Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Patriot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

dmac86dmac86 Member Posts: 1
Any deals on an 08 Patriot? I'm considering buying soon.

Comments

• saabskisaabski Member Posts: 61
    There's $500 Cash allowance, or 5.9% for 60 months available for '08 Patriot.
    I'd say go with the $500 allowance, and the dealer could discount you another $500 off MSRP. I bought my 2007 Patriot with about $1,300 off the MSRP (including $500 cash allowance at the time) in September of 2007. Patriot is a good seller for Jeep, so discounts aren't as big for them as the other gas-guzzling SUVs in their lineup. I really doubt that Jeep will pour more incentives into this car, as gas price surges past $3.80 per gallon in some areas.

I love my Patriot. 5,000 miles so far, and no problems what so ever.
    Getting 23 to 24 MPG mostly city driving (it's a CVT).

Good luck. ;)
  • nosirrahgnosirrahg Member Posts: 872
    It's also been announced that Jeep is addressing the perceived low-rent interior of the Patriot in 2009 with a revamped interior. I don't know how much better it will be, but you could use that info as a bargaining chip on a 2008. You can also get some good deals on remaining 2007 models, but choices are limited (and often Limiteds!), and there's the whole stigma of buying a first-year vehicle.

I bought an '08 2WD Sport CVT in late November 2007, and so far I'm happy (but then again, I was looking for a fuel-efficient, versatile vehicle to go with my wife's sedan, and not a rock crawler). I'm a little annoyed at the interior upgrade announcement, but will have to wait and see how substantial a change it brings.
  • rd502rd502 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at an '08 Patriot Limited/4WD/CVT. Sticker is $23,800. According to Edmunds, should be able to negotiate $1,000 off sticker plus $500 incentive cash for about $22,200. What have other's experience been negotiating off sticker?

This would be a lease if I bought it and I'm pretty sure this dealership uses Chrysler Financial. Does anyone know their money factors and residuals for a 36, 39 and 48 month lease at 15k miles year? Based on the Jeep website it looks like it's cheaper to do a 36 month lease than a 48, so I want to check all 3. I know Chryseler Financial has some ridiculous acquisition fee ($500? $700?). What are their other terms? If their lease terms aren't favorable, I can probably buy a Honda CRV EX with extended warranty cheaper than this per month.
  • bankerrobbankerrob Member Posts: 1
    Anyone want to share an EC code with me? I am looking at an '08 Patriot.. recently married and could use the cost help. My email is bankerrob@yahoo.com Thanks!!
  • aaron_taaron_t Member Posts: 301
    There is an additional $2000 in marketing supprot on certain 2008 Patriots, based on VIn. I haven't yet figured out what the criteria is for getting that, but my guess is build date (older = more cash).
  • mick2001mick2001 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my patriot Sat.

2008 Limited

MSRP 23760

Customer Preferred Package 26F
    Trailer Tow Prep Group $ 250
    Full-Size Spare Tire
    Engine Oil Cooler
    Trailer Tow Wiring Harness
    Security and Convenience Group $ 535
    Security Alarm
    Daytime Running Lamp System
    Soft Tonneau Cover
    UConnect(R) Hands-Free Communication
    Continuously Variable Transaxle II $ 1,100
    AutoStick(R) Automatic Transmission
    Power Sunroof with Express Open/Close Feature $ 800
    AM/FM Stereo Radio w/In-Dash 6-Disc CD/MP3 Player

I paid 19400 out the door.
    Hurley CJD in Deland FL

I just dont like the color.. I think its going to get some getting use to. But my mom, who now lives with me loves it.. and at this point in her life, its all about her.
  • joep5joep5 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have any thoughts on what has a chance for a better deal between a leftover (new) 2007 or a 2008 Patriot (both comparably equipped)? I am seeking the lowest possible price. Should I be able to do better on the 2007? And is below invoice a reasonable price?
    I may have a chance for a Friend/Family Employee Code, would that help for either?
    Thanks!
  • jmorrowjmorrow Member Posts: 2
    Hey Joep5 I sell Jeeps for a living. The lowest price possible is not always the best price. To Answer your question, if the dealer is going to give you invoice (what they paid for the car) that is the lowest price. But let me ask you a question when you buy this car and you have a question about something on your car or you need help with something who are you going to call ( your salesman). Why are you trying to steal from him or her. If the lowest price is 1,000 less that then best price with the best service. Then why would you not pay twenty dollars extra a month for someone to take care of you anytime you have any problems. To be blunt if you can't afford an extra 1,000 or 20 dollars a month you should not buy a car. Have you ever heard you get what you pay for. Buying a car is a big investment not to have anyone to rely on if something goes wrong. In short Pay your salesman if there is worth it don't cry over 1,000 dollars when have a good salesman is worth much more.
    A couple points:

No one calls salespeople for service work. After the purchase, the salesperson is rarely involved.

