Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Outlander vs. Subaru Forester

Comments

• chelentanochelentano Member Posts: 634
    >> How could you know that if the year hasn't ended?

I would ask you the same question in reference to your 2009 Mitsu sales report.
    >> Huh? How can you argue that 3 tenths of a mph is too close to claim one is better but in the next sentence trumpet the Outlander as having better lateral grip when the difference is only 3 hundredths of a g? And you have to cherry-pick results from different reviews to obtain even that marginal advantage.

No, I am saying the same you are saying: these differences are too marginal, within margin of error so I give example that marginal could go either way, especially limited by stability controls.

However there are much more obvious differences: acceleration test, slalom handling, tow capacity, payload capacity, AWD system, Nav system, interior quality, audio system, Xenons/LED, FAST Key, transmission, warranty, premium moon roof, etc.
    >>They also called S-AWC "Japanese hyperbole"

Perhaps they have not done slalom test or walk on ice test. The autoblog.com says this:
    “we turn onto the most excellent, snaking Highway 74 and, well, we just weren't prepared for what happened next. Because by all accounts, it shouldn't have. In tall, top heavy crossovers, you expect a certain amount of understeer, reluctance and general fuddy-duddiness (it's a technical term – look it up) whenever you turn the wheel in anger. Not so with the Outlander GT – it simply glides through corners. The damping and vehicle control are also quite above par, as the expected body motions and stomach turning leaning tower of truck we've come to know and dread in sporty CUVs played hooky. High center of gravity, what high center of gravity? It's not just that the Outlander's smooth in the bends, but it's quick too. Honestly shockingly so. It's now 24 hours later and we're still surprised just how fast we were able to muscle the car around corners.”

>> and said it only operates on the front axle.

They did not say that. It's your own interpretation, you use the same "deductive" method which brought you to "Borg Warner" conclusion :-)
    >> The leather *IS* nice, but the GT is supposed to compete in a higher price level, and they didn't upgrade the rest of the interior.

What “higher price level”? Is it "hyperbola"? It’s $29K car. It’s way over-equipped for the price.

>> They wrote "the headliner is this really thin and flimsy material covered in a sort of mouse fur".

First, it is not a GT on that video, it's some 4 banger. Second. This expert does not know what he is talking about, I guess “mouse fur" is another "hyperbola". That Outlander “mouse fur" headliner is special odor absorbing fabric so the car always smells inside neutral fresh and it works. You are right, my Benz does not have that :( ...It also handles worse then Toyota.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    it incorporates more handling. 'Performance' is to vague.

Both terms might be regarded as too vague. "Handling" could also include how well it handles towing or load for example. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    We're shooting for a Wednesday test drive of the GT.

Deferred until Saturday. We had errands to run and the sales guy got off at 5. He was willing to stay & wait for us but since we weren't buying last night I didn't feel good about taking him away from his family for a couple of hours.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    there are much more obvious differences: acceleration test...

Some in favor of the Forester, we should note.
    It was quoted, so I'm not sure why it's not clear:

That last bit is Japanese hyperbole for an electronic front differential that senses driver inputs, vehicle attitude, and wheel slip to vary engine torque to either of the front wheels with an electronically controlled clutch pack

Send feedback to editors@caranddriver.com.
    The proper spelling is "hyperbole".

The headliner material is the same, and wasn't upgraded. At least in the GT I sat in. Have you even sat in one? You should go look at one considering how much you talk about it.

special odor absorbing fabric

That ranks right up there with the green HIDs you mentioned earlier. Whatever floats your boat.

my Benz does not have that ...It also handles worse then Toyota.

:confuse:
    Carscoop: "The S-AWC system uses an active front limited-slip differential"

The Auto Channel: "Active Front Differential (Afd) Front Limited Slip Differential"

The Car Connection: "an Active Front Differential and electronically controlled center diff"

And just in case anyone still has any doubt whatsoever, you can read about it on Mitsubishi's own web site.

So the torque vectoring only applies to the front axle, like that Prelude SH you dissed a day or two ago.
    Why is it OK for Mitsubishi to outsource sound to Rockford-Fosgate (as if they didn't build electronics) and brakes to Brembo for their prototype, but it's not OK for Audi to work with ZF or Subaru to work with IHI? And again it's fine for Hyundai to get help from Borg Warner?

