Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Envoy instrument panel problems

robbiejamesrobbiejames Member Posts: 3
Hi to all. I have a 2004 envoy and just the other day it started to give me some problems and I hope some one can help me out. The problems I am having are with the instrument panel. The problems are as follows:

1. When I get in the suv it says "Unknown Driver" and when I go to push either driver 1 or driver 2 it will load the settings and the seat will go in to the correct position but it will still say "unknown driver".

2. When it says "unknown driver" the ABS light, air bag light, battery light, gas light, and emerg. brake light are all lit.

3. the rpm and mph gauges work but they studder and do not reflect the correct speed, i can come to a stop and the mph will still read 30 mph.

4. the gas, oil, and volt meters do not work.

5. the line under whatever gear you are in does not appear.

6. when you go into the settings you cannot change any of them.

After I drive the suv for about 10-15 minutes it will then jump into driver 1 or driver 2 mode, which ever I tried to push when i first got into the suv, and all the guages seem to work properly, but the battery light then goes to a very dim state and the gas light flashes ramdomly.

I hope someone can help me out with this problem. And have a fix for me.

thanks

Robert

Comments

• joe163joe163 Member Posts: 1
    Jan 17, 2008 -
    :confuse:
    It's a short in the instrument cluster.
    I had the same problem with my 2004 XUV.
    It started in early December of 2007.
    Intermittent manifestations, than more persistent.
    Took it to the GMC Dealer --
    Of course, the Truck wouldn't do it's tricks for the Tech.
    They replaced the ignition switch and sent me home.
    It got progressively worse.
    I waited until I was sure it would do it for the tech.
    Took it back in to GMC Dealer--
    It's a short in the instrument cluster.
    They needed to replace the entire cluster.
    I bought an extended warranty when I bought the truck.
    The warranty is still in effect --
    So I only had to pay the $100 deductible.
    No Idea what it might cost otherwise.
    Joe
  • robbiejamesrobbiejames Member Posts: 3
    Thanks I plan on taking it to the dealer this month or next month I called them and they said it should be about $500 or so. Thanks once again
  • cyokleycyokley Member Posts: 3
    I am also having problems with my instrument panel. the volt meter is pegged out, where can I get another one without costing $500.00
  • bigsave21bigsave21 Member Posts: 1
    hello, i just had a crack on the plastic cover on the instrument panel, the crack has spread to the point that it needs to be replaced. any solutions to this. Or is there anyone out there that knows where i can purchase one besides the dealer. I'm from Canada.

thanks

bigsave21
  • mcartmcart Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 GMC Envoy with similar problems. My speedometer is stuck way to the right. My fuel gauge is stuck on empty so I have to use my trip meter to gauge when I need to refuel. My check engine light is on and has been for a long time. My warranty has long been up. Does all this sound like an instrument panel problem or do I have multiple problems. The dealer wanted to charge me $1,000 to fix. I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks.
  • wsr58wsr58 Member Posts: 7
    Hello, I have a 2004 envoy xuv and have been having the same problems with the instrument panel as everyone above. Could someone please inform me what is the best method to get this problem repaired. Several have mentioned the instrument cluster being the problem, could someone that has had the cluster replaced report if that indeed was the problem. Looking forward to some help, thanks in advance..
  • knocksterknockster Member Posts: 6
    The problem with The speedometer in most cases seems to be the cluster gauge. I have the same problem with my 04 XUV SLT. It seems a lot of GM trucks using the cluster gauge PART # IS X C5 168 from 03 to 06 fail quite easily. GM supposedly extended a warranty to 7, 70,000 miles. After that you are on your own. The replacement is PART # X 25 168. If you don't mind doing it your self you can get the part on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trkparms=tab%3DWatchin- - - g&viewitem=&item=220285453817&_trksid=p3907.m32 or look up mandigital on ebay if the link doesnt work and check out his store. This guy sells the whole cluster replacement to include the speedometer. He also gives his number in case you need help and want him to walk you through it.
    You can also get just the speedometer gauge here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300261613380&- - - ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=020 for $5.95 plus $4.75 shipping. If links don't work look for boulderbros and look in his store. I recently ordered the part and replaced it and it seems to be working fine. Hope this helps.
    Thanks Knockster, Appreciate your comments and information, I am off to the dealer today with my 04 XUV. Thank you again.. wsr58
    Concerning the envoy instrument panel issue, no luck with the dealer on tuesday. Informed them of the instrument cluster, the tech played around with the truck and then confirmed replacing the cluster. At minimum it will cost $700 for them to repair, it could be more. No assistance from GMC available, I was told.
    So, if anyone can offer any other options for me or add more information I would appreciate it, at this point time is of the essence.
  • cyokleycyokley Member Posts: 3
    I found a guy here in Wichita Ks that works on speedometers, he charged me 200.00 to remove, repair and replace the instrument cluster in my Envoy, check around in your city and see if there is a person there that does this type of work, he also came to my location and worked on site.
    Sorry you didn't have any luck. $700.00??? Thats crazy. AVG price runs around $500.00 to repair in a shop without warranty. I had to do mine myself since I was 800 miles above the warranty. How many miles on the speedometer? If under 70,000 miles call the dealer back and ask him about special notice #07187 concerning your issue. This notice should be specific to the GMC speedometer issue. If you are still under the warranty I would pressure this guy and ask to speak with higher officials within the company. I would not trust the dealer. Sounds like he is overcharging you and trying to doubledip. The guy I listed (mandigital on eBay) also repairs them. He has a listing for that as well. Problem is you would have to remove the panel yourself and ship it to him. I think he charges $195.00 plus the shipping. You might want to see if anyone in your area fixes them or like I said you could repair it yourself for $10.00. You will need to know how to solder or know someone else that knows how to solder. Or you could try a local scrapyard and see if they have the whole panel you can buy. Unfortunately not very many options at this point.
    Here is a copy of the letter I found. If you are under the warranty, Print it out and take it back to the dealer and see what they say.

