Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-7 Engine Problems

Comments

• flqueenfanflqueenfan Member Posts: 5
    My 2007 CX-7's VVT actuator supposedly was repaired according to the recall or TSB back in March of 2009. (I say supposedly because in trying to line up all my maintenance records I called the dealer where the work was done; they have evidence of the labor only, but not on the parts; this comes into play shortly.)
    Even after the repair, she always ran rich and other than ridiculously low mileage (which I chalked up to it being an AWD) I loved my car. Then, about a month ago, I started getting a ticking noise in the engine. I took her in and they determined the timing chain was bad and needed replacement. This was done at 59,850 miles. Almost immediately thereafter, I noticed an odd whistling noise, but it was very intermittent and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Then, my friends and I went over to Cape Canaveral to watch the Atlantis launch. On the way over, the noise started getting worse, then all of a sudden I started to lose my acceleration and my Check Engine light came on. We were almost at the Cape, so she rested in the parking lot and my friends and I watched the launch. Seven hours later, we piled back into the car and headed home (FYI, I'm in Tampa--it's about a 150 mile trip one-way). The noise started up immediately, and although I didn't have the normal punch, I could still drive just fine and get up to highway speeds safely. By the time we got home, we'd determined that my turbo seemed to have an issue.
    Saturday morning, I took my car into the dealer where I had the timing chain done and said I got this repaired, it's making a funny noise, and now I have no power. They tested it and said to drive it home, bring her back Monday and they'd start working on a proper diagnosis. I got about 500 feet away and so much smoke was pouring out of the back of my car that I couldn't see. I turned around to take the car back to the dealer and then she started bucking like a bronco.
    The dealer determined (SHOCKING!) that the turbo was dead and the repair would be $2300. My mileage was at 60,600. I immediately called Mazda corporate to get them to help out with the repair, as I was 600 miles out of warranty and the dealer did this huge repair and now my car is dead, not to mention the fact that my car worked before they started testing it. Today, eleven days later, Mazda has graciously agreed to cover half the repair. When I reminded their rep about the fact that the car worked before the dealer had it, they said that's the dealer's problem.
    I love my car but am scared about what else is lurking. I thought I had been lucky because I'd had no major problems, but I was wrong. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with the car no matter what because I cannot possibly afford to get a different car. Arrrggghhhh!!!
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    Rather than pay the dealer $2300 you might consider simply having them "wire" the turbo wastegate(***) WIDE OPEN. The turbo would then NEVER be functional but you would probably still have enough engine power, significantly improved FE, and a lot less likelihood that the turbo would contribute to future problems.

And if you wished you could have the engine head milled to raise the compression ratio to the non-turbo DFI "standard" of 13:1 and thereby increase the engine HP, not fully back to the boosted level, but increased.

*** Your post reads, actually, as if the turbo wastegate might have caused the current failure. The wastegate should remain fully open unless the engine power level you "request" via the accelerator is beyond the capability of the engine with "boost".

"..noticed an odd whistling noise.."

I'm guessing that was the result of the wastegate being closed when it should have remained open. That would result in the turbo's turbine being constantly, FULL TIME, exposed to exhaust gasses. Turbo's are generally only "rated" for part time use, only during acceleration and/or times of the need for "extraordinary" engine power.
  • tootie6tootie6 Member Posts: 1
    Engine lite on been on for two days. Had it read to only find out that the erg valve gone to the bad 54,000 miles $500.00 to replace. Mazda should be ashame of themselves taking people money. I was told by the tech a Mazda that this is a common problem Mazda is having with the cx7's and that tells me that they are very much aware of it, but will not stand behind this issue. It is very sad. Mazda need to recall all of the cx7s and fix all of the problems they know exist.
    Much like the backside of the intake valves in a DFI engine, your EGR valve will get coated with residue from the exhaust flow. It's generally quite easy to remove the EGR valve and clean the valve and valve seat.
  • mike8183mike8183 Member Posts: 4
    Add my name to the ever growing list of casualties! Just was rejected by Mazda for this major repair because 2 oil changes could not be documented. Time for class action law suit. Mazda is now like my health insurance company just rejecting claims knowing they are liable but hoping we all go away. My Mazda service contact WARNED me that even if I pay to have this repaired, there is still a high probability that the engine will need to be replaced.

Headed over to my local law firm now to see if I can drag their criminal butts into small claims court.

