Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Envoy instrument panel problems

Comments

• grogers667grogers667 Member Posts: 9
    Was really busy with Christmas stuff the day I wrote the above post... but still don't know how I forgot to mention..the transmission makes a racket when it is cold ...so wonder what is next on my time line..and I have sent my VIN number in for them to "open a case" but have not heard back from them... with GM it is all about lip service!
    One thing is for sure... I will never own a GM product of ANY kind again! Yes, they tell you to send the VIN is and come back with some lame reason they can't help you... they KNOW these vehicles are vexed with problems... as to the safety..what can be more dangerous than sitting beside the interstate in a construction zone broke down with other cars coming by at 80+ miles an hour.. A state patrolman came by and kindly pushed my GMC ENVOY on down past the guard rail so no one would hit it! My husband had walked to get gas that day and it was the day he was also diagnosed with cancer1 I mean life throws enough at you but it is a crying shame that you spend over 30k for a vehicle that is suppose to be "PROFESSIONAL GRADE'... in 2006..new and just my husband and I drive it and it has so many problems... I always owned Toyota's and NEVER had problems like this. I expect to pay maintenance costs but this is awful!

I have sent my VIN in and info but it is all for nothing..as you said IF you don't go to their 'bleed you dry' dealerships you are sunk!
  • brenjsilva1brenjsilva1 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    My 2005 has now become dangerous to drive. December 22 2011 I had my 5 year old grandson in the truck, It had snowed the night before. I backed out of my sloped drive way . My Envoy stalled and I could not steer it it slammed in to a large boulder. I could not start it. The next day it started fine. I driving to work when I noticed it did not come out of 4wd I pulled off to the side of the road and tried many times to take it out of 4wd. I put on flashers and turned motor off. when I tried to start it, it would not start. I had it towed and was told it was the batterie. Charged the battery it started up. Turned it off would not start. I have been without my truck 3 days over the Christmas Hoilday. Enough!!! I purchased my 2005 ENVOY 2 years ago. I owned this truck one mounth the first time it would not start. Had it towed to GMC dealer and was told I need a starter. Had the starter replaced. That was not the problem. How ever the truck started and has had pierods of not starting over the last 2+ years.
    The engine light stays on and the service air bag warning. The fuel gage reads full and emty continulily. The right passenger window does not open.
    Brenda Silva
    There is nothing new... ALL of these posts about these Envoys... everyone I see at gas pumps or know who has one have the same issues... I still have not heard back from GMC after I sent in my VIN and info... I think we need to get on a talk show or something and get the word out to all of America about how many problems these vehicles have! Class action suit ... something..we are not going to get anything but lip service from GMC!
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Grogers667,

I am sorry that you haven't heard anything back from us. I am working together with another person from our department: I respond to posts publically, and she responds to emails. I apologize for poor communication on our part, and will be following up with her to see what's going on.

Thank you for your patience,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • tdesert22tdesert22 Member Posts: 1
    I bought my envoy in 2005 2006 used i have had every problem every other owner has had the gages going haywire ,the brake light socket rusting and im in california,driver seat working when it feels like,clicking noise in engine compartment,check engine light comming on was able to fix that though the problem was the thermastat was not operating right and the engine was running so cold it would not even pass smog.have not fixed other problems to exspensive and GM wonders why they cant sell vehicals i will never buy another gm vehical i owned a GMC SONOMA 97 HAD TROUBLE WITH IT ALSO GAGES WERE BAD,HAD A MISS IN ENGINE NOONE COULD FIGURE OUT WHY SPENT LOTS OF MONEY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT PROBLEM,ENGINE LIGHT COMMING ON GM HELP PLEASE GM IS SO SILENT ABOUT THERE PROBLEM BUT LET TOYOTA HAVE A UNFOUNDED PROBLEM AMERICAN GOVERMENT MADE A BIG DEAL ABOUT TOYOTA BECAUSE IT IS THERE COMPETITER THEY HATE COMPITITION OBAMA YOU CAN HAVE GM.
    I have discussed this with my co-worker and had re-forwarded your email several times. She is certain that she responded already - if you haven't received this anything, will you please resend your email so we can move forward in assisting you?

