Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

1995.5 Rodeo w/3.2L V6 Newbie questions...

rodeeohrodeeoh Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Isuzu
Hi, newbie here. Just picked up a 1995.5 Rodeo w/3.2L V6 247,000 miles. A couple of questions. Is the 1995.5 Rodeo an OBD1 or OBD2 for engine diag. computer? Also, I can shift into 4L or 4HI and the indicator light comes on, but won't go into 4WD. Whats the best place to start looking for the problem. I'm assuming the auto lock hubs. Anything else??
Thanks all!!

Comments

• Options
    racerxpracerxp Member Posts: 3
    All I know is it became mandatory in the US in 1996 for OBD2. Don't know about 1995.
  • Options
    mwolfemwolfe Member Posts: 7
    I would think the auto- lockers need rebuilt. if one doesn't lock, then the power is lost through that wheel. I converted to manual lockers, for $125 you can get the positive lock, and a couple MPG more. My '97 was always turning the front drive shafts, and I got another 2+ MPG so far.
  • Options
    tim109tim109 Member Posts: 2
    i have a 1995.5 isuzu rodeo it attempts to start but won't start .. any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    tim109tim109 Member Posts: 2
    my rodeo got wet inside, as a result it will know longer start. also does anyone know if there is a fuel shut off switch?
This discussion has been closed.