And Mitsubishi doesn't build anything in China?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    We may have to rename this discussion "The esoteric differences between the Mitsu and Subie that six people actually care about". :P ;)

All very interesting, but I'm afraid the minutiae is of little use or interest to people actually doing some comparison shopping.

Most folks want to know how the cars drive, the mpg, the warranty, how the dealers are, how many airbags they have and what the fun factor is. And where the deals are.

On that note, is anyone lurking here who is shopping? Please speak up, like our friend Fushigi has.
  • comem47comem47 Member Posts: 399
    "We may have to rename this discussion "The esoteric differences between the Mitsu and Subie that six people actually care about".

Exactly!!!

is not !!!
    is so !!!
    is not !!!
    I double dog dare ya!!! :P

(some day I hope to tune in and actually see something of substance ..the person looking now excepted of course)
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Thank you, steve! Some people have far too much time on their hands - makes me wonder how they actually find time to drive.... :confuse:

FTR, I am considering the Outlander, Forester, Outback, CR-V, RAV-4 and Santa Fe.... but could care less about the minutiae I've seen on this thread recently.....
  • suvsearcher1suvsearcher1 Member Posts: 23
    Santa Fe and Rav-4 are really good SUV if you are looking for V6. Rav-4 V6 is not only more powerful, smooth and quieter than Outlander but also is more fuel efficient. This is the single most important thing that majority of the consumers look for and here our mighty Outlander fails to deliver. Mitsu has yet to make a decent V6 with good fuel economy and power. Outlander does not have a good V4 either in terms of power and fuel economy.
    Rest of the features in Outlander including the lame awd system that I have yet to read from any official Mitsu source that you can use the awd auto or lock mode on dry pavement are good only for marketing. Most of the consumers do not consider these when buying a new car. People look for fuel economy, or power of V6, smooth quiet ride and of course brand name that holds a good resale value. Outlander is way behind in all of these things.
    Moreover other than a few odd lancer and eclipse I hardly see any new Mitsu on the road though they have a number of cars in their lineup. Their Galant model is pretty much dead and mid size family sedan is the largest selling category. At this rate I wonder how long is Mitsu going to survive in North America unless they start selling in numbers.
    >> So the torque vectoring only applies to the front axle, like that Prelude SH you dissed a day r two ago.

No one said ONLY yet, but you. However I don't understand how the 2WD Prelude coupe is relevant here? And why you keep referring to capabilities to all these other cars Nissans, Outbacks, Imprezas? Is not the Forester the subject of discussion? What has Forester got? Nothing! It even lost Limited Slip Differential, while Outlander got first-in-class active front limited-slip differential and an electronically controlled 4WD coupling.
    Mitsu has yet to make a decent V6 with good fuel economy and power.

HP/l of displacement, the Outlander and RAV4 are within 0.2: 76.66 for the Outlander and 76.86 for the RAV4. So you cannot accurately claim Toyota's engine is more refined or offers some technological superiority; it's just bigger. The economy advantage of the Toyota (1 city; 2 highway) is most likely due to transmission gearing and that the Mitsu is 81 pounds heavier. The large difference is that the Mitsu 3L has 1.4 more ft-pounds of torque per litre and achieves max torque at a lower RPM. Numbers from the carmaker's web sites.

I'm not putting down the Toyota engine, but people need to realize when push comes to shove it isn't any more advanced than what other manufacturers have done.

Rest of the features in Outlander including the lame awd system that I have yet to read from any official Mitsu source that you can use the awd auto or lock mode on dry pavement are good only for marketing.

You can put it in any mode at any time at any speed. Been there, done that in an '09 on the test drive at the urging of the salesman. Exceptionally smooth transition; I wouldn't have even felt it if I wasn't paying attention.

I hardly see any new Mitsu on the road

Some people like having a vehicle that stands out. I personally would never buy a Camcord for the simple reason that I don't want to get lost in a sea of sameness. Mistu & Subaru both are small/niche players in the US so the odds of parking next to the same car are small.

I am concerned about Mitsu's future in the US. But chicken and egg .. they can't stay around if no one buys and if no one buys they can't stay around. I'm willing to take a chance as I know the vehicles are sound.

People look for .. brand name that holds a good resale value.