I apologize again for the delay, and thank you for your continued patience.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • bearpdxbearpdx Member Posts: 1
    Well on the 2nd to the last day of 2011 my Envoy has now started keeping the battery light on even when turned off. I did the check with the IPC fuse under hood and low an behold it went out when I pulled the fuse out. But the vehicle cannot be run with this fuse out. I have contacted the dealer tonight but this started after they closed. I read that there might be a quiet recall for this vehicle for this problem. I am also a family member of GM employee at the Wentzville Assembly plant in Missouri and this vehicle was purchased through GM Friends and family program. Can anyone help me with this issue, we don't have tons of money to get this fixed right now. Vehicle is not an XL model
    If there is a recall associated to your VIN, we would be able to check into that. Send us the last 8 digits in an email and we'll look into this for you.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • 3kidsndngrcar3kidsndngrcar Member Posts: 1
    I have an '05 Envoy xl and have experienced the same problems with the instrument panel and fuel guage. Had to buy a gps so I know what speed I am going. Just recently we have the additional joy of the Envoy not starting, it turns over but that's it. It has also died while I was sitting at a stop sign. Scary to know u have to drive ur children around in a vehicle that GM knows is a safey hazard. And to know they obviously have a BLATANT DISREGARD FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS SAFETY!!!! Im willing to bet the GM Execs wouldn't allow their children to b driven around in the gmc vehicles from this forum. Hope those of u who have not had problems with ur engines yet don't in the future. Good luck to us all, we r gonna need it!
  • jjturnejjturne Member Posts: 1
    I was a firm believer in buying American and therefore bought a GM product. Never again will I do that. I bought my envoy brand new in 2005 and have taken excellent care of it. This year alone I have spent $6000 in repairs. Everytime I fix something I think this will be it, but then something else happens. I have also contacted GM about these problems since it sounds like many of our complaints are similiar, but I have yet to hear back. GM should be doing a recall on the fuel sensor and the spedometer on these vehicles at the very least due to the number of vehicles that have been effected. This sounds like a lawsuit to me since they will not aknowledge those that are contacting them and the spedometer issues could be cause for fatal accidents.
    I see that you have been experiencing multiple concerns with your Envoy, and I apologize because I know that that is frustrating. Have you worked with a dealership towards resolving these already? If you would like to, please let us know.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    I see that you have already gotten in touch with us - was it through email or over the phone? As we receive many emails from Edmunds, I am not the only Customer Service Representative responding to emails. I would be happy to follow up with my coworker to make sure that you hear back soon.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • pocketpocket Member Posts: 29
    Sarah, Chris, and the rest of you supposed GMC customer service agents. It is time you guys got off of your posteriors and go to your bosses and tell them that we are not buying the BS you guys are spouting about going to a dealership and having them involved in trying to solve our problems with our Envoys. Isn't 443 posts about this worthless piece of GM crap enough of a testament to you about all the problems people are having with this product? Get wise. If enough people quit buying GM products, how long do you think you will have a job? After all it is us the consumer that is paying your wages. Get wise people. Enough is enough. I have read every post in here, and all the complaints are similar. This vehicle is a P.O.S. I bet you wont even have the nerve to respond to this.
  • rohrstirrohrstir Member Posts: 1
    We own a 2005 Envoy XL that the speedometer failed about 9 or 10 months ago, additionally the gas gauge has now failed over the past 4 months. I was set for an appt. with the local GMC dealer but when I asked for a round about cost to fix the items my jaw dropped and I no showed the appt. I have had a misfire issue the couple weeks. When I brought it to a none GMC mechanic he noticed an error code for the fuel sensor in addition to the misfires. Will I have to replace the panel and the fuel sensor? Sounds like this should be a recall not a voluntary 50% bill out of my pocket that I can't afford. I use a TOMTOM for my speedometer and reset the odometer each time is get gas. Does this sound normal?
  • che_canibal1che_canibal1 Member Posts: 1
    it seems that everybody I know have received a letter from GMC. I have not received anything from GMC. I own a 2003 Envoy. I purchased this vehicle 3 years ago. 2 years ago I replaced the starter, and today the car is doing the same thing. it wont start and the key doesnt come out. I checked the battery, and its good. Please Help!
  • hvrealcmphvrealcmp Member Posts: 9
    #1 MOST IMPORTANT MESSAGE! Report problems to NHTSA.gov! Find a NON-dealership you can trust and have them check your fault code(s) (I believe AutoZone will check this for free). This should provide an answer to your question. If you check post #198 and 212 you will see I have put my "2 cents" in on this one. Since my repair of the dash (approx $200)-a far cry from what GM will charge you I haven't had problem one (in reference to the dash only). In the absence of the panel, I secured a GPS in the opening where the instrument panel would have been to track speed. The other gauges provide feedback (fuel-fill up about every 250 miles and you won't run out). Shoot, if you don't own a GPS I'm sure you know someone who will let you borrow theirs. If not, buying one (and repairs costs) will still be less than half of what GM wants for the job. The GM reps. have yet to show on this forum that they have done ANYTHING. Don't believe me, just read the posts. Okay, maybe due to client confidentially they can't disclose what occurred. I can buy that, but people that are willing to use this forum would certainly be willing to share positive feedback-right? Anyway, if anyone would like to attempt removal (it's really not difficult) I am willing to share my photos and instructions. Even with a working instrument panel, there are NEVER-ENDING problems with these vehicles. If you have a "manual" (self selected vs. computer) speed fan selector (mine is "off" through 1-5) and some don't work (1 and 5 for me currently) there is a fix (if you're willing to try it yourself) for about $50. This is actually a huge problem because the wires sometimes fuse together (I haven't heard of any fires-YET) but again shows how poorly these line of vehicles were engineered. If interested, go to http://store.the-electric-connection.com/blower-resistor--repair-harness-combo--- manual-c172.aspx and http://www.sparkys-answers.com/2008/07/2005-chevrolet-silverado-blower-inop.html- and if you ultimately decide this is the problem with your vehicle here is where I found them cheapest at http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-973-405-Chevrolet-Resistor-Harness/dp/B003YLMQHC/re- f=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1325736397&sr=1-1-fkmr0 (if the link doesn't work just go to amazon.com, select automotive, then type in "gmc envoy blower resistor"). I am so frusterated for all of us! Many may ask "why keep your vehicle if you hate it and it has all these problems?" The answer is simple for me, the vehicle is still functioning (without danger to my family) and I can't afford to ditch it (and start a new loan)! In the meantime I live with the constant "service engine soon" light on my dash (at least I know the bulb works) because I still need to replace yet another $300 part (if I replace it myself I can knock that down to $180). Best wishes to all!
    Yep the so called customer service help here is just an illusion! I sent my VIN and have yet to hear a word from them I included ALL of my info and they have not contacted me in any form! All the do here is to ALLUDE that they want to help, when in fact they do nothing..As I stated before , all they do is suggest you take your vehicle to your dealer! I don't have the money or the desire to support the outrageous labor rates the dealer here charges. You also have to wait for HOURS. When my Envoy needed tires I bought them at the dealer and spent the day there!