Can't imagine anyone who does the most basic of research of Mazda would even think of walking in their show room. ZOOM ZOOM. what a joke
  • teaj2590teaj2590 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    I am having the same exact problem as you. I have 85,000 on my cx7 2007 and took to dealership to check a leak (transfer case seal leak, another major problem with make/model and year) and mentioned the sound of my car at start up. They informed me needed new VVTA for $900. parts and labor. I called a trusted mechanic who used to work for Mazda and he stated he has fixed this issue on several CX7. Funny the dealership claimed to not have seen this before like it was a fluke! The mechanic also told me the VVTA has not been fixed therefor mazda is selling a defective part. I was wondering what happened with you car? I wonder if I should have the timing chain replaced also while the other VVTA is being replaced? I have an appoitment with the other mechanic this next week. I know I can trust this guy and he is about 200 cheaper than dealership. I am a single parent with little extra money to fix major car repairs. I am also unable to trade this thing in so I am really stuck. Any suggestions or advice you have would be appreciated.
  • gentemiogentemio Member Posts: 13
    I was one of the first to report this problem which occurred to my wife in August 2008. Never heard from Mazda, never saw the service manager. I threw away about 9,000 for it to fail again. I realize you are a single parent with little extra money but if you hold on to this car you will be a single parent without a car. See what your trusted mechanic thinks and good luck.
  • pamhammondpamhammond Member Posts: 2
    How exactly do you "wire the wastegate open"?
  • tatiana11tatiana11 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am new on this....but I am desperate. I bought a 2007 mazda speed 6 and it broke down...the engine failed catastrophically.... with 68000 miles. it costs me 7000 dollars to fix it. I still have to pay a big number on it and do not know what to do!!! please any help or advice is truly appreciated.
  • flqueenfanflqueenfan Member Posts: 5
    Well, the dealer came through a little bit. Because it took them 4 flippin' weeks, and the Mazda mechanic kept jerking me around, the dealership's owner got my portion down to $770 or so. Now, though, it's still making noise, doesn't run nearly as well as she used too, and I think is running rich as there's soot all around the exhaust pipe and on the bumper. When I took her back to the dealership, they yelled at me and asked why I didn't make an appointment. I said I figured I didn't need to for them just to listen to my engine. I still haven't gone back, but the noise is getting worse. I think it's my VVT again. I'm going out of town next week so I'll probably see if I can get them to take a look while I'm gone, but I'm not holding out hope. If something is wrong, then I'm giving up on the car.
  • maxocampomaxocampo Member Posts: 5
    I have a Mazda CX7 2007, read a lot of the posts here, many sounds just like my case. 64,000 timing belt snapped, damaged engine; Mazda wants over $5000 to replace the engine.

Where is the info about the lawsuit? PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!

Thanks,

-Max
    maxocampo@gmail.com
  • botechgirlbotechgirl Member Posts: 1
    I am in the same boat..I mean the exact same boat and now stuck with a dead car with a monthly note. They want $8000 from us but who can sink that type of money in a car when the maintenance records are clean. No sludge in the engine at all....U an ready to take Mazda on!!! Let me know anything......
  • hatemazdahatemazda Member Posts: 1
    I also had a similar experience. 62,000 miles, timing chain belt snapped and engine valves bent therefore need a new engine. Will cost almost $8,000 to repair. And to add insult, I had purchased an extended warranty through Mazda that is with GE (don't waste your money buying - GE is worse than Mazda) which will not be honored because my oil change records do not show the mileage on them even though I had them all done on time. It's an excuse not to pay. I have owned Hondas, VWs, Nissans in the past and drove them all into the ground and never had an experience such as this. Mazda is awful and does not take ownership of their inferior mechanics or protect their customers. Based on this experience, I will never buy another and will get this message out anywhere I can. A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!! I too want to take on Mazda
    Please look up Mazda on Facebook and voice your complaints. I plan on posting as much negative stuff about this car and Mazda's lack of caring on as many sites as possible. I just posted on their facebook page so they will probably delete it but I will continue to let people know they are wasting money buying anything from Mazda!
  • tatiana11tatiana11 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, is anyone going for a lawsuit against mazda???? My car's engine died 3 months ago...it costs me 7000 to fix it! the car only has 68000 miles! what is it!!!!! any advise???
  • boogitybopboogitybop Member Posts: 21
    Everybody wants a lawsuit as well as I do. However I've tried several firms and they are just not interested. I don't know why but they aren't. We need to make more noise. Any suggestions?
    I think I have a line on a lawyer in St. Louis. I'll be reporting back soon. This lawyer sued Ford.
    Boog
  • heather1027heather1027 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2007 CX-7 with 70,000 miles and the engine just blew up. they are saying that it's going to cost at least $4,000. is there anything that i can do?
  • maxocampomaxocampo Member Posts: 5
    Sell the remainings of that piece of junk; I sold the Cx7 2007 I had with the cursed-design broken engine to Copart (http://www.copart.com). I was ablt to get $6500 for it. And I still owned money on it :-/