Invoice price is not what a dealer pays for a vehicle.
    As far as I know, there is $2750 in dealer cash on 2007 Patriots. 2008 models have $500 custer rebate plus $2000 VIN-specific (I think the VIN specific is a farce and all 2008 Patriots get the $2k). rebate. So, theoretically, there is only $250 more on the table for 2007 models. Now, a dealer might be willing to sell a 2007 model for less, maybe $500 or $1000 less than a 2008 model with same equipment, then take off the $2750.

Most likely, it will come down to price vs. availbility. There are not many 2007 models on dealer lots. If you are picky about certain equipment, you may not find what you want. You may end up paying more (for more equipment) on a 2007 model vs. a 2008 model that fits your needs. Use the jeep dealer inventory search feature to look at what your local dealers have on hand.

I test drove a 2007 Compass about a month ago with MSRP ~$26.6k. They were willing to sell it for $1303 under employee price, then take off the rebate ($4750). I did not ask for pricing on a similar 2008 model. I ended up buying a different 2007 Compass with MSRP ~$22.7k for $15.4k + TTL, about $500 under EP. Less of a discount for less equipment, but still $3k less OTD.
  • observer22observer22 Member Posts: 41
    Sacramento area's Chrysler Jeep of Elk Grove (Calif.) advertising 2007 Limited 4x4 Patriots (4 of em) for $5000 off sticker price. Overall national economy is so weak now is when you offer 10-15% below advertised prices. Wait until last couple days of the month and especially last 2-3 days of the quarter.

Same dealer has 2007 Jeep Compass 4x4 for $13,995 (only 1).
    Thanks observer22 and aaron_t...I'm still trying to get the dealer to move a 2007 well below sticker, otherwise will pursue ordering a 2008 under the Friends program. Thanks!
  • 80srockgod80srockgod Member Posts: 15
    What are leases looking like on this car?

Why is there no lease forum?

Why the hell does Jeep have the commander, compas, and liberty? If one were drunk, they would all look like the same car.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,186

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• thong24kthong24k Member Posts: 23
    I just got ripped off from Jeep dealer at Dover Dodge in Rockaway. I don't know if anyone can give me advise. Or better yet for someone who look to buy any new car at this dealer. After the agreement of purchase price of Jeep Patriot for 19380 less dealer incentive 2500. When you get in the finance guy, he will tried to trick you anyway he can. He gave you a bunch of paper to sign. Here is for extended warrantee sign here and here...then he asked if I need a Maint. contract for the cost of $595 ...I said no. He will tried to rush you so you don't have time to read all the contract. At the end, with very little consideration time, he still sneak in the cost of Window ETCH $289 + Ser cont$1553 which when we talked he said 1268 then Life ins. which he never mention $303. When tell him, he said come back tomorrow because he has another customer waiting. BEWARE NEVER BUY THE VEHICLE FROM THIS DEALER or look carefully...don't be a full like me. This is the worst experience of buying the car from dealer. I have purchased the car from Honda before they were very nice more upfront, the after service were the best. I decided to buy the Jeep because it's cheaper, but here I ended up paying more.
  • bobw1bobw1 Member Posts: 19
    Does anyoe know when the larger rebates are coming back to the Patriots?
  • pmccordpmccord Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased my 08 Patriot last night. It's the 4x4 sport with leather seats, and a sunroof. The MSRP was 24,900. I was able to negotiate down to 24,150. Then got a 2,500 cash rebate which brought it down to 21,650. I'm happy with the deal we got, especially for what our trade in value was for our old vehicle.
    The $500 advertised rebate, plus $2000 unadvertise rebate are still valid this monrth. The $2.99/gal gas card replaces the $2000, though.
  • ricoucfricoucf Member Posts: 21
    This a quote for a Brand new Red Jeep Patriot 4X2 sports edition with the 26E package and automatic transmission 2.4L engine:
    MSRP 19925

The quote given is 17k OTD

Given that were I live in florida a 6.5% sales tax and about $200 in reg. fees that will put the vehicle base price to $15775

If this deal holds out should I take it?
    $4100 off MSRP is good right now.

FWIW, there are some changes coming for 2009 to the interior if you feel liek wating a few months.