The only reason these so called customer reps are on here is to try and steer you toward the dealers. GM does not give a rip about the people who have bought these piece of junk called Envoys and the other junk products. Mine is pathetic to only have 106k miles on it that I put on it. As some one else said , it has been taken care of..there was just no quality there to begin with.. we all should get together and stage a protest of some kind until GM listens!
  • tybrzanotybrzano Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2003 Envoy maybe I wish I hadn't after reading ALL 448 negative comments.My problem, is the Airbag light is on The used carlot said it hasn't been wrecked and it probably is a sensor or something . My concern is being able to have the vehicle pass inspection in the future I welcome all comments but please don't bash me for buying an ENVOY !!
  • gingerenvoygingerenvoy Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering what was the repair to fix your "burnin oil" problem, as mine is doing the same thing
    I just wish I had found this forum before I bought mine new in 2006!! Live and learn, research, research... In spite of what problems there was with Toyota , their cars are still a hit with consumers..that speaks volumes!! Listening General Motors??????????
  • edhunter1edhunter1 Member Posts: 1
    Excellent vehicle, I have been using it through the mountains, also in the city. Had no problems with it so far (been driving it for 3 years) .. The "check engine soon" light is always on, no matter what, tried to reset it, but it always lights up again "for some reason" .. Overall I am very satisfied with this car.
  • chrissyrchrissyr Member Posts: 2
    Hey,
    Why did you have to replace the rear hatch pistons? Just curious cuz I have an 03 Envoy SLT and my rear glass has busted out for the second time in 2 weeks! My husband is thinking it has something to do with hatch closing mechanisms but we haven't really had a chance to look at it. Both times it has happened its been 9-10pm so we can't see much. But both times I have been under it attempting to close it when it just shatters. And believe me, I have had a laundry list of problems with mine as well. Everytime I turn around something else is going wrong with it. I'll never buy GMC again.
  • juliehopsonjuliehopson Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    I bought a new Ford Explorer and I'm so glad to be rid of my 05 GMC Envoy. I practically had to give it away after I paid it off in Oct 2011. Engine light always on, fuel gauge inoperable and transmission slipping between 2nd and 3rd. The Envoy was nothing but a bad experience and net loss from point of sale to my recent trade in. Its too bad GMC responded so poorly to the fuel gauge issue as I might have considered buying another. But I bought that Envoy brand new and it did nothing but lose value over the life of the loan. My vehicle still looked pretty, but, when you run out of gas multiple times in a metro area and have to depend on AAA after paying $32K for a vehicle, it left a bitter taste in my mouth. Good luck all you Envoy owners, I'm sure you'll need it.

