Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon Cabin Air Filter

schu300schu300 Member Posts: 3
edited August 2014 in GMC
Do 2007 models have an interior cabin filter?

Ive noticed most new cars have this item, but havent heard my dealership say "hey its time to change the interior cabin filter"

Comments

• obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Not sure if they continued it with the GMT 900 series, but the cabin air filters were discontinued in 2003.
  • kts0347kts0347 Member Posts: 44
    I have a 2003 GMC Yukon Denali.
    I would like to know if my vehicle has a Cabin Filter.
    There is no mention in my owners manual, I can't find an access hatch on my car, and the dealer parts guy can't find a reference to a replacement part. But PartsGeek.com is offering a replacement cabin air filter for my model vehicle. Before ordering, I would like some to know whether my vehicle has a cabin filter and if so, how is it accessed?
    Thanks.
    Keith
  • spent2muchspent2much Member Posts: 4
    On my 2003 Yukon XL (made in USA), there is no cabin filter. After taking off the foot/sound dampener under the glove box, there is no "door". Apparently, on 2003 and newer Yukon models, you will simply see HVAC molding in that area, molded to a similar shape, but no door. Replacement of cabin filter is mentioned in tables in various places, but is not in the table of contents in the owner's manual. I will need to take my cabin filter back to O'Reilly's, after 2 hours, finding out that there is no filter.
  • jimmayor007jimmayor007 Member Posts: 1
    You don't want the dealer changing it. they charge over $100. it's a $20 item DIY.

http://odors-change-mood-while-driving.blogspot.com/
  • kts0347kts0347 Member Posts: 44
    I can definitely state there is no cabin filter on my 2003 Denali.
    1) I asked the dealership and they advised there is no cabin filter. GM does not sell a service part for this model year.
    2) I researched where the cabin filter is supposed to be on the black plastic HVAC enclosure under the dash above the passenger's feet. Prior years had a door opening that a filter slid into. On my vehicle, that opening does not exist. The space where the opening was on prior model years has been closed out and is now just part of the enclosure mold. There are faint lines where the opening used to be, but this is definitely not a knockout plug. It's a design change. I am uncertain whether it was start of production 03 or midyear. My vehicle was purchased late in the model year.
    3) There are websites and auto parts stores selling cabin filters for 03 Yukon. Check under the dash to see whether your vehicle has a slot to put a filter before you buy one.
  • wareagle85wareagle85 Member Posts: 1
    I have finally found somebody in the same boat that I am (or was in)!
    I have a 2003 Yukon XL I bought new (a very early one, Aug-02 manufactured) and have been searching for the elusive Cabin Air Filter that my ACTUAL OWNERS MANUAL list a part number for (GM P/N 52485513, page 5-109 of book X2316, first edition, copyright 6/24/02, it says).
    This reference is what made me start looking again --and this time much more seriously-- as I had heard that some vehicles in this era had the filters that of course should be periodically replaced.
    However, like kts0347 in this thread, I can now attest that even my very early 2003 model does NOT have the filter either, despite several references on the internet to them still being on 2003's, and even the P/N in my original 2003 Yukon/XL book!

So it's dirty, unfiltered air for me, too! I kinda wish they would have burned off the 2002 filter boxes that were probably left over, and put one in mine. Seems like such a good idea..........
This discussion has been closed.