Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Odyssey Day Time Running Light (DRL)

bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
edited May 2014 in Honda
I prefer the DRL which is known to lessen accident. It is mandatory in Canada, however the US ODY didn't have it as standard OEM.

I heard from another forum that it is just a matter of put in a fuse to activate the DRL. Is that true? How much trouble I will go through if I have my 07 ODY DRL installed?

Comments

• lance42lance42 Member Posts: 6
    I have the same question. I would like to import an American Odyssey into Canada, but I need DRLights to work. The same fix for the Sienna is completed with the installation of a fuse in the slot labeled (conveniently) DRL. Does anyone know the answer??
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Lance42 - seems here nobody wants to diclose how, may be give Canadian Tires a call re how much and how to get the Odyssey DRL on. They probably have the info.
  • ejtbellejtbell Member Posts: 1
    I just turn on the headlights and that's it. The running lights are on all the time and they turn themselves off soon after you shut off the car and walk away.
    I know Toyota has the DRL just as 50% of regular low beam strength/brightness. There should be a kit or something to do that.
    Thanks for the help. I stopped by a local dealer and checked the owners manual. What did I find in one of the three fuse boxes but a 10 amp spot titled DRL. It seems as that Honda -like Toyota- build the same cars for both the American and Canadian markets. To do so they must have DRL as a standard feature in Canada, so those sold in the 'states' have no fuse installed in the #10 slot. Solution is to install one 10 Amp fuse in the #10 slot-problem solved and driving is now safer.
    Lance,

I sure will check my car's fuse box later today. Thanks for posting.
    Lance - I checked my 07 manual that under the driver side fusebox, No.3 slot is for Canadian Daytime Light and for the suitable 10 Amp fuse. However nothing happens after I plugged in the 10 Amp mini fuse. I think there will be something else to add on besides the fuse plug-in.
  • carfun888carfun888 Member Posts: 25
    I believe the DRL requires a different headlight installed. There is a separate bulb that runs as the DRL (it does not use your main low beam). It could also be as simple as a missing bulb on the US models.
    I sure will check on missing bulb and whether lone electrical connector ...
  • pooh875pooh875 Member Posts: 9
    I GOT MY DRL KIT OFF EBAY FOR 40 BUCKS AND IT RUNS THE HIGH BEAMS AT 50% REDUCTION DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS Ford Chevy Dodge Imports drl Item number: 360050335536

You are signed in
    Watch this item in My eBay

This item has been added to My eBay for Guests.
    As a guest, you can:
    Track up to 10 items on this computer in My eBay
    Receive an email reminder for this item a few hours before it ends

View larger picture

Buy It Now price: US $39.99 Buy It Now

Shipping costs:
    US $9.80 (discount available)
    US Postal Service Parcel Post®
    Service to United States
    (more services)
    Ships to: Worldwide
    Item location: Owen Sound, ON, Canada, United States
    You can also:
    Watch This Item

Bid with Bid Assistant
    Get SMS or IM alerts | Email to a friend
    Listing and payment details: HideShow

Payment methods:
    PayPal,
    Personal check,
    Money order/Cashiers check
    See details

Meet the seller
    Seller: bobp9500( 476Feedback score is 100 to 499)
    Member: since Nov-22-05 in Canada
    See detailed feedback
    Ask seller a question
    Add to Favorite Sellers
    View seller's other items: Store | List
    Visit seller's Store:
    Member has an eBay StoreMISTER BLUE JEANS

Contact the seller instantly

Buy safely
    1. Check the seller's reputation
    Score: 476 | 99.6% Positive
    See detailed feedback
    2. Check how you're protected

Up to $2,000 in buyer protection. See eligibility
    Description

DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS Ford Chevy Dodge Imports DRL

For your consideration a New DRL Kit

Turns your running lights on when you start your car.

Allows lights to run at 50% intensity during the daytime.

Turns lights off when you shut your car off.

Mandatory for your safety and sometimes demanded by law!

Kit has easy to hook up wiring diagram. No extra parts or wires needed.

Install on your Classic car, Street Rod or Late model car or truck not equipped with this feature.

Fits all vehicles with 12 Volt negative ground. Not suitable for vehicles with vacuum or mechanically operated headlight covers.

This is a New Kit manufactured by Dominion Automotive, in the U.S.A

Check out my other items!

Be sure to add me to your favorites list!

I am happy to answer any questions.

Click here to see my other items, ranked by popularity!
  • nikethemnikethem Member Posts: 1
    I was just wondering if the fuse and the missing bulb fixed the day time running light issue on the 2007 Odyssey.
    Nope.
    Alas, the fuse addition did not do the trick. I had to have a friend install a relay and some minor wiring to get the DR Lights.
    I have an intermitant vibration that occurs at any speed then the load is taken off the motor. The viberation can be overcome by speeding up. I know that the motor mounts are some kind of fluid filled. My question is to you the knowledgeable readers is: Does it sound as I have a blown motor mount?
  • pooh875pooh875 Member Posts: 9
    I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ON MY 2007 EX-L I HAD IT FOR NINE MONTHS AND THEY HAD TO REPLACE THE TRANSMISSION AND ENGINE VALVES AND THE VAN BEEN IN FIVE TIMES FOR ENGINE PINGS THEY CAN'T FIX IT SO MY LAWYER IS HANDLING MY LEMON LAW CASE
    one option is use LED DRL
    http://www.superbrightleds.com/festoon.html
    that draw little current and are not bright enough to be driving at night. You don't need any conversion kit to make them to 50% output. The only solution is put the pair at fog light housing, with some kind of wire hookup, instant on / off co-ordinate wirh ignition.
  • makatichmakatich Member Posts: 1
    I would love to Have DRL added on my wife's 2007 Odyssey. Any information about the modification that you could provide would be helpful. It looks like you needed a relay and a fuse, anything else?
    I had to have a friend that is in the business of wiring cars and RVs to Canadian standards do it for me. He opened the top of the steering column and soldered a few wires together using a jumper. Sorry that is the best that I can do. The net result is that I now have my low beams on all the time.
  • arekay1arekay1 Member Posts: 5
    I have an 05 US odyssey which was imported into Canada. No modifications where required to pass the DRL requirement - however there is a difference between US and CDN Odysseys. The lighting controls on the turn signal stick have 3 positions on my US odyssey - my buddies CDN 05 Odyssey has 4 postions - an extra called Auto which provides the DRL as we know them. If you leave the lights turned ON on the US model you achieve virtually the same thing, except that it is the full lighting package that illuminates.
  • 07oddyssey07oddyssey Member Posts: 1
    i have 07 honda oddy. can someone help me for DRL
    If you live near Canada border you can eaily get a DRL installed from Canadian Tires. They are experts as some cars imported from USA side need this feature in order to pass the inspection.
This discussion has been closed.