Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti EX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kiramakirama Member Posts: 15
    Current dealer incentive is "$6000 dealer cash". From looking at the heavily discounted truecar prices, I knew it had to be alot of $$, but a dealer in Roseville California actually announces it on their website.
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    The FX is $6k

The EX is $4k - either you glanced at it wrong or they posted it wrong.

Now they could be discounting it $6k total (2 from them and using the 4 from Infiniti).
    2wd Journey = 55% (Money factor is strictly dependant on your credit, could range from .00172 to .00480).
  • redhotslkredhotslk Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2010
    just bought a new 2010 EX35, Journey RWD (Liquid Platinum and Black Interior), with $8000 off from MSRP.
    here is the break down:
    MSRP: 36885
    Dealer options: 995
    Total: 37880
    discount: -8000
    trade-in: -19000 (2010 Honda Accord LX-P with 5k miles)
    doc fee: 599
    NC tax: 326
    tag: 116
    OTD price: 11921 + 19000 trade-in = $30921
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Be nice if you told us the dealership. After all, that's what this forum is for to help others get similar deals.
    I bought at Lake Norman Infiniti, Charlotte NC. I think it's a good deal, but it not a best deal. I don't like the way they add the Dealer Package of $995 (windows tint, nitrogen filling, wheel lock, mystar service and loaner car) to MSRP and you don't have a choice. Plus their processing fee ($599) is too high compare with other dealer. I bought from them because they gave me good trade-in for my Honda Accord (500 more than KBB excellent trade-in value). After have the car for 2 days and 400 miles, the rear right window doesn't work (roll down but can't roll up) i went back to dealer and they don't have part in stock so i have to bring back during the Thanksgiving Holidays to get it fixed. Other than that, I had great experience with the staffs. saleman, sale manager, and financial manager... they're great......they waited for me until 10:30pm to complete the deal.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    So.... you have to ride around with the window down until Thanksgiving?? ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Yeah, it looks like you got hit for about $1k more than areas where there are a lot of Infiniti dealers like Chicago, LA, etc. but for Charlotte, NC that is probably a pretty good price. Good luck on your window. Did they give you a loaner to drive if you can't get your window up. Getting cold nowadays even in Charlotte. ;)
    I know i can get better deal with Tyson Corner Infiniti in VA, but Lake Normal Infiniti gave me best deal for my trade-in.
    I forgot to mention, the window roll up fine by use the right rear window switch, but can't roll up by the driver switch. I'm not drive the new car with window down until Thanksgiving.......
    Good to hear on the window....that's no biggee then. Being that you feel you got a really good price for your trade-in you may have gotten just as good a deal as others that got more off MSRP but didn't get as good a price for the trade. It's virtually impossible to offer any opinion on a deal when there is a trade-in because condition and local market can affect the value so much. Even poor, average and good can't really define a trade-in value. A car could have low miles, pristine paint etc. but somebody could have smoked in it or spilled something or one tear or hole in a seat and now it's a whole new ballgame.

I'd be happy be with your deal from the way it sounds. Good luck with your Infiniti. I've had a 2002 QX4 for over 8 years now and it has been virtually trouble free.
  • pedramvpedramv Member Posts: 2
    Finally bought a 2010 EX35 AWD Journey with Premium and Bose (Nav) package. Here are the numbers (Please tell me if I got a good/fair/bad deal):
    MSRP: 42900
    Discount: -$8xxx (forgot the rest)
    6% tax + title fee + bs fee

At the door: $37000! + first three oil change free.
    I got it from Jim Coleman Infiniti in Maryland.
    PLEASE give me your feedback, thanks!
    IMO if you got over $8k off MSRP you did very well. That is about the bottom of the market from what I've seen and read in different forums.
    2010 EX

$1000 & special rates (0% for 36, 1.9% up to 66, or 3.9% up to 72)