03-04 GMT800 07187 - Special Coverage Adjustment/Instrument Cluster

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GM PARTS BULLETINS & INFORMATION - TO CADILLAC, CHEVROLET AND GMC DEALERS

Subject:Bulletin GMP07-174 - Special Coverage Adjustment #07187– Instrument Panel Cluster Gauge Needle FunctionMessage #:VSU20071575
    DESCRIPTION:
    SPECIAL COVERAGE Adjustment #07187– SEPTEMBER 28, 2007

DUE TO PART AVAILABILITY, THIS SPECIAL COVERAGE IS BEING ADMINISTERED IN PHASES. YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED AS EACH ADDITIONAL PHASE IS RELEASED.

CUSTOMERS ARE BEING INSTRUCTED TO CONTACT THE DEALERSHIP TO ARRANGE AN APPOINTMENT IF THEY BELIEVE THEIR VEHICLE HAS THIS CONDITION. THE CUSTOMER IS BEING ASKED TO PROVIDE THE VIN SO THE IPC CAN BE ORDERED IN ADVANCE OF THE SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT. THIS WILL ELIMINATE THE NEED TO KEEP THE VEHICLE OVERNIGHT.
    Some customers of 2003-2004 model year Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, and Escalade EXT; Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, and Tahoe; and GMC Sierra, Envoy, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles have reported that the instrument panel (IP) cluster gauges stick, flutter, or become inoperative. This may cause inaccurate readings, including the speedometer and fuel gauge.
    This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 7 years or 70,000 miles (110,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.
    Refer to Special Coverage Adjustment #07187 for further information

