Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti EX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

167891012»

Comments

• m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    edited June 2011
    So, the dealer originally bought the vehicle from Infiniti at MSRP

I believe you meant invoice above. If Edmunds reports the avg price at $1000 below invoice that would lead me to believe there are a lot of deals out there that are well below that. I'm sure some dealers are selling at $2000(or more) below invoice as well as some deals at invoice(or above) for Edmunds to come up with an average of $1000 below invoice. The trick is to find the hungry dealers. ;)

PS Like the dealer in the post just prior to this.
  • ajashiajashi Member Posts: 1
    I was at a Infiniti dealer yesterday looking at a EX35 AWD Journey with only the premium package and no accessories. The 'internet price' was about 36700. They said that they have this new policy where the internet price for the car is the final price and you can't negotiate that price. Supposedly its called transparent pricing or something to that effect. Can anyone confirm this?

Plus the total OTD price would be approximately 39,620. I was hoping for a lower price...
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,930
    An individual dealership can do whatever they want. They can stick to full MSRP if they want. Nobody here can really "confirm" anything for you. If that is the dealership's policy, then that's their policy. Your only choice is to shop elsewhere if you don't like it.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• 22332233 Member Posts: 64
    According to True Car.com the MSRP of that EX is 42,145 and invoice is 38,855 minus 2,000 for the incentive. Their invoice price is $36,855 so your price is $155 below invoice.

Of course they'll charge you a doc fee and they'll get their holdback of maybe $500-600 plus any volume special they may get from Infiniti.

I am looking now and might accept a price like that.

Let us know if the price was legit
  • xythqxythq Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a new (not used, full warranty) 2010 EX Journey Rwd with Bose + all around camera package, splash guards, cargo protector and first aid kit, cargo area organizer, navigation package, wheel locks, and floor mats. Has 160 miles on it. Sticker was $39,410. Blue Book says invoice for all that is $36,320. Price paid was $30,998, plus destination of $875.00 plus registration and tax (7.5% here, ouch). $34k out the door.

I was lucky the dealer had exactly the white/wheat combo I was looking for that I could not find in a 2011 without having to buy both the premium and tech packages. The new dealer just bought the dealership from a bankruptcy sale of the previous dealer, so probably they bought the inventory at good prices so they have lots of room to deal.
    Congrats on a good deal but it sure would be nice of you to mention the dealer's name so others could possibly benefit.
  • xythqxythq Member Posts: 2
    Napleton's Infiniti of Tallahassee, FL. Great folks to deal with too.
  • chicagobullschicagobulls Member Posts: 2
    nice deal. enjoy the new ride.....
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    We are down to 14 EX in stock with none coming in the pipeline...looks like Infiniti hasn't built one of these in 3 months - not sure if there were too many in the US and they were waiting for supply levels to flatten out or they had resources going to the JX...either way not much left to choose from.
  • nah_1009nah_1009 Member Posts: 5
    Sewellgsm,

You are claiming that Infiniti has not built one EX35 in the last 3 months. Considering this is mid December 2011, you are saying that not one EX35 has been built since mid September 2011 - about the time when 2012 EX35 models were introduced. Per your claim, not one 2012 EX35 model should be around US. Is this believable?

If I go to www.cars.com, and search for new car inventory, as of today, there are 1550 2012 EX35 available across US - a production rate of almost 500 cars per month not including the sales.

So help me square the circle.

I can understand lower levels of production. Compared to Jan-Nov 2010 sales of 7409 EX35, infiniti has managed to sell only 5486 EX35 from Jan - Nov 2011. Hence, the lower production levels. But it is hard to believe your claim that no EX35s have been produced in the last 3 months.

Despite being a fantastic car, I think that EX35 lower sales is partially a reflection of very little incentives infiniti has been providing to this line. Infiniti marketing has to do some number crunching to figure out the right incentives to get the sales going.