or

$4000

2011 EX (not at dealerships yet)

Special Rates (same as above) or $2000
  • joesoljoesol Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2010
    Anyone know the money factor and residual for the 2010 EX AWD ?
  • involatileinvolatile Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone suggest a Chicago area dealer offering good discounts on 2010 EX35s? Given the limited stock available, need to jump in asap.
    I don't know much about Chicago area, but the Tyson Corner Infiniti (in VA) has $8800 off from MSRP. You can check out their website. I think they have several EX35 left. Good luck.
    Infiniti of Lisle and Fields Infiniti in Glencoe and Libertyville have both been advertising $8k of MSRP. You should be able to get at least that. Just be careful on your trade value if that applies to you. I bought from Fields a few years ago and got a great deal and fair value on a trade but can't vouch for them now. Good luck.
    Just bought a white one from Infiniti of Chicago for $8000 under MSRP. Final Price $32,400. Thank you guys for the guidance,
  • needtobuyneedtobuy Member Posts: 3
    Can you please provide price breakdown (options, accessories, etc) on the car? What was the MSRP? I am planning to buy one soon at the same dealer. So any additional details that you can provide will be very helpful. Thanks.
  • needtobuyneedtobuy Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I am planning to buy one soon. Can you please provide details on the dealer and salesperson? Thanks for your help.
    Infiniti of Lisle had an ad in todays Chicago Tribune for $9000 off MSRP. The MSRP they listed was just under $41k. That's less than $32k for a 2010 AWD EX with Nav etc.
  • bkdriverbkdriver Member Posts: 2
    Hi there,

I've got the following lease offer on the table and looking for advice on if this is as good a "deal" as it seems?

2011 EX35 w/Premium Package and aluminum roof rails

MSRP: $41,565
    Negotiated Price: $35,145 (includes "A plan" vehicle purchase program discount via employer)
    Gross Capitalized Cost: $36,768

39 month lease (waiving the final 3 payments of 42mo lease)
    total payment: $438/mo.

Total up-front fees: $1500
    - Documentation Fee: $249 (I will knock this down)
    - Sales Tax: $52
    - 1st month payment: $438
    - Acquisition Fee: $595
    - License Fee: $250 (what is this?)

Thoughts? I know this is already about $1250 below invoice but not sure if there are any other dealer incentives going on. Thanks!
  • vchenvchen Member Posts: 1
    Can you please provide which dealer you went? thanks
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    Negotiated Price: $35,145 (includes "A plan" vehicle purchase program discount via employer)
    Gross Capitalized Cost: $36,768

looks like there is a $1623 difference between your negotiated price and cap cost they used to calculate your monthly payment. Do you know what is this $1623 for? you already pay the Document fee, acquisition cost etc from the upfront fee.. So there should not anything else other than your negotiated price.. And what is the money factor they used to calculate your lease? that is the place that dealer normally mark up to get some additional profit...
    Apologize for the late response.

The MSRP for my 2010 ex35 was approximately $40,400. It's a white AWD journey with Bose/AVM package. The dealer took off $8000 and the final price was $32,400 + $152 documentation fee. This is Berman's infiniti of Chicago, and it was 20 days back. They still had a few more white ones in stock at that time. You might even get a better deal now, but there won't be much to choose from. Almost everyone have the black ones left in stock, and nobody seems to like them.
  • razor34razor34 Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2010
    I just got a price from Infiniti of Palm Beach for a 2011 Ex35 Journey AWD with tech, premium and deluxe touring package. It comes with illuminated kick plate and rear bumper protector as well.

The MSRP is about 47,100.

They told me they will give it to me for $44,500 out the door.

Can you tell me if this is a good price?

Basically, the deal was I am going to trade in my car for $20k and finance the rest of it.

If someone thinks that I am paying too much, please please I would appreciate any help.
    How could anyone on here have any idea if your deal is good or not? Your trade-in could be worth $25k. In that case it would be a terrible deal. If your trade-in is really only worth 15k but they are giving you $20k then it is a great deal. Without exact knowledge of the trade-in actual worth nobody can really offer you any advice.

Another thing is taxes and dealer fees. Without that broken out it would also be impossible.
    thanks m6user. I had my car evaluated by carmax.com and carmax also offerred $20k.

taxes is about 6% since im in florida and the only fee i saw there was freight charges which i think was $750.

hope that helps
    It appears that you are getting about $5k off MSRP. However, my experience with Carmax quotes is that they are on the low end. My daughter had a quote on an Acura TL from Carmax(she had gotten a company car and had to get rid of the Acura). I told her to take it to the Acura dealer and she got $1500 more for it without even buying a new car from them. As you are probably aware, when you walk into a dealer and just want to sell your car you are probably not going to get top dollar for it. So all I'm saying is if you are getting $2k less for your trade than possible then it isn't a real good deal.

Use the used car estimators on Edmunds.com, KBB.com and Cars.com. Be accurate in your description of the car and come up with the average of the three for trade-in value. That should give you a pretty good idea of what you should be getting for your trade. From what I've seen you should be getting about $5k under MSRP with a reasonable trade-in value on this vehicle. They are selling new 2010 models for $8-$9k off MSRP.
    thanks m6user for the reply. i tried edmunds.com's car estimators and it gave me $20k also. i forgot to mention that it's been more than a month since i went to carmax to have estimated and i have added at least 1200 miles on it since i had it estimated.

