Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti EX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pmp0000pmp0000 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Just purchased new infiniti ex35. Wanted to know weather the infiniti referral program still works or not?
  • biancarbiancar Member Posts: 965
    Congrats on the purchase. That is one sweet car! What color and options did you get?

If I ever trade in my Z, the EX and FX will be top of the list as contenders to replace it.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    What kind of deal did you get and where? As far as I know the referral program got over in something like November.
    Hi,

Thanks!

I am in FL. OTD price for EX35 RWD 2010 with NAV/AVC/Splash guard/first aid was 35350 including everything. Platinum graphite/ graphite
    You were lucky to find a RWD version. Are they more common on the lots in Florida? I was looking here in Virginia and they were all AWD. Dealer said that is all he sells here.

Sounds nice. How are you enjoying it?
    Hi,

Make sense. Sunny Florida, no snow, better fuel economy. So maybe there is more demand for RWD down here. If you search Fl dealers you will find a lot of RWD.
  • schnellesautoschnellesauto Member Posts: 59
    AAA pricing! Great Deal! Expired March 31st. Took nearly $6k off the MSRP of the EX35 AWD Base. $36k MSRP, got for $30k out the door, before taxes & document fees. This deal expired March 31st.
  • flashzoomflashzoom Member Posts: 64
    edited April 2010
    Actual the Deal got better on April 1.
    starting on April 1 to May 3, 2010. you get $3200 cash incentives, instead of the $3000 incentives for the 1/1 to 3/31/2010.
    so right now you can save at least $200 more than what you can save before 3/31/2010.

just FYI, you could've save more than 6000. the deal you got is just normal pricing.
    I got my 2010 EX35 Journey, with Navi/Bose/AVM + cargo protector. MSRP $39,080, I got it for $32,300 + Tax and fees. That a saving of $6780. That was back in Jan, 2010.
    But I know they can still do Better!! at least another $300 to 500 better. I just got tired of waiting and going back and forth.
  • apdspiderapdspider Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2010
    My father is looking to lease a new 2010 EX35 AWD Journey, Premium, Navi, 18".

Give or take a few hundred dollars, what do you guy's feel the negotiated MSRP of $42805 be discounted to?

I know the residual values, and money factor... thus we can figure out payments, but we need to agree on price. He's in NJ and Edmunds.com TMV figures show $40176 as what others have paid. Thats about $900 above invoice. I still feel this is high.

Please let me know
  • schnellesautoschnellesauto Member Posts: 59
    edited April 2010
    I got a further discount by paying cash, so my discount was nearly $7,500 off MSRP.. Further discounts when you pay CASH! Being in the right place at the right time. My dealer only had (1) Base AWD EX35 that they couldn't get rid of. It was the Black on Black. Most people buy/want the Journey from what the dealer told me.

After looking up the info...I Paid $30,055 out the door, not including sales tax and title,document fees. MSRP was actually $37,599, not the $36k, because of my remote start, tinted windows and cargo protector, wheel locks, mud flaps.
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    No change here.

$3000 OR Special Rates (0% for 36, 1.9% for 60, 3.9% for 72)

If you lease there is a $500 Lease Loyalty Rebate if you have an Infiniti now. :)
  • graceqqgraceqq Member Posts: 2
    Do you think it can be a good deal to get a EX35 AWD Journey, Navi, MSRP 40991 at OTD $36953.00 after cash back? We unfortunately only have one dealer in our state, but that doesn't mean they can offer much higher. I pretty nicely reply him that I'm not in a hurry to buy the car, I can wait until the price can reach 35k. Then he just sent me several used car to me. I wasn't angry at that time and again said I can wait, and the price is not ridiculous based all the other people got who might be located in different state. Then he replied:
    "Hi. We do not have any where near that kind of profit where we have to take a loss on the car to sell it. If you want to, I guess, you could fly to wherever that state was and buy a car there, and drive it back. I hope it works for you! Besides, we only have 4 in stock, and are not motivated to give it away. Thanks! "
    What kind of mean dealer it is? Even if they do not want to earn my business, you should not reply like this! Hope that no one want to deal with this dealership anymore. BTW, they locate in Beaverton OR.
    According to truecar.com, an AWD Journey with NAV has a "good" price of $37,845. Anything below $36,856 is a "great" price. That includes an $865 destination fee.