Resale value is a false indicator if you keep your vehicle a long time. I have a '99 Galant and a similarly equipped Camry at the time was $3K more (even more when you factor in interest savings from finance specials). Now, after almost 11 years of practically flawless operation (1 minor repair + scheduled maintenance), running the numbers - same mileage & condition - at KBB indicates a mere $1K difference in trade in prices. The "superior" resale of the Camry would have cost $2K more, not less, in the long run.
  • piastpiast Member Posts: 269
    "Mitsu has yet to make a decent V6 with good fuel economy and power."
    I'm not sure what you are talking about. My 07 V6 Outlander has 220 hp of decent power, and 17/24 mpg of good fuel economy. Yes, Rav4 is a bit better in this area, but worse in others, like handling, ergonomics, warranty, cargo flexibility or price.
    And where lame awd system comment came from? After two Chicago area winters I can mark it as excellent. With ASC, ABS and Traction control it is much better and safer than real 4X4 system I used to have in my old SUV. If you would read OUTLANDER forum close enough, you would found hundreds of happy owners, some driving in AWD all the time. This is electronic system, not affected by dry pavement as 4X4 systems. It is very similar system to Subaru AWD, with the difference, you can switch it off, if you wish (hint - on dry pavement, to save fuel)
    Thank you for speaking in the name of most of the consumers, but fortunately there are still a few open minded, who can see beyond letter T or H on the hood, when searching for a new car. I think Mitsubishi, Subaru, Mazda, or Hyundai can offer great value and good alternative as well.
    >> Why is it OK for Mitsubishi to outsource sound to Rockford-Fosgate (as if they didn't build electronics) and brakes to Brembo for their prototype, but it's not OK for Audi to work with ZF or Subaru to work with IHI?

Nothing wrong to outsource, but it shows level of techology and innovation, if you can't make it yourself. It shows that Audi is way behind in AWD technology while there is a legend about Audi AWD superiority (even they've never won the Dakar – the toughest offroad rally).

And Subaru is behind in everything: dated AWD, dated 3-speed tranny, no FAST key, no Xenons, no electric vehicles, no turbochargers which they have to buy from China or from rival Mitsubishi.

As for Mitsubishi, in addition to RF, it offers 5 options of Mitsubishi branded navigation/audio systems.
    "Rest of the features in Outlander including the lame awd system that I have yet to read from any official Mitsu source that you can use the awd auto or lock mode on dry pavement are good only for marketing. Most of the consumers do not consider these when buying a new car. People look for fuel economy, or power of V6, smooth quiet ride and of course brand name that holds a good resale value. Outlander is way behind in all of these things. "

One huge thing against the RAV is that stupid swing door. Think about tight parking along the sidewalk in the city and emptying out the contents in the rear. Oops! :confuse: Opening upwards is clearly better than a door that is in your way. The low height flip down lower tailgate on the Outlander comes in handy hauling over sized loads. (extends the floor and you can drive with the the liftgate up) I thought about buying a RAV until I really THOUGHT about it some more. Other than that I can't fault Toyota.
    >> One huge thing against the RAV is that stupid swing door. Think about tight parking along the sidewalk in the city and emptying out the contents in the rear. Oops! :confuse: Opening upwards is clearly better than a door that is in your way. The low height flip down lower tailgate on the Outlander comes in handy hauling over sized loads. (extends the floor and you can drive with the the liftgate up) I thought about buying a RAV until I really THOUGHT about it some more. Other than that I can't fault Toyota.

A agree. Since the conversation about Outlander - Forester is spreading into other brands, I am moving my response here form the Oulander - Forester thread

Forester is good basic dependable car, but it's not best in class in any category.

For instance, best in class per category, small SUV class under $35K:
    * Acceleration: RAV4 V6 (6.3 sec MSN Autos)
    * V6 fuel economy: RAV4 V6?
    * Small SUV CR reliability: Honda Element
    * Handling (slalom): Outlander (faster then any small SUV at any price)
    * Navigation: Outlander (free traffic info and Diamond Line Guidance)
    * Audio System: Outlander (710 watt RF w 10" sub)
    * Warranty/roadside: Outlander (5/10/5 roadside)
    * AWD: Outlander (torque vectoring with Active Yaw Control, 3-mode)
    * Lighting package: Outlander (Xenon/LED standard)
    * Top IIHS safety pick: Honda Element
    * Transmission: Outlander (6-speed with paddles and neutral logic)?
    * Interior?
    * Value?