EFFECTIVE DATE:
    Initial owner mailing is scheduled to begin: Phase 1 9-28-07

GENERAL INFORMATION:
    Instrument panel clusters (IPC) required to complete this special coverage are to be obtained from the Electronic Service Centers. Refer to GM Service Policies and Procedures Manual, section 1.5.9, for specific procedures. To eliminate keeping the customer's vehicle overnight, customers are being told to contact the dealership to arrange a service appointment and to supply their VIN. Dealers are to pre-order the IPC identifying the part from the Electronic Parts Catalog using the VIN filter so it will be at the dealership on the day of the scheduled appointment.
    1. The customer will contact the dealership to arrange an appointment and provide their VIN.
    2. Contact a GM Authorized Electronic Service Center to order an exchange and arrange for delivery of the pre-exchange product.
    3. All units will be shipped FedEx Ground.
    4. After removal of the defective unit, return the defective core to the Electronic Service Center using the supplied pre-paid Automatic Return shipping (ARS) label.
    5. Failure to return the product within 30 days to the Electronic Service Center will result in a charge to the Dealer's Open Parts Account.
    Thanks for the information Knockster, will inform you later on how I make out at the dealer.
  • mrgrassmrgrass Member Posts: 2
    dude, you deserve a adult beverage... on me.
    i just bought a 04 envoy xuv for my wife. loaded to the gills and in excellent condition. had it for about a week or so, and started having issues with the speedometer... stuck from 0 to 10 if anything at all. its been very spiratic to say the least. i contacted the dealer and they game me that standard used car saleman guy crap about "sure bring it down, well take care of it". were only about to turn 30k on the ticker, but from the wording of that letter you posted, i should be able to take it to a local gmc dealership. if it works out... like i said, the first beer is on me. thanks.
    btw, just wondering... has your odometer been effected? kinda makes me wonder if the dealer i just got it from misrepresented the actural milage thus putting me in a excellent position to renegotiate the amount financed.
  • ksatc1ksatc1 Member Posts: 4
    Have an issue with speedometer which I would guess is the instrument cluster as described. Have called dealership and GM to discuss the problem and told them of the special coverage adjustement bulletin 07187 that was describe on this forum. Both places have told me they cover a lot of the GMC vehicles listed but envoy are not one of them. I have 2004 Envoy XUV with 45000. Sounds like a real crock because I would expect this instrument panel to be the same as others listed. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Don't feel like paying 500 for a speedometer that should be covered.
    At this point I am very frustrated, angry and as disappointed as most of us here. What to do with this obvious, widespread Envoy problem is the big question.
    (The problem GM is very aware of) Got my Envoy back to the Dealer again and of course it was on its best behavior and showed no signs of problems to the tech. Shared with the service advisor all of the information here, the bulletin, (#07187) from Knockster and that joe163's dealer replaced the ignition switch and the problem got progressively worse and when they replaced the instrument cluster it corrected the problem. After sharing this info with the Dealer and my Envoy spending an overnight with them, they informed me they wanted to start with replaing the ignition switch.. You have got to be kidding me is all I could say to them, obviously I left without them doing anything, except for the diagnoses, that I had to pay for and here I am with this question. What to do next..???
    Supposedly there is a #07187 (B) letter out that states which vehicles that are covered. My 2004 Envoy with 45000 is not one of them. There were plenty of GM's that were in 07187 (B). There doesn't seem to be a 07187 (A) anymore that listed the envoy in the previous post. I can't remember for sure what makes he said were covered but I find it hard to beleive it isn't the same blankedy blank, blank instrument cluster/ speedometer (got edited by edmunds before) that is in my Envoy. Any others having success getting this fixed.
  • mrgrassmrgrass Member Posts: 2
    i talked with the dealers gmc location about my issues and what i learned here... i was basically told that if that was indeed the problem, than it would be fixed and paid for by gmc. however i told that if it wasnt the problem, i would be stuck with the diagnosis bill. called the dealer that i purchased the envoy from, and was told that it would be taken care of. i have to take it all the way down to them, just so they can run it through their dodge service dept., just so i can get taken up to the gmc dealer thats about 15 minutes from me. good thing its my gas theyre wasting. :mad:
    btw, according to the gmc service mgr. this is a problem in a majority of their suvs but is most prevailent in the full size trucks.
  • socialbugsocialbug Member Posts: 1
    Believe it or not I was quoted 657.00 for the same thing... My problem is if this is an on going problem then there should be a national recall for this particular part..... I am going to try to reach the corporate office to find out what other alternative do consumers like us have.