The new explorer is banging !!
  • magnastymagnasty Member Posts: 26
    Pocket, as you can well see GM does not give a damn about it's customers suffering with the Envoy/Trailblazer issues. Yes, if you look at the Trailblazer forum you will read the same thing. The customer service reps are simply contractors trained to give canned answers to pacify the customers without any type of committment to actually satisfy the customers. GM has moved on and while I think all of the issues in this forum are very important and valid, GM could not care less. We are all screwed and the only recourse is to do as ihave done...tell everyone you see who has one of the vehicles about this forum and email them the link to it.
  • frankie62frankie62 Member Posts: 21
    I am having the same problem with the rear hatch pistons. Damn near knocked me in the head when I opened it, thinking it would stay up, wrong...just one more thing to fix... :(
    In lieu of finding another thread on this concern, we are trying to get cases set up for our customers who have experienced the rear glass problem you described in your post. Please send us more information in an email, including your name/Edmunds username, contact information (phone/address), the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and preferred dealership. My coworker Christina will advise you from there!
    Hope to hear from you,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • pocketpocket Member Posts: 29
    Replying to Magnasty:

You are absolutely right. The more people we alert to the garbage that GMC is dishing out, the better. I have told all of my friends and relatives not to buy GM. When asked why I tell them of the problems I have had with my Envoy, and my 2003 Sierra. By the way the gas gauge on the Sierra is out too. GM builds nothing but crap now. I have been a loyal GM customer for over 45 years, but not anymore. I tell everyone I see and meet about the lack of service and concern that GM has for their customers. So far I have cost GM the sales of 20 vehicles, and the count will continue to go up, because those 20 will tell 20 and so on. GM will fall within the next 5 years. Count on it.
  • hvrealcmphvrealcmp Member Posts: 9
    chrissyr,
    Sorry to hear of your window problems. Fortunately for me it was just sagging (replaced both the window and gate pistons). I did save myself some money by doing it myself and purchasing them through gmpartsdirect.com! Don't use the dealer if the parts are listed on this site. They are original equipment manufactured (OEM) with a huge price break. Hope you get some positive response from GM on looking into the matter but it's not like you can not replace the glass when it breaks so I can't imagine what they will do for you! I say this only because there is no way they will reimburse you because that would cost them. Best of luck!
  • alauroalauro Member Posts: 1
    My 2005 Envoy has problems with the instrument cluster also. The tachometer needle is buried past 120 mph while is engine is off and remains that way while driving. At first it would reset back to zero after each start and stop of the ignition, but is now completely broken as too is the volt meter always reads 19 volts. Now just yesterday, the engine stalls while making sharp turns and also the steering wheel shakes only when stopped in drive. There are no engine or warning lights coming on. I was going to trade it in for a new Suburban, but they offered me 6,000 below value before I had these problems and with these problems I don't know if I want another GM vehicle. Makes be wonder if they knew these problems were getting ready to happen. Everyone is having problems with the instrument cluster it should be a recall!
    Were you planning on working with your dealership on this? Please let us know as we would like to be available to assist as best we can!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • envoyowner05envoyowner05 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 GMC Envoy. When I turn start the car, or just turn the ignition to the on position, the "Check Washer Fluid" warning light pops up. The washer fluid reservoir is full, though. I'm not quite sure where to start troubleshooting this. I'm guessing there is a sensor somewhere that is suspect, but was hoping someone could tell me how to get to this? Or if anyone else has had this problem and knows of some other things I could try.
  • als04xuvals04xuv Member Posts: 1
    All of my gauges on my 04 Envoy XUV are all over the place.Service light comes on and there's nothing wrong.Dash worked fine except for oil pressure gauge for the past couple of years and now my entire dash is crazy.I almost ran out of gas a few times because of inaccurate readings.
  • jshoz34jshoz34 Member Posts: 1
    My 07 Envoy has no lights on the instrument cluster, headlight switch, or the climate control. I've checked the fuses and they are still good. Does the instrument cluster control the others as well? How much will this cost me to fix? HEEELLLLPPP!
  • givemeabreak2givemeabreak2 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 envoyXL. Bought it new.It has been a fabulous car for my family I have maintained excellent condition. Obviously I am concerned when hearing all the problems folks are having. Guess what? Instument panel just went out. The panel is actually very easy to replace. I've been told that the part is less that $200. I can only hope that it takes care of it. The rear hatch pistons is a simple fix. Had to replace mine. I know I didn't pay more than 15 bucks for each one. That's not worth getting worked up about. Almost as easy as replacing wiperblades.
    I understand that it isn't always an option, but I wanted to ask if you were planning on working with a GM dealership on this? Please update us on your progress.

