Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac G6- Water leak

Comments

• gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Kmheitkamp,

Thank you for posting. Yes, please go ahead and email the VIN our way and we'll investigate further.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • nclem04nclem04 Member Posts: 1
    I have been experiencing water in the rear passenger floor and it seems to only occur after it has rained. I had a body shop check it out and all door seals are good, no sun roof, and I had a mechanic check the AC drain. All seems to be good but I get a bunch of water in the car when it rains. I shop vac the car out each time it rains and now I have a fan running on it to help dry. I wish a design engineer would figure this out. I see lots of people going to dealers to get checked out but I have not seen 1 solution to the problems discussed. Please help! Thanks...
  • kmheitkampkmheitkamp Member Posts: 4
    My VIN is 1G2Z6528454124344. I appreciate any help you can offer! Thanks!
    Thank you for that information. I didn't see any open recalls associated to your vehicle at this time. If you would like to open a Customer Assistance case with us, please email us and we'd be happy to get that set up (we'd need contact information and the name of your preferred dealership).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • edsundquistedsundquist Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    I also have had the same problem with the moonroof drain leaking. We too could smell the wet, mildew-y upholstery, brought it to dealership i bought it from not even 2 weeks after we got it home and they said they fixed it. And I know they didnt' take seats or even headliner down. That is ridiculous that all these people are having the EXACT same problem. I also have seen MANY forums about the radiator going bad on G6's, mine included! Best part is the dealership wont go good for any repairs!!!!!!! The worst part of this problem is this will be the LAST Pontiac I will EVER purchase. Oh yeah, and the vehicle had about 55k miles on it!
    I'm sorry to hear about your frustration with this concern. Have you already worked with Customer Assistance?

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • canyon08canyon08 Member Posts: 14
    Hi Sarah, I live in Dartmouth Nova Scotia, can you help me with warranty/recall isssues or point me to someone who can? I'm scared to death with seeing all the issues others are having with the truck....I really love the truck but...was there a recall on the heads? Thanks..
  • jedagrjedagr Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem. 2005 Pontiac G6. When it rains, the water leaks in on both passenger side floorboards. The water fills up the panel on the exterior side beneath the glove compartment and comes out the joint. It's also been filling up the panel between the passenger doors and coming out that joint. Today it was nearly an inch deep in the front floorboard and I've lost count how many times I've had to shopvac the water out. I've owned the car since 2006 and the problem just started this fall. Mine also leaks from the light fixture near the rearview mirror but that's just a few drops, never enough to contribute to the floorboard water that I've seen. I've also developed an electrical short in the power outlets since this started. I don't know if it's related to the water or not but it never happened before. The fuse (located in the trunk fuse box) was blown and when I went to replace it, it sparked and promptly blew the new fuse. All of this is very frustrating. Obviously I'm not the only one! Would love to know if anyone has had any luck getting it fixed. I read through many of the previous posts but it didn't seem many people were having any luck. My car is well out of the warranty period.....156,000 miles and counting!
  • gonogogonogo Member Posts: 879
    If you have a sun roof , the hoses are not connected, needs to be repaired.
  • lucylou27lucylou27 Member Posts: 4
    Seems like his a popular issue. I also have the same problem with my 2009 pontiac G6 the back passenger door leaks also my door has a small leak as well. This should have been recalled if the issue is so popular. SO their is no warranty for this issue? I am setting up my appointment today to get this fixed. The smell is terrible when the inside gets wet luckily I live in TX and rain is rare.
    Canyon08,

I apologize for the last response! Sometimes the tool we use to check on the forums is a bit slow, or will overlook posts entirely. I am sorry that yours fell into that camp, but am happy to help now. We can certainly check into your vehicle's warranty information and to see if there are any open recalls on your VIN if you were to email us the last 8 digits. GM of Canada is also available to you for further assistance at 800-263-3777.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Is your appointment with one of our GM dealerships? If so, we're available to follow up with you on that. Please let us know more details in an email.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • madmadammimmadmadammim Member Posts: 1
    Oh man, preaching to the choir. I am the second owner of this 2005 G6. Bought it in 2007 with 22k miles. Replaced a front bearing, back rotors (due to excessive rust), radio, and a sun roof water leak in 2008, while it was just finishing the warranty. The leak was from a drain tube coming unattached. The radio was just past warranty, so GM would do nothing about a 4 year old radio dying, and trust me, I let the rep know exactly how I felt about that one. I believe that the excess moisture in the car from the leak helped the stereo's demise.

Paint is chipping off of the grill and it looks like crap. Replaced the blower motor in 2009. Replaced rear calipers and rotors last week. And have a flooded back seat, like in 2009, again today. The gas milage has always been poor, never passed 30mpg, even on 12 hour highway road trips. Low quality interior features, such as the door lock button paint flaking off, and a funky treatment on the cloth seats that shows up white and gross looking after any minor moisture, such as a wet umbrella touches it.