Cut your losses; the engine design of the CX7 2007 is no good; they put a 4-cylinder with a turbo charger that's putting too much strain on the timing chain, and that causes the timing belt/chain to snap prematurely.
    So, even if you pay to get it fix, it will break again. The new engine (if you get it repaired through Mazda) comes with a 12k mile or 12 month warranty.

Cut your losses.

Now I'm driving a Prius, and I'm saving 2/3 of $$ in gas, and reduced my carbon footprint.
    If you can afford the fix then do it. Trade it the day they are done, thats what we did. Hyundai and Kia are both making really good cars. the Vera Cruz and the Sorento, same car. We got 14,000 for ours after I had it fixed. In the mean time keep your eye on this website cause I think I have found a good lawyer in St louis who will handle this. Same goes for anybody reading this, Mazda needs to take care of their short comings and I think the law is the only thing that's gonna make them.
    B
  • teebasarateebasara Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    I have just bought a mazda cx7 2007 which has done 75000 ks as a second hand and it was a kind of expensive car.
    I start to hear an engine noise immediately after purchase. I took the car to the mechanic who ensure it is a chain problem. I took it to the mazda dealer who confirm chain and vvt problem and ask for an expensive replacement. It was only 8 months out of warranty but they refused to fix it under warranty.
    Could you please tell me is it worth to fix the car or it is better to sell it or trade it with other car?
    Please let me know.

Regards,
    Unfortunatly someone sold you the car because everyone is getting rid of them for that very reason. I just replaced my vvta in CX7 two weeks ago. I took mine to the dealership and then to a mechanic who was 300. cheaper. The bad thing about the vvta is mazda is still selling the defective part, meaning they will replace this part but it will eventually go out again. You have no choice but to fix and do it soon. If the vvta goes your timing chain will too and you will be replacing your engine. I also have a transfer case seal leak that needs to be fixed. Don't bother looking to Mazda for help as they won't even help those under a full warranty, finding ways to not accept warranties for one reason or another. Getting rid of this car is hard to do now as everyone knows they are having major issues with this make,model and year. If you have any other question email me tgagent99@yahoo.com.
  • mazdaiscrapmazdaiscrap Member Posts: 1
    Same exact issue. Contacted dealership, they gave me the BS of "engine sludge"... it seems they tell everyone that. I told them about the Mazda Service Bulletin, and they don't seem to care and don't want to fix it. Service will just lie straight to your face. Don't trust them. Will try contacted the Service Manager, but he might be "in on the scam" so I don't expect much results. Contacted Mazda Corporate, and no results at all they said "we will forward this info to the dealer" ... oh yeah, and then what? They are lying bastards... Add my list to the lawsuit if there is one, if not, I will try getting one myself. This "VARIABLE VALVE TIMING (VVT) NOISE WHEN STARTING ENGINE" is a joke. Defective part that they don't want to recall. I can't believe this garbage. Never buy another Mazda ever!
  • fonefixerfonefixer Member Posts: 247
    Driving a '07 cx-7 w/ 75,000 miles. Purchased new in 10/06 (owned 5 years) and paid $1300.00 extra for a 3 year extended Mazda warranty.

At 55,000 miles heard a "ticking noise" at start up and brought vehicle to selling Mazda dealer. Dealer replaced VVT actuator/ timing chain/ water pump. No questions about "sludge" , maintenance records, or any questions for that matter. Vehicle was repaired in 3 days and only cost to me was a $100.00 charge for a rental. Apparently, there is a huge difference in Mazda dealer service depts throughout the country.

Recently, the fuel pump and OGM emissions valve started to fail--didn't leave me stranded-but car became hard starting and running. Both covered under extended warranty minus $100.00 deductible.

