Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Interior water leak

rricharrrichar Member Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in GMC
I have a 2002 Yukon Denali just noticed the driver side carpet is wet. Checked door & window seals also looked for other wet spots and found none. The wet area is in the center of the carpet on the drivers side I can not find where the water is coming from. Anyone experience similar problem?

Comments

• docnumberdocnumber Member Posts: 1
    I have had the same problem! With my 2004 Denali, the 3rd time it happened i was driving it and saw the drip comming from what looked like the edge of the sunvisor. After wheeling it in to the dealership; they found that the water was comming in from the onstar antenna. After tightening it, it has never happened since!
  • paulpdxpaulpdx Member Posts: 3
    I bought a 2005 GMC Yukon Denali with a sunroof. Water mysteriously leaked, intermittently, at various points in the headliner - near and through the driver-side air vents in the headliner behind driver, at left front A-pillar, and from the center console above the rear-view mirror. The sunroof was always kept closed so this leaking puzzled me. I park on a sloped driveway and after backing out and driving away it appear that pooled water would redistribute itself and come dripping out of these various points. First dealership couldn't diagnose. GMC Customer Care recommended I get a second opinion. The second dealership apparently resolved the problem - see write-up below. It's been sunny lately so I can't be CERTAIN the issue is resolved, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Sharing the story here hoping it provides a clue for other puzzled owners. These are the dealership's notes from the repair order:
    "VERIFIED CONCERN WATER LEAKING INTO HEADLINER AREA LOWERED HEADLINING AND WATER TESTED FOUND WATER LEAKING AT DRAIN HOSES WHERE RUBBER HOSES CONNECTS TO PLASTIC HOSE. APPLIED ADHESIVE TO HOSES AND RECONNECTED AND ALLOWED TO DRY WATER TESTED NO LONGER LEAKING REASSEMBLED CONCERN CORRECTED.”
  • vj9vj9 Member Posts: 1
    Have any of you ran into having LARGE amounts of water in your rear doors? I have heard water "sloshing" around in what sounded like a gallon water jug for some time now. Finally go the hubby to hear it when I slammed on the breaks - when we arrived home, he opened the front with no water sound, but the back door was a completely different story - there was water in both back doors. Stopped by the GMC dealership, but was not happy with the info I was given - even showed them pics that were taken the next morning of the water that had dripped out over night. Just wondering if I am the only one to have this problem? Thanks!
  • rshtrsht Member Posts: 277
    Just wondering if you had after market rust proofing done on it? I have seen in the past drain holes under the doors get blocked by the rust proofing material...
  • star5050star5050 Member Posts: 2
    TOYOTA COROLLA LE 2005 ...don't know how I'm in another model forum...Any ideas before we go to Toyota service center? We found the passenger side carpets, front and rear, saturated with water...dried them....happened again...and again...looking for our extended warranty info and speaking to our Allstate agent (if something happened while the car was in motion...I read that it may be covered by comprehensive insurance)...also read about newer Toyota Service manual that indicates a change, adding a cover for a (condenser?)...well folks, anything else? (I don't look forward to a "tough luck, lady...that'll be $600." thanks everybody...Star P.
  • paulpdxpaulpdx Member Posts: 3
    Re your Toyota I recall my 2000 Avalon had leak on passenger side floor that was traced to some sort of drain from the AC or condenser. Don't recall details, but I don't recall it costing much to clean or redirect it at the time.
  • star5050star5050 Member Posts: 2
    thank you, paulpdx...crossing my fingers while doing the homework...Star
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You'll probably want to head over to the Toyota Corolla area.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • denali9denali9 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Yukon Denali as well and this same problem happened yesterday.We had our fist rain of the season. I was backing out of the driveway, truck parked on a slope, and water starting pouring out of the rear drivers side heater vents. All three vents were pouring out water and water soaked the headliner area from the door to the vent. I brought it into the dealership and they ripped the headliner out and can't find anything wrong. Drain hoses clear, sunroof drain clear. They still have it and claim to be trying to find the problem. I was wondering if you have had any more problems since yours was fixed?
  • fixitrodfixitrod Member Posts: 67
    If you haven't checked your A/C drain plugs to see if they are clogged or blocked however the water would be on the passenger side or rear cargo area. On the firewall is a plug for inlet of steering something you might want to check to see if its out of position. Good luck...I had this problem and the entire passenger side of my Yukon XL was soaked...I had to remove all seats , carpet and blow dry and deodorize. Took about 3 days
  • rpennellrpennell Member Posts: 1
    I can't find the water leak in my cargo area!!!! My carpet is wet at the rear cargo doors.Could water be coming up from underneath the suv? Someone please help me with these ?'s
  • rickmortrickmort Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I purchased our new/used Yukon XL Denali at the beginning of June. He have has some rain storms, but not many. Last night were driving in one for about 15 minutes. We then pulled into our sloped driveway. It rained some during the night not nearly has hard as it did when we were driving. When we pulled out of the driveway this morning, water came pouring out from the back seat seat belt hole and the headliner. Has anyone successfully diagnosed the issue on a 2007 Yukon XL Denali?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rick
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    rickmort,

I apologize for the water leak you are experiencing. Were you planning on taking the vehicle to a GM dealership to be fixed? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • rickmortrickmort Member Posts: 2
    I was planning on it, but could you offer me an explanation as to what the issue is, as I have seen that there are many that have experienced this type of issue, so there should be some sort of write-up on it for the 2007 model?

Thank in advance, Rick
  • raven0624raven0624 Member Posts: 1
    I am very curious on what the answer to this is. I have a 2007 Denali I just purchased and I have the leak in the very back of the truck behind the third row. I am wondering if this is the same leak. I also have another problem on the driver's side. I went on a long drive recently and noticed the floor on the driver's side getting really hot. When i pulled over to fill up I checked under the mat and noticed the carpet was wet. It didn't seem like water when I felt it. I touched it and it almost seemed like oil. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Armando
    rickmort,
    I apologize we cannot. We don't have that type of information. The dealer is in the best position to explain what is happening, as they are able to examine the vehicle. Please keep us updated on your situation. Have a great weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    raven0624,
    I definitely recommend taking your vehicle into your dealer of choice. They will be able to at least diagnosis your vehicle for you as well as provide you a quote for the fix. Please keep me updated on your situation.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • hwilliam12hwilliam12 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a use 2007 Yukon Denali and came to find out that the fuel sensor is not acting up.
    I put $30 gas in the car drove it down the street and came back start driving it again and the gas light came on... Can anyone help?
    hwilliam12,

Were you planning on having the vehicle looked at by a GM dealership? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
This discussion has been closed.