NEW INSTRUMENT PANEL, DOOR TRIM PANEL AND CENTER CONSOLE
    NEW CHROME ACCENTS
    NEW CARPETED LOAD FLOOR REPLACES VINYL LOAD FLOOR
    NEW ILLUMINATED CUPHOLDERS
    NEW MYGIG RADIOS
    Sounds like a decent deal. I just bought a Patriot Sport 4x4, 26E, w/ Tire Group and Tow Prep. MSRP was 21900, got it for 17800 (plus TTL). I'm sure there was some dealer gain on my trade, but I also got what I was looking for on it. So overall a win-win.
  • cadrewcadrew Member Posts: 10
    Hi all, just got a 2008 Patriot 4x2, CVT transmission, with the 158 HP engine. Advertised sale price here in So Cal after the $2500 rebate was $11,800, and with tax title, etc. was $13,450 out the door. Nice.

I see these deals every week too, but you have to get there early.

Also, they had me sit around for 2 hours, and tried to sell me the "package" of pre-installed alarm and other crap for $3000, then kept lowering the price. I declined every time, about 7 times. Finally got my deal. My monthly payment is about $253, for 5 years, with nothing down, using the "blank check" loan from Capital One, their rate was 5.44% for me, and I have good credit. Nice deal.

Very basic car, but it is an SUV, has decent room, and I wanted that gas mileage of 25 mpg.

Beware of the dealers though, they make it really tough to get this deal without offering you all the other b.s., and don't let them tell you that you have to use their financing to get the advertised price. If it doesn't say it in the ad, then it is not legal for them to tell you that, so let them know that you know it's illegal to do that.

Good luck all!
    I finished yesterday night on the deal and here is complete details of it:
    Window Price:
    Base Price: $15475
    Inferno Red Color: $225
    Package option 26E: $2225
    CVT: $1100
    Destination Price: $560
    Total MSRP: $19585

The Total deal was:
    Price of Vehicle: $18106.33
    Dealer fee: $75
    Electronic Filing Fee: $40
    Lead Acid Battery Fee: $1.50
    Florida new tire fee: $5.00
    FL Sales Tax 6%: $1093.67
    County Tax .5%: $25.00
    Lemon Law: $2.00
    License, Reg, Title: $101.50
    Subtotal: $19450.00
    Rebate: -$2500.00
    OTD price: 16,950

I hope this is enough information for you guys to try to make a better deal :) .
    Nice deal Man! it looks like you beat me about $1k if I would have gotten the base model. Hope you enjoy it. It sure will give you the best bang for your buck as far as small SUV.
  • stater09stater09 Member Posts: 4
    I read somewhere that Chrysler has discontinued their "friends and extended family" discount; however, that employees can still help to get the cost down to invoice cost. Can someone explain this to me, or better yet, be the one to help out a college student in getting a new car!

Thanks
    That is correct, The employee price for extended family/friends is discontinued. The regular preferred/supplier/friends pricing continues which ends up being near invoice (some vehicles +, others -). Basically, what most people can negotiate anyway without the hassle of negotiating. Being a college student, you are probably better off negotiating invoice and using the college grad incentive of $400 as you cannot use it with Friends program anyway.
  • buytickbuytick Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know exactly when the new Patriots will be out?
    Also, can you get as good a discount on an ordered car as one that is on the lot?
  • bdanielbdaniel Member Posts: 1
    Ok, I've been checking around and these forums are the only mention I've found of a $2500 rebate for the 2008 patriots. I know they offered that rebate on the 2007's, but no dealer will mention the extra rebates on the 2008's.

I'm wondering, is this rebate only offered when I sit down to buy? Or only when I try to walk away? I've never bought a new car before, it's kind of overwhelming.

thanks
  • gomerohgomeroh Member Posts: 1
    If you go to jeep.com, click on Patriot, click on incentives, enter your zip code... and you will get the incentives that are being offered in your area. Don't be intimidated by the buying process, it's not as bad as you think! There are also additional incentives offered to military, and sometimes they offer something for recent college graduates that are first time new car buyers.
  • yurenyuren Member Posts: 1
    1. 2500 $ rebate
    2.1250 $ consumer cash allowance
    3. 400 $ College Grad

