Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2005 GMC Yukon XL/ Chevy Suburban Consumer Reports Review

tonsgeorgiatonsgeorgia Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
The new Consumer Reports just came out and my 2005 Yukon XL/ Chevy Suburban dropped significantly to "well below average" for:
1) Suspension
2) Drive System
I bought mine at a Red Tag Sales 12/05 so I am several months behind everyone else who has seen these problems. Any insights into what is wrong in these areas?

Comments

• ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539
    That's interesting. Was any more specific info provided? I have the same thing, a 2005 pruchased late that year for a song. If they're referring to Auto Ride and/or 4WD/AWD stuff, neither of those apply to mine. I did have a front suspension cross member replaced under warranty when I took it in a few months ago (about 33K miles) for the intermediate steering column problem (that was also fixed under warranty).

I don't put a lot of stock into Consumer Reports, but when I bought mine, the Yukon was rated at the top among full-size SUV's, so who knows. These might just be complaints from some doofuses about the bumpy ride compared to the old Toyota they traded up from.
  • tonsgeorgiatonsgeorgia Member Posts: 5
    I also had the steering column fixed at about 22K miles. Rear liftgate handle snapped off at about the same time (both warranty repairs). Other than that no problems. I just found out mine was one of the few 1500 SLT, 4WD, models sold without Stabilitrak (ESC). Figures that GM would sticker a vehicle at $48K and forget a key safety feature. Fuel economy for the life of the vehicle shows 15.9mpg according to the vehicle diagnostic computer.
This discussion has been closed.