So $36,953, all in, (is that including taxes?) looks pretty damn decent.

If the car you're looking at is the color you like with the options you want, you're not likely to do much better anytime soon.
  • graceqqgraceqq Member Posts: 2
    There's no tax in OR. And the price they gave is after $2000 cash back. They offered $39,953, so no low apr any more.
  • jmessjmess Member Posts: 677
    Keep the dialog going offering to buy an EX when the price is right. I got told the same thing until they hit the end of a slow month and got motivated to sell some cars. They called me up and asked me to come in; magically my 45 day old offer of invoice - incentives was now acceptable.

You can also look up in Seattle.
    Dealers in Chicago are advertising $5k off any EX in stock with no negotiating. Many people on the G37 thread are getting $4-5k off MSRP on the G and Infiniti has a bigger markup in the EX. So press for at least a minimum of $5k off MSRP on the EX before TTL
  • cheenacheena Member Posts: 2
    glad i found this forum! ive been looking at an ex35 awd journey with alot of the bells and whistles. price is around 40300. dealership is telling me the best they can do is 37680. seems like people are getting them for alot less on here. any thoughts? of course there is only one infinity dealer any where close to me. thanks
    There is $3000 marketing support from Infiniti to the dealer on the EX so in effect they are asking you to pay a few hundred over MSRP which is ridiculous. If you're not looking for Infiniti financing or dealing a trade in you should be getting that car for a few hundred over invoice minus the $3000 which would be closer to $35k.
  • cheenacheena Member Posts: 2
    thanks for the info m6user. i do have a trade - an '04 lexus rx330 that they will give me 15000 on. what do you think about that? i'm a girl so i'm afraid they are trying to pull one over on me. when i talk to them should i say i know infiniti is offering the 3000? i'd like to not be taken on this because it will likely be the last new car i buy. thanks for your help!
    I would have no idea if that $15k is a good price or not as there are so many variables involved. If it's clean take it to a Lexus dealer and see what they would give you for it or to a Carmax. They both will obviously lowball you so if it's 15k you know that the Infiniti offer is low. If you don't want to do that, edmunds.com and kbb.com both have used car evaluators that you can enter in the details about your car and they will give you the approximate trade-in value.

If your rx330 ends up being worth around 15k you're difference on the EX should be around 20k plus TTL. Good luck.
  • belalbelal Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2010
    Just purchased a 2010 EX35 RWD Journey w/Bose Around View Monitor. MSRP was $39,185.00. We received the $3000.00 incentive off of the supposed invoice price of $36,123.00. I was able to get another $723.00 off, bringing the price to $32,400.00 (+ tax, tag & title, OTD $35334.83). I consider this to be a pretty decent deal based on what I have researched! This was after negotiating with three different dealerships over a 4 day period and originally receiving a quote of $33,623.00.
    edited May 2010
    Great deal however it would be nice to know what dealer and city you bought from and was there a trade involved. Sometimes if they lowball on the trade they can take more off on the new one.
    edited May 2010
    No trade. I bought it through Lauderdale Infiniti, Great People by the way!
    actually, if u just got the deal in may, the current incentive is $3600.
    $32,400 is only a fair deal. you can take at least another $500 to $1000 off that.
    but you need to take it slower with the dealers, to wear them out.
    I go the exact same car back in Jan 2010, for $32,300+TTL. It was only offering $3000 incentives at the time.