Can I get all of these? I am in Ohio.
  • gigigirlzgigigirlz Member Posts: 1
    I am kind of new to this game...and am trying to buy a new Patriot...before the end of the month so I can take advantage of the $2.99 gas deal...I am ready to :cry: ...How do you know if you are getting a good deal or not??? I do have a Chrysler Employee discount code from a friend...at the first dealer the Patriot listed at 19,975..and he would sell it to me for 18,475....the second dealer didn't have any Patriots he said...but he did have Compass's which he said were basically the same car...and that listed at 21,624 but my price was 20,625....I really thought that the employee discount was worth a better discount...I am sooooo :confuse: ...thanks for any suggestions or help....
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi yuren. Generally, the terms rebate and consumer cash allowance are synonyms. In July, Chrysler was providing anywhere from $750 to $2,000 consumer cash on the 2008 Jeep Patriot. The exact amount varied by region. This incentive is compatible with Chrysler's college grad cash. I have not seen what its new August incentives are yet. I suspect that Chrysler will announce them later on today.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • thong24kthong24k Member Posts: 23
    But beware that you cannot take both offers. You have to pick the cash allowance or the $2.99 gas rebate.
  • jefferson1964jefferson1964 Member Posts: 330
    "Hey Joep5 I sell Jeeps for a living. The lowest price possible is not always the best price. To Answer your question, if the dealer is going to give you invoice (what they paid for the car) that is the lowest price. But let me ask you a question when you buy this car and you have a question about something on your car or you need help with something who are you going to call ( your salesman). Why are you trying to steal from him or her. If the lowest price is 1,000 less that then best price with the best service. Then why would you not pay twenty dollars extra a month for someone to take care of you anytime you have any problems. To be blunt if you can't afford an extra 1,000 or 20 dollars a month you should not buy a car. Have you ever heard you get what you pay for. Buying a car is a big investment not to have anyone to rely on if something goes wrong. In short Pay your salesman if there is worth it don't cry over 1,000 dollars when have a good salesman is worth much more. "

Ya got to be kidding...so cuz i need to feel like the sales person will get extra $$$ for his/her service i should not worry about the EXTRA $1,000...yea use that yourself on your home purchase why dont you...same principle...my sales person did wonderful...so whats an EXTRA 10K over a 30 year note...ah who care just give it to them....I dont know about you but 1K just dont grow on trees where i live..i have to work for it..and if I can save it by bargaining a better deal then thats my right to do so...I have only dealt with a sales person ONE time after the sale and NEVER again...the one time i tried on a new honda i purchased the sale person brushed me off and told me to go to the service center...WHY cuz they HAD their money and were done with kissn my rear!!!!!!!! Get in the real world or change jobs.
  • razortechrazortech Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at buying a new Jeep Patriot and want to take advantage of the employee pricing. The dealer told me that the employee price was already below invoice and he couldn't go any lower. Is this what I should expect from all dealers? Does the employee discount come out of the dealer's profit?
  • GeeSlimmyGeeSlimmy Member Posts: 5
    I recently went to look at a Patriot Jeep 2009 Limited and got a quote:

To buy:

Mo. Pmt for a 72 Mo. Term @ 421.86. This is with Sirius Radio, UGPS, UConnect, UStudio, and all the other included options on a Patriot Jeep 2009 Limited. The amount financed was 25,465.04 then the Finance Charge was almost 20% of the Amount Financed @ 4,908.88. Why is the Finance Charge so high? I was thinking this should be around 8% or less of the amount financed? With this high finance charge it brings the Total Sale Price to 32,373.92. This is also with 2,000.00 down and all tax and fees included.

To Lease:

Mo. Pmt for 39 Mo. Term @ 434.97. This is the same deal as above except I would be leasing. I don't think the lease would have this very expensive finance charge.

I want to buy this SUV but I would like to pay between 350.00 and 400.00 for my monthly charges for a 72 Mo term. I'm currently leasing a 2006 Base SUV Nissan vehicle that's total price is higher then the Patriot and I'm only paying 308.00 a mo. my lease expires soon. To me It just seems strange that this Finance Charge would be so high?
    Couple of things..

In general, the domestics don't have very good lease programs.. If you want to lease, you should probably stick with imports.

Didn't the dealer quote an interest rate with the payments on a purchase? Anyway, the interest rate on 72 month notes is usually 1-2 points higher than a 60 month loan. It looks like your interest rate is around 6%, which isn't bad at all... Not sure how you expected the finance charges to only equal 8% of the total payments... After all, you are borrowing the money for 6 years.... and the average balance will be a little over 1/2 of the amount borrowed, over that term...

I'm not all that familiar with Patriot pricing, but it looks like your purchase price, plus fees and taxes is about $27,500... That seems like a lot, but maybe your unit is loaded up?

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

The Total Price is $26,955.00 with Taxes included. I didn't realize that the finance charge was going to be $4,908.88 and the Amount Financed (borrowed) would be $25,465.04. APR is 5.90.