-- Nick
  • lukeskywackolukeskywacko Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    I just bought 2011 ex35 rwd journey configured with..
    Black/black
    Premium option
    Rear bumper protector
    Cargo area protector
    Msrp 41,105
    Invoice 37,910

Took the car home with

Price paid 34,106
    Interest rate 3.49%

I wonder if i settled in this deal too quickly..
    What do you think?
  • gumpmangumpman Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a 2008 EX35 that has 52k miles, one owner. The autocheck report is clean, but it does show that it was purchased at a wholesale auction. Given the VIN, can I trace this car any further and find out what was paid at auction (Eastern Region)? The car was originally purchased in New Jersey.

I've read some reports of issues with brake rotors, etc., and I'd be very interested in learning any potential issues with this model before purchasing.

Any advice on fair pricing for this would be welcomed, too.

Thank you.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,930
    Post the vin and i'll see what i can pull up, if anything

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• nah_1009nah_1009 Member Posts: 5
    7k less than MSRP has to be one of the better deals I have seen.
    Can you let us know which state/dealer?

Also, congratulations...
  • gumpmangumpman Member Posts: 2
    I emailed you the VIN (standard email).

Thanks!
  • lukeskywackolukeskywacko Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    Thanks!

It was Monrovia, California/Metro Infiniti.

I used car buying service with USAA online, and was contacted by several dealers. Metro Inifiniti had the car I wanted.
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Sorry, have not been on Forum lately...yeah I order vehicles every month for the dealership I work for. We were extremely low on EX and needed some more and they did not offer to build us any for 3 months. We did not get to order any in May either....I think they are going to discontinue this car.

I like the vehicle too, just letting folks know what I'm seeing. :(
  • diedrediedre Member Posts: 2
    The EX35 Looks wonderful! Have looked at CR-V LX, Hyundi Santa Fe, Chevy Equinox. The only thing I don't like is the poor gas millage compared to above (but much more power)...but otherwise it's really beautiful inside and out... guess it's hard to get power and good gas millage.

Any opinions on this purchase appreciated....
    Spend another $5k and get a brand new(with new car warranty) 2013 Acura RDX. Similar V6 power, way better mpg, lot more room inside, can use reg. gas, sits a little higher, great resale and is 3 years newer. I like Infiniti but the EX35 just didn't compare except it's a little faster and handles a little more like the G. But you give up a lot of what the average person buys a CUV for to get those two attributes. Something to consider.
  • diedrediedre Member Posts: 2
    Dear m6user,

Excellent info...I will check it out!...I hadn't considered that car/suv before.
    Thank you
  • rizzlarizzla Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2012
    Great thread.

I'm currently looking for a 2011 ex35 AWD Journey in the Detroit area (but willing to purchase as far as Chicago or Dayton/Cincinnati) and was hoping for some help.

When is the best time of year to get the lowest price, should I wait for the 2012's to drop in price? My time frame is to purchase by March/April latest as a bday gift for the wife but earlier and it can be Xmas gift or Anny gift or Vday gift etc....just not looking to jump on first price essentially.

From what I read, some have paid in the low $30's and from my work, I have managed to get dealership quotes for a 2012 @ $41400 (plus tax, title, etc) for the Journey AWD with Nav and all other bells and whistles available. No dealer incentive at the Detroit dealership.

Ideally, would pay cash, but if the finance rates are low enough, would put 50% down and finance the rest only because its making me money on the markets.

TIA - btw, love this forum and cannot believe i did not know about it while purchasing my last two vehicles.
  • bonnanobonnano Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2013
    2010 Pristine condition all service verified with VIN done by local Infinity dealer at intervals rather than miles. Six months.
    EX35 Journey 26K miles 2WD (Don't need AWD here)
    Premium Package
    Bose Around View Package
    White w/sand
    Cargo cover
    Cargo Mats
    Splash Guards
    FA Kit
    lighted Sills.
    18" Wheel Package

$23,900 (from $25,000 asking) Cash deal.

No Tech. Don't need or want it. I can stay in my own lane and traffic is nill here.

Thumbs Up or Down

Deal will go down next week. Private seller over 60. 4 hours away.