I just rolled over 80k this week, and I baby my cars. Almost all of my miles are highway, no abuse, regular oil changes and inspections. I've been a life long Pontiac owner and bought this car with the intention of keeping it for a very long time, like the Bonneville that it replaced with over 450k miles and still getting over 32mpg. I will never own another Pontiac after dealing with this sh*%$ G6. The saving grace is that for some reason the bluebook on this car is sort of high, especially for what a piece of crap it is. for a 80k milage good condition G6, bluebook is $7600. My goal and advice for other G6 owners is to try to unload this car on some other sucker who is willing to "buy American" and can deal with this money pit. I'm so over it.
    I have taken the vehicle to a certfied service center and I was asked to pay 420$ for labor to fix the drainage issue that seems to be a constant problem. It seems that the drainage lines seem to come unattatatched and to reattatch them it is super costly. If this is such a popular issue why is GM not issuing help with this problem. Quality has not become a priority. I can give you my vehicle information if this can help me or anyone else in any way. I can be contacted by email at padilla727@yahoo.com.
  • kmheitkampkmheitkamp Member Posts: 4
    I would like to open a Customer Assistance case with you. I looked up dealerships in my area and found two which are listed under the GM site. I don't have a strong preference between the two dealerships.

1. GROSSINGER AUTOPLEX
    6900 MCCORMICK BLVD
    LINCOLNWOOD, IL 60712-2775
    Phone: (847) 675-8300
    Fax: (847) 674-9097

2. ROGERS AUTO GROUP
    2720 S MICHIGAN AVE
    CHICAGO, IL 60616-2819
    Phone: (312) 225-4300

Thank you for your help and assistance. I appreciate it!
    Sarah to who and where should I address the email in regards to my concern with these leaking tubes?
    Good morning,
    Sounds great! Could you please send us an email with your name/username, contact information (phone and address please), the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage? My coworker Christina, who responds to most of the Edmunds emails, will be sure to get your case set up and advise you of the next steps.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Good morning lucylou,
    I am sorry - the search tool I generally use for posts didn't seem to catch your previous response.
    Please use the email address located in my Edmunds profile. Your email will be sent into our database here, and you will hear back from my coworker Christina (who will use an @gm.com email address).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • dawnmannsdawnmanns Member Posts: 2
    It poured down rain yesterday morning I went to get into my car 2007 G6 after work and my inside windows were completly fogged up. I had twice before had problems with my back passenger side floor getting wet and couldnt figure out how, no one is ever back there. Turns out I checked this yesterday as I was sitting waiting for my windows to de fog and there was 2 inches of standing water in my back floorboard. I have had this car 3 yrs with no water problems before. I called the dealership they said it would be $78.00 a hour to find the problem. Any suggestions?
    Dawnmanns,
    I understand your hesitance to spend money on the diagnostic fee without any guaranty of assistance. A diagnosis is an important part in determining the nature of the concern, and it also helps to determine the estimated cost of repairs. Even through Customer Assistance, our first step is to have our customers go in for a diagnosis by one of our dealerships (which, if you would like to work with us towards diagnosing and resolving the leak, please get in touch via email).

I realize that there are very car savvy posters here on the forums, and hope you are able to get some good advice. Please keep us posted!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • dawnmannsdawnmanns Member Posts: 2
    Sarah,
    I emailed you this morning before I posted on the forum but havent heard back from you thru the email. Please let me know if you need any information from me. thank you
    Good morning,
    Great! My coworker Christina handles a bulk of the emails that come in from the forum, and so should be responding to your email before the weekend. Thanks for giving us the chance to work through this with you,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • lego78lego78 Member Posts: 4
    I too,have been having major leakage. First it was though the front of my car, but now my whole back seat is wet! It smells quite musty during the spring when it is drying out, but it is getting worse. It seems like there have been a lot of people with this same problem.When is GM going to address this? I live in CA, and the prices from the dealerships just to look at it would cost me an arm and leg. Please advise on anything that I can do to resolve this? Thank you.
    All,
    As there are so many experiencing these leaks, I am going to be documenting this thread for the consideration of my supervisors. In the meantime, if we can get a Service Request set up for anybody experiencing this concern, please send us an email with your name/Edmunds username, address and phone, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership. We'll move forward from there!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • s10extremes10extreme Member Posts: 1
    My 2006 G6 GT has been leaking as well. Email sent. I hope we can get this fixed at little cost to us.
    Good morning, Kate,
    Thanks for getting that information to me, but as this forum is public it may be a good idea to remove your post as it contains such personal information. Please look for an email from us shortly.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • stephanieostephanieo Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    I am taking mine in tomorrow. Is it covered under warranty?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    I removed the post.