This is a limited Fully loaded with Sun Roof, Sirius Radio XM, Uconnect, Ugps system installed plus all leather seats and stereo system. The price is $421.86 per/mo. for the 72 mo. term. The dealer just mentioned I'm getting an employee price and if i want the monthly cost to be less then i would need to put more then $2000.00 down.
    One other thing why is the lease price so high? It comes out to $16963.83 for 39 mo. Basically this means I would be paying for over half of the total cost in 3 years! ouch!

Mo. cost for lease with $2000 down is @ $434.97
    5.9% gibes with my reverse calculation... That's just math.. Six years is a long time to borrow money.. The A in APR stands for annual... So, 5.9% of the average balance, each year of the loan.

As far as the lousy lease payment? Low residuals, plus high money factors (interest). Since Chryler Finance isn't leasing, they have to run the lease through an independent bank. That bank only makes money on the finance charges... they aren't concerned with car sales, so no extra incentives to lease.

At these prices, I think I'd learn to like something different..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mb789mb789 Member Posts: 89
    Anyone speculating on what the incentives will do next month? In my area, there is a $1500 cash allowance until the end of July. Since next month most people will be concerned with back to school, do you think the incentives could sweeten?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mb789. I've heard that Chrysler told its dealers that it will change its July incentives on most models either today or tomorrow. Unscheduled revisions to incentive programs are usually enhancements, so there is a reasonable chance that the incentives on the Jeep that you are interested in will be better later this week than they are today. Of course, it is difficult to tell exactly what automakers will do with their future incentive programs with 100% accuracy.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mb789mb789 Member Posts: 89
    There are some hefty incentives on Patriots right now -- any new owners out there? What was your buying experience like?
  • wjz87wjz87 Member Posts: 1
    Not under CARS program, but still bought my first Jeep Patriot. 4X4, CVT2, 26E, sunroof, wheel/tire. MSRP $25,085. Paid preferred price $23668 - $3500 incentive = $20,168+ Tax 6%+Doc $100 + ~89 title/plate. Free 6 oil changes + lifetime inspection.

Bought it concerning (1) rollover safety (w/ 1600MPa strength B-pillar), (2) warranty (for CVT), (3) gas mileage (should get 24/25mpg) and price/incentive. Considered Ford escape 2009, Chevy Equinox 2010, Subaru Forester 2010, Mazda CX-7. Never considered Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, Nissan Rogue, Mitsubishi Outlander.

Wanted safety/security pkg, but couldn't get it.
  • jermadmanjermadman Member Posts: 4
    Lowest price in Los Angeles is $14,490 for the cheapest model. It seems like a good price,
  • tntbelttntbelt Member Posts: 1
    Just bought one today for $15,500 in Ohio. Very happy with the deal we got, it's a great vehicle from all that I have read and heard about them.
    It's a 2009 Jeep Patriot Sport, 4x4 and nicely equipped.
  • mjk1115mjk1115 Member Posts: 1
    I want to get a 2010 patriot, and it's my first time buying a car. I'm looking at a couple models in the Long Beach, CA area: all Sport FWD w/CVT and Customer preferred package 24B. MSRP is listed at $22,290, but several of the models are listed online discounted down to $17,169-$17,485. I used the edmunds TMV tool and found that the average people paid for this car is around $19,800.

Is the $17k price too good to be true or should i expect to be able to get this kind of price because it's the end of the year? The websites also state that part of the discounts are contingent apon returning owner/lessee, which I am not, should i still aim for the discounted price? Is it reasonable to try to negotiate even lower than this, or will it make me look naive?
    Dear Car_Man,
    I purchased a new 2010 Jeep Patriot in early April of this year. My son liked the Patriot and he wanted me to price out a 2010 model like mine for him. My sticker showed a base price of $17,795 for a Patriot Sport 4x2. On my sticker below the base price box it is written Jeep patriot Sport FWD (LHD). The sticker that I saw yesterday at the dealers on a 2010 model that is basically identical to mine shows Jeep Patriot Sport FWD with a base price of $15,995. Also, when I went to another dealers website I saw on his pull down menu both the Jeep Patriot Sport FWD and Jeep Patriot Sport FWD Original Model Code. I believe mine is the Original Model Code, but my question is; what is the difference?
    Thank you in advance for the clarification.
    Jerry
    Correction form Jerry;

The dealers sticker yesterday showed a base price of $15,365 for the 2010 not $15,995 which is the base price on a 2011...sorry.
  • fastsvofastsvo Member Posts: 31
    Anyone purchase a Patriot recently that can go in further detail about their own deal and the incentives that are currently available?