Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti EX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
Tell us about shopping for your new EX!!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• couchman57couchman57 Member Posts: 13
    Looking at the new EX35 with just the Journey and Navigation Package which includes the Premium Package - the MSRP window sticker is $40,465. (This does not include the Technology Package with lane departure warning or adaptive cruise control.)

I have 2 questions surrounding the residual value as I have not been able to find a residual value on edmunds.com or cars.com likely due to the fact that the car is new to the market.

Question # 1) Can you provide an update on this %?

Also, here are the facts of deal that I am considering:

> Negotiated Sticker: $38,400
    > 36 Month Lease
    > Money Factor: .00117
    > Miles: 15k per year
    > Money Down: $0
    > Dealer states 52% Residual
    > First Month and Tag/ Title will be due at signing

Question # 2) Does the residual value apply to the MSRP window sticker OR the final negotiated price of the car? What is the industry standard?

The facts above could prove to be a better value if the residual is based on the widow sticker.

Any help or additional advice you or anyone can provide is appreciated.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    3 years, 15k per year ... 52% isn't horrible ... but not good this early in the year.

Money factor is quite good.

residual is always calculated off MSRP.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• briguynycbriguynyc Member Posts: 2
    We just bought our beautiful new EX35. Black obsidian with graphite interior. Loaded with Premium, Nav, Wood trim, splash guards and cargo protector. Paid 39,200. I was a very straightforward negotiation. They through in the all weather mats. No roof rails or tech package. We are very happy with the car so far. The technology integration and driving experience are really top notch and for us blew away the BMW X3 and the RDX.
  • puppyheadpuppyhead Member Posts: 3
    are you using premium or regular gas?
  • briguynycbriguynyc Member Posts: 2
    The EX35 like most vehicles in this class require premium gas.
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    The EX35 like most vehicles in this class require premium gas.

I suspect that the EX, like my M35, Recommends Premium (91 Octane min) and does not Require it. Recommends means that the engine's published performance specs (e.g. HP) are at the minimum stated octane; however a lower octane can be used with dimineished performance w/o voiding the warranty. Requires means that using a lower that Required octane rating routinely will void the warranty.
  • ts1234ts1234 Member Posts: 21
    Stopped by the Infiniti dealer in the Detroit area.
    Dosn't look like they are moving off the lot to quick.
    Counted 12 sitting in the lot waiting for a new owner.
  • zkaudiozkaudio Member Posts: 60
    anyone wanna list their prices paid? especially lease prices
  • elizarievelizariev Member Posts: 8
    Hi Kyfdx,

What is the money factor and residual for February for a 36 month, 12,000 mi/yr lease? Are there any other incentives or promotions? How much should I expect to pay over the invoice in St. Louis, MO metropolitan area?

Thanks!
  • mcw08mcw08 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I am planning to purchase an EX35. I just got a quote from Costco auto program. The dealer quote is the following:

Is this a good price? Does anyone able to get lower than Invoice?

EX35 AWD
    -Premium Package
    -Nav sys
    -Tech Package
    -Lux Package
    -splash guard
    -cargo protector

MSRP: 44775
    Invoice: 40973
    Costco Price: 41473 (500 above Invoice)

Thank you for any advice.
    MC
  • rontekrontek Member Posts: 10
    I am surprised you got below MSRP. The info I have been getting from the dealers in the MA area is that because it is a limited production vehicle in the first year, they are sticking pretty much to MSRP. May throw in accessories, but thats it. It is the only vehicle Infiniti is not offering its 1.9 and 2.9 financing rates on. I would say the price you received is very good.
  • mcw08mcw08 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you. Actually, I think Costco Auto Program is great. No hassle at all. Just fill out a simple form, then they would search a dealer near your area. Within an hour, someone called me and made sure what I needed. 15mins later, they offered a quote and asked me to come down to the dealer. I am still waiting to see if they have any other special interest offer during Summer time. I doubt Infiniti will have any for EX, but I keep my finger cross.
    I actually spoke a litle too soon. When I actually started "Negotiations" with dealers in my area I was able to get a better deal than before. Right now I am down to 5% over invoice, which is still not as good as the deal you received, but a lot better than MSRP.
  • builderbobbuilderbob Member Posts: 11
    Just brought home an AWD EX35 Journey that the dealer had on the lot for about a month and a half. Paid invoice for it.