This is in So Cal area.

good luck to you all
    edited May 2010
    Where did the extra $600.00 come from and when was that incentive added? The only incentives I can find were the $3000.00 and $500.00 incentives? The $500.00 incentive pertains to leases, leaving just the $3000.00 incentive for purchases?
    you can take at least another $500 to $1000 off that

That depends on a lot of things. Time of year(you bought in the winter doldrums, not in CA but in the rest of the world), dealer inventory, how hungry the dealer was, buyer's willingness to grind down(how much is your time worth), # of Infiniti dealers to compete against, area of the country in general. If you had gotten more off from the same dealer in the same time frame then one could say it was just a fair deal. Otherwise, he got a great deal and you got an even better one but based on different set of circumstances.
    I am not sure when the $600 started. or came from.
    basically i just did a price quote online yestarday on the ex35. and it showed that there were $3600 factory incentives. no idea when it started or when it will end.
    but I do know it does change from time to time since Jan 2010. I've see it as low as $2800, and as much as $3600(now). again this is priced in So Cal area.
    not sure if it applies to anywhere else.
    yes, you are right!
    there are a lot of variables when comes to making a deal.
    yes, it was a decent deal. I was just encourging, to let him know it might still be possible to push a little more out of it. Since the current promo might be a little different. Just my 2 cents.

Trust me, my deal wasn't the best either. it was good, but I think I could've get another $300 to $400 out of it. But I got tired of pushing, so I settled for that price.
    it was good enough, but not the best. haha
    I think anytime you can get 7K off of MSRP on an Infiniti and it isn't even model year end yet is really a great deal.
    Are you getting this info strictly from dealers or are you getting from some source on line? Most sources online indicate just $3000 dealer money on a purchase. Dealers may play around with that number as they please such as add to it or subtract from it. It is not a rebate but marketing money furnished to the dealer. In reality, they don't have to give us any of it but in "real reality" they do to be competitive.
    I got the # online.
    its a 3rd party price quote, fairly accurate.
    whatever dealer tells you are not 100% accurate.
    they might tell u something lower, higher or whatever. Need to varify it online to make sure.
    Belal, congrats on the new car. Is it easy to find a RWD model in Florida? I was car-shopping in late March, early April, and drove the EX 35. LOVED it!
    The only type available here in Virginia was AWD, though.

Eventually I decided it wasn't roomy enough for what I needed and we bought a Volvo V70 wagon instead. I also have a Nissan 350Z convertible; if I ever trade that in for a non-convertible, the EX is top of the list for what I'd consider.

How do you like your new car so far?
    edited June 2010
    biancar, thanks for the congrats! Yes, I believe it is easier to find RWD models in Florida. Since I purchased my vehicle during the holiday weekend, along with the fact that my vehicle had to be brought in from another dealership out of my area (due to color choice), I did not pick it up until this evening. I will have to report back on the enjoyment factor at a later date.
    What color did you get?
    Dark Currant Metallic w/ Chestnut interior.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    I live in MA and am currently on the hunt for an AWD Journey with Navi and Premium packages, 18" alloys (I don't want the tech package, I'd rather have the 18" wheels) and it is next to impopssible to find any with the Premium package. There are plenty of them without (plus many without the roof rack which I don't like at all) Why such a limited flavor?

I'm also on the hunt for a Scarlet Silver/Chestnut color combo which is also rare. :(
  • razor34razor34 Member Posts: 6
    hello,

sorry if my question sounded stupid.

does the infiniti ex35 AWD journey already comes with the technology packasge specifically the lane departure warning and forward collision warning?

coz i noticed that most of the people here build their ex35 journey with Bose and Around View Monitor Package but does not include the technology package.

thanks
    The current incentive on an 2010 EX is:

$3000 dealer cash OR special rates (0% for 36, 1.9% up to 66, or 3.9% for 72)

OR you can lease it, get great rates and residuals and a $500 Loyalty Rebate IF you have an Infiniti now (this is not compatible with a purchase).

Hope this helps. :)
  • ts1234ts1234 Member Posts: 21
    Are their any current dealer cash support or incentives that started July 1st for Infiniti ex 35?
    Same as June.
  • stanwelksstanwelks Member Posts: 35
    How does the $3,000 dealer cash incentive work? Is this a rebate given to the buyer or is this a rebate given to the dealer?