With that said, you think the price they're giving me is a fair one?
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    edited December 2010
    Use the used car estimators on Edmunds.com, KBB.com and Cars.com. Be accurate in your description of the car and come up with the average of the three for trade-in value

I beg to differ. KBB and Edmunds used car price are worse than useless. They don't take into account of price difference between different part of the country. AWD is popular in NE and command high price there. But it is not very popular in California. Why do you think a single KBB/Edmund price can accurately tell us what the used car price is? The best way to establish used car trade in price is what you ask your daughter do. Take the car to multiple dealers and ask them to make offer for it. This will establish a market for the car and it is the best price you can get from the dealers in your area. Mixing car selling and car buying is never a good idea. The one that will offer the best price for the trade in car is the dealer with the lowest inventory of the used car. The one that offer the best price for the new car is the dealer that has the most inventory of the new car and desperate to sell them. The two has no corelation. It is best to sell the car first to the highest bidder and then buy a new car from the best offer from all the dealers in your area. We did just that for two cars we owned. An 05 CLK55 convertible and an 08 LS460. My wife call multiple dealers (Mercedes dealers for the CLK and Lexus dealers for the LS) and let them bid for the car.. The price difference between the highest and lowest are very wide.. Why limit yourselves to only let one or two dealers bid on your car...
    I've found that doing the average of the three gets you a pretty decent ballpark number. They all ask for zipcodes so I am assuming they adjust for regions but I can't swear by it. What your saying is probably correct and and a good way to do things. However IMO most people, including myself, just don't have the time or the patience to do what you are saying. Time is money and I don't want to go to each car dealers website(which are usually not up to date anyway) and count how many used cars they have for sale. Nor do I want to call many dealers and have them bid on my car. It's just too time consuming. I've traded many cars and doing it way I suggested has worked reasonably and with very little time invested.

I didn't say my way was the best way...just one way and probably the easiest and quickest. Your way is probably more accurate but way more time consuming. People can take their pick. It really depends on the person as to which way is best. There is never just one best way.

I didn't direct my daughter to take the car to multiple dealers...just the brand of car she had...a TL to the an Acura dealer. I would lay money that taken that same car to any other brand dealer would have resulted in a much lower offer and thus a waste of time.
  • bkdriverbkdriver Member Posts: 2
    Ok, just picked up my 2011 EX35!!! Graphite Shadow, AWD w/Premium package and aluminum roof rails.

MSRP $41,565
    Gross Cap: $34,000 (dealer got $2k incentive via employer VPP discount)

39-month, closed-end lease came out to around $415/mo. Total due at signing was around $1500 (includes first month of lease).

I purchased it at the Infiniti dealership in Bridgewater, NJ. A very good experience. Looking forward to enjoying my new vehicle! :shades:
    Is there anyone here who I can talk with? I really hope i can talk to someone as soon as possible. I made my email public so anyone who is willing to help, please email me your phone number and i will call you.
    Like I said, it appears you are getting about $5k off MSRP(including the freight charge) and you say you believe you are getting a fair price for your trade-in. As long as the dealer isn't adding on a huge charge for "dealer admin or doc fee" of say $400 or more you are getting a price that is in line with the best deals that have been reported on this forum. What else do you want to know? Not too many people on here are willing to provide personal emails and speak on the phone. That's what this forum is for. If you have specific question, let's hear it.
  • dclivedclive Member Posts: 35
    @GSM:

What are current incentives on the EX35? When can we expect to see $8000-$9000 off pricing again?
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    I'm trying to figure that out also. I'm seeing internet quotes for around $35k on a 2011 Journey AWD.

I'd like to see the $9k off MSRP also. IMO $40k is way to high MSRP for a CUV but with deep discounts it's acceptable.
    Infiniti announced today they are raising the price $650 on all EXs. Any vehicles that are currently in stock at the dealership are price protected, but those inbound from Japan and all those going forward will now be $650 higher, so if you are shopping for an EX - be sure to get one with the lower MSRP. :)
    That's great. America is coming out of the worst recession since the great depression and already the greed is setting in.

We should be smart enough to stay away from dealerships faking vehicle shortages to make a few extra bucks!
    Faking a shortage? Seriously?

Say what you like, but Japan isn't making cars right now. If you want a Japanese car, it will get harder to find them in the coming weeks because new ones aren't coming in.