Sometimes--these warranties do what they are advertised to do. When buying a new car-- after reading all these posts about poor Mazda warranty claims-the performance of the service department is more important than finding the lowest price. Who can fix anything these days?
    There's vast difference between the dealer having to be re-embursed by the factory for repairs vs your "insurance" coverage paying.
  • alabamagirlalabamagirl Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Mazda CX-7, just had to have it towed to Mazda this morning for a clicking sound on start up. They just called to inform me that it is the vvta! When asked what we would be looking at, price wise, they inform us that it will be around 1200.00. We then asked why there were no recalls on this deffective part.(we knew this was probably the problem by all of the complaints online) They inform us that they do have a bulletin telling them if someone comes in complaining about this issue, this is the problem...but because my car is out of warranty by 9,000 miles(69,000), i have to pay the bill. They know this is the problem and it's their fault, but they won't even help us!!! I would really like some more information if anyone comes accross it to help hold them accountable for their mess ups! And i know we sure have learned our lesson about dealing with MAZDA!!! What a rip-off!!
  • mazdasucks2mazdasucks2 Member Posts: 8
    Three weeks ago yesterday, I was driving about 35 mph when I realized the car had suddenly turned off. I thought, huh, that's interesting. I pulled into a parking stall, easily accessible to a tow truck because what I have learned with this POS car is if it "thinks" about breaking, it has, and it's going to be VERY expensive. Sure enough, it wouldn't turn over. Everything worked in the car, it just wouldn't start. The car is very well maintained, driven nicely, new battery, air filters etc. I just got the car back yesterday, and it cost me over $3,500. Now, I'm seasoned in this whole Mazda CX-7 repair BS. When picking up the car, I asked the shop owner and mechanic who did the work if this was just a normal wear and tear issue and they laughed. They said, this never should have happened, especially at this point. They also said that the Mazda parts were "in stock" which means it's a common issue because these parts are not common parts to have to be replacing.

So lets recap here. The AC compressor issue happened before the recall. When discussing it directly with Mazda, since my local Mazda dealership said they couldn't help me with the well known issue other than bend me over to repair it, I ended up requesting the woman's supervisor several times, she refused and then hung up on me. 6 months after that, I finally got a letter in the mail and was reimbursed for my costs.

I called Mazda again this morning to discuss this next major issue, and I got the run around. GO FIGURE!! I did actually talk to a supervisor, and he had all sorts of excuses. "These are all done on a case by case basis." or "If I had been a multiple Mazda owner" . . . if this is my first experience, why in the hell would I EVER consider buying another Mazda???? "I understand your frustrations, but there's nothing I can do for you." or I like this excuse he also gave me . . . "if you would have had the work done at a Mazda dealership, we could have reviewed with them and gone from there" . . . I can't afford the dealership to do the work! I decided to contact my local dealership to see what their response was to dealing with a repair like this, and they said they replace the engine. A used one would cost me around $5,000 and a brand new one would be in the $6-7k range. OUCH. I told him, I have ALL parts that were removed he can review all day long. I would take High Def pictures and send to him, or send all parts to him as well. But of course, he said nope, that isn't going to help at this point. When I asked him to send me an email or a letter, something in writing, with these details and "reasons" he said he couldn't do that. Imagine that!!

I'm looking for any and every one who has dealt with this issue to come forward. Please email me your story or reply to my post. It's time to treat Mazda as they have treated us.
    So I started voicing my opinion on Mazda's Facebook page and guess what . . . I am now banned!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    At least you know they are reading your posts. :sick:
    Lookup "screwed by Mazda." Please like the page, and share your story!!!
  • crywillie12crywillie12 Member Posts: 1
    Who has details about the class action lawsuit against Mazda for the CX7?
  • nowwhat1nowwhat1 Member Posts: 10
    Yup, Saturday, driving down the road and my lovely 2007 CX-7 with all of 62,000 miles on it decides to stop running. Had it towed to the mechanic and they say cam shaft but after reading these posts, I don't believe it. What they did admit is that they can't handle it. It's an engine replacement that will be needed.
    So, there it sits until I can figure out what to do with it. Have no energy remaining to fight with Mazda about it. Any updates on the class action suit?
    Did anything ever come of your lawsuit against Mazda? Currently dealing with them and my car, with all of 62k for miles on it. I'm about to start a letter to them to accompany my "maintenance records" they are requesting. Would be curious if anything further is going on with this though.
    Any luck with the St. Louis lawyer? Currently have the same problem at 62k miles.
  • truwrnr217truwrnr217 Member Posts: 2
    Just started dealing with the engine "sludge" issue. My car doesn't even have 30,000 miles on it! I bought it preowned, not even 5 months old, so I was assuming mazda would say it was my fault. The dealership I bought it from did put a warranty on the powertrain but now they are arguing with Mazda that its their job to fix it! In the mean time my car is sitting in pieces while they aregue over sho pays! I have never had such an issue with a company upholding a warranty. I owned 2 Hyundai's and there was never a question who had to pay to fix and it was done in under 1 week no matter what the issue!
    Mazda is full of their own SLUDGE!
    Once that car is fixed its gone!
    Let me know if you need help in this suit they give car makers a bad name! :lemon:
  • alukauskasalukauskas Member Posts: 3
    It seems like 62,000 miles is a magic odometer reading for CX-7 engine failure. Our 2008 CX-7 experienced a complete engine failure at 61,996 miles. This failure occurred without any warning: the engine had not previously experienced any problems or made any unusual noises, no indicator lights had signaled a problem, and we had made oil and oil filter changes in accordance with the maintenance schedule. The failure created an extremely dangerous situation, as the car lost power and this meant that several critical functions, most notably, the steering, were severely compromised. Our local Mazda dealer (not the one we bought it from) reported that the piston in the number 2 cylinder had failed damaging the engine beyond repair. The dealer did not find sludge and because we had all our oil change records, the question of proper maintenance did not come up, though this was the first thing we were warned about when we contacted the Mazda customer service line.