Comments, corrections are welcome.
    >> "That last bit is Japanese hyperbole for an electronic front differential that senses driver inputs, vehicle attitude, and wheel slip to vary engine torque to either of the front wheels with an electronically controlled clutch pack"

So now when we see the actual quote, tell me, where does it say that S-AWC "operates ONLY on the front axle"???

It does not. This is your “hyperbole”! All they said that there is electronic front differential.

Wow, what a big discovery! Hey, it says everywhere including Mitsu site and even initial Outlander GT press release of New York Auto Show: “More than just four-wheel drive, S-AWC is a handling system that provides increased handling, traction and stability. Utilizing a first-in-class active front limited-slip differential and an electronically controlled 4WD coupling, S-AWC can prevent wheel slip between front to rear and side-to-side to enhance tire grip.”

This is still ALL Wheel Drive and ALL Wheel Control system, which by definition controls ALL wheels, not just front axel. This very S-AWC system produced the spectacular slalom results.
    >> One huge thing against the RAV is that stupid swing door. Think about tight parking along the sidewalk in the city and emptying out the contents in the rear. Oops! :confuse: Opening upwards is clearly better than a door that is in your way. The low height flip down lower tailgate on the Outlander comes in handy hauling over sized loads. (extends the floor and you can drive with the the liftgate up) I thought about buying a RAV until I really THOUGHT about it some more. Other than that I can't fault Toyota.

A agree, but since this conversation is spreading into other brands, I am moving my response to the crossover thread
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Nothing says "SUV Value" like the driving the car with the best-in-class lighting package and slalom speed.

:D
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    "Best in Class" is meaningless if your sales are floundering. Mitsubishi's sales are off year-to-date 46%, and the Outlander is off 26.1% (Outlander is down 54.2% in November as compared to November 2008).

http://www.autoobserver.com/2009/12/automakers-see-glass-half-full-after-flat-no- - - - vember-sales.html#more

The question should be; not as to which car, the Forester or Outlander is better; but rather will Mitsubishi remain in the U.S. market. ...And that being the case, would I want to purchase a car from a brand that could well become an orphan in the American market, as the resale value will plummet big time? Also service and warranty issues could become a problem.

Sure, Mitsubishi will claim they're sticking around, but will they if this trend continues?

Bob
    Agree on the poor design of the swing door. It opens the wrong way and needs tons of space. I won't repeat it in the Crossovers thread but I've already mentioned that.
    There's no torque vectoring on the rear axle, I think that's pretty clear. If it could Mitsubishi would mention it.

3 speed automatic? In what?

This is another case of let's agree to disagree.
    Mitsubishi i MiEV electric vehicle priced at $45,660 in Japan:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20090605/CARNEWS/906059997

* 99 mile range
    * 14 hours to charge @ 110v, 7 hrs at 220v
    * 30 minute charge with high-output quick charger
    * LED headlights (1st Mitsu to do so)
    * eligible for tax credits - $31,170 final cost

Price in the UK is higher ($69,000 at current exchange rates), though all cars cost more there.

If they can get US prices down below the Volt's, it could be a neat niche car for them. They're actually adding Lithium Ion batteries, though, so it's likely to cost more than the $31k.

Still could carve a niche for itself.
    That's not all - you can buy green HID headlight kit.

Also, the headliner is odor-absorbing, so your flatulence actually does not smell bad!

You can't make this stuff up.

PS Forester resale is best in class, 62% on a 3 year lease per car_man, Edmunds' host.
    >> That's not all - you can buy green HID headlight kit.

Sure you can complain about Mitsu HID colors , when Forester does not offer any HID :-)

>> Also, the headliner is odor-absorbing, so your flatulence actually does not smell bad!

Oh, I see, so if you drive Subaru, then your flatulence does smell bad. :) "You can't make this stuff up."

>> PS Forester resale is best in class, 62% on a 3 year lease per , Edmunds' host.

car_man / no_name message board host? :-) Prestigious_nomination.