  • benben Member Posts: 1
    This is a total crock on behalf of all GM customers who are having problems with the instrument panel cluster. I have a 2003 GMC Envoy with only 57,000 miles and not being able to read the right amount of fuel in the tank on a car that cost with
    tax etc,, 34K. I see why GM is having some much trouble and kissing the governement for money when they treat their loyal customers this way. The cluster will cost me in excess of $700 , when its a problem they have been able to isolate as a mfg defect. So why should we pay for something they knew was a problem and from what i read on the Internet, its all across many of GM's vehicles.
    I went to the dealer today and they stated its not on the Bulletin #07187 A or B.
    They need to include the ENvoy on this list. Read this GM, you should have gone out of business if you continue to treat your customers in this fashion. I am going foreign if this is the way they believe its right. READ GM !!!! Learn from what people are saying you Idiots !!!
    Took my envoy in at 34,000 prior to the the warranty run out at 36,000. When I was getting a fuel light when I shouldn't have. The light would go off occassionaly and work correctly most of the time. When I took it to GM the found nothing wrong. Now I have all sorts of issues. Speedometer, Tach, occassional battery light, occassional gas light. So what do you think the problem is and was at the time I took it in. Whats the odds of GM taking care of this?
  • georgergeorger Member Posts: 1
    In Dec 2007, my vehicle started accumulating water above the headliner. After a day of sitting in the rain, I noticed upon moderate braking a small water fall coming from the front of the headliner on to the dashboard. At the dealer, they checked the drains were open and the sun roof was closed and sealed. After five days of water checks they thought they had found the leak above the headliner in a seam in the roof. They sealed this and it still leaked. After another week, they finally found the leak in the track assembly where 2 factory rivets attached the drain rail to the frame assembly of the sun roof and were definately causing the leak. The service manager told me the only way to fix the problem would be to remove and repair the entire assembly which would cost about $1300. After the initial shock, denial and anger, I concluded that this was truly a factory design screwup. The service manager agreed and further stated it would only be $1000 to buy and install a new assembly. After numerous calls to GMC and further coordination with the service manager who went to bat for me, GMC agreed to send the dealer a new assembly complete with glass (even though the warranty had run out on body failures) at no cost as a factory warranty repair. I did suffer a lot of grief because of repeated attempts to fix the problem and numerous trips to return the vehicle for more leak testing. So, be polite, reasonable and STUBBORN and you may get lucky. Also, when they took down the headliner and later removed and replaced the the old assembly , I took a lot of digital pictures of everything. When the one year warranty is up on a repair like this you might need the pictures for another repair by yourself. reich
  • amyjones929amyjones929 Member Posts: 4
    We recently took our 04 Envoy in for this problem, (unaware of this letter) and were charged about $700 for this to be replaced. I think if the dealerships received this letter they should have paid for the fix. They could have returned the defective part as the letter states and received a reimbursement for it along with charging us, since we had no knowledge of this letter and made double. I think that stinks! I wrote GMC about this and have yet to receive a response except saying they got my email. When we took our vehicle in it had under 50,000 miles on it. I am not sure I will buy GM again. I can't believe the government gave them $$ and they still don't take care of their customers.
    Enough is enough, the waiting game is over for me, I will surrender today. After all this time of waiting with this instrument panel problem and the GMC dealer pretending I am the only one with this problem, not aware of this widespread issue with Envoys or any Bulletin to GMC dealers. With all this being said my Envoy will be handed over to them today for repair, and of course they insist on starting with the ignition switch, even after I have shared posts from this thread showing that the problem is with the instrument cluster. Thanks again for everyones help here, but unless someone can reply to this post within the next couple of hours with saving information, my Envoy will be enroute to the dealer, with its tail between its legs.
  • frankie03frankie03 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2004 GMC Envoy, with 60,000 miles...driving home I notice the battery light came on, and stayed on after I parked it. Also, the speedometer stayed at 60MPH. Good thing I didn't fully pay for the vehicle yet. Supposedly, this dealership will fix it, I hope they just don't rig it short term until the 3 month warranty is up. Sounds like a recall is needed.
  • TiredofGMTiredofGM Member Posts: 1
    I gave up on GM doing the right thing. I purchased all the stepper motors needed on ebay and now my 2004 Envoy instrument cluster works perfectly. It was very easy to do if you know how to de-solder and solder. I should have done this a long time ago.

