Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Discounts for XM Satellite and traffic for Acura Owners

stu13257stu13257 Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Acura
I’ve been looking for a discount code or promotion. My 3 months free will end in the next month. Any better options than just signing for 3years for 9.99 per month and an addition 3.99 per month for traffic XM

Plan Effective Monthly Rate Savings Equivalent Save %* XM Radio Online
Quarterly $12.95/Month n/a 0% FREE
1-year $11.87/Month 1 Month Free* 8% FREE
2-year $11.33/Month 3 Months Free* 13% FREE
3-year $9.99/Month 8+ Months Free* 23% FREE

XM NavTraffic service $3.99 per month

So lets do some math here, 9.99 X 36= $359.64
Then 3.99 X 36 = $143.64

359.64 + 143.64 = $503.28!!!

Something tells me there has to be discounts out there XM ! POST THEM FOR YOUR FELLOW ACURA DRIVERS!

Comments

• jenp123jenp123 Member Posts: 39
    Yep, there are discounts out there! Specifically, I just got in the mail; 5 months of XM service for only $19.99 or 1 yr of service for only $77.

Call 866-576-1418 and just say you received the offer in the mail. Good luck and enjoy!
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,725
    I did not renew my XM when it expired back in '05. XM kept calling me with better and better deals to renew (sorry, I don't remember how low they went, but I think it was similar to the poster above, maybe less than the $77/year...). Which I didn't, told 'em don't call me, I'll call you. I'm not ready to pay for radio yet.

Yes, I am a dinosaur. ;)

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    Yep, it took months of me continuously telling them "No, it costs too much" but I also got a call one day offering me 50% off a 1 year subscription, and that came out to $77- for the year.
    I took it. :)

I like it better than the bunny ears on the roof...
    The wife has to sit up there and hold on to them to get radio staions to come in, out in our neck of the woods. :P
    My large casette collection mimics XM, no commercials!

Long live casette players!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    Yeah, I also just got the bill for the xm service in our '07 MDX. $77 plus $2 for processing fee. I'll keep xm if i can continue to get it at that price. Now if only Sirius would wise up and offer the same deal I would have it in my GTI.
  • stu13257stu13257 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks just got it for $77 for the year and added on XM traffic for 3.99 a month. total was 124.88 no taxes! THANKS!
    Man, how I envy you rich TL owners who can afford XM...

Oh, well. Time to pop in another mix tape from the late '70s... :shades:

"Oh, oh China Grove!"

• new2carsnew2cars Member Posts: 71
    Hi friends,

I was on the phone with XM as I needed to renew my XM radio and nav for a 2nd year. They gave me a hard time because they said the $77/ year amount is only good as a one-time offer. What?!!

They had to transfer to another department located in the Caribean. Is this weird?

Has anyone encountered any difficulty with this? In past posts, I have read other TL owners have renewed their XM subscriptions for 3 consecutive years.

I persisted with the $77/ year promotion + $3.99/ year with the service rep in the Caribean and he finally agreed to the amount. Just a warning to folks who want to continue with this promo. They will honor it but it just takes a bit longer. The first service rep had to speak to her "supervisor" who the transferred me to the second rep. Just an FYI...good luck! It worked for me for a 2nd year in a row!
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    Yeah, I had to talk to several people before they would agree to renew @$77/yr. Be careful though next year as they will auto-renew you at full price without telling you. These practices border on deception but I'm sure XM has reviewed the process with it's lawyers.
This discussion has been closed.