I'm sure S Korea and the USA makes will increase their sales quite a bit.
  • ex35loverex35lover Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2011
    I like the colour with Midnight Garnet & Graphite. But the dealer only has one which includes almost everything, with tech, premium and deluxe touring package, and with the window tint and front protector (forgot the exact name). They also provide one year maintenance for free.

MSRP: 50,210
    They offer me 46,000 out of door.

I know if comparing with MSRP, it is almost $7800-8000off. But there are too many upgrades and some of them are definitely not so useful. I wonder wether this is still a sweet deal?
    I show MSRP of what you've listed as $46725, including delivery, so I can't see where the extra $4000 comes from.

I'd expect any Infiniti dealership to do at least one year free maint. That's just two oil changes; BFD.

I'd expect $5k or so off of THAT MSRP (ie don't include any dealer-added options; they're all pure profit anyway), so to me a reasonable price (not OTD; I don't quote OTD prices here because everyone has a different idea of what that is) would be about $41725 or so, all inclusive, you add tax, DMV registration, and that's it. IE all dealer fees and dealer profits (except the extra profit they get from the ~$50 DMV registration) included in the 41725.
    Thank you very much for your reply.

I did not list all the upgrade options. Indeed it includes

tech, premium and deluxe touring package
    Cargo Area Protector & First Aid Kit / Cargo Organizer / Tonneau Cover
    Splash Guards / Aluminum Roof Rails / Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Protector / Stainless Steel Illuminated Kick Plates

MSRP is $47930

Dealer-added options:

All season floor mats / Wheel lock / Nitrogen Tire Fill / Wolfgang Paint Protection $895
    Window tinted $395
    Front, hood, mirror protection $995
    Free 12-month maintenance includes up to 4 oil changes and 2 tire rotations / unlimited car wash

So MSRP turns out $50215

Now the offer is $46000 out for the door.

Is it still good to buy?
    The MSRP, from the looks of it, is $47930. Extra dealer-added options bring the (very dubious!) total up to $50215; this is PURE PROFIT for the dealer and is *NOT* MSRP; it's extra dealer profit.

If I recall correctly Infiniti is the brand with the paint that 'heals itself' with the right weather conditions, so I wouldn't worry about "Wolfgang" paint protection or the other features too much.

I'd at least go back to the dealer with a MSRP value of $47930, and ask them to knock $5000 off of that, for a price of $42930, but to me $41750 is a better starting point - you likely don't need all the extra do-dads.

You'll need to see if you have tax/title/license fees in your state high enough to bring that to $46000.

I just saw a $2000 manufacturer to dealer incentive on the EX series, so $5000 off is probably not asking enough. I'd jump to $7000 and see what they said and likely knock it down $500 to $6500 under MSRP and see what all the local dealers in my area (300 miles from me) said.
    Edmund's says an average good price for the EX35 loaded like this one is about $1000 under invoice+delivery, so you might start by deducting $2000 from there and starting at that (I show about $39k and change).
    Thanks a lot!
  • chicagobullschicagobulls Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a EX35 model at Chicago area. found out

Fields Infiniti at Glencoe, IL has promotion for $6555 off all 2011 EX35's in stock

any other good deals?
    $6555 is a pretty decent deal. PA/NJ/NY dealers aren't budging more than $4,000.

There were some unbelievable deals on 2010's month or two ago.
    The reason Edmund's say the average price is $1000 under invoice is because there is $2000 dealer cash. So, the dealer originally bought the vehicle from Infiniti at MSRP and most are willing to split the dealer cash they will get when they report it sold. This way the dealer is making $1000 from Infiniti and you are getting the vehicle $1000 below the original invoice.

You will never get the vehicle for $3000 below invoice...not with the shortage of vehicles. Most dealers are raising their prices as Infiniti has done already - plus I expect the $2000 dealer cash to go away too - no reason for Infiniti to give that money to the dealers because they will sell the few EXs they have left without it. :(
  • ramtajogiramtajogi Member Posts: 21
    edited June 2011
    Here's what I got:

2011 EX 35 White Exterior / Chestnut Interior
    Premium Package
    Deluxe Touring Package.

MSRP: 44, 180
    Sale: 37,835 (6,345$ off from MSRP)
    Tax: 2,648 (7% NJ Tax)
    Doc Fee: 364$
    Tire Tax: 7.5
    OTD Price: $41, 228.

I worked with Ryan Mays from Fette Infiniti and he was a pleasure to work with. I worked with him through the car buying site, carwoo.com. He is sincere and will really work hard to get your business without being pushy at all.

Contact me on me AT ramtajogi.in if you want more details or have additional questions.

RJ