Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX Personalized Settings

catdaddylongcatdaddylong Member Posts: 53
As you know after buying a new Lexus you are handed a personalized setting sheet and they set up an appointment a month later for you to come in and have the settings done at no cost. Most of the settings that are standard are not changed. What settings do you change and why?

Comments

• eastgurleastgurl Member Posts: 2
    What kinds of personalized settings do you have on your lexus?
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    There are a lot more of these options than described as LPS, commonly known as C-best options. My 2001 AWD RX300 has the c-best options set so that I can disable the A/C compressor indefinitely, and the compressor operation is unlinked from the defrost/defog/demist mode.

I do NOT use the compressor unless actual cooling is required.

Later c-best versions (04+?) allowed a setting wherein the system would not automatically switch to cooling mode once the cabin temperature climbs to within a few degrees of your setpoint.

That "switch", if allowed, can prove to be hazardous since the interior surface of the windshield is no longer warmed once the system switches to cooling mode.
  • danl2danl2 Member Posts: 2
    Is it possible to do the personalized settings myself. Recently I bought an aftermarket replacement key, it came with relatively easy instructions, total cost was $90 vs dealer quote of $235 for key and programming. If the personal settings work about the same it shouldn't be too tough. Any help would be appreciated.
  • blrchiblrchi Member Posts: 2
    Its all personal preferences. For ex, the way door locks operate, the keyboard on nav screen, ABCD vs standard querty key board & so on.
    If you are happy & comfortable with the default settings, leave it at that & enjoy it. I bet most of the people don't change the defaults.
  • catdaddylongcatdaddylong Member Posts: 53
    The only setting I am going to have changed at this point in time is the headlight sensitivity. I want my head lights to come on a lot sooner than the standard setting. An example is that last week they did not come on until 5:50 PM (CST) and I would have like them to come on about 30 minutes sooner. It was a cloudy day and most cars on the road had their head lights on and I wished mine had come on with the automatic setting. My wife's ES330 was the same way and she had her's set at the most light sensitive setting. I am going to have my RX set the same way. A #1 setting on a scale of 1-6. #3 is standard. All of the other settings I will probably leave as they came. At the personalized setting appointment they also check your Lexus over and I want them to evaluate the dashboard rattle I have had since I drove it off the lot. I plan on having this corrected at the free oil change at the 5000 mile service and will probably arrange for a loaner car as I have been told to correct rattles may take as much as a couple of days.
  • budhbudh Member Posts: 109
    I love the RX330/350 - but the headroom is about 3/4" too little to support my 6'3" frame with a long torso.

So if you had to pick a non-Lexus....what would YOU have picked that has somewhat similar luxury and driving characteristics?

Bud H
  • catdaddylongcatdaddylong Member Posts: 53
    Bud, I think you posted under the wrong subject title. This thread is about personalized setting options.
  • backoffbackoff Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the outside temperature display can be changed to show centigrade instead of fahrenheit on my 2002 RX300?
    Thanks
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    No.
  • navionavio Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know if you can set elapsed time on a trip? we have a 2012 rx350 w/nav and it does not seem possible. Every other car we have has had this feature and we are use to it. thanks
  • navionavio Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know what the dealer only changes are to personalized settings. It is my understanding you are only allowed one opportunity to have the dealer make the changes at no cost and any other requests after the first are charged for. I have made a number of changes on the settings but wanted to know what the other options are. Thanks ahead of time
  • gatorsfgatorsf Member Posts: 22
    They are listed in the manual. Sont have it with me right now or else I'd direct you to the page.