I actually got more then 62% out of my Outlander. Bought $26.5K sold: $19k.
    According to the KBB though, the Best Resale Value crossover is C-RV:
    http://mediaroom.kbb.com/kelley-blue-book-announces-winners-2009-best-resale-val- - - ue-awards.
    >> Nothing says "SUV Value" like the driving the car with the best-in-class lighting package and slalom speed.

Sure, if these are your priorities. Some may like more the other stuff such as:
    * Navigation: Outlander (free traffic info and Diamond Line Guidance)
    * Audio System: Outlander (710 watt RF w 10" sub)
    * Warranty/roadside: Outlander (5/10/5 roadside)
    * AWD: Outlander (torque vectoring with Active Yaw Control, 3-mode)
    * Transmission: Outlander (6-speed with paddles and neutral logic)?
    * Interior with double stitch leather dash and door panels.
    >> The question should be; not as to which car, the Forester or Outlander is better; but rather will Mitsubishi remain in the U.S. market.

No, the question should be; will Subaru remain in the global market, with about 50,000 car annual production decline, this year staggering 3/4 billion dollar loss, and desperate measures to cut costs by going to Chinese suppliers and downgrading car equipment?
  • robm2robm2 Member Posts: 53
    >> Sure you can complain about Mitsu HID colors , when Forester does not offer any HID

Where did the HID's on my wife's '09 F-XT come from?

Headlights: Contoured multi-reflector Xenon High Intensity Discharge (HID) (low beam) with auto levelizer
    http://www.subaru.ca
    car_man / no_name message board host?

Now you're insulting our hosts?

If you don't respect Edmunds, why are you posting here?

Also, your said your lease was 30 months.
    Don't forget the 40 Gig I mean 9 Gig music server where you can rip your old CDs from the 1980s.

* Top IIHS safety pick: Honda Element

Forester is also a Top IIHS Safety Pick, and actually scored better on the roof crush test than the Element did, so that's incorrect.

Forester is also the class winner for the Polk Automotive Loyalty (RL Polk). Not only did in win in Compact SUVs, it beat all Midsize SUVs, all Full-size SUVs, and all luxury SUVs.

Range Rover came close, but Forester owners are the most loyal SUV owners, period.

Biggest moonroof? Not sure, but likely.

Most space efficient - more total EPA interior space than an Outlander with an overall length shorter than a Chevy Cobalt coupe. Small outside, big inside.

Most ground clearance in its class.

Best angle of approach.

Best angle of departure.

Best breakover angle.

Best visibility.

Consumer Reports top rated small SUV.

Car & Driver 5Best trucks.

Motor Trend Car of the Year.

Motorweek Driver's Choice Award.

...you get the point.

Forester wins plenty of wins and best-in-class, I'm sure there are many more.
    Hey we finally get to see that chelentano and ateixeira are just warring siblings

:P

Good one! :D
    Auto lease residuals are always — always — set as a percentage of MSRP — never on negotiated price. This is a point that is frequently misunderstood by leasing consumers. For example, a vehicle with a MSRP sticker price of $30,000 and a 50% residual percentage would have an estimated $15,000 residual value at lease-end — regardless of negotiated lease price

So he got $19k after 30 months.

What was the MSRP? Edmunds loaded 07 Outlander was $30,615.

So the 30 month residuals was 62%.

At that rate you could have kept a Forester 6 months longer for free.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    You had better hope this rumored Mitsubishi-Peugeot tie-up occurs. If not Mitsubishi is likely toast.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/mitsubishis-fortunes-bolstered-by-peugeot-tieup-2- 0091203-k8s6.html

A quote from the above link:

''With Mitsubishi's earnings taking a hit, Peugeot's stake would provide much needed financial support,'' Mr Kato said. ''Mitsubishi can't survive on its own.''

Bob
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Navigation: Outlander (free traffic info and Diamond Line Guidance)

I've never...EVER heard of one instance of people being happy with their traffic info on systems like these. Even Edmunds InsideLine long-term blog addresses this. Info is wrong, or at least very delayed, a lot more than it is right.

Do you have this? I'm curious as to how well it works and how up-to-date it is. Its a great idea, with terrible execution in most cases.