Will post some mileage numbers on the other thread eventually.
  • epinedaepineda Member Posts: 4
    We just took purchase of an EX35. We got 5% off the MSRP price for a fully loaded one (without the Custom Leather).
  • hazozitahazozita Member Posts: 6
    Just took delivery of my EX. Got it pretty well loaded — AWD Journey, premium, nav, tech, lux style, roof rails, crossbars, mud flaps and the cargo protector. Sticker was $45,675, paid $41,352 plus taxes/tags. Platinum graphite with stone interior. Dealer also included free service for two years, free oil changes for life of the car, plus a free annual exterior/interior detailing.

So much fun to drive!!
  • diggydoc1diggydoc1 Member Posts: 22
    Wow, that's like $200 over invoice? THEN two years of free service AND free oil changes for the duration of ownership? That's an insane deal. Mazel tov. :surprise:
  • hazozitahazozita Member Posts: 6
    Thanks – I was pretty pleased with the deal. They don’t seem to be moving all that well – the dealer had 36 on the lot.

My only small disappointment was that I couldn’t get it with the graphite interior. They had several in graphite, but none had the tech package, which was a must-have for me. I could have done a factory order, or have them get one from another dealer, but at a higher price. After thinking it over, it seemed that keeping some extra cash in my pocket made the stone interior look pretty good after all. :)
    What State are you in? Or the state you purchased the vehicle?
    Ohio
  • diggydoc1diggydoc1 Member Posts: 22
    I'm in Ohio as well. Mind mentioning your dealership?
    Mine is in MA . Kelly Infiniti
    The one in the King's Auto Mall.
  • vwvw1vwvw1 Member Posts: 18
    I'll post more information but just put a deposit on a new EX.

Journey AWD
    Premium
    Navigation
    Luxe Style
    Roof Rails
    Wood
    Forget a couple more things. Maybe cargo net and mud flaps not 100% sure.

MSRP $44,725
    Paid close if not invoice
    24/15k miles lease for $480 month
    $1500 total out of pocket (includes Acg fee, 1st month and doc fees)

Dealers ARE willing to deal. There's plenty of the Ex's sitting on there lots. They want to move them.
  • vwvw1vwvw1 Member Posts: 18
    Made a mistake on the MSRP

It was $43,725

Not $44,725
  • waltazwaltaz Member Posts: 163
    Any info on March deals on the EX35's?
    Just looked, and unless I'm misinterpreting it, it looks like Infiniti is providing the following for March on the EX35:
    - $2000 Manufacturer to Dealer cash
    - Special lease terms in terms of money factors (I don't know what they are)

So we should be able to get the vehicle for up to $2000 below invoice PLUS some good lease terms.

Right...?
  • parcarparcar Member Posts: 2
    We bought an EX35 in Atlanta GA and got a good deal. We went through the Employee Purchase program EPP/VPP because i work for a large bank which is in the program. Make sure you check out that program it is great and lots of companies are on the list. With the program, we got the car for $315 over invoice and we bought it on the last day of February and they had a special promo that day and we received $2000 off if we used their financing. We got a rate of 4.65% for 60 months so I was pretty happy. Through the bank we could get 4.1% but with the $2000 we saved almost 6,000 on this car (1,700 below invoice)

EX35 RWD - Tidewater w/ Wheat
    Premium Pkg
    Tech Pkg
    Lux Style
    Wood Trim

There are deals so people should not accept the too new story. Also wait till the end of the month...Nissan and Infiniti are famous for running specials on the last day of the month. Also not all dealerships knew about this special ...when I shopped around that day after my dealership told me I called a few others and they had to ask around to find out about it. I don't think they are selling that well either yet. One dealer told me they sold their first one this month. But sales are supposedly picking up.

I love the car. It is perfect and has so many gadgets. Good luck.
  • parcarparcar Member Posts: 2
    I jsut posted my message about the $2000 off if you use Infiniti financing. We got it on the last day of Feb but it looks like it is going through March. The purchase rates were good see my message above 4.65%..
    Location isn't everything. Timing is. If you bought a few days before the $2000 incentive was announced (like I did), you are S.O.L.