Folks, PLEASE don't post personal contact info, particularly phone numbers, in any publicly-accessible forum. You're exposing yourself to getting unwanted phone calls, from whomever, at any time of the day or night.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

We can get you warranty parameters on your vehicle if you would please send us the last 8 digits of your VIN to the email listed in my profile.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • dtrostledtrostle Member Posts: 1
    I AM HAVING HORRIBLE WATER LEAKAGE PROBLEMS. THE FIRST ONE COST A FEW THOUSAND TO REPLACE THE WHOLE INSIDE FROM MOLD. NOW 4 MONTHS LATER IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN. PLEASE HELP!
    Good morning dtrostle,

I saw your email come in; if she hasn't already, my coworker Christina will be responding to you shortly to advise you further.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • brianbudbrianbud Member Posts: 1
    I have an '07 Pontiac G6 GT. The water is leaking out of the dome light. It has 35,000 miles on it and I have paid for the extended warranty. But the dealership said that this is not covered under the warranty. (I wonder if it is on a Toyota?). They also said for $70 buck they could do a water test. Hello! water test was done when it rained! Conclusion?.....Water leaks from the dome light. There! I just saved $70. But I still need the leak fixed. I have read a few other complaints about this. How many are needed for a recall? What do I do?
    I'm sorry about the leak you are experiencing in your G6. If you would like to work with Customer Service, please send us an email at the address located in my profile here on Edmunds (please include your name/Edmunds username, your phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership). We would be working alongside you with your dealership towards hopefully resolving this concern.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    If you have a sun roof, the hoses are off, GMPP does not cover water leaks.
    I have been in contact with GM directly and they are going to look into this for me. I had mine diagnoised today, and the right side front and bank drain tubes became disconnected. It sounds like this is the common problem, considering my front and back seats got soaking wet. They told me that they would have to remove the liner, and reconnect. I am thinking they should hopefully replace the liner as well, because im sure there is mold in it now.
    I hope they use the extension kit, and not just reconnect, if they do they will come off again.
    Well that is what they did. My dealership was really nice about doing that for me, however, I will make sure to watch out for that. Would you happen to know how much those extension kits are?
  • pixiewings7pixiewings7 Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

I recently purchased a 2009 Pontiac G6 Coupe and today it is full of water from the rain. I am waiting for the dealwer to call me back and so I googled my car and found all of these upset people with the same problem.

I saw your post above RE:

"please send us an email with your name/Edmunds username, address and phone, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership. We'll move forward from there!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service "

What email should I use? Please help me?

Thank you so much,

sincerely Janette
  • pixiewings7pixiewings7 Member Posts: 4
    Hello, In you post you said "email sent". Could you please tell me what email address you used?
    Thank you so much :)
    Hello Janette,

You can email us at socialmedia@gm.com

We look forward to hearing from you!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Hard to believe the 09 is having water issues after being reported in 05.
  • waelgwaelg Member Posts: 3
    anyone got a resolution for the water leak issue? yesterday's rain was the trigger.. now the whole back seat is wet...unlike some of the posts up ..my dealership has been nothing but horrible...it took them two years to fix my tire sensor.. i am dreading the idea of having to go back to the same dealership..
  • jedagrjedagr Member Posts: 2
    I'm with you, I could not stomach having to go to the dealership. I took mine to a body shop I've used several times in the past. They charged me about $160 to clean (or replace) and reattach all 4 drain hoses around the sunroof and were done in about 2 hours. With so many of us on here with the same problem, you would think at some point there would be a recall or something but when the body shop gave me the estimate I decided I would rather pay that than go through the hassle of a dealership! Good luck.
    it is worse than going to the dentist...but have to give them a chance, you never know, but still curious to know if anyone got an actual resolution or just a run around.
    Good morning waelg,

I'm sorry to read about the unsatisfactory experience you've had with your dealership. If we can be of any assistance (checking into recall/warranty information on your vehicle, documenting a complaint about a dealership, assisting in working with your current dealer or helping you find a new one), please let us know!

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Hi Sarah,

i sent the information requested before in this thread to socialmedia@gm.com.

Not sure if that would be the correct email to use.

Thanks
    That's correct, waelg.

My coworker Christina responds to incoming emails from the forum, and should be back with you within a business day or so. If you don't hear anything back, please let me know and I will follow up with her to make sure it came through.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • rockstr24rockstr24 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I am having the same issue with my car. The sunroof leaks and the seat belts are getting wet. I bought the car in 2009 the issue started about 6 months ago. Would I be convreed under some type of warrenty? :(:(
  • rockstr24rockstr24 Member Posts: 2
    Hello everyone,

I can see everyone is having the same issue. I have taken my car in to a shop and they wanted to replace my entire sunroof an motor. I feel this is to the extreme!!! I own a g6 gtp coupe and when it rains both sides of the car leak in the inside and the seat belts get wet. I bought the car in 2009 and this is now an issue. Is this somethign I can fix at home? Can anyone help?

Lisa :(
    Hey rockstr24,

If you wanted to email us the last 8 of your VIN to socialmedia@gm.com, we can check to see what warranties/recalls are in effect on your vehicle. Please include that you're looking for warranty/recall information in the email as sometimes it's difficult to match incoming emails to posts on the forum.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service