So does this mean if I negotiate a price of X, the dealer would give it to me for X-the $3,000?

Thanks.
  • thendersthenders Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    What are the money factors and residuals for July 2010 for a 2WD Journey 36 and 39 month lease with either 12K or 15K miles a year?
    Dealer cash is just that....money from the manufacturer to the dealer to help in selling the vehicle. The dealer has complete control over it and can give you the entire amount or just a portion of it or even nothing at all. That would be kind of stupid but possible.

Most dealers from what I've been able to gather give most of this money in the deal. If you let the dealer know that you know about it you are likely to get most of it if you're in a competitive marketplace. If you're in an area where the only other Infiniti dealer is 100+ miles away you probably would get less of this money.

But to make it clear, it is not a rebate or discount to the customer but help to the dealer and they don't have to let go of any of it.
  • thendersthenders Member Posts: 2
    MSRP: $39,565
    Sales Price: $35,913
    Residual: 52%
    Money Factor: .00105
    12K miles/yr, 39 month lease
    2010 EX RWD Journey, Bose AVM, Navi,,and 18" Wheels.
    total $43.75 due at signing, with first payment,fees rolled into the payment
    Payment: $534 (taxes included)
  • nperrrynperrry Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2010 ex35 Journey rwd on 5-2-2010 in Los Angeles CA. Was there a rebate of some sort available to me at that time I was unaware of? It would be par for this as its been the worst buying experience I've ever had. Please let me know.
  • mixwellmixwell Member Posts: 14
    so, test drove today and was actually very impressed. Fast, smooth, quiet, elegant inside. I'll take it! but first, let me know what you think . . .

EX35 journey AWD
    w/ all the techno goodies
    39 month lease
    MSRP $40,900
    asking $37,000 (roughly --> I don't remember the exact figure)
    12K miles/yr
    residual at 55%
    money rate 4.4%

payments came to about $490/mos

I have a trade in that we agreed on $12,750 (and still owe $1400 that they are including in total). I will roll all this right into the first set of payments and then prorate the remaining payments.

payments now at $280/mos for 39 mos.

seems pretty fair to me. I think the asking price was about $600 over invoice.

any thoughts
    edited October 2010
    Don't know if these deals are 100% on the up and up but they would be worth checking out if you're in the market. Two local Infiniti dealers are advertising in the Chicago Tribune huge discounts on 2010 EX35s. One dealer is advertising $8000 off MSRP and the other is advertising $7500 off MSRP. A week ago they were advertising $5500 off MSRP.
  • pr1227pr1227 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    Dark Current with chestnut interior; take delivery next week

Options include:
    Bose Around View
    Navi
    Premium
    Cargo protector
    Cargo organizer
    first aid kit
    Roof rails

MSRP: $43,300
    Invoice: $39,922
    Price: $35,500 + $289 documentation charge

Saved below MSRP: $7,800
    Saved below invoice: $4,422

Cash deal. No trade in.

Did the deal over the phone. I bought a 2010 EX on the phone with a cash deal/no trade from the same dealer last year and as very impressed with the price and transaction. I'd be happy to recommend him and give you the contact info if you message me.

I leased my previous G35 from Infiniti of Nashua in 2007. I tried to buy the EX from them last year and got fed a load of BS about how the car I left a deposit on was not available but a more expensive one was. I asked for my deposit back and it took more than three months and multiple calls to the salesman and F&I to get the money back. I really like the service advisors at Infiniti of Nashua and would recommend them in a heartbeat. But I will never buy a car from them again, even though I plan to drive Infinitis for many many years.
  • diegoroxdiegorox Member Posts: 2
    I tried to message you but was unable to..I am considering the EX35 and would like to know a bit more about your dealer experience
  • salsacuteysalsacutey Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2010
    Hi All,
    i'm looking to buy the ex35 and would like to know the current residuals and money factors. i'm looking to lease for 39 months with 15k miles and no money down, just inceptions. Please help me. thanks