type of gy who is handy then it should be simple.

Best of luck to you

carjockey
This discussion has been closed.