Already talked to the dealer and Corporate Customer Care and the answer is Sorry, Charlie!

The technologically advanced and beautifully styled EX35 sitting in my driveway has changed from a source of pride to an irritant, and I'm afraid that P.O.'d feeling will stay with that vehicle for a long, long time.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    It happens to everybody, eventually...

I know it is an unpleasant feeling, but take a deep breath.... and let it go...

Don't let the deal affect the way you feel about the car.. It's your car.. Enjoy it!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jjthecatjjthecat Member Posts: 11
    Hi, I wanted to run this by EX35 owners. I was looking into getting rid of my BMW for one and the dealer gave me a quote and it seemed pretty high. 24 month/12,000 miles $640-650 plus $1500 start ups or 36 month/12,000 $575-585 plus $1500 start ups. It's the AWD Journey with premium package. I am deciding between this and the LR2 any thoughts? I was leaning towards the LR2 because they are running better deals. Thanks for all the help.
    Here they are for the Journey's...how good are they? What jumps out as the best combo for a deal, in terms of months and model?

2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey 2WD – 3/7/08
    24 Month – Residual 63% of MSRP – .00025 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 52% of MSRP – .00064 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 43% of MSRP – .00156 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 32% of MSRP – .00214 Base Rate

2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD – 3/7/08
    24 Month – Residual 64% of MSRP – .00049 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 54% of MSRP – .00101 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 44% of MSRP – .00171 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 33% of MSRP – .00213 Base Rate
    well, 2wd seems to be the MF winner, and the residual is only a point or 2 less than the AWD model. Tought call between 2yr and 3yr, though. I'd have to run the numbers through a calculator, but the MF on the 3yr is 2.5 times that of the 2yr, so that's not so hot, but the residual drops an average of 18.5% a year in the 2yr deal vs 16% a year for the 3yr.

One important detail missing, however. How many miles/yr are those numbers for?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

IFS' base numbers are for 15K miles per year.
    thanks.

And thanks for posting all of those numbers, by the way.

• healeysandjagshealeysandjags Member Posts: 9
    I took delivery of my well equiped (no tech pkg) EX Journey on Feb 29th. MSRP sticker was $42,950. I paid cash and got the car for $39,000 + fees.

As an added bonus, the dealer called me the next morning and rewrote the deal to give me another $500 off as a factory incentive came through overnight and they wanted to pass some of it on to me. Pretty decent of them. Niello Infinity - Concord, CA
    Love the car - love it!
    Randy
  • jagoojagoo Member Posts: 23
    Congratulations, but the dealer was not doing you any favors. The incentive was $2000. They only passed $500 to you.
  • jmessjmess Member Posts: 677
    I think long term resales values are also negatively impacted by incentives. A person who paid $2K less for their car is more likely to accept $2K less for it when they sell it. Which impacts the person who paid $2K more.

The 2K might move a few cars but it is still the same car and 2K doesn't make it any bigger in back or improve the MPG. So a price of invoice - 2K range is gong to be doable for the folks that hang tough.
    I'm looking at both the RDX and EX35. The manufacturer's have the following incentives for March:
    - Acura: $1500 off for a lease, and they will go off of INVOICE (don't go a penny more)
    - Infiniti: Super-aggressive money factor on 24-month leases (.00025 vs. .00074 for the RDX); better residuals than Acura (63% for EX vs. 58% for RDX)

Factor all this in and assuming the following:
    - RDX Tech MSRP is $37,410 and cap cost is $33,229 (I have to add $300 for marketing in AZ)
    - EX35 Journey RWD (with Nav, Premium, Luxe Style, Roof Rails, Cargo Protector) MSRP is $41,485 and cap cost is $37,868
    - 18K miles/year, reducing residual amounts by $600 (3000 miles/year x 2 years x .10/mile)
    - No fees rolled in to the cap cost
    - No cap cost reduction

The monthly payments, before tax, work out to be:
    - RDX: $545.66
    - EX35: $529.68

Umm...fricking WOW!! :shades:
    Congratulations, but the dealer was not doing you any favors. The incentive was $2000. They only passed $500 to you.

I beg to differ. The dealer DID do a favor because they didn't have to pass on a single dime.