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • mikeb633mikeb633 Member Posts: 5
    I just spoke to GM about this issue. They told me that the engineers have determined that this is a wear issue not a design issue. I'm sorry but I have a 1991 Toyota Previa and its gas gauge works fine. I have a 1998 Ford ranger with 248,000 miles and the gas gauge works fine. I have a friend with a 1957 Chevy and the gas gauge work fine. This is a design flaw and should be part of a recall with zero cost to the consumer. I called one dealership and they said my half would be between $175 and $200. I called another dealership 15 miles away and my half would be $300. What a load of garbage. I'm going back to Ford or Toyota for my next car assuming I don't run out of gas during rush hour and get killed in an accident. :mad:
    So you now know that GM is FOS. They have postured themselves to obsolve the company of any responsibility on this issue. The public needs to bombard them with calls and emails. I have never seen or heard of vehicles having these types of issues as the Envoy and Trailblazer are having.
    Money talks so taking your business elsewhere is the best decision. I have done the same. I spoke to a Ford dealer recently and told him about this issue. He told me he had heard about it and had taken several Envoys and Trailblazers in on trade for Explorers and Escapes. Good for him.
  • hawkeye98hawkeye98 Member Posts: 1
    i am getting this problem fixed today and its costing me alot. its over 500!!!!! now this is a bunch of BS!!!! the chryslers were recalled for the same problem and we have to pay? problem here if u ask me. This was te lowest price i have been quoted. GMC should be recalling this part and pay for it. I have been driving with no speed and then my oil went out and im not sure if gas even worked right. This is a huge problem for us driving the cars. I bought a GMC enovy for the safety and now its acting up,u should be standing behind your cars. Not everyone has money to pay for this andits putting a huge crunch in my budget. Please look at this problem and help us out. cause when i trade this is I will not be getting a GMC again.
    I feel your pain, but unfortunately you are SOL on this one. GM is not going to do a damn thing in regards to a recall. This SUV is no longer produced, so they really do not care. They have slammed the door on the owners and have moved on.
    I hope that the repair goes well today - please be sure to post to let us know how it turns out. If we can be of assistance, don't hesitate to contact us via email at the address in my profile.

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • eddenniseddennis Member Posts: 4
    Dear Christina
    You apology is welcome, however it doesn't go very far in righting a design/procurement issue that is GM's fault. Your employer has already been bankrupt once, defrauding all it's creditors in the process. I would suggest to you that your employer is headed for a second huge round of trouble due to it's lack of appreciation for it's customers. I know it's not your fault, you didn't cause the problem, however you seem to feel that an apology is enough! I would bet that your apology was not well received by those of us who own GM products. Great customer service is the one issue that can provide repeat business. When a product design is faulty, that is not the fault of the consumer and failure is not due to use, but design! :lemon:
  • king3lking3l Member Posts: 1
    My fuel gauge always read empty, the speedometer needle stays over 120mph. You would think that gmc would cover the cost to fix the fuel gauge and all of the cluster problems. Since they are either design or manufacturing flaws. That how you treat your customers. I will not by another gmc car. I see a mustang in the future
  • my1947pontmy1947pont Member Posts: 6
    Don't feel alone since 2008 know the feeling you have had unfortuately very same issues with my 2005 Envoy,arrived to Dealership in February 2011, requested fuel gage be check tank reads half tank then indicator lite displays empty theres fuel in tank, then reads full all of sudden out of fuel this almost caused a accident on the I-10 with my young Grand Children aboard immediatly had to quickly pull off to shoulder of Freeway. Today's drivers don't pay any attention to their driving, texting, reading their GPS screens, chatting on cell phones fortunately for us no serious mishap happened that night. Dealership stated my fuel sensor must be replaced since tank would be off why not replace the fuel pump module, ask for pricing original estimate $324.88 since I happened to be there asked for Envoy be serviced total $734.34 due. Since were on a set income could not afford replacing fuel pump module, parts & labor $800.00. Fuel sensor was replaced then here we go again fuel gauge read incorrect after just placing $40.00 in fuel. February 10th 2011 returned upset explaining my issue, Client Serv. Rep stated will check after placing on scope & scanned no problems found, best replace fuel pump gauge. Requested a talk with Gen Mgr. who happened to be out, instead of causing a disruption left dealership. Today fuel gage reading incorrectly w/indicator lite on & off, with the price of fuel today very costly fueling tank. Speedometer fluctuates works then freezes at times reads traveling over 100 mph, temp gauge reads over 180 deg, oil gauge reads overage of oil today not operating, RPM gauge reads so incorrect flucturates sporadically. These problems have existed so long GMC stated from letter sent 8/9/11 they would reimburse 50% of charges on the fuel sensor, requesting just repair the Instrument cluster. Currently disabled service connected Vietnam Veteran my Envoy is a vital part of my life, meeting all Dr. appoitments at the VA Hospital in Loma Linda Calif. Today Wife, Son are now in the ranks of the Unemployed and financially just can't afford labor & parts for Envoy, if so this will definitely set me back, so if anyone out there with problems like mine :mad: please speak out let's be heard.
    Good morning my1947pont,