After two weeks of "waiting to hear from corporate" we were told that Mazda would pay 50% of the cost of installing a new engine. We asked to speak to the district manager who had made this decision and we were told flat out that we would not be allowed to do so. From reading several other of the posts on this site, I can only conclude that we fairly fortunate, but our portion of the bill plus towing charges and the cost of a rental exceeded $5,000! I suspect that if our dealer had not pushed hard on our behalf, we would have been left responsible for the entire cost.

Although our car was just outside of the warranty mileage, the car was less than 3.5 years old at the time of engine failure. Moreover, the engine failure was clearly due to a manufacturing defect and not to any negligence on our part. We have seen numerous reports of engines failing prematurely on 2007 and 2008 CX-7s on this site and several others, so this does not appear to be an isolated incidence but rather reflective of a design or manufacturing problem. Every mechanic or forum that we have consulted has indicated that modern engines driven under normal conditions, as ours is, simply do not fail at around 60,000 miles.

We are disappointed that Mazda did not pay for more of the repair. We have heard of other instances in which the manufacturer of a just-out-of-warranty vehicle that had a major engine failure paid most of the cost when the problem was not due to customer negligence. Recently Mazda was featuring a lead story on its website about how a Mazda 6 was driven one million miles and how Mazda stands behind the reliability of its vehicles but I guess that is only a PR line. We are also concerned about the safety risk to others who may experience a failure similar to ours. I raised this issue with someone I was finally able to talk to at Mazda and got absolutely no response.

Count us in if a class action law suit develops.
    "..heard of other instances...paid most of the cost..."

The other instances probably involved truly random failures and therefore the overall "payout" level, extending the warranties, was projected to be minimal. On the other hand since it appears with Mazda this is the result of a major design flaw so they have the Stonewalls "up" rather then incur the MASSIVE costs.
  • bsmith1980bsmith1980 Member Posts: 9
    Hey guys! I've been posting this for a while, but guys please listen...

You must report this with the National Highway Traffice Safety Administration! I have checked on the website and there is only one other report on the website other than mine about the issue with Mazda CX7's.

To file a formal complaint with us, the NHTSA – National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Please click on the following link or paste the web address into your browser to file a complaint.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm

Click on the Vehicle Complaint form and complete it online. You can also see complaints others have made.

In the filing the complaint, please have your VIN handy and please include as much detail as possible regarding your incident / experience with the turbo engine shut down.

This is the only way we can get this car recalled and do not have to come out of so much money to do so.

You can also file the complaint by phone to (888) 327-4236.