Audio System: Outlander (710 watt RF w 10" sub)

I'm 22, and have never needed any more than the 200 Watt system in my Accord to hear the highs clearly and keep the bass from being muddy; you just have to set-it-up properly. It's fairly basic, but its great to me. Had a check-engine light read at Auto-Zone this summer and the guy working there asked me what speakers/sub I had in the car (I had left my radio turned on to a country station, nothing "thumpin'". Much to his surprise, they're completely stock. Not bad considering the car is a '96 model that came with a 50-Watt Tape-Deck standard. I can't imagine what I'd do with any more power through my stereo - I've never had my volume turned past 18 with anything playing, and then it was only to play something so I could hear it outside the car. It goes to 40.

Transmission: Outlander (6-speed with paddles and neutral logic)?

I like the paddle-shifters (although I long for a true manual in my current car); what is "neutral logic?" Never heard of it but sounds intriguing. :)
    Nav: I had a trial of traffic on my handheld Magellan and it was current enough and useful a couple of times when rerouting around an accident. Funny thing is I never paid for a subscription but the traffic data is still there. :)

Audio: Everyone's desires are different. I listen to anything from Mozart to classic rock to jazz to talk radio to Japanese R&B techno. Add some country and heavy bands like Nickelback and Marilyn Manson and you've also covered my wife's taste. Some music is about clarity and pureness of sound; some is about making the windows rattle.

Agreed that how well a stereo sounds has as much to do with how it's configured as how much power it has. But also, understand that an audio system's power isn't just for added volume. Here's some info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_power

Neutral logic: When you come to a complete stop the trans shifts to neutral to reduce trans drag & improve economy. If you turn the wheel or take your foot off the brake the trans re-engages.

I bought an Outlander GT on Saturday so if you have specific questions, head to the Outlander thread & I'll try to answer them.
    This is par for the course. Toyota owns 17% of Subaru, and PSA is supposed to purchase 30-50% of Mitsubishi. We all saw that coming.

It's very tough to stay independent, even a very profitable Porsche failed and got reigned in by Piech's mafia at VW.
    Congratulations. :shades:

You're among the first, too.
    Finally found the link:

https://www.alg.com/ResidualValueAwards

Subaru was the #1 mainstream brand.

Forester was the #1 compact utility.

Outback was the #1 mid-size utility.
    One of the first 3000, anyway. The last 6 digits of my VIN are 002xxx.
    Cool. I wonder if they start at 0000, or maybe 1000?

No matter, congrats again.
    Fushigi.

Congrats on your GT purchase!!!

RE: the RF sound system: I only bought a V6 4WD LS in 2007, but had to opt for the "Sun and Sound" package (and not because of the sun part). I rarely set the volume control past 20, but it's the clarity of the system I appreciate (VERY clean bass). There are definitely things Mitsu could do better (I do not have the music server with large display and my version of the radio has red LEDS that wash out in sunlight), but I partially forgive that for the sound quality .Maybe you don't have that problem if you have the server with GPS.

We'll be listening for your drive reports after you've had a chance to break it in.
    >> There's no torque vectoring on the rear axle, I think that's pretty clear. If it could Mitsubishi would mention it.

replied in 4WD & AWD systems thread.
    >> Forester is also a Top IIHS Safety Pick, and actually scored better on the roof crush test than the Element did, so that's incorrect.

No, Volkswagen Tiguan had top roof crush rating.

>> Most space efficient - more total EPA interior space than an Outlander with an overall length shorter than a Chevy Cobalt coupe. Small outside, big inside.

No. Forester XT has 132.9 cu.ft vs. Outlander XLS 139.4 cu.ft.
    Quote “...the Forester does not lead its class for total interior volume” - Examiner

>> Best angle of approach.
    >> Best angle of departure.
    >> Best breakover angle.
    >> Most ground clearance in its class.

No, at least Jeep has better specs of this kind. You did not even make an effort do to your homework. As usual: the “Borg Warner” method.

>> Best visibility.

Says who? You don’t get top visibility ranking with no backup camera, no rain sensing vipers and no bi-directional Xenons.

>> Consumer Reports top rated small SUV.

No, the last 2 years it’s RAV4 : CR top picks

>> Car & Driver 5Best trucks.
    >> Motor Trend Car of the Year.
    >> Motorweek Driver's Choice Award.

Magazine “Awards” we don’t count, since every mag has own “award” paid by advertising dollars anyway. “Polk”? Reading web site: is just another “premier provider of marketing solutions”. All these guys just award their best donors.
This discussion has been closed.