Note to GM- You Suck!
  • uhlixuhlix Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 GMC Envoy with pretty much the same problem that everyone else on this thread has. The gauge in question for me is my oil pressure gauge. I have a friend that is an accomplished mechanic and has his own garage business so I'm thinking of purchasing the instrument cluster from ebay and working with him to replace it.

My question is this. Does anyone know where there is good documentation for replacing the instrument cluster? I'm sure we could figure it out ourselves with some investigative work, but any information that any of you can provide for doing the job would make it that much easier and quicker for us.

Thanks much!
    Hank
  • JJPINTO788JJPINTO788 Member Posts: 2
    My 2004 XUV has a pegged oil pressure gage since last year and then last week the speedo was saying 60 when i was parked. It took 2 days for the speedo to return to normal, but don't know if it will haooen again. With 50k miles it out of warranty, but was is up with GM fixing the problem for free.
  • mimi14mimi14 Member Posts: 1
    I am unclear, is GMC willing to fix this problem or not? I have a 2004 Envoy XL and I have no idea what to do. Can I get some more information on the stepper motors you purchased. thanks
  • JJPINTO788JJPINTO788 Member Posts: 2
    I visited my local GMC dealer with a copy of letter by Knockster dated 10/2/08. I was given by the service advisor a copy of GM bulletin #07187B that does not have Envoys currently included in this repair program. He can only provide repairs to Sierra, Yukon & Yukon XL,as stated in 07187B. This current bulletin dated 9/9/08 replaces bulletin 07187A issued 11/07. I was also told that my oil pressure gage problem can be due a bad sending unit.This does not explain the irratic speedo problem that re-appeared after self- correcting.I am not the person who purchased and installed the stepper motors etc but have the ability to solder if necessary. I would also be interested in hearing more on this repair procedure.
  • pegaleg50pegaleg50 Member Posts: 1
    I filled my tank up, and all of a sudden, the gas gauge is reading empty, with the yellow light blaring at me. As I drive along, the light goes out, and the gauge slowly crawls towards full. Huh? Sometimes my yellow "stabilitrak" lights come on, even though I can stop the vehicle just fine and the traction control and ABS seem to be working OK. Huh?
    GM is aware of this situation as noted in message #13 of this thread. GM Bulletin GMP07-174-Special Coverage Adjustment #07187. More information is available from the GM Customer Assistance Program at 1-866-790-5600. Good luck to all with this situation.
  • bfinchbfinch Member Posts: 1
    what gmc dealer did you contact about your envoy? I have an '04 envoy and i called the recall center and they said that teh envoy was not on the list for this recall but they would note this as a complaint. and if anything should become of it then they would be in contact with me. Thanks bobbie
  • lonealloneal Member Posts: 2
    could you tell me the name of the guy in wichita who fixes these. thanks would certainly appreciate it.
  • lonealloneal Member Posts: 2
    Ive done quite a bit of soldering. what part do I need to do the ten dollar fix. thank you very much.
  • lj09lj09 Member Posts: 1
    I have been experiencing problems with my 2005 GMC Envoy. The speedometer stopped working and reads 120 miles an hour no matter how fast I'm traveling. The gas indicator also stopped working and stays on "E" even with a full tank of gas. I also recently had to have the head gasket, fan clutch, water pump, and thermostat fixed at a costs of about $2500. This vehicle is too new of a model to be experiencing these severe problems. Has anyone experienced these problems?
  • texasenvoytexasenvoy Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I have been having problems with my speedometer for the past 6 months, off and on. I finally couldn't take it anymore and decided to check the internet to see if anyone else was having issues. I was shocked to find so many!!
    I talked to GM today and their response was that Envoys were not covered under the special coverage. I was told to get a diagnostic run on my truck by a GM service shop and to have it fixed. Once that's complete I can then send in my paperwork and then they'll decide IF they want to pay for it or not!!! Has anyone actually had their claim paid?
    I know there have been a few class action lawsuits filed because of this issue. Does anyone know of one in Texas? If not, is anyone interested in trying to create one?
    I don't understand why GM will not fix the problem when they know what it stems from. It's wrong that we as consumers have to pay for any repairs out of our own pockets first when GM knows of the defect!
  • ggc2ggc2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I hope this will help some of you for this problem, the speedometer on my Envoy some times started to work from 60,went back to 40 wen I park, and finely stop working at 120 even wen i turn the engine off, then I read from this forum about the stepper motors, so I did as he say, went to ebay and bought the stepper motors cost me $35.00 + sh & han, all 6 of them and follow the replacement instructions they sent me, it took me about an hour to replace the speedometer motor and re-install the cluster in to my car and now is working fine.
  • debmattdebmatt Member Posts: 1
    I,m having the same problem. Did you get it fix? If so how much? On recall?
  • courtmayscourtmays Member Posts: 6
    I also have a envoy with a speedometer issue. It says i'm doing 120 no matter how fast or slow i'm going. I have no other issues electrically no service engine or fuel guage problems. Could it possibly be a sensor or something?
  • normschrodernormschroder Member Posts: 1
    I recently spent a bundle to replace my instrument cluster due to speedometer problems. I don't understand why GM won't stand behind this repair, when the same speedometers have been recalled on a number of other GM products. The best thing we all can do is to report our problems to the National Highway Transportation Safety Board -- they have a website that allows ready filing of complaints. If the feds get a sufficient number of complaints, they might actually act on our behalf.

