Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Envoy Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning

13»

Comments

• jme72jme72 Member Posts: 3
    The a/c in my 2005 Envoy is gone crazy! I turn it on and sometimes nothing..other times I turn it on and it stays on for a few minutes then quits..then comes on again and quits.....

The air is cold when it comes out.

The fan does not come on without having ac button pressed..

Does anyone have any feedback on this issue please??? We are having 90-95 degree temps....
  • hundley68hundley68 Member Posts: 1
    last year i replaced a front end on my 2003 gmc envoy my ac worked until then i have replace more freon where i can't get anymore in it what could be my problem?
  • 2004envoyboy2004envoyboy Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    2004 GMC Envoy XUV. I purchased the vehicle new in 2004 with 4 miles on it. No problems with the A/C until 2008. In the summer of 2008 the A/C did not work at all. The fan/blower motor worked, just no cold air. I did nothing to correct the problem.

In the summer of 2009 the A/C worked fine.

In 2010 at 235K miles I replaced the engine and transmission with matching units that had 47K miles. The A/C worked fine in 2010.

In 2011 the A/C began working intermittently. The fan/blower motor worked, but sometimes no cold air.

This spring it did not work at all for the first week. The fan/blower motor worked, just no cold air. Then it began working, blowing cold air. Then it began working in the morning, sometimes for 15 minutes, sometimes for an hour, the fan/blower motor work. When it works, it blows nice cold air.

When the day gets warm, above 76-78 degrees it does not want to work, it just blows ambient air, no cold air. When it works, it blows cold most of the time, then sometimes not so cold.

In the afternoon, If I park it for about an hour or more, then drive it, the air will come on for a few minutes then blow ambient air again.

I have not had anyone look at it. No repairs have been made yet. We are planning to drive to Orlando May 30th. CAN YOU HELP?
  • envoyproblemsenvoyproblems Member Posts: 1
    I'm having similar problems on my 2006, 2004envoyboy. Did you get your fixed? If so, what was the problem and how much did it cost?
  • gmford1979gmford1979 Member Posts: 2
    i have a 2004 Envoy. until recently the A/C has worked perfectly. 2 days ago i turned the a/c on and had it blowing out of the vents. it blew fine and cold for about 30 seconds, then switched to blowing on the floor. the a/c controls still show that its blowing from the vents though. it will continue to do this until the car is turned off. after i turn it off and back on, the car will do the same thing, blow from vents for around 30 sec, then back to the floor. i have tried changing on the control where its blowing from, and it remains blowing from the floor. a few other times, it will blow from the vent, then switch to the floor, and after a minute or so, switch the the defrost.

i live in MS and its freakishly hot here and i work outside. nothing worse than driving home from work with the air only blowing on my feet. ha ha. any help is greatly appreciated. Please Help!!!!

Thanks!!
  • aaron_martinezaaron_martinez Member Posts: 1
    Air conditioner would not turn off even when car was turned off and key not in ignition. So i replaced the resistor to the blower which fixed that but now the car idles up and down continuously only when the A/C is turned on and the A/c also shuts off for a few seconds then turns back on. it keeps doing this all constantly. does anyone have a clue what could be the problem.
  • revivedrevived Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone please help me?

My drivers side window control will not operate any of the windows in the vehicle. The seat heating control does not work as well. I can lock the windows and the doors with this control so i know it is working to some degree, but no window control.
    Anyone have any tips, the dealer said to replace the entire control it would cost $314 plus programming. I am hoping for a simpler solution.
  • budellabudella Member Posts: 1

I have 2005 Envoy & AC works sometimes & most of the time not. I replaced blower motor & it worked okay for a very short time. When the AC works it blows cold air. When you stop AC stops blowing & when you press the gas it blows again. At times it sill blows when the vehicle is off & key removed. Also you cannot change blower speeds it blows when it wants at what speed it wants. Help...so very hot in Orlando, FL. I can't afford dealer prices for repair either.

• a9fingdada9fingdad Member Posts: 1

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/has-my-gm-vehicle-been-recalled--check-the-full-list-here-151617785.htmli believe there is a recall on some of the stuff u have listed as wrong well 2 i know for sure

• infantry11binfantry11b Member Posts: 1

I have two questions i live in washington state drive a 03 gmc envoy 4x4 slt. The first question is i need to do a 165,000 mile maintenance how much would that cost. The second question is my ac, heater, and defroster dont work, at times the motor would work but nothing would come out of the vents other times there would be no sound. What is wrong. I want to find out so i dont have to pay for an inspection

• gtdownergtdowner Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Envoy SLT the HVAC lights are on when ignition is turned on and none of the buttons work How no heat no air do I solve this