• jagoojagoo Member Posts: 23
    Yes, to the extent that he did not know about it, they did him a favor. But I would have checked on edmunds before shopping and required that the whole incentive be applied in my favor.
  • jjthecatjjthecat Member Posts: 11
    Quick questions: 1.By incentive, do you mean the $ that the car company is offering to buyers and is this if you only buy the car not lease? 2.Is this the same when a sales guy tells me customer cash? 3.Does the Infiniti stitching come on the seats for every EX35 or is it extra? I couldn't find it on the site, unless I am blind. 4.I know cars can have better offers when they aren't selling and sitting on lots, but do the deals dealer's offer fluctuate monthly or weekly? For example, could I get a price and then a week later it be different? 5. Lastly, if I go to a dealer by my house and then go to one 30 mins away, will the price be the same? Thanks for all the help. jjthecat
    1. Yes, or cash to dealers. Either way, it reduces the dealer's cost on the vehicle, so you can get a lower price. Some incentive are only if you buy, others are only if you lease...depends.
    2. Again, could be a customer cash rebate, or manufacturer to dealer cash, or "marketing support" - it all reduces the cost of the vehicle, and should be able to ask for - and get - it all.
    3. Yes
    4. The incentives fluctuate by month, so a cash incentive may disappear, and your price could go up. Or they could increase the incentive, and your good price one month becomes not so good the next month.
    5. The deals will vary, sometimes greatly, by each dealer.
    But I would have checked on edmunds before shopping and required that the whole incentive be applied in my favor.

You could try, but they don't have to help you out at all. As the buyer stated, he bought the day before the incentive was available. The dealer actually HAD to rewrite the contract to give an extra $500 back but to also change the date of the contract so that they COULD get the incentive. Secondly, it is a factory-to-dealer incentive. They are under no obligation to share any of it with any customer.

At the same time, the dealer was helping themselves to an extra $1500 by doing this. So, yes, if I was the buyer, I probably would have held out for more. At least split it down the middle so it benefits both parties.

• healeysandjagshealeysandjags Member Posts: 9
    I am the perfect example of what not to do when buying a car. I went to the Infinity dealer hoping to snag a G37 Coupe. But the Coupe did not suit me and it was purely by accident that I ended up test driving the EX35, since a vehicle like this was not even on my radar. So I did not do my homework on the car. I didn't have the invoice amount and had no idea if it was a car that the dealers were anxious to move. I did however land on the floor on the last day of the month, which I suppose helped in the negotiation. I was there almost 5 hours, driving cars, working numbers and hanging out. When the sales manager told me that there wasn't any more room to move and there was a total of $700 left on the table for the dealer, I figured I'd done as well as I could. I received a call the next day telling me they were re-writing the deal to credit me another $500 due to the factory incentive. Frankly I don't care if the dealer kept 2/3 of the incentive. He didn't have to do this for me at all.

As an addendum - 4 days later I brought the car back to the dealer with a 10" windshield crack caused by a microscopic but deadly freeway pebble. I couldn't even see the mark made by the rock so I insisted the dealer replace the windshield as defective. After careful re-examination, there was in fact a chip, albeit nearly invisible, that did the deed. This is of course not a warranty item and is an insurance claim under my Comprehensive. It would have been painfully expensive as my deductible is very high. Anyway, the next day the dealership called and told me that the sales department and the service department were going to split the cost of the repair and it wouldn't cost me a dime. Wow! Since that is a $1500 repair I figure I ended up with the lion's share of that incentive after all :>)
    Infinity customer service rocks!
    Coop
    Good for you!
    And I think you should be very very happy with this dealership and refer all your friends to that salesperson. I think they have stepped up for you.

• exocet2exocet2 Member Posts: 2
    Anybody know if the $2000 marketing support is exclusively for purchases and not for leases?
    Purchases only; they have some excellent money factors and residuals on leases in March, particularly a .00025 MF for a 24-month lease for an EX35 Journey RWD. That is about .6%. But you don't get the $2K off.
  • intellerinteller Member Posts: 14
    is there a particular reason most people (on this forum anyways) seem to be leasing these? I was going to go put down cash for one, but if there is a particular reason not to I'd like to know.

One dealer quoted me 3% over invoice but that is crap. If I'm plunking down cash at the dealership I expect very little, if anything, over invoice.