First and foremost, thank you for your service to our country.

I'm sorry to read about the difficulties you've been having with your instrument cluster. If we can look into this further with you by setting up a Service Request, please send us an email at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (include your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • mikeb633mikeb633 Member Posts: 5
    First it was the gas gauge that GM says is a wear issue. Now like lots of other folks the problem with the instrument panel is spreading. The speedometer sometimes sticks. Whether at a stop sign or on the freeway, the speedometer reads 45. Thank goodness our GPS unit displays speed otherwise we would have to base our speed on the tachometer. That is until it stops working. I'm going to safecar.gov to report a vehicle safety complaint. https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/index.xhtml

:lemon: :lemon: :mad: :lemon: :lemon:
  • alihsalihs Member Posts: 5
    There is no point in complaining about this issue. I sent them my info and a rep contacted me. He was all nice and tried to be helpful, at first. Then the next time he called me back he had the biggest attitude just to tell me that they aren't going to do anything for me. I had my car diagnosed previously, but he said they dont have it in their system and of course I didnt keep the paperwork for the instrument panel bc that was a while back and I have moved several times since then. Then, for my tailgate, which had previsouly been fixed on warranty, he said they didnt have that in the system either. WTF do yall have anything in the system? I also had it fixed again since then and he said that wasnt in the system, but I actually had the paperwork so he called the dealership where it was fixed to see if it was true. Then he tells me that they cant determine what the dealership prices me since they have nothing to do with it. They did give me a small discount, but he tried to say that GM gave me that discount, yet I thought yall had nothing to do with that? Then he said I can take my car back to the dealership and if it is the same problem they will give me another discount to fix it, but I just had it fixed 1 year ago so why is the tailgate not working already? GM is full of ish and I hope they go bankrupt again and my tax dollars dont help them to get out of debt again. I know I will NEVER EVER again by another GM piec of ish car and I will tell anyone that is thinking about buying one to come to this website before they waste their money. Thanks for nothing GM, yall are doing a great job. Please dont tell me how sorry you are for my problems bc you are not!!
    One more thing, I asked about a recall and he said that GM cant issue a recall it has to come from some other government agency and we can call and try to get a recall issued, but it is highly unlikely since it hasnt been done yet. So we are pretty much complaining for nothing. I hope someone starts a lawsuit against this lemon lot of a company.
    My tailgate wont open at all and the error message is always on the dash. How do I get it to open and fix it? No way I am going back to the dealership.
  • tuckeredenvoytuckeredenvoy Member Posts: 1
    Attn: gmcustsvcsarah '05 envoy VIN. 52281797, 124500mi.? Davidson GM super center? My zip 13607. the fuel sending unit has not worked since 06 bought truck from father-in law didn't receive the notice for the service from him, was told he wasn't spending 1100.00 to fix in 2010, so just run 200 mi then fill up. so far that has been working until now. The engine idle flutters, and while driving, the engine randomly blinks out. While running any speed up or down hill, or in the flat. Also intermittently the check engine light will flash, and when checked on scanner it will show the thermostat code. Also was reading the forums about the water pump? I will change the pump and t stat, yaa it’s a pain (tell the engineers they need to embrace the KISS principal)
    Will I be on my own for the fuel sender & pump assy?