Funny thing is, on all the GM vehicles I've owned, the old analog speedometers never failed. GM should be ashamed of the way they're treating Envoy owners -- don't know about anyone else, but I'll certainly think twice before buying another GM product.
  • nothappy19nothappy19 Member Posts: 18
    Mine started with the Service engine soon light on/off for about 6 months, took it in they told me it was the Crank to Cam system about $450-500.00. I told them forget it. Then I was told the Service Engine light was a faulty thermostat. Now my speedometer jerks and sometimes pegs out at 120 and stays there. My cruise control Works intermittenly this vehicle has been nothing but trouble. My mechanic calls it prosessed. If I start the car several times the speedometer drops back to 0. It only happens when I drive it over an hour or so.
    Anyonw else had trouble with Cruise Control also?
    Did you try to send them a message to the Transportation board? I will write a letter along with anyone else on these Envoy's. The only good thing I say about mine is the Stereo is Awsome. Now that will probably jinx.
  • charlie2232charlie2232 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 04 envoy where the water temp sensor is intermittently according to the code reader. I purchased one from auto zone and went home to put it in. That was a couple of months ago and I've still not found the darn thing. Can't find schematics to locate it. Anybody know where the sensor is located?
  • watkinsk1watkinsk1 Member Posts: 1
    The temperature sensor in behind the alternator on the side of the engine.
    1. Remove Negitive Cable from btry
    2. Drain Radiator by disconnecting lower drain hose. Save it and reuse it.
    3. Remove Serpine Belt. 3/8 drive ratchet or breaker bar locates in idler pulley. Pull from alternator to remove and install.
    4. I would recomment you remove the 3/4" Aluminum crossover pipe mouning screws so the pipe can moved while removing the alternator.
    5. Remove alternator & mounting bracket. Carefull with the connector wires. They are small and fragil. A magnet wand would be handy. some of the bolts can drop. Keep ground clear also to help find them if they drop.
    6. Locate Sensor along the side of the block.
    7. Remove connector slide locking tab and then connector.
    8. Using a 18mm wrench or modified 18mm socket to allow wires not to be damages and remove.
    9. Reverse to install.
    10. Instrument Cluster gage may act funny after this. Mine did so now I have a bad speedometer, temperature gage, and the check engine light for low temp is back on.
    So, it may be the instrument panel or computer. Even though I had mine diagnoised before and the CPU is a more expensive option. I elected to do the sensor. 1 hour and $40 for sensor.

Good Luck
  • andym3andym3 Member Posts: 5
    :mad: I had a feeling I'd find others with similar problems! Good ole GM and they wonder why America is mad! They are willing to lose customers over something they can control. My 04 Envoy has similar sporadic speedometer issues, starts at 60, pegs at 120, now I've noticed my oil gauge is pegged out of range. And all this time I was glad the gas gauge was working...after reading all this I guess I can't assume that either. This thread has been very helpful and I'll be writing to the TSB and GMC.
    Yep I know the feeling 2 weeks ago I notice my oil gauge was topped out at the max too, called my mechanic, he said it goes with the instrument panel problems. I was figuring how fast I was going by my tach, then it started messing up too......What a piece of GMC crap.
  • ldchanceldchance Member Posts: 4
    I have my light on the intstrument giving all kinds of warning, battery, no seatbelt and I have it on the gas light is on, the gauges all stop working then start back on their own. I took the my truck to GMC dealer in Columbia, he told me the Envoy is not on the recall list and it will cost $597.00 with part and labor to replace.

Is there any update on whether will be a recall for this vehicle?

LaQuanda
  • beerritebeerrite Member Posts: 1
    The auto mirrors do not hole the adjustment. We have to adjust them every time I start the vehicle. I have set them over and over and would like to just disable them. Any suggestions
    Don
  • pocketpocket Member Posts: 29
    Like everyone else in here, I am having issues with my instrument cluster also. My speedo is stuck at 80 mph. the oil pressure gauge is pegged completely, and the check engine light comes on at about half of a tank of gas, and then goes off after I fill it back up. I have read every post in here, and there are a couple of posts about buying stepper motors on E-bay, and others asking the same question. Where can I find them?? If anyone has a link, please share it, I have spent countless hours on E-bay, and can find nothing on stepper motors. I am an acomplished mechanic, and can easily handle the removal of the instrument cluster, and the de-soldering, and re-soldering the motors, but I have to find them first. Thanks for any help you can give.