There is power in numbers! Please do this today if you have not done so already!
    Thank you bsmith. I was actually searching at one point for that link. Just finished my entry with NHTSA.
    alukauskas, please take 2 minutes (literally, just have your vin number handy. it's on your insurance card if you have that) to file out the on-line form, and anyone else out there. Two entries/postings isn't going to get this vehicle recalled.
    Hi nowhat1 and bsmith1980,
    I filled out a complaint a few weeks ago - someone else on this forum mentioned the NHTSA in an earlier post. I just checked and it is listed second under the 2008 model year. I hope someone at NHTSA sees that if you combine the complaints for the 2007 and 2008 CX-7 there are quite a few engine issues reported. Any ideas on how to get the agency’s attention? Has anyone tried calling? I am certainly willing to do so – I would just like to make my call as effective as possible.
  • tma9876tma9876 Member Posts: 1
    I also submitted a complaint for my 2007 CX-7. Thanks for the info!
  • kathgeo43kathgeo43 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 cx7 62000 miles was just told my turbo needs to be replaced and my dealer said it has going mazda to agree to paying half the parts ,He told me it will be 1300 what do you think
  • lulusboutiquelulusboutique Member Posts: 16
    FYI... I HAD TO REPLACE ON MY OWN THE FOLLOWING WITHOUT MAZDA DEALERSHIP OR ANYOTHEM . THEY ARE OUT TO GET US ALL MAZDA HAS NOT STOOD UP TO THE PIECE OF SH>> VEHICLE THEY MADE. I HAVE A 2007 MAZDA, A/C WENT OUT FROZE THE ENGINE $ 1250.00.....TIMING CHAIN BROKE DAMAGED VALUE GASKET. MAZDA WANTED TO CHARGE ME TO REPLACE/FIX ENGINE $7500.00. HAD MY MECHANIC WHICH HAS THE MACHINES AND TOOLS TO FIX ANY MAZDA COST ME $3200.00. TURBO WENT OUT TO REPLACE TURBO AT DEALERSHIP COST $1,195.00. THEY ARE RIPPING YOU OFF FYI...FYI... DONT TRUST THEM. MAZDA CAN ONLY REPLACE THE TURBO. I HAD A CAR NOTE STILL AT $17,000. HAD TO PUT IN OVER 8,000. CASH OUT OF MY OWN POCKET PIECE OF CRAP CAR FIX IT AND GET RID OF IT, BECAUSE OF THE ISSUES WITH THE 1ST 2007 ARE THE 3 ISSUES THAT I HAD TO FIX..... :lemon:
  • ayartonayarton Member Posts: 1
    You should have purchased an extended warranty?
    In hindsight, obviously..... but who believes an engine will die at 62,000 miles. Modern engines usually last 2 or 3 times longer than that.
  • juniorc11juniorc11 Member Posts: 1
    Mazda replaced my VVT actuater in June of 2010 on my 2007 cx7 turbo. It just went bad again. I have lost my paperwork. Does anyone know if the part will be replaced under warranty again? I have 83K miles.
    Go here and post your complaint
    https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm
    I doubt a replacement would be covered under anything at this point. My car is still at Mazda (since 10/22), they are paying for most of the new engine and I get a 12 month warranty on it. I'm cutting my losses though. I'll keep it for the year, pay off as much as I can (since I've only had it for 15 months, 62k miles) and get rid of it. I'm hearing too many horror stories and it won't be worth it for me to keep the car (or get another Mazda at this point). I would just get your car fixed and get rid of it. Crappy response, but it's seems to be the pattern.
  • tinztinz Member Posts: 2
    Count me in also. Ever since i baught my cx7 2007 brandnew i had nothin but trouble the first yr tillll now first yr i jad it check engine light came on had it fix 1st time then 2 days later came back on had trouble with that for 2 years till they fix the problem witt the computer system inside the car.. Next back door locks started not locking the yr later.... Now bothe tail light are melted insude burning out my 2 rear lights makin me have to replace the whole tail lights assembly.... Mazda dealer wanted to charge an arm n a leg but on amazon i got the 2 lights assembly 500 dollars cheaper.... Im ready to throw this car away.... Only if it was that easy lol... 4 yrs havin that car is nothin but trouble......
  • pinkflipflopspinkflipflops Member Posts: 1
    I bought my CX7 Nov 2010 with 22583 miles and now I have around 40500 miles on it. last week it wouldn't accelerate and made alot of knocking noises. Took the car to the local dealership, they told me the motor needs to be replaced due to sludge. the car is still under the power train warranty, however, after providing adequate oil change receipts, they have denied my claim for the warranty. i have made several calls and sent emails, they simply do not care about the consumers. Of the total miles, I wasnt even the owner of the majority of them, why should I be responsible for someone else's failure to take care of the car.....I have my proof! DO NOT BUY FROM MAZDA!!
    When you buy a used vehicle you assume, by default, the previous owner's "responsibility".

Not excusing Mazda building junk but "buyer beware".